Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Jagger on George Bush
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 12, 2005 01:02

4tylix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> again, I've offered a truce.

I'll take it. beats what your buddy george is offering cindy sheehan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-12 01:02 by T&A.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 12, 2005 01:04

And to put a nice ending to the debate, here is what Mick has to say about all this:

Stones song 'not attack on Bush'

Tickets to see The Rolling Stones in Toronto on Wednesday cost £4.60
Sir Mick Jagger has denied that a new Rolling Stones song called Sweet Neo Con is an attack on President Bush.
"It's not aimed, personally aimed, at President Bush," he said. "It wouldn't be called Sweet Neo Con if it was."

The singer told US TV show Extra: "It's not really aimed at anyone." On the track, he sings: "You call yourself a Christian, I call you a hypocrite."

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: August 12, 2005 01:05

Threads like this tend to end
> in people bashing eachother.

I've tried to be as polite as possible and I think that everyone else has been too. For that I'm most appreciative. Americans are outnumbered here and pro-Bush supporters very underrepresented.

Date: August 12, 2005 01:12

T&A Wrote:
> 4tylix Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > again, I've offered a truce.
>
> I'll take it. beats what your buddy george is
> offering cindy sheehan.
>
>
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 08/12/05 01:02 by
> T&A.

sorry mickjaggeroo....that ought to have been the last word, but this is T&A's idea of a truce...evidently he wants the last word. T&A, the woman is rightly distaught, her son died...that's always a possibility when you join an all volunteer military, and he's already met with her (I know her complaints)...again, people want us to move on from this thread...I am more than willing to bow out gracefully and say I respect everyone's right to hold their opinion...but the insults will not go without my response.

I am ready to end my involvement in this thread as I feel it's been interesting but is now exhausted. Drake and dennysmith will be on soon...hopefully they'll respect the end, if that's what we all wish for. :-)

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 12, 2005 01:25

what gives you the authority to determine the grounds for a truce? when the anti-Bush "babble" ends? so, in other words, so long as the last word your pro-Bush babble you are satisfied? you should be IN this administration with that kind of logic and rhetoric....

Date: August 12, 2005 01:32

Nothing in my last post was pro-Bush...I simply said I wouldn't post replies to anti-Bush remarks...but mickjaggeroo was right, looks like this might become personal and I'd be honored to serve my president.

Guess you wanna keep it going? Because I tried to end by saying I respected people's opinions. I'll end when shown some measure of respect as well.

Posted by: Glimmer Twin ()
Date: August 12, 2005 02:17

Jagger is damn right when he says that Bush is full of shit. If Bush had done his job then he would have had Bin-Laden by now instead of Saddam, who had nothing to do with 9-11 and who didn't even had weapons of mass destruction.I don't know who the bigger dumb-ass is, Bush or the people who re-elected him.

Date: August 12, 2005 02:30

yeah Glimmer Twin...put it right back on top! as for your post...I'll abide by my previous statement...no comment.

Posted by: GottaHaveHim ()
Date: August 12, 2005 02:44

OK, I'll add my 2 cents here! I think that Mick is right, and I'm an American, And, while I'm at it, I must confess, (gulp)~~~I voted for the guy!!!

I really thought that he was an honest person~~~silly me!!!

Someone mentioned that GW should have stayed the course, and gotten Bin Laden~~~~how true that is!!!!

But, oh no, GW had to go into Iraq, and now, our boys are dieing!!! Senceless!!!

I believe that because GW is an oil man, ya know, Black Gold, Texas Tea~~~~~~that this is what it's all about!!!
I wish that GW would bring our boys home!!!

Just my opinion~~~
~Gotta~

"It's allright letting yourself go, as long as you can get yourself back."
~Mick Jagger~

Date: August 12, 2005 03:25

I'm sure there were those in WW2 who argued we should focus on Japan (they attacked us) rather than Germany. Two things can be done at once, and it took 3 1/2 years to get @#$%&, almost 4 to end the war with Japan.

I sincerely doubt any efforts have been spared in the hunt for Bin Laden which mainly requires the use of Special Forces, not air power and infantry units.

As for the oil grab scheme...this is always the argument made without evidence. The U.S. could take and control oilfields anywhere at anytime...no need to be in Baghdad and dealing with roadbombs...we're not like that.

There's no evidence anyone in this administration had directly benefitted from the invasion (no, not even Cheney...it's not evidence because you say so). However, there's a load of evidence that French, German, Russian, and various UN officials benefitted in the millions from deals with Saddam under the corrupt oil for food program. I'd prefer to stop, but I'll find and post plenty of unbiased articles that attest to that.

Posted by: dennysmith61 ()
Date: August 12, 2005 03:37

Love the anti Bush people nothing but ad homein attacks

I think thou protest too much.

And have not answered one fact that was posted.

10 years have ignoring sanctions should have been appeased like Europe did with @#$%& and Russia. And French and Germany made plenty off Saddam

How do you know no WMD because of invassion the fact is what you brag about could not have been known without military action. I am against war and occupation but forced inspections using miltary force after 9/11 no problem

They called Reagan crazy when he called Russia the Evil empire that was before the fall and all the graves and purges became known. And the evil oppression of freedmon became clearer. they were upset we put misles in Europe

Bush before teh election in 200 called the treaty with N Korea Clinton made ediotic to make with an oppressive killer europe condemened Bush

No we know they broke the treaty and Bush was right

And in all honesty who cares what the world thinks anyway smiling smiley

When was the last time Europe was right about anything? Munich NO Cold war NO NKorea NO etc etc

I mean what are they going to do attack us hahahhahahhahahahahhhahhahahhhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahhaha
hahahahha

This is the end.....................

