Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...129130131132133134135136137138139...LastNext
Current Page: 134 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 30, 2016 07:38

IanBillen
The reason many folks do not like or take interest in any of The Stones more recent works is because they are stuck in the past and refuse to let the past go.

>>Case and point is this.. We have 130 plus pages about a topic that was supposedly to be centered around a new release.

If you look back through the pages you'll find all everyone wanted to do was base something that isn't even out yet on works of the past... Or all they wanted to do was talk about or compare older albums?

Now .. here 24 hours ago we have an article posted from Rolling Stone Magazine that contains info on The new release ..... and yet we can't even get it posted in English (or have any comments from the members who posted it explaining what was actually said in the article.. ...). I've saw more talk about The shoes The Stones are wearing on the cover versus anything inside concerning the content on said release? Whole thing is sort of ridiculous ....innit?

The only one who notes that or says anything about it or is pressing that issue is me and everyone acts like I'm being overly anxious or overbearing all the time. I'm not overly anxious.. many of the Stones supposed die-hards are lame is the issue Lol Smh

It isn't The Stones quality that has gone that much by the wayside.. (they are still darn good) ... it is the pessimism and lack of enthusiasm of many of their fans.

Ian

That's because it doesn't say anything that we don't know. Mostly, it says that the Stones have recorded a new blues album with 11 songs in two days and Eric Clapton is a guest artist on two songs, produced by Don Was. The rest of the article mostly lists 30 blues songs recorded by the Stones - officially released or not. Irix already explained that on this thread: [iorr.org]

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: August 30, 2016 08:29

Cristiano Radtke
IanBillen
The reason many folks do not like or take interest in any of The Stones more recent works is because they are stuck in the past and refuse to let the past go.

>>Case and point is this.. We have 130 plus pages about a topic that was supposedly to be centered around a new release.

If you look back through the pages you'll find all everyone wanted to do was base something that isn't even out yet on works of the past... Or all they wanted to do was talk about or compare older albums?

Now .. here 24 hours ago we have an article posted from Rolling Stone Magazine that contains info on The new release ..... and yet we can't even get it posted in English (or have any comments from the members who posted it explaining what was actually said in the article.. ...). I've saw more talk about The shoes The Stones are wearing on the cover versus anything inside concerning the content on said release? Whole thing is sort of ridiculous ....innit?

The only one who notes that or says anything about it or is pressing that issue is me and everyone acts like I'm being overly anxious or overbearing all the time. I'm not overly anxious.. many of the Stones supposed die-hards are lame is the issue Lol Smh

It isn't The Stones quality that has gone that much by the wayside.. (they are still darn good) ... it is the pessimism and lack of enthusiasm of many of their fans.

Ian

That's because it doesn't say anything that we don't know. Mostly, it says that the Stones have recorded a new blues album with 11 songs in two days and Eric Clapton is a guest artist on two songs, produced by Don Was. The rest of the article mostly lists 30 blues songs recorded by the Stones - officially released or not. Irix already explained that on this thread: [iorr.org]

I also got this. Here is a translation. What we are pretty certain of is the album (The blues album) was certainly all done in London. Here is a translation from Rollingstone.com:

There is a new rumor about the Rolling Stones: Allegedly publish the musician "early December" in 2016 a new album. The work should only contain cover versions of blues pieces. The reports of the European Fanclub "It's Only Rock'n'Roll".

The Blues piece is only to form the prelude to a work with its own new pieces, which is in 2017 "probably" follow. Supposedly it was recorded entirely in London - the first there completely decorated plate since "Their Satanic Majesties Request" of 1967th

CONTINUE READING

Keith Richards had already confirmed that Eric Clapton is on the new Stones album. The last studio work "A Bigger Bang" was released in 2005. In the late summer, a live recording of their coming Havana concert to the movies. Moreover, the Rolling Stones have announced Megaboxset of mono LPs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-30 08:32 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 30, 2016 11:50

IanBillen

Irix

Now if we could only get this translated to .. English.. for those of us that only know that particular language.

Here's my translation. I don't speak french and the article is a plain image without copyable text. So I used then a free web-based OCR (Optical Character Recognition) and translated the text via Google Translate:

THE 30 GREAT BLUES MOMENTS

INCREDIBLY, THE STONES ARE CURRENTLY RECORDING, ALONG WITH PRESTIGIOUS GUESTS SUCH AS ERIC CLAPTON. THE BLUES ALBUM THAT FANS ARE DREAMING FOR YEARS. TO CELEBRATE THE EVENT, ROLLING STONE HAS COMPILED THE RANKING OF THE BIGGEST TWELVE BAR TITLES THAT HAVE STAKED THEIR CAREERS.

