Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Keiths injuries
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 8, 2015 11:15

with sssoul
keefriffhards
I didn't say that him falling in Indianapolis had anything to do with him drinking

Ah but you did, in your reply to Main Defender and then to Naturalust as well.
It's not my fault ...
. Ssoul I clearly said he may of started drinking to numb the pain. I did not say he fell over because he was drinking

Re: Keiths injury
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 8, 2015 11:53

keefriffhards
Naturalust
keefriffhards
Maindefender
I saw him in Buffalo, no ill effects that night

well maybe he started drinking to numb the pain. would explain why no solo shows

I think Keith (and his doctor's) probably know a few better prescriptions for pain than alcohol. He sure hid it well if he indeed did crack a rib.

I was totally impressed how he protected the guitar in the fall!

But i bet i know what Keith prefers as a pain killer winking smiley
He said in the interview he didn't want to involve the doctors in case they cancelled the shows
Plus prescription drugs are more harmful

"The doctors, they'd only interfere".

Date: October 8, 2015 12:02

rileyf
I hope I can be forgiven for reposting this from another thread- I was right in front of Keith when he fell and managed to snag a series of photos from the event. (I had no idea he was about to fall when I started snapping. got "lucky" i suppose.) there was a brief pause after the song finished but Keith didn't appear shaken in the lest following this.

[www.rileyfields.com]

What a great sequence Riley's! Man that hat must have been hard. Ron steps on it after Keith but the next photo shows it didn't even dent.

Date: October 8, 2015 12:08

Fantastic pics, riley! The expression on Ronnie's face while he is about to demolish that hat is priceless! grinning smiley

Date: October 8, 2015 12:18

DandelionPowderman
Fantastic pics, riley! The expression on Ronnie's face while he is about to demolish that hat is priceless! grinning smiley

But the hat doesn't break...confused smiley

Date: October 8, 2015 12:19

Maindefender
DandelionPowderman

But the hat doesn't break...confused smiley

It seems unbreakable... grinning smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 8, 2015 14:18

Look that hat, if he doesnt stop it we dont play.

Date: October 8, 2015 14:27

«If those hats don't cool it, we won't play!»

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 8, 2015 14:55

smileys with beerthumbs up Yeah thats the one.

Date: October 8, 2015 16:00

Chris Fountain
erikjjf
Chris Fountain
I can't remember when but he accidently fell off a ladder in his library while attempting to reach a book.

May 1998, delaying the European tour.

That would be part of the B to B tour? I saw them in Charlotte on that tour, which turned out to be one of their superior shows.

Agreed. I was at that one at well.

Thanks,

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: October 8, 2015 16:08

stanlove
RockinJive
No he didnt get hurt. If he had a cracked rib he never would of got up. I cracked a rib one time and was out of work for 6 weeks. Probabaly just a bruse

I cracked a rib on 2 occasions and while in pain never missed a day of work. I tried to play basketball once with it and it was extremely hard and painful. Couldn't move. If Keith had my cracked ribs he probably could play a concert but it would be very painful. With pain meds for sure could do.

I guess not all cracked rib are alike or me and Keith are 100 times tougher then you.

Yeah, the way it looks it's very likely that he cracked a rib or two. I cracked a rib three weeks ago during a very similar fall while skateboarding and it's the worst pain I have ever been in (apart from that other time about five years ago when the same thing happened to me while snowboarding). So painful to lie down, turn in bed, getting up etc but standing up I can still function quite well with the help of some medication!
I don't doubt that Keith would be able to play the guitar with a few cracked ribs.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 8, 2015 16:14

he also fell while 'running' in Atlanta... i blame it on the Nike's... dude should go back to those stupid boots and stand still... let the singer do the running around part.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: October 8, 2015 18:23

keefriffhards
with sssoul
God knows what they would find :E

Meanwhile it's absurdly presumptuous to post "no he didn't get hurt".

