Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A Touching Stones Tale
Date: August 10, 2005 00:27

My 16 year daughter and I were in a fast-food restaurant today. The chain is sponsoring a free draw for 2 Rolling Stone tickets in Moncton. A little nerdy guy of about 7 years old sees the Stones display, turns to his Mom and says, "We should get in the contest. That's the Stones." (By now I'm thinking that this little nerd is sounding pretty cool.) Then he adds. "Mom, they're the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world aren't they"? Of course the Mom agreed with her little guy. How could she not. Mommies never lie to their kids.

Re: A Touching Stones Tale
Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: August 10, 2005 00:29

Richard that is beautiful...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: August 10, 2005 00:30

Hahaha!

Nice little story!

Coul have been my son! (appoaching 13) ...

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 10, 2005 00:32

At the other end of the spectrum - my 17-year-old daughter is at her boyfriend's house the other day and the boyfriend's mom's boyfriend (presumably in his 40's or so) overhears a conversation the kids are having about the Stones - and after some reference to Keith Richards he says, "who's Keith Richards?"

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: August 10, 2005 00:52

Great story Richard, who would have thought in '64' that things would become what they are.

I remember in my 8th grade (68) math class one day talking about The Stones to someone and this other girl, not in the conversation, turns around and says, "Isn't Mick Jagger queer?

A long way from being regarded as the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world. They were still seen as 'deviants', spreading the evil 'disease' of rock 'n' roll. At least in this mid-western cowtown. And, true Stones fans were hard to find, very hard. I'm not so sure I didn't like it better back then. But hey, they're still here and still rockin' and I'm glad of that.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 10, 2005 03:11

That 7 year old kid is a Genious.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home