THIS IS THE NEWS WE HEARD LAST SPRING: the Stones are back in the studio to record a new album. This will not only be the first since A Bigger Bang, published eleven years ago, but it will be mainly - surprise! - a very by the blues marked disc. Ronnie Wood has spilled the beans as the first: "We recorded eleven blues songs in two days when we listened after having left aside several months (..), it sounded genuine.." Some say even that it might be a tribute - a tad late, of course - to the late Brian Jones. There might be times of Howlin' Wolf and Little Walter, and two songs were recorded with Eric Clapton and producer Don Was. In a word, this will be the album that Keith Richards dream for ages. Because the love story between the Stones and blues goes way back. At their inception. And it never screeching halt. The proof spinoff thirty songs throughout more than fifty year career.

(Article from Rolling Stone, french edition, September 2016, pages 69/70)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-30 20:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: August 30, 2016 12:24

"IN TWELVE STEPS"

Does it mean there will be 12 songs on the album?

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: August 30, 2016 12:49

No - it shows how poor google translate really is - à douze mesures = 12 bars, in other words they are listing the greatest 12-bar blues that has marked out their career...

Date: August 30, 2016 12:50

Twelve-bar Blues: [en.wikipedia.org] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-30 13:00 by Irix.

Date: August 30, 2016 13:15

A very short summary of the Article from the Rolling Stone, french edition, September 2016, pages 68-75:

30 GREAT BLUES MOMENTS

TO CELEBRATE THE EVENT, ROLLING STONE HAS COMPILED THE RANKING OF THE BIGGEST TWELVE BAR TITLES THAT HAVE STAKED THEIR CAREERS.

1. Bright Lights, Big City
2. I'm a King Bee
3. I Just Want to Make Love to You
4. Andrew's Blues
5. 2120 South Michigan Avenue
6. Good Times, Bad Times
7. Confessin' the Blues
8. I Can't Be Satisfied
9. Down the Road Apiece
10. What a Shame
11. The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man
12. Who's Driving Your Plane
13. Parachute Woman
14. Love In Vain
15. C*cksucker Blues
16. You Gotta Move
17. Shake Your Hips
18. Stop Breaking Down
19. Exile on Main Street Blues
20. It Hurts Me Too
21. Mannish Boy
22. Black Limousine
23. Key to the Highway
24. Fancy Man Blues
25. Little Red Rooster
26. The Spider and the Fly
27. Rock Me Baby
28. Back Of My Hand
29. Champagne and Reefer
30. Keep Up Blues

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-30 20:25 by Irix.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: August 30, 2016 13:44

martinw
No - it shows how poor google translate really is - à douze mesures = 12 bars, in other words they are listing the greatest 12-bar blues that has marked out their career...

Irix
Twelve-bar Blues: [en.wikipedia.org] .

Ah okay, thanks. Yep, I definitely expected too much of google. smiling smiley

Date: August 30, 2016 13:50

IanBillen

Here is a translation from Rollingstone.com:

You meant this was a translation from the german [www.rollingstone.de] :

August 26, 2016 by RS

Two plates will the Stones allegedly publish. A cover album before Christmas, one with new songs in 2017.

There's a new rumor about the Rolling Stones: the musicians allegedly publish "early December" in 2016 a new album. The work should only contain cover versions of blues pieces. That reports the European Fanclub "It's Only Rock'n'Roll".

The Blues plate is only the prelude to a work of own new pieces, which will "probably" follow in 2017. Supposedly it was recorded entirely in London - the first completely arranged plate there since "Their Satanic Majesties Request" from 1967.

Keith Richards had already confirmed that Eric Clapton is on the new Stones album. The last studio work "A Bigger Bang" was released in 2005. In the late summer, a live recording of their Havana concert is coming into the movie theaters. Moreover, the Rolling Stones have announced a Mega-Box-set of Mono-LPs.

[www.rollingstone.de]

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: August 30, 2016 14:00

the reason why this has gone to 134 pages cause no news from stones camp,the listing of the songs or cover of the album,so fans get fed up and write lot of rubbish.ITS ONLY ROCK - ROLL BUT WE LIKE IT,STONES KEEP US HAPPY.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 30, 2016 14:20

Irix
IanBillen

Irix

Now if we could only get this translated to .. English.. for those of us that only know that particular language.

Here's my translation. I don't speak french and the article is a plain image without copyable text. So I used then a free web-based OCR (Optical Character Recognition) and translated the text via Google Translate:

THE 30 GREAT BLUES MOMENTS

INCREDIBLY, THE STONES ARE CURRENTLY RECORDING, ALONG WITH PRESTIGIOUS GUESTS SUCH AS ERIC CLAPTON. THE BLUES ALBUM THAT FANS ARE DREAMING FOR YEARS. TO CELEBRATE THE EVENT, ROLLING STONE HAS COMPILED THE RANKING OF THE BIGGEST TWELVE BAR TITLES THAT HAVE STAKED THEIR CAREERS.