And keefriffhards, I'm sorry you're back to theorizing about someone else's drinking.
Again: That's how rumours start that the crap gossip sites pick up and spew all over.
Don't do that, okay? Thanks

You have got to be kidding, he drinks in every interview, Vodka and sunkist orange, he is Keith Richards
You honestly think Keith drinking is news worthy lol
Stop policing this site please

i believe that with sssoul means that speculative tales can become fodder for "facts" when they get spread around online, e.g., the climbing a coconut tree in fiji when in reality his hands slipped when he was getting down off a low branch to have lunch.

a speculation that keith richards is not touring behind crosseyed heart because of maybe he started drinking to numb the pain. would explain why no solo shows can be spread about like crazy on the internet-a-sphere, especially as there has been no official statement on if and when or if not and why not.

with sssoul does know what she is talking about....
no reason to snap at her
(and she's not policing the site, is she? she is commenting about how rumours start and end up being deemed news worthy)

plus, also too: i am amazed keith richards continued on so well through that show -- that injury is really painful -- the rolling stones are master professionals!, he saved his guitar beautifully, indeed!, and for all that's sacred to the rolling stones: stop throwing crap on to the stage!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 9, 2015 01:57

ohotos
stanlove
RockinJive
No he didnt get hurt. If he had a cracked rib he never would of got up. I cracked a rib one time and was out of work for 6 weeks. Probabaly just a bruse

I cracked a rib on 2 occasions and while in pain never missed a day of work. I tried to play basketball once with it and it was extremely hard and painful. Couldn't move. If Keith had my cracked ribs he probably could play a concert but it would be very painful. With pain meds for sure could do.

I guess not all cracked rib are alike or me and Keith are 100 times tougher then you.

Yeah, the way it looks it's very likely that he cracked a rib or two. I cracked a rib three weeks ago during a very similar fall while skateboarding and it's the worst pain I have ever been in (apart from that other time about five years ago when the same thing happened to me while snowboarding). So painful to lie down, turn in bed, getting up etc but standing up I can still function quite well with the help of some medication!
I don't doubt that Keith would be able to play the guitar with a few cracked ribs.

I agree unlikely that he actually cracked a rib but with such little real info about his symptoms and diagnosis it's hard to say really. Bruised ribs can be just as painful but just generally heal quicker. I actually cracked a rib the same week as Keith during a motocross bike accident. Just now feeling completely healed and I'm considerably younger than Keith. I chose to not take any pain meds although they were offered. Think pain is one of the ways our body tells us not to move certain ways with injuries, etc. but I was wincing on most of my later dirt bike rides this summer. Looking back at some of the shows after Indy all I can say is he masked his injury very well, especially if he indeed had a cracked rib and didn't see any doctors. He's definitely a tough old goat.

Date: October 9, 2015 02:16

CloudCat
keefriffhards
with sssoul
God knows what they would find :E

Meanwhile it's absurdly presumptuous to post "no he didn't get hurt".

And keefriffhards, I'm sorry you're back to theorizing about someone else's drinking.
Again: That's how rumours start that the crap gossip sites pick up and spew all over.
Don't do that, okay? Thanks

You have got to be kidding, he drinks in every interview, Vodka and sunkist orange, he is Keith Richards

i believe that with sssoul means that speculative tales can become fodder for "facts" when they get spread around online, e.g., the climbing a coconut tree in fiji when in reality his hands slipped when he was getting down off a low branch to have lunch.

a speculation that keith richards is not touring behind crosseyed heart because of maybe he started drinking to numb the pain. would explain why no solo shows can be spread about like crazy on the internet-a-sphere, especially as there has been no official statement on if and when or if not and why not.

with sssoul does know what she is talking about....
no reason to snap at her
(and she's not policing the site, is she? she is commenting about how rumours start and end up being deemed news worthy)

plus, also too: i am amazed keith richards continued on so well through that show -- that injury is really painful -- the rolling stones are master professionals!, he saved his guitar beautifully, indeed!, and for all that's sacred to the rolling stones: stop throwing crap on to the stage!

I actually meant that there may be no solo shows down to Keith getting a cracked rib
People are putting words in my mouth, are you guys trying to get me banned ??

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 9, 2015 09:34

DandelionPowderman
«If those hats don't cool it, we won't play!»

Now you all wanna go home or what....

Date: October 9, 2015 10:24

Well...maybe Keith was misquoted as he seemed just fine after his fall. I suppose
though, there are gradations of rib cracks - somewhat similar to gradations of blues legends painting a ceiling.

Keith is very tough - he was still jogging down the runway for the remaing shows
on the tour. All these shows with a cracked rib.

