Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 29, 2016 11:10

GasLightStreet
The good ones! The Way She Held Me Tight, A Different Kind, Fiji Jim, Munich Hilton, I Love You Too Much, Guess I Should Know, It Won't Be Long, Never Make You Cry, What Gives You The Right, Dancing Girls.

And the one blues they should've put on it is Armpit Blues.

[www.youtube.com]

On my SG deluxe there IS I Love You Too Much. Maybe you mean I Need You/Just Because I Told You.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 29, 2016 16:47

Ah, right, it is I Need You. Some of those titles... some boots have it titled that way, and he does, eh, sing it, but it's not the one that's on the deluxe disc, which is, of course, completely different and quite pedestrian, really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-29 16:48 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 29, 2016 19:04

gutted to hear no new album in 2016. but not surprised, i actually questioned this on this thread many months ago, i dont trust what people say the stones are going to do and i never believe the stones when they say they will do something till it is done.

this new album thing is an embarrasment, to whoever starts this nonsense, same crap happened after the end of the 2007 tour, we got the story of a tour in 2008, which became 2009 which became 2010, till eventually they done nothing till 2012.

this thread is one big white elephant, its time people stopped these type of threads from happening, if the band are just winding us up to tease us and keep us interested then shame on them, if your going to release a new album do it, dont just talk about it. if your not going to release an album at least try to stop the rumours and deceiving folk

so its a 2017 album now, i wont believe it, i wont read a 2017 new album thread.i just wont waste my time anymore. just someone inform me when the albums completed and released.

sometimes i actually wish the stones would announce their intention to quit for good. if your not up to it anymore, admit it, and stop the pathetic lies of tours and new albums that just dont happen.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 29, 2016 20:22

75% of the entire thread is just people making things up-the "blues album" was never and is never happening.

it's a classic internet rumor,someone speculated about a blues album because it came out they were jamming on blues songs in the studio[wow the stones were jamming on blues songs,they've never done THAT before]and the story went from someone speculating and morphed into a fact.

no matter how many times i posted that keith said straight out to a fan who asked him on his website"will you ever make an all blues album?" "NO, BECAUSE IT'S JUST A SMALL PART OF WHAT I DO"-that wasn't good enough, they heard the stones "recorded 20 blues songs" never mind that they record most of what they do and they probably know about 200 blues songs off the top of their heads they could use during any given jam...

they're gonna put out a record of new songs in the fall and they will tour-

they're not gonna spend time in a studio recording for no reason and they're not gonna hire a crew,build a stage and put the band on the road for 3 freakin shows-would you guys just calm down and be a little patient..

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 29, 2016 20:45

^^^

The man has a point.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: July 29, 2016 21:12

buttons67
gutted to hear no new album in 2016. but not surprised, i actually questioned this on this thread many months ago, i dont trust what people say the stones are going to do and i never believe the stones when they say they will do something till it is done.

this new album thing is an embarrasment, to whoever starts this nonsense, same crap happened after the end of the 2007 tour, we got the story of a tour in 2008, which became 2009 which became 2010, till eventually they done nothing till 2012.

this thread is one big white elephant, its time people stopped these type of threads from happening, if the band are just winding us up to tease us and keep us interested then shame on them, if your going to release a new album do it, dont just talk about it. if your not going to release an album at least try to stop the rumours and deceiving folk

so its a 2017 album now, i wont believe it, i wont read a 2017 new album thread.i just wont waste my time anymore. just someone inform me when the albums completed and released.

sometimes i actually wish the stones would announce their intention to quit for good. if your not up to it anymore, admit it, and stop the pathetic lies of tours and new albums that just dont happen.

Was there an announcement? What did I miss?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 29, 2016 21:14

lem motlow
75% of the entire thread is just people making things up-the "blues album" was never and is never happening...

Thanks, I was wondering what I missed. Now if it were an entire Blues album, I can easily get into a multitude of songs like the Keith solo Crosseyed Heart track!

I just can't wait for the album, assuming there will be one, no matter what direction they go in.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 29, 2016 23:27

Ross
buttons67

Was there an announcement? What did I miss?

Page 57 has some really interesting stuff…..>grinning smiley<

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 29, 2016 23:29

I seem to recall that The Beatles 'apparantly' recorded lots of oldies during the Get it Back sessions early 1969.
As far as I can recall only Maggie May was released officially (1970/Let it Be album), though some snippets turned up on Anthology 3.
I fancy the Stones have played some blues numbers in the studio; that doesn't mean they are fit to release however.

Posted by: ReginaPhalange ()
Date: July 30, 2016 00:19

I don't know who this person is but she posted on Instagram the other day that the new album was played for her at Capitol Records.

link

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 30, 2016 00:26

Thanks for that link. Don Was is "the President of Blue Note".

Date: July 30, 2016 00:37

Carolina Bonetti (Instagrammer above) also posted a couple of things on Twitter:

So this happened ... THANK YOU @CapitolRecords @RollingStones YOU ARE STILL KILLERS!!!! YAAAS December get here!

[twitter.com]

I can't believe tonight thank you @CapitolRecords !! To hear @RollingStones in advance is insane. So much history

[twitter.com]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 30, 2016 00:55

bye bye johnny
Carolina Bonetti (Instagrammer above) also posted a couple of things on Twitter:

So this happened ... THANK YOU @CapitolRecords @RollingStones YOU ARE STILL KILLERS!!!! YAAAS December get here!