THIS IS LAST SPRING WE HEARD THE NEWS: the Stones are back in the studio to record a new album. This will not only be the first since A Bigger Bang, published eleven years ago, but it will be mainly - surprise! - a very marked by the blues disc. Ronnie Wood has spilled the beans as the first: "We recorded eleven blues songs in two days when we listened after having left aside several months (..), it sounded genuine.." Some say even that it might be a tribute - a tad late, of course - to the late Brian Jones. There might be times of Howlin' Wolf and Little Walter, and two songs were recorded with Eric Clapton and producer Don Was. In a word, this will be the album that Keith Richards dream for ages. Because the love story between the Stones and blues goes way back. At their inception. And it never screeching halt. The proof spinoff thirty songs throughout more than fifty year career.

Well done, so in other words nothing new here unfortunately. The "journalist" just took it upon himself to bring the IORR forum news to the masses... After all until the Internet that was the only way we got news ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: August 30, 2016 14:20

kish_stoned

the reason why this has gone to 134 pages cause no news from stones camp,the listing of the songs or cover of the album,so fans get fed up and write lot of rubbish.

Yeah - Jann S. Wenner seems to be in vacation and the Rolling Stone has now to quote IORR instead .... winking smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 30, 2016 16:19

Irix
kish_stoned

the reason why this has gone to 134 pages cause no news from stones camp,the listing of the songs or cover of the album,so fans get fed up and write lot of rubbish.

Yeah - Jann S. Wenner seems to be in vacation and the Rolling Stone has now to quote IORR instead .... winking smiley

But still IORR(and now Stonesnews) is the only listed current source. Kudos to BV, but what does this say about the industry to have RS quote a message board…confused smiley Can't wait to see the song totaled for the blues album BV!!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 30, 2016 17:45

Well, their shoe wear is horrendous.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: August 30, 2016 20:44

Irix

A very short summary of the Article from the Rolling Stone, french edition, September 2016, pages 68-75:

30 GREAT BLUES MOMENTS

TO CELEBRATE THE EVENT, ROLLING STONE HAS COMPILED THE RANKING OF THE BIGGEST TWELVE BAR TITLES THAT HAVE STAKED THEIR CAREERS.

2. I'm a King Bee
4. Andrew's Blues
6. Good Times, Bad Times
7. Confessin' the Blues
8. I Can't Be Satisfied
9. Down the Road Apiece
10. What a Shame
13. Parachute Woman
14. Love In Vain
15. C*cksucker Blues
16. You Gotta Move
17. Shake Your Hips
18. Stop Breaking Down
20. It Hurts Me Too
21. Mannish Boy
22. Black Limousine
23. Key to the Highway
24. Fancy Man Blues
25. Little Red Rooster
27. Rock Me Baby
28. Back Of My Hand
29. Champagne and Reefer
30. Keep Up Blues

Black Limousine is a 16-bar blues, but Key To The Highway is an 8-bar blues, so I guess they balance out?

Date: August 30, 2016 20:54

Ross
Irix

30 GREAT BLUES MOMENTS

2. I'm a King Bee
4. Andrew's Blues
6. Good Times, Bad Times
7. Confessin' the Blues
8. I Can't Be Satisfied
9. Down the Road Apiece
10. What a Shame
13. Parachute Woman
14. Love In Vain
15. C*cksucker Blues
16. You Gotta Move
17. Shake Your Hips
18. Stop Breaking Down
20. It Hurts Me Too
21. Mannish Boy
22. Black Limousine
23. Key to the Highway
24. Fancy Man Blues
25. Little Red Rooster
27. Rock Me Baby
28. Back Of My Hand
29. Champagne and Reefer
30. Keep Up Blues

Black Limousine is a 16-bar blues, but Key To The Highway is an 8-bar blues, so I guess they balance out?

No Expectations should easily be in the top 5 Stones Blues songs.

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: August 30, 2016 21:03

Maindefender
Irix
kish_stoned

Kudos to BV, but what does this say about the industry to have RS quote a message board…confused smiley Can't wait to see the song totaled for the blues album BV!!

It is pretty remarkable to see a cover story meant to promote the new Stones album that is virtually devoid of any real news about said album.

At a minimum, you'd think someone in the Stones' camp would've wanted to provide Rolling Stone with a few song titles or quotes.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: August 30, 2016 21:11

I hope BV isn't in hot water for this.....

Date: August 30, 2016 21:25

GasLightStreet
Well, their shoe wear is horrendous.

