Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Well this is Keith Richards biggest day in the media in a positive way
Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: October 7, 2015 21:28

its one of those coil-y hoses silly. geez. get a grip. the man dares to be human.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 7, 2015 22:02

Great cover photo, great title: All Down the Line. Indeed.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 7, 2015 22:14

Boognish
"I might've cracked a rib,"
If he had cracked a rib then he would know it. Breathing hurts. Moving hurts.

Keith would know, he fell from his library ladder and broke 3 ribs and had to cancel gigs in 1998
How do you know he was not in a lot of pain ??

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 7, 2015 22:20

tumbled
its one of those coil-y hoses silly. geez. get a grip. the man dares to be human.

I actually have a better grip than you imagine.

Prior to your post and my subsequent Google search, I had no idea that "hose product" existed. I am glad we don't have any hoses like that at my house. I think I'd be pissed off by it by the second use! eye rolling smiley

Enough of the conversation about the hose though...

I still say that photo was staged and I just wondered why the photographer, Keith and his advisors chose to stage the photo that way. I should also admit that I don't even know what a "man daring to be human" even is. I think Keith has been a pretty daring human for much of his adult life but that too, is probably best left for another conversation.

It's more out of amusement that I even brought up the picture. Really... Is there anyone one this board who dresses like that to go outside and water the lawn on a cloudy day? Any of your neighbors? Maybe it's only rock stars daring to be human who dress like that to yard work.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: October 7, 2015 22:32

Of course the photo was staged. Nearly all photos are, even the ones that don't look to be.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 7, 2015 22:40

Turner68
Of course the photo was staged. Nearly all photos are, even the ones that don't look to be.

Good point(s)... I have a feeling that, unless there's a journalism or photography student posting here, I'm not going to find out the "why" behind that particular post. Maybe it will be in the article.

I can't believe I'm actually going to (probably) buy another copy of Rolling Stone magazine. Come to think of it, I think the last time I bought a copy of RS, Keith was on the cover and that was the only reason I bought it then. Some things never change, right?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: October 7, 2015 22:44

mr_dja
Turner68

Good point(s)... I have a feeling that, unless there's a journalism or photography student posting here, I'm not going to find out the "why" behind that particular post. Maybe it will be in the article.

I can't believe I'm actually going to (probably) buy another copy of Rolling Stone magazine. Come to think of it, I think the last time I bought a copy of RS, Keith was on the cover and that was the only reason I bought it then. Some things never change, right?

Peace,
Mr DJA

I was thinking exactly the same thing :-)

Posted by: rileyf ()
Date: October 7, 2015 22:47

tumbled
shit he did hurt himself on the fall on the July 4 show. cracked a rib.

it looked like it hurt! the fall happened right in front of me and i managed to document pretty much the whole event with my camera. photos posted here

Date: October 7, 2015 23:29

wonder why the "do not x ray" is it because he has magnetic tape inside that might be erased by x ray. ! That fall did look like it hurt at the time.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 8, 2015 00:48

Beautiful picture on the RS magazine.
could someone post the full article please...
thanks jeroen

Date: October 17, 2015 00:32

tumbled
wonder why the "do not x ray" is it because he has magnetic tape inside that might be erased by x ray. ! That fall did look like it hurt at the time.

I believe when you have titanium screws in your head, ( from Keith's tree fall accident ) an MRI scan X Ray would kill you.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 17, 2015 00:43

keefriffhards
tumbled

I believe when you have titanium screws in your head, ( from Keith's tree fall accident ) an MRI scan X Ray would kill you.

Maybe...but not our Keef!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 17, 2015 01:00

Picked up the Keith Rolling Stone today for $4.99.
It's been many years since I've bought one - or even picked up one - and it's really turned into a skimpy little piece of crap magazine.
I've already read the interview online, but the cover photo of Keith is quite nice - definitely worthy of framing. thumbs up

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 17, 2015 01:09

Haven't bought it either for years Hairball, but I better pick up a copy now before they're off the shelves. I've only skimmed the online article....

Date: October 17, 2015 01:17

Hairball
Picked up the Keith Rolling Stone today for $4.99.
It's been many years since I've bought one - or even picked up one - and it's really turned into a skimpy little piece of crap magazine.
I've already read the interview online, but the cover photo of Keith is quite nice - definitely worthy of framing. thumbs up

Same with me hairball. Its been a few years since i got Rolling Stone mag, its had a lot of shit people on the cover over the last few years, well not shit but not real Rock stars anymore sad smiley

Date: October 17, 2015 01:35

the cover photo is indeed amazing!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 17, 2015 03:07

Turner68
the cover photo is indeed amazing!

Great cover indeed, and it's the same photo used on the Brazil and France editions. In other countries it seems that the interview is featured too, but it's not the cover story.

Date: October 17, 2015 04:37

I never did find a copy in newsstands in DC and Va. is there anything more than what has been posted?

Date: October 17, 2015 05:15

tumbled
I never did find a copy in newsstands in DC and Va. is there anything more than what has been posted?

Haven't fully dug in yet, but upon a quick glance it looks to be quite a bit more than what I read online.
Also a little section called 'Killer Solo Keith - Beyond Happy: Six Essential Richards tracks'.
I don't remember seeing this online, but will go back and see...wish I had a scanner....

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 17, 2015 05:27

Hairball
tumbled

Haven't fully dug in yet, but upon a quick glance it looks to be quite a bit more than what I read online.
Also a little section called 'Killer Solo Keith - Beyond Happy: Six Essential Richards tracks'.
I don't remember seeing this online, but will go back and see...wish I had a scanner....

It's posted here: [www.iorr.org]

smiling smiley

Date: October 17, 2015 06:01

Cristiano Radtke
Hairball
tumbled

It's posted here: [www.iorr.org]

smiling smiley

Ahhh thanks Cristiano, I must have missed that! thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1622
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home