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 12, 2005 04:24

4tylix Wrote:
>.
>
> Guess you wanna keep it going? Because I tried to
> end by saying I respected people's opinions. I'll
> end when shown some measure of respect as well.

The audacity to claim the high ground when you've done nothing but ridicule and denigrate me - insinuating I'm uneducated and don't read! What an obnoxious hypocrite you are.

Date: August 12, 2005 04:36

"Uneducated" When did I say that good sir? As for reading, I have no idea who you are or what you read.

Hypocrite? Not sure of the basis for that.

Obnoxious? Guess you don't like my posts. You're not alone, but then again either am I.

I must sau you seem to be the angriest poster yet. Everyone else has been rather pleasant no matter what their view.

I aplogize if I've hurt you're feelings and that is meant sincerely.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 12, 2005 04:51

and you have a bad memory! i really don't care about your opinions of bush frankly. the guy is effing idiot. it astonishes me that he can dupe 50% of this country of mine, but nothing i can do about that.

but when you claim you've been nothing but pleasant with me - yeah, that pissed me off and it tells me all I need to know about you.

Date: August 12, 2005 04:57

1. Then don't read them then dude.

2. It was more than 50%, hence he's the President of the United States of America! Amen!

3. My memory is fine...don't see StonesTod anywhere in this thread.

4. I apologized for any offence.

5. You're pissed and want to get into a pissing match apparently...sorry man, I don't get angry.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 12, 2005 05:52

I don't know if this link was posted before, it was this morning on a dutch website.

[extratv.warnerbros.com]

If you don't wanna go there, here's the text. Apparently you can also see video there.

Stones Target 'Hypocrites' in New Song
August 10, 2005

They've been hailed as the biggest, best and baddest band there ever was. Now, the eternally-rebellious and controversial Rolling Stones are at it again with a barbed protest song reportedly aimed right at President George Bush.

The rockers were in Toronto, rehearsing for their upcoming tour, when they gave a rare interview to "Extra's" music critic Jude Cole. And legendary Mick Jagger spoke for the first time about the song, "Sweet Neo Con," which says in part, "You call yourself a Christian. I call you a hypocrite. You call yourself a patriot. Well, I think you're full of s***."

But Jagger insisted, "It's not really aimed at anyone in particular. It's not aimed personally at President Bush. It wouldn't be called 'Sweet Neo Con' if it was. It's certainly very critical of certain policies of this administration, but so what, you know? Lots of people are critical, and I had my feelings about it."

"Sweet Neo Con" is just one of the songs from the Stones' upcoming CD, "A Bigger Bang," the band's first album in eight years. And Jagger revealed one of the keys to his success: "You've got to retain that vitality you had when you were young. You can't make rock records without a lot of vitality."

The new CD will be released to coincide with a concert tour that kicks off in Boston on August 21st, which will reunite Jagger with fellow legend, Keith Richards. "Every new tour is like a new voyage," Richards admitted. "It's a little school-boyish, a little adventure."

Richards also spoke for the first time about being Johnny Depp's inspiration in "Pirates of the Caribbean," and he confirmed that he'd really like to make a cameo in the sequel, promising, "Wait until you see the patch."

So with movies, music and a new tour, it certainly seems like the bad boys of rock are still going strong and showing no signs of slowing down.

Posted by: mikesnaps ()
Date: August 12, 2005 07:52

4tylix & dennysmith61

I'm with you guys. You present well rounded arguments & I share your veiwpoints.
Mick's lyrics in this song are pretty banal, something that I would expect from some left wing high school kid singing in a protest march to get the day off school.
The Stones should concentrate on generating on some genuine excitement for this tour + album instead we get some ametuerish attempt at doing a protest song.
What next Jagger gonna make impassioned speeches with Bono ugh!

Posted by: Magnus L ()
Date: August 12, 2005 12:11

4tylix//

"I'm sure there were those in WW2 who argued we should focus on Japan (they attacked us) rather than Germany."

Well you did, didnt you?

"Two things can be done at once, and it took 3 1/2 years to get @#$%&, almost 4 to end the war with Japan."

Yeah, the Russians got him almost singelhanded. Dont forget the Russians had to fight Hungarian, Rumanian, Italian and Finnish armies too. And you took out the -japaneese, well done!! Teamwork.

"As for the oil grab scheme...this is always the argument made without evidence. The U.S. could take and control oilfields anywhere at anytime...no need to be in Baghdad and dealing with roadbombs...we're not like that."

Of cource its about oil. But how stupid is your administration? The U.S have supported Saddam for a LONG time to have him to deal with Iran, thats what you supported Saddam to do. With Saddam gone Iran increases its influence over Iraq too, and thats not bright thinking.

Regarding the inspections; They was working for years until it was revealed that the U.S misused them to spie on Iraq. Thats why the inspectors were thrown out. Do you read that in your "free" press?

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2062
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home