Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 17
Re: Mick guests with Taylor Swift - Nashville, September 26
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 27, 2015 07:47

Ah, missed it/ couldn't find anything earlier watched a flick instead. Oh well but great to see Mick out and about! When I saw the pic posted here now (thanks!) my first thought was, that lucky B. she really does have everything. He looks tired in later pics but he's still puttin' it out, yessir life worth livin keep going, good for him gettin' more groove on means more Stones groove on keeps him ready...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 27, 2015 07:47

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 27, 2015 08:37

I was forced to attend the 1989 tour this summer, this would have made my show...memorable. Oh boy. I will wait to judge till I see video.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: September 27, 2015 08:59

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 27, 2015 09:11

Thanks for the video DREAMTIME.
It was kind of like watching a freak show.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: September 27, 2015 09:28

Wondering why Mick, or Swift, picked Nashville for their duet?
That seems to add to the weirdness of this somehow, to me.

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: September 27, 2015 09:28

Think about it this way:
Just as Keith likes to "pass things on", this is ALSO likely to turn on a whole NEW audience to the rolling Stones. Well done Mick!
Also, Mick could do worse than sing the Stones signature tune and perform it alongside one of today's popular music biggest stars. I haven't to a tone of her music, but to preserve the Stones legacy this is not a bad move. Just let him have some fun, while Keith is preserving the Blues winking smiley

Re: Mick guesting with Taylor Swift - Nashville, September 26?
Posted by: bobo ()
Date: September 27, 2015 11:03

James Kirk
Pathetic!

It says a lot that Keith is having success all over the globe (his album will be a top 10 hit on the global chart) with a mature understated album for adults, while Mick is trying to get the attention of 14 year old girls.

How long before Keith is ripping Mick in the press over this? And yes I know that the Stones had Taylor Swift up on stage, but I'm 100% convinced that neither Keith nor Charlie had any idea who she was and were simply going along with Mick's wishes.

Pathetic???

Keith having global success?? He has an ok album nothing more.

This is comments like my 12 year old son could come up with.

Date: September 27, 2015 11:09

Off key, Mick! Nice to see him working again, though thumbs up

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 27, 2015 11:20

I feel sorry for Mick Jagger . Keith is getting critical acclaim all over the world and Jaggers answer to that is to sing a KR written song with a young girl and a Keith copy cat guitarists. Hope Mick gets his mojo back soon

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 27, 2015 11:26

Thanks for the pictures and the video

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: Mick guesting with Taylor Swift - Nashville, September 26?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 27, 2015 11:41

Hairball
Good lord say it ain't so.

It's entry #150926A is Herr Zentgraf's site so yes it did happen! eye popping smiley

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: September 27, 2015 11:49

its good business sense ,Micks no fool ,appearing with the biggest female performer at the moment .A photo of them on her twitter site has 802000 likes after three hours prob do a million keeps his name and the groups music known to a new generation . , .

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 27, 2015 12:02

Hardly any of the 802000 likers will now rush the stores to buy a Stones-album. Mick´s behaviour is foolish.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 27, 2015 12:02

Mick's got mojo coming out of his ears.
Appreciate the utube link.
Taylor sounded flat and off key on Satisfaction, but I'm no musician.
Jagger gets a '10'

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 27, 2015 12:16

HMS
Hardly any of the 802000 likers will now rush the stores to buy a Stones-album. Mick´s behaviour is foolish.

Well, Hot Rocks went from #370 on ITunes to #184 in 2 hours.
Taylor Swift's selling power is awesome to any artist linked to her.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: September 27, 2015 12:17

hahahahahahahahahahahaha poor pathetic mick !!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahah

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: September 27, 2015 12:27

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-27 12:30 by Olly.

Date: September 27, 2015 12:36

georgelicks
HMS

Well, Hot Rocks went from #370 on ITunes to #184 in 2 hours.
Taylor Swift's selling power is awesome to any artist linked to her.

Then I would strongly recommend Mick-appearances at concerts of Beyonce, One Direction, Rihanna, Madonna Kylie Minogue, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Leona Lewis. He should just work through the top-10-single-charts every two months.

Aaaah...this Taylor Swift, she is so very CUTE! I wish she was a singer.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 27, 2015 12:55

I've always liked Taylor Swift. She goes out of her way to reach her fans. I recall a recent story where she was running/jogging in Nashville and stopped to give a young fan a cell photo op and autograph.

Date: September 27, 2015 13:03

This performance makes perfect sense for the following reasons: 

1) Jagger is repaying the favour for Swift's appearance with the Stones in 2013. 

