Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Track Talk: Too Much Blood
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 3, 2022 22:59

buffalo7478
Production sounds dated but I have always liked the track. It works. The album was an improvement over Emotional Rescue, had some interesting grooves and subject matter. Production sounds dated, as it does on a lot of albums of the era. Looking back, the wheels on the bus were getting wobbly, but the bus was still running. The bus fell apart on Dirty Work
Im not sure what production sounds dated means.Satisfaction andJumping Jack Flash also sounds dated, from the 1960s.Miss You sounds dated from the summer of disco and Saturday Night Fever .But they are all classics

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 4, 2022 07:50

matxil
Great song. Great groove, good melody, funny, Stones but different.
One of the last times they did something new/original that still sounded great.

Undercover would have been a fantastic (but short) album, one of their best, if they'd left out Wanna Hold You, All The Way Down, Too Tight and Must Be Hell.
Maybe they should have waited a few more years, add in One Hit, Harlem Shuffle and Sleep Tonight and instead of one okay and one bad album they would have had one fantastic album.

All The Way Down is fantastic. The rest of them... yeah.

Too Tight is a BLACK AND BLUE leftover. Weird. They had plenty of other tunes.

Date: December 4, 2022 07:54

buffalo7478
Production sounds dated but I have always liked the track. It works. The album was an improvement over Emotional Rescue, had some interesting grooves and subject matter. Production sounds dated, as it does on a lot of albums of the era. Looking back, the wheels on the bus were getting wobbly, but the bus was still running. The bus fell apart on Dirty Work

Saying something sounds dated these days has no relevance.

Does Prince's 1999 sound dated?

At least the drum sound on UNDERCOVER is heavy enough, it doesn't have that filtered noise gate boooosh that DIRTY WORK has.

U was the last credible ie artistic album The Rolling Stones, proper (enough), ever did.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: December 4, 2022 12:04

matxil
Great song. Great groove, good melody, funny, Stones but different.
One of the last times they did something new/original that still sounded great.

Undercover would have been a fantastic (but short) album, one of their best, if they'd left out Wanna Hold You, All The Way Down, Too Tight and Must Be Hell.
Maybe they should have waited a few more years, add in One Hit, Harlem Shuffle and Sleep Tonight and instead of one okay and one bad album they would have had one fantastic album.

Ahem, I meant Too Tough of course...

Date: December 4, 2022 14:00

I love all of the tracks on side B.

It Must Be Hell sounds like a mix of HTW and SS, but it's very well recorded and performed.

PBU is fantastic.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 4, 2022 15:43

Damn, didn't know anything about what happened to that Issei Sagawa since those bloody days. A free man and some sort of cult legend, media celeb, a food critic (?!eye popping smiley) etc. in Japan. Sick.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-04 15:48 by Doxa.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 4, 2022 15:56

GasLightStreet

What B&B track is Too Tight based on?

I love the last three tracks of Undercover -it is one great flow of energetic RnR tracks, with great lyrics and singing by Jagger.

Really the only track I could have done without on that album is Wanna Hold You. That really is a throwaway.

Mathijs

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 4, 2022 16:21

Whale

Jagger could have added a verse on rich kids getting away with everythingsmiling smiley

That sounds more like a topic Dylan might write about. Mick's more into shocking value of the graphic acts themselves... (better material also to make a catchy MTV video scene).

But I guess the cannibal was still in mental hospital when Mick wrote those lyrics. And ironically, in a song supposedly criticising the violence in media, added to criminal's fame, and of its fruits he would soon enjoy as a free man...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-04 16:21 by Doxa.

Date: December 4, 2022 16:58

Mathijs
GasLightStreet

I love the last three tracks of Undercover -it is one great flow of energetic RnR tracks, with great lyrics and singing by Jagger.

Really the only track I could have done without on that album is Wanna Hold You. That really is a throwaway.

Mathijs

Cellophane Trousers. Sounds like they kept some of the backing tracks for the finished version on Undercover as well.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 4, 2022 17:00

Mathijs
Mathijs

"Cellophane Trousers" is very much "Too Tough." In the same way "I'm Going Down" (on Metamorphosis) and "Soul Survivor" are "Rock and a Hard Place." They reuse ideas. The bridge to "Too Tough" is also the bridge in "Fight." The solo in "Hand of Fate" is also in "Worried About You." There's a distinct similarity between Taylor's "Broken Hands" and "Hand of Fate" as well. "The longer outtake of "Slave" has "Will But You Won't" in it. Just part of the creative process, particularly as artists age.

Date: December 4, 2022 17:25

The bridge in Fight is like the riff in Too Tough, isn’t it?

Date: December 4, 2022 22:19

DandelionPowderman

It Must Be Hell sounds like a mix of HTW and SS, but it's very well recorded and performed.

