Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...99100101102103104105106107108109...LastNext
Current Page: 104 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 5, 2016 18:27

This new album hasnt even got a title yet. All we´ve got so far are some obscure statements regarding the songs, all of them very vague. "Some might be suprised", "really good stuff" and so on. The usual nonsense. All this tells nothing at all.

I wouldnt be surprised if they´d decide to release three new songs on a new compilation before Christmas. GRRR was released in 2012, it´s time for a new one isnt it.smiling bouncing smiley

As much as I´d love to see a new album released, as long as I´m not holding it in my own hands I am not convinced. They seem to have cut a few blues tracks due to lack of own ideas, imo not a very good sign. No concrete news about new originals, maybe there arent any, who knows. Everything´s possible.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 5, 2016 18:28

mpj200
And it will be worth the wait.

Mpj you know something about new stuff! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 5, 2016 19:00

HMS
This new album hasnt even got a title yet. All we´ve got so far are some obscure statements regarding the songs, all of them very vague. "Some might be suprised", "really good stuff" and so on. The usual nonsense. All this tells nothing at all.

I wouldnt be surprised if they´d decide to release three new songs on a new compilation before Christmas. GRRR was released in 2012, it´s time for a new one isnt it.smiling bouncing smiley

As much as I´d love to see a new album released, as long as I´m not holding it in my own hands I am not convinced. They seem to have cut a few blues tracks due to lack of own ideas, imo not a very good sign. No concrete news about new originals, maybe there arent any, who knows. Everything´s possible.

Fair account of an indeed possible scenario. Well, I guess all we can do is wait and see.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 5, 2016 20:11

HMS
This new album hasnt even got a title yet.

What about Dirty Work II or Dirty Laundry or, maybe something BV would like: Dirty Harry?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 5, 2016 20:22

HMS

And you have the title for it : "Most likely we´ll put it on the shelf"

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: July 5, 2016 23:31

Rocky Dijon
mpj200

mpj200, do you know if Matt Clifford plays on or handled pre-production on any of the new material?

Sorry but I don't. I haven't been to any sessions. I only know that this will be a special record and worth the wait. Something for everyone.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 6, 2016 01:55

mpj200
Rocky Dijon
mpj200

mpj200, do you know if Matt Clifford plays on or handled pre-production on any of the new material?

Sorry but I don't. I haven't been to any sessions. I only know that this will be a special record and worth the wait. Something for everyone.

Why Special?? Because it has been 11 years since the last one, or because its good or why ??
Please explain why its special.
Jeroen

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 6, 2016 02:02

mpj200
Rocky Dijon
mpj200

Yes.. the vibe / feeling and if ya sorta read in between the lines this is to be a sort of special record.

For starters many didn't feel they would ever do another album and at this late date.... it just may be their final ...

As well it has been by far and away their longest stretch between albums... In a sense.. a portion of their reputation as a relevant act depends on this album. There is once again something at stake here. Lots of people want to see what's on their platter here with this one?

*So I know you don't know the title.. and I know you have not heard anything from it but ya did mention that the people who have heard some of the material say the the stuff is ........darn bloody good ... Right-o?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-06 02:04 by IanBillen.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: July 6, 2016 02:07

bye bye johnny
swimtothemoon
mailexile67
Double CD one of Blues Cover and another one of new stuff "Old school" out in mid -October
First single out in Mid-end of September
Official Announcement: end of July-early August
This is it!
Wow..is this for real?

Doubtful.

Don't be pessimistic.

Date: July 6, 2016 02:39

mpj200
bye bye johnny
swimtothemoon
mailexile67
Double CD one of Blues Cover and another one of new stuff "Old school" out in mid -October
This is it!
Wow..is this for real?

Doubtful.

Don't be pessimistic.

*So I know you don't know the title.. and I know you have not heard anything from it but ya did mention that the people who have heard some of the material say the the stuff is ........darn bloody good ... Is this Right-o?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 6, 2016 03:14

mpj200
bye bye johnny
swimtothemoon
mailexile67
This is it!
Wow..is this for real?

Doubtful.

Don't be pessimistic.

Just got a whole lot more optimistic. ;-)

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 6, 2016 06:20

Thanks, I will take that as good news...

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: July 6, 2016 07:45

As far as a title for the new album goes,sinces it gonna be primarily blues based what about DETOUR.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 6, 2016 09:46

mpj200
bye bye johnny
swimtothemoon
mailexile67
This is it!
Wow..is this for real?

Doubtful.

Don't be pessimistic.

I'm pessimistic about that new 'old school' stuff.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 6, 2016 18:21

KRiffhard
mpj200
bye bye johnny
swimtothemoon
mailexile67
This is it!
Wow..is this for real?

Doubtful.

Don't be pessimistic.

I'm pessimistic about that new 'old school' stuff.

You can't get something for nothing.

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: July 6, 2016 20:18

Given the long time we have to wait (and all the expectations we put in it), a title for the album could be "Prodigal Son(g)"

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 6, 2016 23:00

hot smiley hot smileyhot smiley

I AM PUMPED UP!!!

