Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 17
Re: Mick guests with Taylor Swift - Nashville, September 26
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 27, 2015 22:41

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 27, 2015 22:43

stone4ever
DeanGoodman
Mick Jagger can do what he wants. He did more in 5 minutes to try to ensure the Stones' legacy gets passed on to the kids than Keith ever did. And I should add that Taylor Swift's fan base is more than just 12-year-old girls.

Anyway, the hardcore Aerosmith fans have it harder: her previous guest, Steven Tyler, turned the kids on to Aerosmith. Unfortunately it was with their worst song.

Why do the Stones need or want 15 year old fans

Other way around. The youngsters need the Stones. Many didn't know that until last night.

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: September 27, 2015 22:44

1.5millon likes on her instigram pic of them 1.5m tweens now no who he is ,and discover this new band the rolling stones great pa for 5min work.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 27, 2015 22:47

DeanGoodman
stone4ever
DeanGoodman
Mick Jagger can do what he wants. He did more in 5 minutes to try to ensure the Stones' legacy gets passed on to the kids than Keith ever did. And I should add that Taylor Swift's fan base is more than just 12-year-old girls.

Anyway, the hardcore Aerosmith fans have it harder: her previous guest, Steven Tyler, turned the kids on to Aerosmith. Unfortunately it was with their worst song.

Other way around. The youngsters need the Stones. Many didn't know that until last night.

you're must be joking. there are many more people in their 30s and 40s excited about taylor swift's tour than the stones.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 27, 2015 22:53

AWESOME Mick !! 72 my friends
great Taylor guitar player

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 27, 2015 22:55

stone4ever
DeanGoodman

I became a Stones fan when I was 15 years old. Does that mean that I spent the last 25 years worshipping a band that doesn't need me? What would I do now? sad smiley

Date: September 27, 2015 22:58

Cristiano Radtke
stone4ever
DeanGoodman

I became a Stones fan when I was 15 years old. Does that mean that I spent the last 25 years worshipping a band that doesn't need me? What would I do now? sad smiley

well said! and same for me.
i think it's great Mick did it.

mick doing stuff like this is one reason why the stones are such a big band, and also a reason why i am a keith fan. he and keith know their individual jobs well, as someone said previously :-)

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: September 27, 2015 23:13

Had Mick declined an invitation from a tall, leggy 25-year-old blonde- let alone one who looks like The Amazing Swifty- then I have to say I would've been a little disappointed.

It would have been as though I don't know the man at all and everything I believe in is a lie.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 27, 2015 23:49

Gorgeous pictures! Thanks bye bye johnny!
Mick is hot freakin' stuff. Hot stuff!
Watched video again this a.m. left w/ impression Ms. Swift is smart- (or she panicked) but let Mick take it over, he owned it, seems he had to prompt her.
Moves like Mick Jagger indeed- some of his best moves in the clip.
I would have hung out for the ride too if I were her- God, along side him, next to him the whole way while he does Satisfaction?! She hit the top.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 27, 2015 23:56

Mick is the greatest front man in the world but why perform with her? If he wants to remain relevant why doesn't he lock himself in a room with a turntable and give Keith's album some serious spins. I really love this man but I don't get it. To me it's just like when they performed with Timberlake. Maybe Beiber may have a slot for him on some upcoming show.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 28, 2015 00:02

I loved the Stones but some of these comments and attitudes leave a very bad taste in the mouth. If you cant see something wrong about a 72 year old guy selling himself short for 13 year old tweets on the social media, then you are as sad as the man himself.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 28, 2015 00:11

stone4ever
I loved the Stones but some of these comments and attitudes leave a very bad taste in the mouth. If you cant see something wrong about a 72 year old guy selling himself short for 13 year old tweets on the social media, then you are as sad as the man himself.

*See, I don't see him selling anything. I see the world's best rock n roll frontman lead singer, working it. He has practiced for over 50 years. He works his as$ off. BTW, I am 48 years old, average age probably of a Stones fan gal. No teeny boppers here on this thread saying how hot he is.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 00:13

I was 16 in 1994. I became a Stones fan because I saw them perform Love is Strong and Start Me up on the MTV VMAs.

I'm sure many of you were complaining about the Stones doing the whole MTV thing 21 years ago, but because of that and the heavy rotation of the Love Is Strong video in the summer of 1994, I became a lifelong fan and, three years later, I saw them front row in Foxboro Stadium and came eye-to-eye with Keith Richards during Jumpin' Jack Flash.

You NEVER know how someone will get turned on to music. Don't dismiss it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-28 00:15 by keefriff99.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: September 28, 2015 00:20

bv
Thanks to Robert Bagel for the report. Lucky you to be there!

