Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
If there were 3 things you could change about the Stones
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 7, 2015 13:27

3 wishes basically

These are mine

1 The Glimmer Twins never fell out in the first place
2 They toured behind undercover and DW
3 Keith toured to promote Crosseyed Heart ( That wish may be granted next year )

Re: If there were 3 things you could change about the Stones
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 7, 2015 13:37

Reverse the ageing process! >grinning smiley<

The fact that they could still whizz over to each other's homes and write songs together instead of being stranded continents apart and generally writing in isolation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-07 13:59 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 7, 2015 13:51

They toured behind Undercover and DW
They helped Brian Jones preserving the historic lineup
They chose a different producer for the albums they released during the 90s

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 7, 2015 13:56

They could very well write songs together, even when continents apart. All they need is a notebook and access to the internet. Not so unusal these days, creating music this way. Making music together but not being actually in one room could lead to interesting results. I think both of them are not very keen to share the same room for hours, so this could be a possibility for working together without being physically together.

3 things:

I wish Mick had never started to release solo-albums.

I wish they´d toured behind Dirty Work and had released a live album containing all of the marvelous DW-songs, except Back To Zero.

I wish Mick had never met Bianca and Bill had left the band much earlier.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 7, 2015 13:59

peace, love, and rock and roll...they got the last one right, does it really matter about the first two? cool smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 7, 2015 14:02

HMS
They could very well write songs together, even when continents apart. All they need is a notebook and access to the internet. Not so unusal these days, creating music this way. Making music together but not being actually in one room could lead to interesting results. I think both of them are not very keen to share the same room for hours, so this could be a possibility for working together without being physically together.

3 things:

I wish they´d toured behind Dirty Work and had released a live album containing all of the marvelous DW-songs, except Back To Zero.

Making music across the internet is not the same as being able to laugh, sweat, and play together in the same room. You can't beat the human touch especially bouncing off each other's ideas. McCartney said as much when he was describing the way he and John used to write opposite each other. That intimacy helped create epic music.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: October 7, 2015 14:20

1. Bill Wyman never left the band.

2. Japanese tours prior to 1990.

3. Mick more masculine in the 1970s.

Date: October 7, 2015 14:21

HMS

3 things:

Wow HMS your so much like me its scary lol

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 7, 2015 14:36

HMS

3 things:

You mean you wish that Bill had left earlier than he did?

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 7, 2015 14:56

I for one don't want to change THEM.

However, I would like to express not so many as three wishes, but only one concerning their audiences and recordbuyers. Either the same people or from a renewed fanbase.

It is that these strata of people would have received UNDERCOVER with as much enthousiasm and interest as earlier SOME GIRLS was met with.

If I may be granted one wish more: Let the same wish also apply to a follow-up studio album.

Then I wonder how the Rolling Stones would have developed as band with such a modified point in the reception history to their output.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 7, 2015 14:57

MartinB

Yes, mainly because of the disgusting Mandy-affair. Even Keith said in 1986 that Bill should be behind bars.

Date: October 7, 2015 15:02

MartinB
HMS

3 things:

I mean i agree with every word he said

Bill was moaning and winging about the Stones years before he left
He is a Scorpio and i bet he caused a lot of bad blood and bad atmosphere in the Stones camp for years leading up to when he left
He new he had had enough and i am sure he would have been pleased if they all split up
I remember him saying in the press in the middle of WW3 that they should find another singer because Jagger would not tour. He said the rest of the Stones don't get writing credits of the Glimmers, like he Charlie and Ronnie needed touring money
So yeah sure he should of left earlier , he was only interested in buggering off with his birds when they were recording most the time according to Keith in interviews. Watch 25 x 5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-07 15:05 by keefriffhards.

Date: October 7, 2015 15:07

HMS
MartinB

Yes, mainly because of the disgusting Mandy-affair. Even Keith said in 1986 that Bill should be behind bars.

