Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Jack White as Stones Producer
Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 12, 2015 23:57

harlem shuffle
Hairball everything you come up with is total bullshit.
Who do you think you are?Keith,s loverboy?
Someone could start with: I respectfully disagree....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 13, 2015 03:14

MonkeyMan2000
harlem shuffle
Hairball everything you come up with is total bullshit.
Who do you think you are?Keith,s loverboy?
Someone could start with: I respectfully disagree....

Haha, oh geez harlem...eye rolling smiley

Sounds like you have difficulty with differing opinions from your own - resorting to insults and personal attacks now?
I feel sorry for you.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 16, 2015 17:38

I am not a production-expert. Could anyone explain what, say, Don Was does that is inappropriate and not suited to the Rolling Stones? Don't get me wrong, I can hear when an album doesn't sound right production-wise; I'm just not sure exactly what it is they are doing incorrectly. Can someone more enlightened kindly give some insight?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 5, 2015 16:19

Time has come...Jack White new producer!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 5, 2015 18:02

Have you had a call from him?!?cool smileywinking smileythumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: November 5, 2015 18:55

Surely one of the reasons Don Was kept the producer's seat for so long was that he managed to work well with Mick AND Keith - in so much as they felt comfortable with him - and he probably never said anything like Rik Rubin would say. ie 'These songs aren't good enough - you're the Rolling F'ing Stones for Christ sake - step it up a notch' (Much like Nigel Godrich, Radiohead's producer did with Paul McCartney on the excellent Chaos and Creation album).

Even if Keith and particularly Mick bought into the idea of a producer who'd push them a little - I could see Jack White being out of his depth. It would take some serious balls to eyeball either of those two and tell them they needed to try harder. And let's face it - they needed someone to tell them just that during A Bigger Bang.

Still, from purely an approach to sound production I think Jack White would be great for the Stones.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 5, 2015 19:07

+ 1 thumbs upthumbs up

Go Jack, Go!!!

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: November 5, 2015 19:23

Why not Jack Frost( Bob Dylan) to produce, He's Loves The Stones as a little Funk Band, I believe he would have the balls to match up with the Glimmers, he produces all his stuff and not doing to bad himself lately, just a thought...

Date: November 5, 2015 19:48

Roll73
Surely one of the reasons Don Was kept the producer's seat for so long was that he managed to work well with Mick AND Keith - in so much as they felt comfortable with him - and he probably never said anything like Rik Rubin would say. ie 'These songs aren't good enough - you're the Rolling F'ing Stones for Christ sake - step it up a notch' (Much like Nigel Godrich, Radiohead's producer did with Paul McCartney on the excellent Chaos and Creation album).

Even if Keith and particularly Mick bought into the idea of a producer who'd push them a little - I could see Jack White being out of his depth. It would take some serious balls to eyeball either of those two and tell them they needed to try harder. And let's face it - they needed someone to tell them just that during A Bigger Bang.

Still, from purely an approach to sound production I think Jack White would be great for the Stones.
thumbs up

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: November 5, 2015 20:47

You can have the greatest producer in the world behind the console but if the songs aren't there, there's nothing a producer can do to make an album great. Do The Stones have what it takes to bring great songs to the table again? That's what I want to know.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 5, 2015 21:16

I always thought a good producer can make a shitty song into a master piece..................

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 5, 2015 21:34

NICOS
I always thought a good producer can make a shitty song into a master piece.

Yeah that's what producers would like YOU to believe... >grinning smiley<

Did Jimmy Miller ever produced sth as great as SF or LIB? No...
Producers put the nice silver candlestick on the table but it's the cook/the artist that make that unforgettable dinner/album for you.

Date: November 5, 2015 21:35

NICOS
I always thought a good producer can make a shitty song into a master piece..................

A good Stones producer cannot accept horrible songs like 'Suck on the jugular', 'Keys to your love', 'Sweet Neo Con', 'Look what the cat...' and all useless Mick's solo stuff ala 'Goddess/Alfie/Superheavy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-05 21:37 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 5, 2015 22:17

I don't think the Rolling Stones ever went into a recording studio thinking they wanted to record the greatest album ever like Bruce Springsteen did when he recorded "Born to Run". It isn't the way they approach the job, and it is fine; they are not romantic like Bruce is or was. With Jack I feel he could stimulate them, encourage them and bring a lot of energy in the studio compare to Don Was who is more cool and relax it seems. We want the Stones to rock and roll, don't we fellows!!
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: November 5, 2015 22:53

Doesn't matter who they get as producer if they continue to write sub-par songs and approach making a new album as a lazy chore. Sorry to be negative but the Stones days as a creative songwriting and recording unit are long ago and far away.

