Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: 'One More Shot' solo version
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 5, 2015 00:55

Well 'yelling' was just a term used open to interpretation I suppose.
As for Mick's 'singing', yes better live now, but hard to really to judge studio-wise as not much has been recorded/released in over 10 years.
From what we have heard in the few various releases, it tends to be bit of whiney and nasally, and perhaps a bit exaggerated, or 'over-acting' if you will.
Just my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-05 00:57 by Hairball.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 5, 2015 02:56

Hairball
Just a guess, but given the production values of Crosseyed Heart and those involved, I'd think that the unreleased version of One More Shot is vastly superior to the official Stones version.
I can imagine it would be more stripped down, looser musically, maybe a different tempo, and for sure less yelling. Hope to hear it someday, but perhaps never will.

thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 5, 2015 05:12

KRiffhard
Hairball
Just a guess, but given the production values of Crosseyed Heart and those involved, I'd think that the unreleased version of One More Shot is vastly superior to the official Stones version.
I can imagine it would be more stripped down, looser musically, maybe a different tempo, and for sure less yelling. Hope to hear it someday, but perhaps never will.

thumbs up

All we really know about the unreleased version is a quote from Steve Jordan saying it was recorded and he likes it better than the Stones version.
With that said, it could be totally different from the Stones version. Maybe a slow tempo county version?
Or a smokin' soul version? Or possible a bluesy acoustic version with just Keith on vocals?
Or maybe it is similar to the Stones version...who really knows?

I can envision what Mick might have said when he first heard the demo from Keith:
"Awlright Keef, lets rock it up a bit -give us some more of that old Stonesy Keef riffage. And we'll make it louder, LOUDER, and LOUDER. LETS ROCK"!!!

Date: October 5, 2015 09:31

Hairball
KRiffhard
Hairball

thumbs up

All we really know about the unreleased version is a quote from Steve Jordan saying it was recorded and he likes it better than the Stones version.
With that said, it could be totally different from the Stones version. Maybe a slow tempo county version?
Or a smokin' soul version? Or possible a bluesy acoustic version with just Keith on vocals?

I can envision what Mick might have said when he first heard the demo from Keith:
"Awlright Keef, lets rock it up a bit -give us some more of that old Stonesy Keef riffage. And we'll make it louder, LOUDER, and LOUDER. LETS ROCK"!!!

...and then he added his usless: "na-na-na-na-na"

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 5, 2015 10:42

keefriffhards

Agreed, i got the impression Mick did his best to make it look awkward when singing it live

LOl he so wanted D & G to be better because he wrote it

Pathetic

Yeah, Mick's a professional that would WANT to make HIS band look amateurish on stage by deliberately 'sabotaging' a song....pathetic

Rod

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 11, 2015 18:46

KRiffhard
Hairball
KRiffhard
Hairball

thumbs up

Nananananana Right, @#$%& useless. Thanks Mick.
smileys with beer
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-11 18:47 by corriecas.

Date: October 11, 2015 19:26

Keith brought in (a song) called One More Shot. It’s really cool, great guitar riff.
- Chuck Leavell, September 2012

We want the real Keef/Jordan version...without 'na na na na'!!!

Date: October 11, 2015 19:36

smileys with beerdrinking smiley
KRiffhard
Keith brought in (a song) called One More Shot. It’s really cool, great guitar riff.
- Chuck Leavell, September 2012

We want the real Keef/Jordan version...without 'na na na na'!!!
Jeroen

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 11, 2015 19:59

KRiffhard

...maybe in order to replace Keith´s usual "Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby".

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 12, 2015 07:31

How do we know
a) that it was Mick who had the pick of Keith's songs and chose OMS - maybe it was Keith who chose the one he could most easily spare?
b) that the hated na-na-na's are Mick's contribution?