PBU is fantastic.
I think they are weak, and PBU is crap.The songs on Bridges and some on Lounge are better than side 2 of undercover. As Robert Cristgau said about Undercover, what do people see in this murky shit? Although I think She was Hotis a classic song, and the rest of side one is good.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-04 22:27 by Taylor1.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 4, 2022 22:43

Taylor1
DandelionPowderman

PBU is fantastic.
I think they are weak, and PBU is crap.The songs on Bridges and some on Lounge are better than side 2 of undercover. As Robert Cristgau said about Undercover, what do people see in this murky shit? Although I think She was Hotis a classic song, and the rest of side one is good.

Wow...you have waxy ear buildup. A few drops of mineral oil on each side and let it drain.

id'll clean it right up!

Date: December 4, 2022 22:54

treaclefingers
Taylor1
DandelionPowderman

PBU is fantastic.

Wow...you have waxy ear buildup. A few drops of mineral oil on each side and let it drain.

id'll clean it right up!
If I do that, I will hear even better that Side2 is weak

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: December 5, 2022 00:22

Taylor1
If I do that, I will hear even better that Side2 is weak

I like side2 better, good sounding murkyness.

Date: December 5, 2022 06:02

DandelionPowderman

PBU is fantastic.

I love Mick's snarl of a vocal on It Must Be Hell. Yeah it's Honky Tonk Women and Soul Survivor regurgitated, musically, but they've done, not as blatantly, quite a few of their own rip offs.

Great vocals overall on IMBH, just like with the entire album.

Date: December 5, 2022 06:10

Cellophane Trousers, spring of 1975 in West Germany.

Date: December 5, 2022 10:31

Some Love Is Strong in there as well smiling smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 5, 2022 15:01

Rocky Dijon
Mathijs
Mathijs

"Cellophane Trousers" is very much "Too Tough." In the same way "I'm Going Down" (on Metamorphosis) and "Soul Survivor" are "Rock and a Hard Place." They reuse ideas. The bridge to "Too Tough" is also the bridge in "Fight." The solo in "Hand of Fate" is also in "Worried About You." There's a distinct similarity between Taylor's "Broken Hands" and "Hand of Fate" as well. "The longer outtake of "Slave" has "Will But You Won't" in it. Just part of the creative process, particularly as artists age.

Ah yes of course, for some reason I read Too Tight.

Mathijs

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 5, 2022 15:41

"It's all the same song!!!" said Neil Young during a concert in the 70's...

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: December 5, 2022 15:44

Almost every > 1973 RS album has a couple of songs I always skip when I listen to it on CD or Spotify. Too Much Blood is one of those songs on the Undercover album. Along with 'Tie you up (The pain of love)' and 'Feel on baby'.

Too Much Blood would probably make it to my Top 25 of 'worst Rolling Stones songs'. Somewhere between Gomper, Winning Ugly and Everything is turning to Gold..

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 5, 2022 15:51

ribbelchips
Almost every > 1973 RS album has a couple of songs I always skip when I listen to it on CD or Spotify. Too Much Blood is one of those songs on the Undercover album. Along with 'Tie you up (The pain of love)' and 'Feel on baby'.

Too Much Blood would probably make it to my Top 25 of 'worst Rolling Stones songs'. Somewhere between Gomper, Winning Ugly and Everything is turning to Gold..

Funny...I love Everything is turning to gold.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 5, 2022 20:11

Doxa
Damn, didn't know anything about what happened to that Issei Sagawa since those bloody days. A free man and some sort of cult legend, media celeb, a food critic (?!eye popping smiley) etc. in Japan. Sick.

- Doxa

RIP to a true legend

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 5, 2022 21:38

ribbelchips

Too Much Blood would probably make it to my Top 25 of 'worst Rolling Stones songs'

Listen to the "Art Collins" bootleg version where Jagger ad-libs/raps on the music for several minutes. You'll be impressed.

Date: December 5, 2022 22:01

She Was Hot is one of the great Stones songs.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 5, 2022 22:06

treaclefingers
ribbelchips

Agreed. I also love "Tie You Up" and "Feel On, Baby."

Date: December 5, 2022 22:19

Rocky Dijon
treaclefingers
ribbelchips

Agreed. I also love "Tie You Up" and "Feel On, Baby."
On With the Show is crap

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 5, 2022 22:36

On With The Show ....

weird scences inside a 30's girly club .... underrated

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: December 5, 2022 23:21

If only the new record would be about as good as Undercover I'd be happy enough with it.

Date: December 6, 2022 00:18

Rockman
On With The Show ....

weird scences inside a 30's girly club .... underrated
What? The vocals and lyrics are horrible.Only thing okay is Brian

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home