Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: Too Much Blood
Posted by: micawber ()
Date: June 8, 2019 15:49

HATE that. No Stones at all, Where's Ronnie? Doubt that Keef's playing on it at all. One of the worst "Stones" songs ever, not sounding like Stones at all.
Boring rubbish, Jaggershit like most of him in the first half of the 80ies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-08 15:49 by micawber.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 8, 2019 16:43

eye rolling smiley

I dig it...
Always have.

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: June 8, 2019 16:54

I liked it when I was a teenager....I thought David Sandborn played the sax on this?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 8, 2019 17:47

This is my least liked song from glorious Undercover. I wouldn´t say it´s total crap... but somehow this is not the STones... It´s a solo song from Mick and should be on She´s The Boss. That´s were it belongs, imo. It has a catchy chorus but listening closely it turns out to be just a stupid song (like most songs from She´s The Boss).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-08 17:48 by HMS.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 9, 2019 16:04

I like how it's different in terms of way off the path of the usual, with a lot going on, with fantastic horns, which is nice.

Back when they were still interested in being inventive.

It's an odd track, certainly, but I've had it in my recent REWIND (Expanded Deluxe Edition) playlist and it fits fantastically.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: June 9, 2019 16:29

GasLightStreet
I like how it's different in terms of way off the path of the usual, with a lot going on, with fantastic horns, which is nice.

Back when they were still interested in being inventive.

It's an odd track, certainly, but I've had it in my recent REWIND (Expanded Deluxe Edition) playlist and it fits fantastically.

It's certainly different - perhaps more Jaggerish than Stonesish but enjoyable to my ears nonetheless. I tend to give it a listen most often around Hallowe'en when I'm more in the mood to listen to spooky/macabre tracks of various artists!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-09 16:33 by sf37.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: June 10, 2019 00:04

Never ever liked this song. Wasn't the Jeffrey Dohmer thnig going on at that time ? I thought it was gross then, and still do

Date: June 10, 2019 16:30

bob r
Never ever liked this song. Wasn't the Jeffrey Dohmer thnig going on at that time ? I thought it was gross then, and still do

Jeffery Dahmer didn't start killing people until 1987 so... no.

Re: Track Talk: Too Much Blood (New)
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 10, 2019 17:50

DandelionPowderman
It's funny, funky and catchy. What's not to like? thumbs up

thumbs up

Re: Track Talk: Too Much Blood (New)
Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 11, 2019 02:49

that one always reminded me of the black knight.

Date: June 11, 2019 04:25

If you listen to this song, as well as UNDERCOVER itself, a majority of it, anyway, it's the last album where Mick was completely engaged in the vocals (there are some similar aspects on EMOTIONAL RESCUE with She's So Cold and maybe Send It To Me). There's a lot of layering. Even with guitars there's a lot going on. It's the proper followup to ER and, soundwise, the end of a brilliant sound arc with the Pathé Marconi (and somewhat Compass Point) recorded SOME GIRLS and EMOTIONAL RESCUE (as well as what would be 5 TATTOO YOU tracks), with ER's last sessions being in September of 1979 to U's November of 1982 starting sessions.

Date: June 11, 2019 10:25

GasLightStreet
If you listen to this song, as well as UNDERCOVER itself, a majority of it, anyway, it's the last album where Mick was completely engaged in the vocals (there are some similar aspects on EMOTIONAL RESCUE with She's So Cold and maybe Send It To Me). There's a lot of layering. Even with guitars there's a lot going on. It's the proper followup to ER and, soundwise, the end of a brilliant sound arc with the Pathé Marconi (and somewhat Compass Point) recorded SOME GIRLS and EMOTIONAL RESCUE (as well as what would be 5 TATTOO YOU tracks), with ER's last sessions being in September of 1979 to U's November of 1982 starting sessions.

You "forgot" one Pathe Marconi-album winking smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 11, 2019 10:56

Love this song. One of their best from the 80s. Probably thanks to the Rewind video. This is full blown early 80s Stones.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 11, 2019 12:06

There is a magic to this track that reveals itself when you put aside musical prejudices, expectations etc etc.

So hooky and ridiculous and dark and fun.

The you up there is evidently me, but give it a try and make it we.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-11 12:20 by His Majesty.

Date: June 11, 2019 19:38

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

You "forgot" one Pathe Marconi-album winking smiley

I didn't.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 12, 2019 14:41

Fantastic track on a fantastic album. Truly the last time the Stones were innovative.

Mathijs

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 478
Record Number of Users: 184 on May 17, 2018 22:46
Record Number of Guests: 3948 on December 7, 2015 15:07

Previous page Next page First page IORR home