Date: November 16, 2015 11:35

Date: November 27, 2015 16:38

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 27, 2015 17:20

i wish this thread would go away

Date: November 27, 2015 17:31

More Hot Rocks

Do you prefer Don Was?!

Date: November 27, 2015 19:11

KRiffhard
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

C'mon KRiffhard - this is OLD news.
The forum thread you link to is from early October, and is nearly the same as this one.
Six pages of the same "Yes it would be great", and "No he really sucks". eye rolling smiley
Ain't gonna happen imo.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 27, 2015 19:28

KRiffhard
More Hot Rocks

Do you prefer Don Was?!

jack white production is sub par. Nothing special at all. I asked earlier one good thing that he has done as far as production and people can't give me an answer to why. His song writing is childish and his vocals are girly sounding. yeah crappy producer.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: November 27, 2015 19:29

More Hot Rocks
KRiffhard
More Hot Rocks

Do you prefer Don Was?!

jack white production is sub par. Nothing special at all. I asked earlier one good thing that he has done as far as production and people can't give me an answer to why. His song writing is childish and his vocals are girly sounding. yeah crappy producer.

Good points. I agree.

Date: November 27, 2015 19:37

RockinJive
More Hot Rocks
KRiffhard
More Hot Rocks

Do you prefer Don Was?!

Good points. I agree.

Yes completely agree.
I liked a few early White Stripes tunes for what they were, but they don't have very much in common with anything Stones related imo.

"His song writing is childish and his vocals are girly sounding".

Hahahaha grinning smiley

Date: November 27, 2015 19:49

Hairball
RockinJive
More Hot Rocks
KRiffhard
More Hot Rocks

Do you prefer Don Was?!

Good points. I agree.

Yes completely agree.
I liked a few early White Stripes tunes for what they were, but they don't have very much in common with anything Stones related imo.

Hahahaha grinning smiley

So you don't like JW. What about Don 'Muffled Sound' Was?

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 27, 2015 20:01

Does jack White actually know how play guitar? I watched It Might Get Loud and laughed my butt off ever time he played. I can't see him telling Keith what to do. In Shine A Light it looked like he was ready to pass out. He reminds me of a chihuahua.

Date: November 27, 2015 20:03

KRiffhard
Hairball
RockinJive
More Hot Rocks
KRiffhard
More Hot Rocks

Do you prefer Don Was?!

Good points. I agree.

Yes completely agree.

Hahahaha grinning smiley

So you don't like JW. What about Don 'Muffled Sound' Was?

Of course not.
He has done nothing memorable for the Stones, but that doesn't mean a lesser 'evil' would be a better choice.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 27, 2015 20:05

More than ok for me . i'd love that

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 27, 2015 20:15

Hairball
RockinJive
More Hot Rocks
KRiffhard
More Hot Rocks

Do you prefer Don Was?!

Good points. I agree.

Yes completely agree.

Hahahaha grinning smiley

i take it your' not a fan of mid to late 70s stones music? ;-)

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 27, 2015 20:29

Cooltoplady
Does jack White actually know how play guitar? I watched It Might Get Loud and laughed my butt off ever time he played. I can't see him telling Keith what to do. In Shine A Light it looked like he was ready to pass out. He reminds me of a chihuahua.

lol. Sure you weren't confusing him with The Edge? Hard to imagine anyone telling Keith what to do really. Chuck Berry gave it a try. Not that I think that's the role of a producer for such seasoned musicians as the Stones. Probably more of getting out of the way and making sure everything is being captured as best as possible.

I keep thinking of Steve Lillywhite's experience with Keith where Keith blew a fuse and screamed at Steve "Nobody messes with the Stone's sound man!" How are you going to work with an attitude like that?

Who ever they choose, I doubt it will be much different at this point, maybe a slightly different drum sound, hopefully some organic production, but most of all I just hope it's some good songs. If they're going to let the producer help pick those, I imagine Jack White could do as good as anyone.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 27, 2015 21:08

I do not see any producer with a big set telling the Glimmer Twins aka Mick Jagger or Keith Richards what to do much less the Glimmer Twins actually listening or putting up with that at all .Makes me laugh about Jack White who i actually like as a artist but telling the Stones how to make a album is gut splitting funny to me .Do i think the Glimmers have a new album coming out ? no of course not BUT if they wanted to they should ring up Chris Kimsey for his production skills .That is my two cents worth today !!!!!!!

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2177
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home