Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
'One More Shot' solo version
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 3, 2015 11:08

The first song they finished, “One More Shot,” isn’t actually on the album. Mr. Richards asked if he could give it to the Stones to record, and Mr. Jordan agreed; it’s on the band’s 2012 greatest-hits compilation “GRRR!”.

“Our version is, to me, much better—but that’s just my opinion,” Mr. Jordan says with a laugh.

[www.wsj.com]

And he (Steve Jordan) verifies that there’s a Keith solo version of “One More Shot.”
“We cut it, and it’s great,” Jordan says. “Again, that sounds weird. What I mean to say is we really had a great time doing it. Keith was looking for a new song to bring in [to the Stones], so he asked me if I minded if he brought it in, and I said, ‘No.’ So he brought it in and they liked it, and they ended up recording it. We gave them our version to listen to. We have a version, it’s done. It has a different flavor, an additional vocal, Meegan [Voss, Jordan’s wife] singing this counterpoint thing. It’s a little different, Keith is playing all of the guitars and the bass. That’s all I can say, I can’t say much more.”
[kearth101.cbslocal.com]

I think that publishing OMS solo version would be a nice gift for all of us! C'mon Keef, we are waiting for it!

Re: 'One More Shot' solo version
Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 3, 2015 14:11

I think that publishing OMS solo version would be a nice gift for all of us! C'mon Keef, we are waiting for it!

thumbs up

Yes, why not? One More Shot is what would be served to Crosseyed Heart. another rock, strong track. As you are, I'm very curious to listen to the song.
Even the version released in 2012 is good, but there are those choirs that I think Keith would never included in his version. In my opinion OMS is better than DAG, but it is another story.

OMS is also the first track that the two completed together, it would be a shame if they'll not release it.
Among other things it could release as a bonus track on Kith' youtube channel or published on the official site as happened in the past.

Some will say that legally the song was already released (as a Richards/Jagger/ Jordan composition) and that will be difficult to have a different version. But why not try?

I agree with what you say. It would be a nice gift for us. The disc is going great so Keith give us this gift.grinning smiley

Go Keith!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-03 14:12 by pepganzo.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 3, 2015 14:25

I dont think that this is ever going to happen, One More Shot belongs exclusively to the Stones now. To make a solo-version available would be the same as the Stones re-recording Just Another Night. Unthinkable.

Date: October 3, 2015 14:28

pepganzo

thumbs up

Yes, why not? One More Shot is what would be served to Crosseyed Heart. another rock, strong track. As you are, I'm very curious to listen to the song.
Even the version released in 2012 is good, but there are those choirs that I think Keith would never included in his version. In my opinion OMS is better than DAG, but it is another story.

OMS is also the first track that the two completed together, it would be a shame if they'll not release it.
Among other things it could release as a bonus track on Kith' youtube channel or published on the official site as happened in the past.

Some will say that legally the song was already released (as a Richards/Jagger/ Jordan composition) and that will be difficult to have a different version. But why not try?

I agree with what you say. It would be a nice gift for us. The disc is going great so Keith give us this gift.grinning smiley

Go Keith!

thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 3, 2015 16:09

Would be highly appreciated,
Thanks Keef

and....

Some solo Gigs to go with it!!

Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-03 18:06 by corriecas.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 3, 2015 16:23

Yeah give me one more shot, its obviously all Keith's got.
Still no tour.
I love the man but boy does Keith come out with some BS

Thanks for the documentary and the album Keith, but please no more BS

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: October 3, 2015 16:39

It would be great as a gift, surely something different from the one published for GRRR

Date: October 3, 2015 16:53

Stone601
It would be great as a gift, surely something different from the one published for GRRR

...for sure. Steve said that 'it has a different flavor'.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 3, 2015 17:11

Pity it wasn't leaked yet.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 3, 2015 18:15

Seems like it was wasted on the Stones as Mick didn't really do it justice and they dropped it from the live set but kept Doom & Gloom. It was so obviously written by/for Keith.

Date: October 3, 2015 18:20

bleedingman
Seems like it was wasted on the Stones as Mick didn't really do it justice and they dropped it from the live set but kept Doom & Gloom. It was so obviously written by/for Keith.
thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 3, 2015 20:02

HMS
I dont think that this is ever going to happen, One More Shot belongs exclusively to the Stones now. To make a solo-version available would be the same as the Stones re-recording Just Another Night. Unthinkable.

