Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Bill doing the decent thing
Posted by: FOGGY ()
Date: October 23, 2015 00:00

Thanks Bill.

I think Mick has sent flowers for Brian's gravestone in the past and Keith concluded his recent MOJO interview saying he wished he could've helped/saved Brian the night he died...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 23, 2015 00:13

Thanks FOGGY for your positive comment........

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: October 23, 2015 02:06

I don't know, to me cemeteries and tombstones have never made me feel a connection to the soul of loved ones. I mean they're gone...it's just what's leftover, kinda like when you take your clothes off and put em in the laundry basket. Each to their own and I fully respect others traditions/feelings on this.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 23, 2015 02:32

shadooby
I don't know, to me cemeteries and tombstones have never made me feel a connection to the soul of loved ones. I mean they're gone...it's just what's leftover, kinda like when you take your clothes off and put em in the laundry basket. Each to their own and I fully respect others traditions/feelings on this.

Perhaps snorting some cremation ashes is a bit more of a tangible way to connect for you shadooby. winking smiley For me, I actually spent time in the graveyard with my grandparents talking about and paying respects to their parents, so it brings up fond memories of them when I visit. Besides there is some value in respecting old traditions and graveyards are generally a peaceful place in the outdoors to engage in such activities. It actually has little to do with their remains being there.

I was hiking on a hill behind our ranch in California yeas ago and discovered about 20 old abandoned graves, some with elaborate (but overgrown) headstones and some amazing engraved epitaphs. Forgotten souls who all died in the 1800's, more than one kid and a couple infants and well as some who were born in the 1700's. Probably not a big deal for Europeans but it was an amazing discovery for California. I spent weeks cleaning up the site and researching the people buried there. It was pretty rewarding. The hill is now owned by the State (Park) although they have let it go back to disrepair again...ashes to ashes. No worries.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: October 23, 2015 02:57

Bill looks well-fed. Does Sticky Fingers have an all-you-can-eat buffet?

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 23, 2015 03:52

Naturalust
shadooby

Perhaps snorting some cremation ashes is a bit more of a tangible way to connect for you shadooby. winking smiley For me, I actually spent time in the graveyard with my grandparents talking about and paying respects to their parents, so it brings up fond memories of them when I visit. Besides there is some value in respecting old traditions and graveyards are generally a peaceful place in the outdoors to engage in such activities. It actually has little to do with their remains being there.

I was hiking on a hill behind our ranch in California yeas ago and discovered about 20 old abandoned graves, some with elaborate (but overgrown) headstones and some amazing engraved epitaphs. Forgotten souls who all died in the 1800's, more than one kid and a couple infants and well as some who were born in the 1700's. Probably not a big deal for Europeans but it was an amazing discovery for California. I spent weeks cleaning up the site and researching the people buried there. It was pretty rewarding. The hill is now owned by the State (Park) although they have let it go back to disrepair again...ashes to ashes. No worries.

I think old cemeteries are fascinating. That was a wonderful thing that you did.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 23, 2015 05:13

Bill Wyman does the decent thing and leaves his metal detector home when visiting cemetery.

Posted by: slakka ()
Date: November 1, 2015 03:38

Old Bills pushing the big eight oh fer chris sake, hats off to him as well as all the notches in his belt.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 1, 2015 09:56

steffialicia
Naturalust
shadooby

I think old cemeteries are fascinating. That was a wonderful thing that you did.
Agree on both counts. They were certainly loved and grieved by somone whom is also long gone. A reminder of the tiny chapter we all share on this planet.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2151
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home