Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: July 24, 2016 11:37

Mr.D
In the interview Keith did with Jo Whitley a couple of days ago he said they were going back into the studio later this year to work on the new album, does that mean they are going to release the blues covers album first to tide us over till the new material is done?

That theory makes sense to me. We know they've recorded some blues covers and and album's worth of material could be recorded fairly quickly. I reckon this one is "in the can" as Keith says. But we also know there is new material and I am quite sure that Mick would want to spend time getting this right - and I don't think Mick would be content in only releasing a blues album. So I suspect you may be right in saying that we get a blues coves album in time for Christmas, and then an album of new material next year.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 24, 2016 14:40

Which ever way it happens the Main thing now is we all gotta
keep safe and stay alive till they let these albums outta the cage ..... mmmmmmm XFX

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 24, 2016 18:53

Unless they have changed their way of recording, eg and followed Dylan's example, it seems inconceivable that they have a new album (of new material) even half finished yet.
Unless of course there has been lots of sessions going on that we know nothing about.
But with Keith in the States (mostly) and Mick in London (mostly) the two main participants have hardly had much time together.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 24, 2016 19:01

According to a mate of mine who works for Eagle Rock, he has heard that rather than a 2cd album there will be two albums. The blues album will be out later this year, whereas the album of new material will be out spring next year.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 24, 2016 19:20

Rollin92
According to a mate of mine who works for Eagle Rock, he has heard that rather than a 2cd album there will be two albums. The blues album will be out later this year, whereas the album of new material will be out spring next year.

Yesterday I saw my friend, the one that works on Universal, and he told me the same thing: the main idea now is to release the blues album on October to back on the US tour and wait until May/June of 2017 to release the new album, just in time for the European Tour. Two tours, two albums.
The Havana show will be released on November too.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 24, 2016 19:47

Thanks for the updates, Rollin92 and georgelicks.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: July 24, 2016 19:55

georgelicks
Rollin92

Yesterday I saw my friend, the one that works on Universal, and he told me the same thing: the main idea now is to release the blues album on October to back on the US tour and wait until May/June of 2017 to release the new album, just in time for the European Tour. Two tours, two albums.
The Havana show will be released on November too.

These are great news. We can enjoy the "new" blues album until the real new stuff arrives next spring. Any news on the tour of Europe?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 24, 2016 21:56

Many thanks Rollin92 and Georgelicks!!
I don't care about blues cover...i'll wait for new stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-24 22:13 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 24, 2016 23:24

i love the rolling stones

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 25, 2016 00:31

I would love a little BLUES by THE ROLLING STONES at christmass time. I WILL BUY THE BLUESCOVER ALBUM.

I would love a NEW STONES ALBUM in the spring, I WILL BUY IT and attend European SHOW(s).

GREAT NEWS (if it happens...) !!!!

Edit: When I am still alive (thanks Rockman) of course. If not I WILL NOT BUY IT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-25 00:34 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 25, 2016 00:31

KRiffhard
Many thanks Rollin92 and Georgelicks!!
I don't care about blues cover...i'll wait for new stuff.

Well, i do care about the blues covers AND i am waiting for the new Stuff. Just waiting till the shit kicks in !!
Jeroen

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 25, 2016 00:38

KRiffhard
BILLPERKS
KRiffhard
BILLPERKS
Sources tell me Adele is involved on one track.

Is it the same source that "told on GOOD authority that the record is wrapped & ready"?!

Indeed.

You'd better change your sources!! smiling bouncing smiley

Blasphemy.

My source is a janitor at Munro Sounds.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 25, 2016 00:45

Looking forward to the new album with new songs

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 25, 2016 03:00

If they are to release a blues album it would make sense to do such in the fall but actually ...

They could of @#$%& released a new studio album this fall ...and then the blues album next fall or Winter.

I mean Fwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck .. They sure as helllllllll are in no hurry to release an all new studio album .. yet they 'act' like its one of their big priorities... (uh ... ok? Riiiiiiight ...Lol).

Why wait until 2017 .. Might as @#$%& well release it in 2020 .. .. .. ..

Come on Now .. it's been what... Like... 11 years since their last album...?? And they are STILL putting it off... ???? >> It used to be Gimme Shelter... now I'm asking to Gimme a break -

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-25 06:54 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: July 25, 2016 05:09

We should know something soon....