Actually nothing to joke about, as this was a very nasty fall for a Person in his
70's. Fortunately he didn't land on his head. This could have been very bad indeed - career ending and tour ending. I'll go with what ever story is painted
as long as Keith is in one piece.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 9, 2015 11:41

In your 70s it probably takes less force to crack a rib than it does in your 20s - external damage might be minimal. Anyway, it explains that Do Not X-Ray T-shirt.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 9, 2015 11:49

This thread could have been about Iggy Pop as well. He threw himself like a mitten from stage edge to and from virtually all the time with the Stooges.
confused smiley Bing Translator trying to translate something from my Swedish...

2 1 2 0

Date: October 9, 2015 14:40

I think Keith must have been so brave to continue, he took it like a man in front of the fans but that must of hurt him. The man is a legend and he took 'the show must go on' stance to save the last 3 shows. God bless em

Yes Green Lady it does explain the T shirt he wore the very next day with his grandson, apparently he goes everywhere with Keith when he is not at school smiling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 9, 2015 15:44

If he wasn't X-rayed, we only have his self-diagnosis to go on - but whatever it really was, I think we can accept that he was in some pain for the last shows, and is only now going to tell us about it.

Date: October 9, 2015 18:45

Green Lady
If he wasn't X-rayed, we only have his self-diagnosis to go on - but whatever it really was, I think we can accept that he was in some pain for the last shows, and is only now going to tell us about it.

Cracked ribs can cause serious discomfort for up to 2 months

I should know, never known pain like it.

I don't think Keith would make something like that up

He knows doctors can't do anything for it except pain killers that wreck your kidneys

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 9, 2015 18:52

Keith said "I might've cracked a rib...", henever claimed to actually crack a rib.
A bruised rib can be as painful as a crack rib (temporarily), but like any bruise it heals much faster and the pain doesn't linger for weeks.

Date: October 9, 2015 19:00

keefriffhards
CloudCat
keefriffhards

speculative tales can become fodder for "facts" when they get spread around online, e.g., the climbing a coconut tree in fiji when in reality his hands slipped when he was getting down off a low branch to have lunch.

I actually meant that there may be no solo shows down to Keith getting a cracked rib
People are putting words in my mouth, are you guys trying to get me banned ??

not at all and not at all

i wouldn't do you like that!

the point is that it reads maybe he started drinking to numb the pain. would explain why no solo shows, and that sounds as if drinking is the reason for not touring behind the album. because sometimes these statements get grabbed up and used out of context and reported as facts.

that's all

thank you for clarifying what you meant!

Date: October 9, 2015 19:03

Come On
This thread could have been about Iggy Pop as well. He threw himself like a mitten from stage edge to and from virtually all the time with the Stooges.
confused smiley Bing Translator trying to translate something from my Swedish...

like a mitten!
throwing himself!

i'm gonna give that a whirl!

smiling bouncing smiley

Date: October 9, 2015 19:20

Well Keith did the right thing. How horrible it would have been to cancel shows
due to a plastic hat.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 9, 2015 20:25

It's good to be able to catch up on the full story of Keith's bout with the hat onstage, his fall, and possible injury.
I like how he explains in RS that he did kick it away but it bounced right back. Yikes.

What kind of a nut would throw something onstage in front of Keith?
A TOSSER, I say, in more ways than one.

I noticed when Mick ran around the relatively thin lip of the stage around the tongue during 50 and Counting that he kept a close eye on the area. Once someone threw something up there, he kicked it aside, and then security quickly picked it up. Puting any one of them in danger like that is so reckless, so dangerous.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 9, 2015 20:36

What kind of a nut would throw something onstage in front of Keith?

Someone who isn't thinking due to alcohol/drugs or just the high of being that close. People are stupid sometimes, some are stupid all the time.

As for Keith and pain...everyone has different thresholds and even if it bothered him a lot off stage, the adrenelin onstage would have deadened the pain. The same applies to injured atheletes who can keep going to finish a game, not realizing that they've broken a bone. My crazy son kept playing with one bone broken in his hand and then he broke another one.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: October 9, 2015 21:06

That hat pisses me off.!! how did he keep the guitar from getting messed up. amazing flexibility. good on Ronnie for trying to kill the stupid hat. god amighty they can't fall down now Keith cracked some ribs when he fell off the library ladder at home reaching for leonardo da vinci on the shelf back in the 80s didn't he? and he broke his nose when he fell over after 9 days awake while making mix tapes, .. The guy could be made of rubber. we don't know

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-09 23:39 by tumbled.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 9, 2015 21:28

Keef is thaumaturgic, period! smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1610
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home