A more accurate one would be the Stones releasing Lonely At The Top...

Date: October 3, 2015 20:04

KRiffhard
bleedingman
thumbs up

Agreed, i got the impression Mick did his best to make it look awkward when singing it live

LOl he so wanted D & G to be better because he wrote it

Pathetic

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 3, 2015 20:22

Definitely would be great to hear this one mostly to see just how the Stones changed it when they recorded it....but I doubt we will ever see it officially released because if it is better than the Stone's version, it would not look good for Mick. Obviously the changes made were mostly his doing since Keith had already done his thing on the original.

I also think the rather cliche Stones I-IV riff on the tune wouldn't compliment Keith's record that much, one of the impressive things about the record is that he stayed away from the cliched Stones riffs! Keith doesn't need to give us any more gifts with his record, it already got plenty of songs!

Best to keep this one buried for a lot of reasons, imo.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: October 3, 2015 23:35

...the Mick's version is excellent...wait and see..!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 4, 2015 00:05

Think this would be interesting to a lot of us, but at the same time dispell a little of The Stones magic. It's a difficult situation for sure.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 4, 2015 12:01

In my opinion it is the best live version of One More Shot.
One More Shot (Live @ Prudential Center, Newark, NJ 2012 12 15)

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 4, 2015 13:11

This song is not for Mick...live version is even worse.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: October 4, 2015 15:57

I would love to hear Keefs version....

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 4, 2015 16:09

detroitken

so do i.
jeroen

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 4, 2015 16:42

keefriffhards
KRiffhard
bleedingman
thumbs up

Agreed, i got the impression Mick did his best to make it look awkward when singing it live

LOl he so wanted D & G to be better because he wrote it

Pathetic

...pathetic = the conspiracy theories.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 4, 2015 19:06

corriecas
detroitken

so do i.
jeroen

Same here.
Micks vocal delivery (studio and live) kind of sours things up.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 4, 2015 22:41

I consider myself a Keith fan but I don't understand the fascination here.

I think it's obvious after listening to Crosseyed Heart that "one more shot" is one of the weakest songs that was written for that album. At the time it came out, it felt like a very weak song, no better than Doom and Gloom.

To me the mystery is not why Keith doesn't release it, it's why the Stones picked this one to record.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-05 00:09 by Turner68.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 5, 2015 00:04

Let's face it, Jordan loves it because his wife sings on it. Or says he loves it because he doesn't want to sleep on the couch. I'll take the Stones' version.

Date: October 5, 2015 00:25

Turner68
I consider myself a Keith fan but I don't understand the fascination here.

I think it's obvious after listening to Crosseyed Heart that "one more shot" is one of the weakest songs that was written for that album. At the time it came out, it felt like a very weak song, no better than Doom and Gloom.

To me the mystery is not why Keith doesn't release it, it's why the Stones picked this one to record.

Because Mick wanted Doom and Gloom to be his superior track over Keith's, so Mick pics a lesser track from Keith. Simples innit

Date: October 5, 2015 00:32

i prefer to believe that mick wants what is best for the band. i'm guessing that all keith's songs were written for his solo album, and so they were all written for him to sing, and when "grrr" came along, "one more shot" was the song that mick felt most suited his voice.

hard to imagine mick singing "trouble" or "heartstopper"

Date: October 5, 2015 00:35

Trouble was written (called Just Because) for the album that never was in 2001.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 5, 2015 00:46

Just a guess, but given the production values of Crosseyed Heart and those involved, I'd think that the unreleased version of One More Shot is vastly superior to the official Stones version.
I can imagine it would be more stripped down, looser musically, maybe a different tempo, and for sure less yelling. Hope to hear it someday, but perhaps never will.

Date: October 5, 2015 00:48

"less yelling" lol. mick mostly sings these days, to his credit. when i think of him yelling i think of the 70s. but i suppose it's all relative.

of course there's some keith yelling on substantial damage :-)

Date: October 5, 2015 00:49

Turner68
i prefer to believe that mick wants what is best for the band. i'm guessing that all keith's songs were written for his solo album, and so they were all written for him to sing, and when "grrr" came along, "one more shot" was the song that mick felt most suited his voice.

hard to imagine mick singing "trouble" or "heartstopper"

Your a somewhat less cynical fan then me turner lol

Don't ever change

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1864
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home