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 25, 2016 07:05

Just maybe this will be a winning combination. The stones are back playing great raw blues again. Next year 10 great Jagger/ Richards originals come out in May or June. I see this happening baby

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 25, 2016 07:39

So they play blues covers for two days in December and that's what we get this year. Everything else, everything original is still a work in progress. I guess I'm only happy that a band in their seventies are still touring and recording sporadically.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 25, 2016 07:56

Rocky Dijon
So they play blues covers for two days in December and that's what we get this year. Everything else, everything original is still a work in progress. I guess I'm only happy that a band in their seventies are still touring and recording sporadically.

Yes... two days late last year they record a string of blues covers and since then... both in the studio and out ...all this chitter chatter about a new album this year and ... this is it? This is all we get?

I dunno ... that's kind of BullSH**T! No .. in fact it is REAL BullSH**T Lol.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 25, 2016 15:18

Ian, love ok at this way. This maybe the first time in 35 years that they want their original songs stellar instead of rushing it out to meet a tour deadline. If that's the case I'm good with that

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 25, 2016 15:21

Bashlets
Ian, love ok at this way. This maybe the first time in 35 years that they want their original songs stellar instead of rushing it out to meet a tour deadline. If that's the case I'm good with that
smileys with beerthumbs up
jeroen

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 25, 2016 16:13

It has to be said that two separate albums, one blues covers and one of new original material, is a much more attractive proposition than the previously rumoured hotch potch.

I'm much happier with these latest "rumours" winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-25 16:20 by Spud.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 25, 2016 16:30

I like this latest plan/rumor too. Just wish they could sweeten the pot by giving us at least a new single this year. That would satisfy my hunger. I'm sure the blues project will be great but nothing beats a record of original songs in my opinion.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 25, 2016 17:27

I'm just wondering what it's going to take to get this thread to page 114 without actually giving us any information.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 25, 2016 19:25

According to some this place is littered with information, 24fps. I don't know about that though...

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 25, 2016 19:25

They were just a few days in the studio. The more I think of it, the more I believe all they have are a few fragments a la "Extreme Western Grip". And I dont believe that they were able to cut so many blues tunes within a few days that they can fill an album with. Those songs also have to be prepared and rehearsed, in no way they can go into a studio to cut 5-6 Blues-tunes in one day.
Keith has his problems playing songs that he played a thousand times before, dont tell me he can walk in and record some one-take-Blues-tunes.

Frankly, I do believe they have nothing (or almost nothing). It´s all chitter-chatter and rumours to promote the new tour that will be just the same as the old tour. Nobody has heard any "new stuff" because there isnt any. Nobody can even name one single tune they recorded during their "Blues-session". Maybe Clapton jammend on a song-fragment that never will be finished. I think all they have laid down are a few basic tracks that are in very embryonic stadium.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 25, 2016 19:49

So what kind of tour is this gonna be this fall ? 3 shows extended zip code tour?with one blues cover thrown in the set? Something isn't adding up here.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 25, 2016 22:19

I'm more pessimistic about there being an album than I was when this thread started.
As a few others have just noted, it seems likely they have some blues covers and maybe a few working originals but are a long way from finishing. And there doesn't seem to be a sense or urgency.
For an album like Voodoo Lounge they went to Dublin for a few months and worked hard on coming up with songs. There doesn't seem to be evidence that they have done anything like that recently.
My guess is that we'll get one album with one side of blues covers with a few guests, one side of two Keith songs, two Mick songs and one kinda collaboration.
And I'd be fine with that. These are men in their 70s, after all.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 25, 2016 22:26

And on it goes..................113

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 25, 2016 22:31

Eric Clapton is around the same age. He goes into the studio and records a set of originals and new material. No fuss, job done.
Focussed and professionally executed. Maybe not everybody's cup of tea of course.
The Stones seem unable to commit to even a months recording in one stretch.
Age has nothing to do with it.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 25, 2016 22:41

Maybe the blues album will include some new original blues material, that would be nice…..smileys with beer

And also maybe I've pushed the thread to page 114 baby…..>grinning smiley<

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1291
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home