I am happy for Mick, to see him ejoying stage life. And to those who are grumpy and can't look at this in a positive way: Take a break. Go see a movie. Don't bother us with your misery here.

Thank you bv, I 100% agree.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: September 28, 2015 00:23

keefriff99
I was 16 in 1994. I became a Stones fan because I saw them perform Love is Strong and Start Me up on the MTV VMAs.

I'm sure many of you were complaining about the Stones doing the whole MTV thing 21 years ago, but because of that and the heavy rotation of the Love Is Strong video in the summer of 1994, I became a lifelong fan and, three years later, I saw them front row in Foxboro Stadium and came eye-to-eye with Keith Richards during Jumpin' Jack Flash.

You NEVER know how someone will get turned on to music. Don't dismiss it.

thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up
I was only 30 in 1994, but a longlife fan since 1978 (age 14). I played my MTV VHS-videotape of Love Is Strong and Start Me Up to dead. It was a great performance!

Edit: And like ROCKMAN said: TOURINGHAIR!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-28 00:28 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 28, 2015 00:37

stone4ever

Here is another way of thinking about it that may make more sense:

- Taylor Swift asked him if he would guest and that they could perform a Stones song as a way too honor him. What's he going to do, say no?

- It's great PR no matter how you slice it. Perhaps some of those kids are downloading Stones albums today because of it. And here we are, not many 13 yr. old among us, talking about Mick Jagger. So it obviously worked on some other levels than 13 yr. old tweets.

- Perhaps he did it for his kids or grandkids, they probably LOVE the fact that grandpa can get on stage and perform with someone like Taylor Swift.

- Maybe Mick actually likes Taylor Swift and did this for the fun and personal enjoyment factor. It doesn't seem that odd considering how Mick has a taste for everything current and has followed modern pop music more than most of us.

just sayin......

Date: September 28, 2015 00:47

I'm really sorry to put a downer on your party, but i just watched it again and it makes me feel sad for Mick. Why the need, its weird to me and i am not an old fart. They sell out everywhere they go, they have more money than they could ever spend. I would love them to end their carriers with integrity, this is just desperate.
The man does not need attention at any cost, seeing him jump about at the end i just cringe. I have not cringed like that since the Lets Work video
I just don't understand it, when i think of Dave Gilmore or Robert Plant, its another world of maturing gracefully compared to this.
I remember Pete Townsend said to the Stones , don't grow old gracefully guys, it wouldn't suit you, now i'm not so sure. Basically i picked up on the Stones when they were anti pop, and it didn't stop me becoming a fan. This fan base age is puzzling. I say this knowing i am not a negative person, far from it, i wish the Stones all the best and hope they go on making live shows for many more years.

Date: September 28, 2015 01:04

Naturalust
stone4ever

- Taylor Swift asked him if he would guest and that they could perform a Stones song as a way too honor him. What's he going to do, say no?

- It's great PR no matter how you slice it. Perhaps some of those kids are downloading Stones albums today because of it. And here we are, not many 13 yr. old among us, talking about Mick Jagger. So it obviously worked on some other levels than 13 yr. old tweets.

- Perhaps he did it for his kids or grandkids, they probably LOVE the fact that grandpa can get on stage and perform with someone like Taylor Swift.

- Maybe Mick actually likes Taylor Swift and did this for the fun and personal enjoyment factor. It doesn't seem that odd considering how Mick has a taste for everything current and has followed modern pop music more than most of us.

just sayin......

Arr yes you have a valid point, but some on here are suggesting this is all part of a well crafted plan by MJ to become more well known to teenagers. That's a strange motivation for a 72 year old who fronts the greatest R & R band in the world. If that is the case, it really is all about the money at this stage, lets get more bums on seats and make them young while at it. Still not right. I would prefer it if MJ got up on stage with Steve Tyler, now that would still create media attention, but would make for a more comfortable spectacle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-28 01:07 by stone4ever.

Date: September 28, 2015 01:13

stone4ever
Naturalust
stone4ever

just sayin......

Arr yes you have a valid point, but some on here are suggesting this is all part of a well crafted plan by MJ to become more well known to teenagers. That's a strange motivation for a 72 year old who fronts the greatest R & R band in the world. If that is the case, it really is all about the money at this stage, lets get more bums on seats and make them young while at it. Still not right. I would prefer it if MJ got up on stage with Steve Tyler, now that would still create media attention, but would make for a more comfortable spectacle

it's not for the money. it's about what wikipedia says about mick jagger and the rolling stones 100 years from now: the legacy. it makes perfect sense to me that he appeared.