2) Jagger is known, if only by name, to this generation of music fans, having been the subject of, or featured on, several well known tracks... 

Jagger is mentioned in the title of both Maroon 5's 'Moves like Jagger' (featuring Christina Aguilera) and Cher Lloyd's 'Swagger Jagger' - two hit singles released within six weeks of one another in the Summer of 2011. 

A few months later Jagger also featured, alongside Jennifer Lopez, on will.i.am's single 'T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever)'. 

A year earlier, in 2010, Jagger was mentioned in Black Eyed Peas' single 'The Time (Dirty Bit)' and the year before that in Ke$ha's 'Tik Tok'.

All of these tracks featuring Jagger in some way topped the charts in either the US or the UK, with the exception of 'T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever)', which achieved a mere 3rd position in the UK Charts. 'Tik Tok' achieved especially notable success, being the best-selling single world wide in 2010.

Look at the names mentioned above: Maroon 5, Christina Aguilera, Cher Lloyd, will.i.am, Jennifer Lopez, Black Eyed Peas, Ke$ha - within a couple of years Jagger was associated with all these names in the current pop scene. 

What could be more natural than two current pop stars sharing a stage?

Olly.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 27, 2015 13:08

35love
Mick's got mojo coming out of his ears.
Appreciate the utube link.
Taylor sounded flat and off key on Satisfaction, but I'm no musician.
Jagger gets a '10'

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 27, 2015 13:10

her stage costume is even worse than anything Jagger sported in his whole career (including 72/73 and 81)

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: September 27, 2015 13:10

Olly
This performance makes perfect sense for the following reasons: 

1) Jagger is repaying the favour for Swift's appearance with the Stones in 2013. 

2) Jagger is known, if only by name, to this generation of music fans, having been the subject of, or featured on, several well known tracks... 

Jagger is mentioned in the title of both Maroon 5's 'Moves like Jagger' (featuring Christina Aguilera) and Cher Lloyd's 'Swagger Jagger' - two hit singles released within six weeks of one another in the Summer of 2011. 

A few months later Jagger also featured, alongside Jennifer Lopez, on will.i.am's single 'T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever)'. 

A year earlier, in 2010, Jagger was mentioned in Black Eyed Peas' single 'The Time (Dirty Bit)' and the year before that in Ke$ha's 'Tik Tok'.

All of these tracks featuring Jagger in some way topped the charts in either the US or the UK, with the exception of 'T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever)', which achieved a mere 3rd position in the UK Charts. 'Tik Tok' achieved especially notable success, being the best-selling single world wide in 2010.

Look at the names mentioned above: Maroon 5, Christina Aguilera, Cher Lloyd, will.i.am, Jennifer Lopez, Black Eyed Peas, Ke$ha - within a couple of years Jagger was associated with all these names in the current pop scene. 

What could be more natural than two current pop stars sharing a stage?

Fully agree!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-27 13:10 by bobo.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 27, 2015 13:25

I hope she learned her lesson well: Never invite a guest who steals the show and makes you look like some cheap and stupid background singer!

Date: September 27, 2015 13:35

slewan
her stage costume is even worse than anything Jagger sported in his whole career (including 72/73 and 81)

Her stage costume and her performance/dancing is wonderful. Her hairdo is marvelous. Her looks are amazing. Her sparkling personality is outstanding. What a shame that she is no singer, she´d have a great future if she could only sing.

Date: September 27, 2015 13:48

HMS

Her stage costume and her performance/dancing is wonderful. Her hairdo is marvelous. Her looks are amazing. Her sparkling personality is outstanding. What a shame that she is no singer, she´d have a great future if she could only sing.

I'm confident that Swift's future is already secure.

Olly.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 27, 2015 14:05

It's show biz after all. No big deal.
Some of us will remember the whoha from die hard blues fans when their old heroes were on stage with white middle class British kids.
Didnt do the likes of Muddy, John Lee and the others careers any harm at all.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 27, 2015 14:19

slewan

Yeah, but not Mick's. I think I'm in love again....with Mick's jacket. Ah well, he'll disappoint me just like Keith. grinning smiley

As for the duet, I just hope Mick had some fun with it. At this stage of the game, he's earned the right to do whatever he wants. I bet his grandkids thought this was very cool.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 27, 2015 14:35

slewan

I hope she learned her lesson well: Never invite a guest who steals the show and makes you look like some cheap and stupid background singer!

thumbs up Yep - a nice duet would have been a better choice than 'Satisfaction' where Mick proves that he's still the best frontman and can handle the whole show alone ....

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1720
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home