Conceals the lifts and orthos... grinning smiley

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: August 30, 2016 21:25

Woz

No, because Billboard and Associated Press have already published an article on 4-Apr-2016:

"Rolling Stones Plan to Release New Album This Year"

They quoted Ronnie: "We went in to cut some new songs, which we did. But we got on a blues streak. We cut 11 blues in two days. They are extremely great cover versions of Howlin' Wolf and Little Walter, among other blues people. But they really sound authentic." When asked when the new material would be released, Wood said only: "This year". And further: "When we heard them back after not hearing them for a couple of months, we were, 'Who's that? It's you' ", Wood said. "It sounded so authentic."

[iorr.org] · [www.billboard.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-30 21:35 by Irix.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 31, 2016 00:42

Irix
Woz

No, because Billboard and Associated Press have already published an article on 4-Apr-2016:

"Rolling Stones Plan to Release New Album This Year"

They quoted Ronnie: "We went in to cut some new songs, which we did. But we got on a blues streak. We cut 11 blues in two days. They are extremely great cover versions of Howlin' Wolf and Little Walter, among other blues people. But they really sound authentic." When asked when the new material would be released, Wood said only: "This year". And further: "When we heard them back after not hearing them for a couple of months, we were, 'Who's that? It's you' ", Wood said. "It sounded so authentic."

[iorr.org] · [www.billboard.com]

Authentic as in re-inventing, paying their dues, showing respect, doing what you are best at as THE ROLLLING STONES...
Just like they did in 1962......
Great!!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 31, 2016 16:59

Man..cant wait for this one!! and anxious to hear some new interviews with the Stones. ready to party like its ...

Jeroen

Date: August 31, 2016 17:02

2016?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: August 31, 2016 17:04

Woz

Why? They are planning shows in Europe next year, so a RS cover story with no new info is what is called free publicity; as the French say, c'est déja pas mal.

Date: August 31, 2016 17:13

It seems somewhat odd that an album release gets announced on a fan website rather than through the Stones PR machine.....and then gets picked up by RS with no new info or comments from the Stones camp.

OTOH it's free, as you say.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-31 17:20 by Woz.

Date: August 31, 2016 17:16

Rokyfan
Woz

Why? They are planning shows in Europe next year, so a RS cover story with no new info is what is called free publicity; as the French say, c'est déja pas mal.

To get the cover with no story is weird, that would not happen with the US edition. If I see the Stones in Europe pretty sure would have to do Paris. They are Stones CRAZY!!

Date: August 31, 2016 17:20

Maindefender
Ross
Irix

30 GREAT BLUES MOMENTS

2. I'm a King Bee
4. Andrew's Blues
6. Good Times, Bad Times
7. Confessin' the Blues
8. I Can't Be Satisfied
9. Down the Road Apiece
10. What a Shame
13. Parachute Woman
14. Love In Vain
15. C*cksucker Blues
16. You Gotta Move
17. Shake Your Hips
18. Stop Breaking Down
20. It Hurts Me Too
21. Mannish Boy
22. Black Limousine
23. Key to the Highway
24. Fancy Man Blues
25. Little Red Rooster
27. Rock Me Baby
28. Back Of My Hand
29. Champagne and Reefer
30. Keep Up Blues

If it isn't included in their country-list, that is smiling smiley

Date: August 31, 2016 17:29

DandelionPowderman
Maindefender
Ross
Irix

30 GREAT BLUES MOMENTS

2. I'm a King Bee
4. Andrew's Blues
6. Good Times, Bad Times
7. Confessin' the Blues
8. I Can't Be Satisfied
9. Down the Road Apiece
10. What a Shame
13. Parachute Woman
14. Love In Vain
15. C*cksucker Blues
16. You Gotta Move
17. Shake Your Hips
18. Stop Breaking Down
20. It Hurts Me Too
21. Mannish Boy
22. Black Limousine
23. Key to the Highway
24. Fancy Man Blues
25. Little Red Rooster
27. Rock Me Baby
28. Back Of My Hand
29. Champagne and Reefer
30. Keep Up Blues

If it isn't included in their country-list, that is smiling smiley

Could go either way but it's blues

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 31, 2016 20:07

12 bar blues... it's a loose term, really, because not all "12 bar blues" songs use 12 bars, sometimes it's more or less - within the song.

They included some stinkers in that list and left out some rather good and even great songs.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: August 31, 2016 20:38

GasLightStreet
12 bar blues... it's a loose term, really, because not all "12 bar blues" songs use 12 bars, sometimes it's more or less - within the song.

They included some stinkers in that list and left out some rather good and even great songs.

It's not loose at all, it's mathematics. Certainly the most common blues is the 12-bar I-IV-V progression, but if the song is built on 8-bar progression, it is usually referred to as 8-bar blues. 16 bars, 16-bar blues; etc.

Agree that the list could be better. Hoping the new album will be well represented on a new "Stones Best Blues" list after it's release!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...129130131132133134135136137138139...LastNext
Current Page: 134 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home