Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Track Talk: Too Much Blood
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 6, 2022 01:18

Oh if by chance you find that you can’t make it anymore
We’ll put you in a cab and get you safely to the door…

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 6, 2022 02:32

Dan
Doxa
Damn, didn't know anything about what happened to that Issei Sagawa since those bloody days. A free man and some sort of cult legend, media celeb, a food critic (?!eye popping smiley) etc. in Japan. Sick.

- Doxa

RIP to a true legend

Is that sarcasm or is is that Sagawa dude actually your hero?

- Doxa

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 6, 2022 04:43

ribbelchips
Almost every > 1973 RS album has a couple of songs I always skip when I listen to it on CD or Spotify. Too Much Blood is one of those songs on the Undercover album. Along with 'Tie you up (The pain of love)' and 'Feel on baby'.

Too Much Blood would probably make it to my Top 25 of 'worst Rolling Stones songs'. Somewhere between Gomper, Winning Ugly and Everything is turning to Gold..

It's interesting how people don't like things.

Critically is one thing, and some people ride that wave, the ones that are rock fans and have only BACK IN BLACK in their library.

But to essentially outright dismiss artistic expression and creativity/inventiveness because it's "different" from the norm or what one expects is a whole other level.

Curious what your take on DIRTY WORK is.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 6, 2022 08:29

Doxa
Dan
Doxa
Damn, didn't know anything about what happened to that Issei Sagawa since those bloody days. A free man and some sort of cult legend, media celeb, a food critic (?!eye popping smiley) etc. in Japan. Sick.

- Doxa

RIP to a true legend

- Doxa

Just acknowledging his status as one of the most famous cannibals of our time.

Date: December 6, 2022 12:01

Taylor1
DandelionPowderman
I love all of the tracks on side B.

It Must Be Hell sounds like a mix of HTW and SS, but it's very well recorded and performed.

PBU is fantastic.

I think they are weak, and PBU is crap.The songs on Bridges and some on Lounge are better than side 2 of undercover. As Robert Cristgau said about Undercover, what do people see in this murky shit? Although I think She was Hotis a classic song, and the rest of side one is good.

Music is all about taste, and I respect your opinion.

For me, though, PBU has all the ingredients a funky rockers needs: A fantastic groove, snarling vocals, unreal bass playing from Keith (love that sound!), great guitars, Charlie at his swinging-best and that awesome sax. What's not to like? smiling smiley

It's not Gimmie Shelter, but it swings like hell.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: December 6, 2022 13:19

ribbelchips
Almost every > 1973 RS album has a couple of songs I always skip when I listen to it on CD or Spotify. Too Much Blood is one of those songs on the Undercover album. Along with 'Tie you up (The pain of love)' and 'Feel on baby'.

Too Much Blood would probably make it to my Top 25 of 'worst Rolling Stones songs'. Somewhere between Gomper, Winning Ugly and Everything is turning to Gold..

Interestingly, I think Tie You Up and Feel On Baby are pretty much the best on Undercover. Closely followed by Undercover, Too Much Blood and She Was Hot. Pretty Beat Up is good fun too.
But both with the groove, lyrics and sound of Tie You Up and the gloomy reggae of Feel On Baby the Stones outdid themselves.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: December 6, 2022 16:28

DandelionPowderman
Taylor1
DandelionPowderman

It Must Be Hell sounds like a mix of HTW and SS, but it's very well recorded and performed.

PBU is fantastic.

I think they are weak, and PBU is crap.The songs on Bridges and some on Lounge are better than side 2 of undercover. As Robert Cristgau said about Undercover, what do people see in this murky shit? Although I think She was Hotis a classic song, and the rest of side one is good.

For me, though, PBU has all the ingredients a funky rockers needs: A fantastic groove, snarling vocals, unreal bass playing from Keith (love that sound!), great guitars, Charlie at his swinging-best and that awesome sax. What's not to like? smiling smiley

Indeed! And try out the official solo-live-version of Ronnie Wood. Even better...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 6, 2022 16:34

Dan
Doxa
Dan
Doxa

- Doxa

RIP to a true legend

- Doxa

I see. Like Putin is nowadays establishing his status as a "true legend" in the category of most famous dictators, war criminals, etc. of our time.