Since September 16, 2015 20:15 when Dave Neal posted this thread.

New Rolling Stones Studio Album Due Out In 2016!!!

bv Made it A Sticky!!!

Some information on what they are working on...

What more do you need as an IORR'er?

LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES!

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-06 23:31 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 6, 2016 23:27

Lack of news is nothing new.
We knew Eric Clapton was recording a new album in London in the Autumn.
Very little fuss. And then the formal announcement in the New Year...but only when it was complete and the release date was confirmed.
All in good time.
Keith time?

Date: July 6, 2016 23:33

jlowe
Very little fuss. And then the formal announcement in the New Year...but only when it was complete and the release date was confirmed.
All in good time.
Keith time?

What are you talking about? Not the new Clapton album I hope...Zzzzzzzzz..., have not heard it by the way. Not interested at all.

DOOM AND GLOOM 2012 was great!!! If you don't dig DOOM AND GLOOM you'd better leave and start snobbing.

Edit: I liked Eric Clapton 100% more as a guest than Jeff Beck in the O2 in 2012. Beck hurted peoples ears with his overloaded bullshite effects.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-06 23:51 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 6, 2016 23:45

RipThisBone
jlowe
All in good time.
Keith time?

What are you talking about? Not the new Clapton album I hope...Zzzzzzzzz..., have not heard it by the way. Not interested at all.

What I'm saying is that very little info re the recording came out UNTIL it was ready.

Date: July 6, 2016 23:54

jlowe
RipThisBone
jlowe
All in good time.
Keith time?

What I'm saying is that very little info re the recording came out UNTIL it was ready.

OT.
We are talking about A NEW ROLLING STONES ALBUM for 104 pages.
And it's gonna get out!!!
hot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 7, 2016 00:14

A BIGGER BANG title was not revealed until
About 24 hours before SOL was released and I believe it was on Jagger's birthday 2005. The album came out September 6th so we have about a month to two before all is revealed.

Date: July 7, 2016 00:26

Bashlets
About 24 hours before SOL was released and I believe it was on Jagger's birthday 2005. The album came out September 6th so we have about a month to two before all is revealed.

A BIGGER BANG indeed!!!

hot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Love ABB. thumbs up

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 7, 2016 01:08

Bashlets

You're right, SOL was released to radio on July 21, 2005 and the album name and release date was announced on July 26, 2005.

There is no fuss about the new album because no one (except die hard Stones fans) is dying to hear a new Stones' album after all these years, the music world is very far from the rock world, let alone from a band of the 60's.

The band spent 3 weeks on London on June (on and off) and the album is pretty much done, final mixing is expected this month.
The idea of a double album with new stuff and blues covers is on, but also the blues stuff could be released as an Itunes only exclusive or to streaming services.

Universal is working with the band right now about the best way to make money on a music market with anemic physical sales, slowing digital music sales and a growth of streaming market.

Date: July 7, 2016 01:20

georgelicks
Bashlets

You're right, SOL was released to radio on July 21, 2005 and the album name and release date was announced on July 26, 2005.

There is no fuss about the new album because no one (except die hard Stones fans) is dying to hear a new Stones' album after all these years, the music world is very far from the rock world, let alone from a band of the 60's.

The band spent 3 weeks on London on June (on and off) and the album is pretty much done, final mixing is expected this month.
The idea of a double album with new stuff and blues covers is on, but also the blues stuff could be released as an Itunes only exclusive or to streaming services.

Universal is working with the band right now about the best way to make money on a music market with anemic physical sales, slowing digital music sales and a growth of streaming market.

thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-07 01:22 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 7, 2016 01:52

georgelicks
Bashlets

My guess is, the new album will get intensive media news, and Universal will do its utmost to get this Stones album massive coverage !!Thats great.
Jeroen

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 7, 2016 02:11

Like I said earlier. If they want a number 1 album release a double for the price of a single. People on iTunes love a deal. Lol

Date: July 7, 2016 02:14

georgelicks
Bashlets

Well Thank you for the info Mr. Georgelicks. Much appreciated. However .. and on a side note... you have been mentioning the album is almost / basically done for quite a while now ... lol Not that I am disbelieving your info .. just pointing that out in your updates every time is all (jus sayin).

Any word on the quality or sound of the new stuff (or covers?).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-07 02:19 by IanBillen.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 7, 2016 02:24

IanBillen
Thank you for the info. However you have been mentioning the album is almost done for quite a while now ... Not that I am disbelieving your info .. just pointing that out in your updates is all (jus sayin).

Any word on the quality or sound of the new stuff (or covers?).

The blues album was done and about 70% of the new stuff, on June they completed the new stuff and the overdubs, the recordings/overdubs were on-off during 3 weeks (2-3 days at the studio, 2-3 days off), not a single word about how it sounds, they recordings were very low profile and without many people around.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 7, 2016 05:19

104 PAGES OF ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

IAN SAYS IT'S "SPECIAL"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...99100101102103104105106107108109...LastNext
Current Page: 104 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1902
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home