Date: September 28, 2015 01:18

Its obvious MJ has no interest in his legacy and this just goes to prove it

Date: September 28, 2015 01:21

stones4ever: "" it really is all about the money at this stage".
No it is not. It is about the LEGACY.
THE ROLLING STONES. SATISFACTION BABY.ROCK AND ROLL. GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY!!! Mick is still spreading THE WORD: WE ARE/WERE THE GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN HISTORY OF HUMAN LIFE.

Simple.eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-28 01:25 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 28, 2015 01:31

I'm not buying the 'turning on the youngsters to the Stones' scenario, and/or making their 'legacy stronger for future generations'.
Just look at the Beatles - they had apprx. seven short years as band, and will be played for eternity by the young and old alike.
The Stones don't need this type of hype because their legacy is pretty much already sealed in greatness - if anything this could possibly harm and degrade the legacy imo.
But if Mick feels the need to dilly dally around with a bunch of pop fluff, and he enjoyed himself doing it, than oh well...

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 01:34

Hairball
I'm not buying the 'turning on the youngsters to the Stones' scenario, and/or making their 'legacy stronger for future generations'.
Just look at the Beatles - they had apprx. seven short years as band, and will be played for eternity by the young and old alike.
The Stones don't need this type of hype because their legacy is pretty much already sealed in greatness - if anything this could possibly harm and degrade the legacy imo.
But if Mick feels the need to dilly dally around with a bunch of pop fluff, and he enjoyed himself doing it, than oh well...
The Beatles are so far ahead of every other act in terms of popularity and cultural influence that it's not a fair comparison.

Date: September 28, 2015 01:44

keefriff99
Hairball
The Beatles are so far ahead of every other act in terms of popularity and cultural influence that it's not a fair comparison.

Who knows, had the Stones disbanded in 73' they may of given the Beatles a run for their money in the same terms, but i rather more enjoy their continuation, as opposed to popularity and cultural influence of a band who hung their coats up 46 years ago.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 28, 2015 01:51

Yes thankfully the Stones continue to keep rolling - halleluja!

I was just saying their legacy doesn't need to be embellished by farting around with a bunch of teeny boppers.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 01:57

stone4ever
I'm really sorry to put a downer on your party, but i just watched it again and it makes me feel sad for Mick. Why the need, its weird to me and i am not an old fart. They sell out everywhere they go, they have more money than they could ever spend. I would love them to end their carriers with integrity, this is just desperate.
The man does not need attention at any cost, seeing him jump about at the end i just cringe. I have not cringed like that since the Lets Work video
I just don't understand it, when i think of Dave Gilmore or Robert Plant, its another world of maturing gracefully compared to this.
I remember Pete Townsend said to the Stones , don't grow old gracefully guys, it wouldn't suit you, now i'm not so sure. Basically i picked up on the Stones when they were anti pop, and it didn't stop me becoming a fan. This fan base age is puzzling. I say this knowing i am not a negative person, far from it, i wish the Stones all the best and hope they go on making live shows for many more years.

Wow....I guess some people here don't get the concept of someone who enjoys what they do for a living and not wanting to retire. This is no different than an accountant or a mechanic enjoying their work. You seem to miss this concept completely. Does it not occur to you that Mick just enjoys what he does and doesn't give a crap about baseless negativity like yours? That's Keith's basic attitude, he could give a rat's ass. I'm assuming also you're not a musician and have never experienced the rush that being on stage gives you. It's stronger than drugs. That's why for the most part the drug use fades, but the performing doesn't. It's that strong. These guys do what they do because they enjoy it. If you find it that repulsive, don't watch.

Date: September 28, 2015 02:00

Hairball

The Beatles was a studioband after Hamburg.
THE ROLLING STONES are/were a LIVE band and a studioband from 1962...and Counting.
Pete Best, Paul McCartney and Ringo should rejoin. Does Ringo play bass?

Date: September 28, 2015 02:04

Hairball
Yes thankfully the Stones continue to keep rolling - halleluja!

I was just saying their legacy doesn't need to be embellished by farting around with a bunch of teeny boppers.

Very true, what kind of a legend needs this for a legacy , for over 53 years they have earned love, respect and adoration from millions of fans the world over. They have eclipsed anything Taylor Swift has to offer. Now its being needlessly tarnished with these sort of questionable performances.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 28, 2015 02:16

rbagel, thanks for the report from the show!

This turn by them both was so much superior to their duo in Chicago, where some booing was going on, and rightly so, with the minuet during ATGB. As mentioned, this was Taylor's show, and also she had performed with Mick before and seemed very comfortable. The number exceeded my expectations, and calmed my fears.

Much more fun to watch, true, NL, rather than hear.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 28, 2015 02:19

absolutely brilliant. In 5 minutes he executed a world wide marketing blitz. Good for him. Yup...world wide.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1408
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home