Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Brian's missing show(s?) on the US tour 1966.
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 27, 2016 14:40

I have newspaper items from 60's and beyond but don't know how to post them here, anyone can help?

Date: July 27, 2016 16:32

midimannz
I have newspaper items from 60's and beyond but don't know how to post them here, anyone can help?

Get them scanned or take pictures of them. Upload the pics to photobucket, copy the "IMG-links" and paste them in here.

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: July 28, 2016 17:01

Great story, any idea what ailed Brian?

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 28, 2016 17:13

[wcbsfm.cbslocal.com]

"Rolling Stone Brian Jones was admitted to Passavant Hospital in Chicago with a temperature of 105, causing Jones to miss the last few dates on the Stones current tour."

Apparently it was pneumonia that side-lined him in 1964.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-28 17:16 by hopkins.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 28, 2016 19:27

Fantastic stuff!!

Hara is where I learned how to Rock!!

If you weren't fighting or puking, you were good to go... Heard some crazy stories from my friends over the years, and I have several of my own!! I'm sure everyone goin' to shows in those days saw the same craziness...

Every Metal and Rock act came through there back in the day, and my first gig ever was The Mighty Van Halen, Saturday, May 23rd, 1981... Mom grabbed tix for us at the old Salem Mall Sears store since I had baseball practice that morning. I was 15... Little did she know she created a Rock Monster! It's been my "career" ever since. The job pays for the career!

Saw a ticket stub for The Stones' 1965 gig at Hara once at an old Dayton music store. I wasn't as shrewd then, but nowadays I would barter a deal for that souvenir.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1562
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home