Keith also said "he is a dirty old man" when prompted to talk about what he felt about Bill

Date: October 7, 2015 15:20

As a matter of fact, there is one point about the band that I could have wished was otherwise: It is that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards during the years would have shown more generosity as to sharing composer credits to songs and music that others contributed vitally to.

Date: October 7, 2015 15:23

Witness
As a matter of fact, there is one point about the band that I could have wished was otherwise: It is that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards during the years would have shown more generosity as to sharing composer credits to songs and music that others contributed vitally to.

Well think about it, on all three Keith solo albums he has generously shared all the song writing credits with Steve Jordan, and rightfully so, so i would not blame Keith about that one !!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 7, 2015 15:27

Lower ticket prices

More shows in Birmingham or the west midlands at least.

Taylor stopping on.

Date: October 7, 2015 15:37

God yeah i forgot that one. Just imagine what may have continued musically had Mick Taylor stayed. To my mind they never recovered. I don't rate Black and Blue and Some girls as highly as you guys. So they should of kissed his feet and gave him song credits, anything they could to keep him. But they were to stoned to see it.

Date: October 7, 2015 15:41

keefriffhards
Witness

Well think about it, on all three Keith solo albums he has generously shared all the song writing credits with Steve Jordan, and rightfully so, so i would not blame Keith about that one !!

Some other poster may refer to Mick Jagger's solo material, too.

However, I was thinking about band product.

Date: October 7, 2015 15:52

Witness
keefriffhards
Witness

Me too, i just don't think Keith is mean, i think the money generated from song writing credits comes into play with band product, so i lay the blame with the other Glimmer twin. Taylor deserved song writing credits, it goes beyond any doubt in my mind

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 7, 2015 15:55

1. "Save Me" included on Goats Head Soup
2. Black and Blue was a double album

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 7, 2015 16:01

Making themselves more fan friendly when it comes to meeting them and their interaction with fans on IORR and other sites.
This is just a wish as it is totally understandable as they are music icons, and security etc. is paramount in this world we live in.

Lower ticket prices...............starting with the South America Tour.

Playing more shows in London and Spain, cos I spend a lot of time in these places and that's a good enough reason for me. winking smiley

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 7, 2015 16:04

Black and Blue was a double album

Yep, BAB or Some Girls was a double album.
thumbs up

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 7, 2015 16:17

keefriffhards
Witness
keefriffhards
Witness

Me too, i just don't think Keith is mean, i think the money generated from song writing credits comes into play with band product, so i lay the blame with the other Glimmer twin. Taylor deserved song writing credits, it goes beyond any doubt in my mind
Mick and Keith are both capable of being extremely mean, cold-hearted bastards.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: October 7, 2015 17:04

1) There was no ticketmaster to sell Stones tickets.

2)i would change the first post about touring behind undercover and DW. It probably saved them a lot of embarrasment.

3)They never recordered undercover and Dirty Work

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 7, 2015 17:16

1) All the best material from Keith's solo albums and Mick jagger's "Wandering Spirit" be included in Stones' records

2) Streets of Love" never be recorded

3) Bill Wyman not leave the band

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-07 17:16 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 7, 2015 17:35

keefriffhards
Well think about it, on all three Keith solo albums he has generously shared all the song writing credits with Steve Jordan

On CrossEyed Heart there are three numbers credited solely to Keith.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 7, 2015 17:45

Wild Slivovitz
2) Streets of Love" never be recorded
Really?

You get THREE wishes for ANYTHING to do with the Stones, and you waste one on erasing a single song?

That's like asking for a ham and swiss sandwich from a Genie.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 7, 2015 17:52

They broke up sooner in the 80's

More albums in the 2000's

No cherry picker

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 7, 2015 17:55

There was no Pop era 66-67.

MT never quitted the band.

BW never quitted the band.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 7, 2015 17:56

Don
Was
Don Was

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2010
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home