There's a mythology growing about this track - we do need to hear it in order to confirm or refute the idea that it was some magnificent Keith masterpiece maliciously butchered by Mick - which I don't believe. I like OMS but it feels unfinished - probably in typical fashion D&G came to the studio in finished form whereas OMS needed more work that there wasn't time to do. Anyway, at least we got to hear that opening riff ringing across the stage a couple of times.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 12, 2015 09:32

But the opening guitar IS from the original Talk is Cheap sessions. They did not re-record that. It's the Boogie MK1 sound, just as Take ti So Hard and How I Wish. They just overdubbed over the original solo track.

Mathijs

Date: October 12, 2015 10:25

Mathijs
But the opening guitar IS from the original Talk is Cheap sessions. They did not re-record that. It's the Boogie MK1 sound, just as Take ti So Hard and How I Wish. They just overdubbed over the original solo track.

Mathijs

How do we know Pierre didn't dig the Mark back for the CH sessions, like he did with some guitars?

And doesn't the OMS guitar sound somewhat colder and trebly than the Take It So Hard and How I Wish recordings?

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: October 12, 2015 10:43

Is not there a resemblance with the new song Trouble that includes also a sort of na-na-na-na. Then it could be Keith's own invenstion, also on One more shot.

Alex.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 12, 2015 11:20

KRiffhard
Hairball

>grinning smiley<

Date: October 12, 2015 11:21

HMS
KRiffhard

...maybe in order to replace Keith´s usual "Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby".

...Where is the Love, people?! smoking smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 12, 2015 11:33

Right here! [waving enthusiastically]
I vote the IORR Musicians Project should record OMS the way they imagine Keith's version sounds

Date: October 12, 2015 11:35

...Love you too, With sssoul. smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 12, 2015 11:41

I vote the IORR Musicians Project should record OMS

YEAH!! .. and bring PaulyWauly in ta do the vocals ....hhhaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: October 12, 2015 11:43

thumbs up

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: October 12, 2015 13:44

alexander paul
Is not there a resemblance with the new song Trouble that includes also a sort of na-na-na-na. Then it could be Keith's own invenstion, also on One more shot.

Alex.

That was the first thing I thought when I heard Trouble. These songs are cousins,
at least to my ears.
I prefer the guitar sound on One more shot (according to Mathijs from the Talk is Cheap sessions) though.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: October 12, 2015 13:56

alexander paul

Alex.

eye popping smileyeye popping smiley

...a sort of 'na na na' on Trouble?!!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 12, 2015 14:14

DandelionPowderman
Mathijs

Mathijs

How do we know Pierre didn't dig the Mark back for the CH sessions, like he did with some guitars?

And doesn't the OMS guitar sound somewhat colder and trebly than the Take It So Hard and How I Wish recordings?

It's not only the sound of the amp, it's also the sound of the studio, mikes and engineer. It clearly is from the 80's. Then, Keith's Boogie was given away in 1993 or so (but they probably have half a dozen other Boogie's lying around though).

Mathijs

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 12, 2015 14:20

marcovandereijk
alexander paul

Alex.

That was the first thing I thought when I heard Trouble. These songs are cousins,
at least to my ears.
I prefer the guitar sound on One more shot (according to Mathijs from the Talk is Cheap sessions) though.

Cousins, brothers, sisters, Keith's songs are all in the family...>grinning smiley<. I hope One More Shot doesn't get permenantly retired as a live song. They rocked it in the 2012 PPV

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-12 14:22 by Maindefender.

Date: April 15, 2018 09:58

...i'm still waiting!!!smiling smiley

Date: April 15, 2018 10:30

Would Love to hear/have Keefs version.
Jeroen

Date: April 15, 2018 10:39

corriecas
Would Love to hear/have Keefs version.
Jeroen

thumbs up

Posted by: nick ()
Date: April 15, 2018 11:04

Take It So Hard = One More Shot
Just Before = Trouble

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: April 15, 2018 11:38

One more shot is a very boring song,has absolutely nothing

Date: April 15, 2018 11:54

harlem shuffle
One more shot is a very boring song,has absolutely nothing

Due to vocals...especially live version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-15 11:55 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 15, 2018 15:01

This is version is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysj0TZ6sB1s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-15 16:00 by mtaylor.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home