Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Playing the Ukelele
Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: October 6, 2015 07:04

After nearly five decades of wishing I could play an instrument, I have been playing ukelele for the last 10 days. It is so satisfying to strum chords and actually make music. I attempted guitar maybe 25 years ago and gave up way too quickly.

My early Stones efforts have been "Blue Turns to Grey" and "Through the Lonely Nights."

Anybody else out there play the uke? Anybody found it to be the gateway to the guitar you always wished you could play?

TeaAtThree

Re: OT: Playing the Ukelele
Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: October 6, 2015 07:07

Sorry to hear that

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 6, 2015 07:09

Is that the way Tiny Tim started?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 6, 2015 07:36

Every once in a long while, I'll try to play the ukelele. I know about two songs.

I always have to relearn the instrument. I always have to envision the chords as bottom four string guitar chords in the reverse order.

Date: October 6, 2015 08:42

It's great fun indeed. Got four of them in the house. Both of my daughters play them as well.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: October 6, 2015 08:43

Good thing about the ukelele is that you can play it just by yourself and not need a band. If you play acoustic or a mandolin, you tend to want to play with others. But with a uke you can amuse youself for hours. I always thought that's why George Harrison was so fond of it: Now I don't have to deal with a band or Paul McCartney.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 6, 2015 09:11

I have been playing ukelele for the last 10 Years...most often at friends and own familys birthdays...Much appreciated feature with this nice Little instrument...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 6, 2015 21:20

Funny to read this...I got one for my birthday when I was a 10 or so...never managed to play that thing....pity we didn't had you tube in '64 so I could learn it...............

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 6, 2015 22:38

Are we using european or american tuning? European here smiling smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 6, 2015 22:41

Don't know which...probably European...tongue sticking out smiley

2 1 2 0

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home