- Doxa

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 6, 2022 16:59

Dan
Doxa
Dan
Doxa

- Doxa

RIP to a true legend

- Doxa

A fine young cannibal indeed.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 6, 2022 17:02

deardoctor
DandelionPowderman
Taylor1
DandelionPowderman

PBU is fantastic.

Indeed! And try out the official solo-live-version of Ronnie Wood. Even better...

Yeah I remember PBU on first listen in 1983...skip.

But I love it and it didn't take me long to get there on it. This for me is an example of Stones doing a style that isn't within the 9 dots that they simply excel at. The other even more notable one on that album is Undercover of the Night. Just fantastic.

I wish it had sold better because this was a great direction the band could have explored for a bit.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 7, 2022 01:43

Doxa
Dan
Doxa
Dan
Doxa

- Doxa

RIP to a true legend

- Doxa

I see. Like Putin is nowadays establishing his status as a "true legend" in the category of most famous dictators, war criminals, etc. of our time.

- Doxa

There are probably more of those than there are cannibals.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: December 7, 2022 05:08

Where was Ronnie?

Date: December 7, 2022 10:37

donvis
Where was Ronnie?

On this track? The screeching and feedbacks are him.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 7, 2022 12:36

I think Blood would have been better without those sugar hill horns.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: December 7, 2022 14:14

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 8, 2022 15:02

Taylor1
I think Blood would have been better without those sugar hill horns.

The outtakes prove not.

Mathijs

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: December 8, 2022 15:38

It's a song that I've always liked since its release, it's certainly not a Rolling Stones classic but I like it!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 8, 2022 17:01

The Sugar Hill Horns give it a sound that is closer to early 1970s James Brown. It also stops the song from seeming like they were climbing on the THRILLER bandwagon.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: December 8, 2022 17:13

franzk
thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 8, 2022 17:35

franzk

smileys with beer

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 25, 2023 14:53

Went into a restaurant Sunday night and Too Much Blood was playing.

Makes you wonder a little.

The situation coulda been a verse in the song.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: April 25, 2023 15:53

Hate this track -- always have.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 25, 2023 15:57

It's an OK groove.

I'll listen to these boys playing anything grinning smiley

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: April 26, 2023 00:12

I like TMB since the release of the Undercover album.

Posted by: 3ddie ()
Date: November 3, 2023 02:32

I love TMB, especially the remixes. I've got several remixes, all on boots: The White Master Box, Too Much Blood On The Dancefloor, and The Mixes Album. They all are not longer than 8:49. But on yt there is a 12:47 Dance Version (Remixed & Edited By Arthur Baker & The Latin Rascals) which is neither on the singles 1971 - 2006 box nor on any boot. Anybody got an idea where to get it?

Too Much Blood (Dance Mix)

The Singles Box left out TMB and the Sad Sad Sad 12 Inch. Anybody knows why?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-03 02:46 by 3ddie.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 3, 2023 04:12

Never liked it, never will! And I certainly can't imagine listening to all those mixes of it (even though I did download all, such as Art Collins, etc.). It could have been on Dirty Work.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 3, 2023 06:19

DandelionPowderman
Taylor1
DandelionPowderman

PBU is fantastic.

Pretty Beat Up is classic Mick/Stones sneer. It's a fantastic track.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 3, 2023 06:50

Always liked it. There are no skips on Undercover for me.

I miss Video Rewind! I'm really in the mood to watch that right now.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 3, 2023 07:00

3ddie
I love TMB, especially the remixes. I've got several remixes, all on boots: The White Master Box, Too Much Blood On The Dancefloor, and The Mixes Album. They all are not longer than 8:49. But on yt there is a 12:47 Dance Version (Remixed & Edited By Arthur Baker & The Latin Rascals) which is neither on the singles 1971 - 2006 box nor on any boot. Anybody got an idea where to get it?

Too Much Blood (Dance Mix)

The Singles Box left out TMB and the Sad Sad Sad 12 Inch. Anybody knows why?

I've never heard that one before, if was great! I love me a good remix.

Do you know if there's a dedicated Stones remix thread somewhere?

Posted by: 3ddie ()
Date: November 3, 2023 14:51

Believe it or not - I finally found it as a download in the depth of the web. Vinyl Rips, as it was the US only 12''. It's only mpr 320 cbr, but it sounds great.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1400
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home