[twitter.com]

I can't believe tonight thank you @CapitolRecords !! To hear @RollingStones in advance is insane. So much history

[twitter.com]

Wtf is Carolina Bonetti?!!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 30, 2016 00:57

She could add something like "it's different"!!!

Date: July 30, 2016 00:58

KRiffhard

Wtf is Carolina Bonetti?!!

Carolina Bonetti asked the same of you.

Seriously, click on the links ffs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 01:00 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 30, 2016 01:34

Wow! .. and Ok but still .. I wonder what 'album' or albums she heard? .. .. ......

The New Blues album? ... The new studio album ...? >> IS THERE a new studio album (yet?).. ? >> .. If so .. when is the sucker supposed to drop? IS this a new studio album AND a blues album in one product?

Btw What's happening in December? ... Oh and last but certainly not least >>>> How did it sound / How was it ...??

Lol .. Sure.. folks may say 'calm down Ian' .. but in seriousness..

Isn't all this above what we are all wondering at this point..? Lol grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 01:37 by IanBillen.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 30, 2016 01:43

Some people see that only three shows have been announced and think that's it.

Bunk.

Ronnie Wood says they've recorded a bunch of blues and suddenly the Stones are doing what Elton John said they should do.

So far - BUNK.

The Stones also recorded new material ie original songs for an alleged new LP.

Not bunk - yet ie as of now.

They've been in a studio recording - not bunk, as far as we know.

Date: July 30, 2016 02:10

IanBillen
Wow! .. and Ok but still .. I wonder what 'album' or albums she heard? .. .. ......

The New Blues album? ... The new studio album ...? >> IS THERE a new studio album (yet?).. ? >> .. If so .. when is the sucker supposed to drop? IS this a new studio album AND a blues album in one product?

Btw What's happening in December? ... Oh and last but certainly not least >>>> How did it sound / How was it ...??

Isn't all this above what we are all wondering at this point..? Lol grinning smiley

Cool to see you Engaging with her Ian. >grinning smiley< Don't what December means(yet) but she did say it wasn't covers. Also, did she hear only one song?

Date: July 30, 2016 02:11

I will answer a couple of my own questions that I have recently found out...

The new album is not of covers.. it is a new 'studio' album.

I asked how it was? Answer: fantastic

- Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 02:13 by IanBillen.

Date: July 30, 2016 02:15

Maindefender
IanBillen

Cool to see you Engaging with her Ian. >grinning smiley< Don't what December means(yet) but she did say it wasn't covers. Also, did she hear only one song?

As she wrote she heard the whole new album .. (probably is 85% of what the new album consists of... w/o a master yet ..but still that is nothing to sneeze at lol). That is only my guess.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 30, 2016 02:19

My friend at Universal just text me: "Reunion next Thursday about new albums out in October/November with marketing team: Beck, Rolling Stones and more"

Date: July 30, 2016 02:49

georgelicks
My friend at Universal just text me: "Reunion next Thursday about new albums out in October/November with marketing team: Beck, Rolling Stones and more"

It appears something is coming .. .....

Date: July 30, 2016 05:36

IanBillen

So you "recently found out". Source would be nice, yo.

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: July 30, 2016 05:40

bye bye johnny
https://twitter.com/carolinabonetti/status/758518075603824642

Nice find!

Interesting to hear that Mick "wasn't really feeling" the new track.

Date: July 30, 2016 05:45

bye bye johnny
IanBillen

So you "recently found out". Source would be nice, yo.

It isn't <my> source, really lol. Same person who talked about it on her Instagram went back and forth with me on it just a bit on Twitter is all. She spent the night at Capital Records and met Don Was there (President of Blue Note). Don Was was showing just her and her girlfriend his office (which has all kinds of memorabilia). When she mentioned to him how much of a Stones fan she is he asked her if she wanted to hear their new song and played it for them two girls. Don Was told her they (The Stones) have .... 'an album coming out'.

She loved the song he played and then begged to hear the rest saying she would 'burn her phone' if need be (to assure no replay by her to anyone). He obliged and played her most of the album.

I very specifically asked her if it was a blues covers album or a new studio album.

She said 'no covers' .. and pretty much indicated it was in fact an all new studio album. She was .. very .. very.. excited over hearing it. I asked her how it was / how did it sound? She said it sounded fantastic.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 05:58 by IanBillen.

Date: July 30, 2016 05:50

Well, <you> could've said you exchanged tweets with Carolina Bonetti, y'know?

Date: July 30, 2016 06:55

bye bye johnny

When I said I found out I took for grant it people would understand I was meaning I 'found out' about her / the situation we were discussing.

At the same time and as well I didn't want people bombarding her with questions. I kept it short and sweet with her and only asked for a glimmer .. (is good conduct in said situations as you understand).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 06:56 by IanBillen.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 30, 2016 07:09

Whatever it is, it'll be here when it gets here. In the meantime, they've got a bit of a catalog and some swell archives to keep us occupied. So y'all just chill. cool smiley

Date: July 30, 2016 10:41

bye bye johnny

Yeah but to be fair BBJ Ian's and Carolina's back and forth is all contained in your earlier entry above with the two Twitter links. You led us to the water, it's funny that some didn't drink.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 30, 2016 11:10

@Georgelicks
He has specified if it'll be a Blues cover album or a new stuff album?!?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home