Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8586878889909192939495...LastNext
Current Page: 90 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: June 2, 2016 06:15

Rocky Dijon
Stoneage
Are people fabricating facts on this site? What's the point with that?

All of it is rumor, not fact. Whether your source is close to someone in the studio or the record label, you never know if they were fed misinformation or if it was guesswork you're spreading by posting online. I was told to expect a single disc release with a couple of blues numbers only (probably originals at that) while others are positive we're getting two discs with one featuring 11 blues covers. I heard the guest guitarists rumors were fabricated from what they did live a couple years ago and is just speculation based on an off-the-cuff jam with Clapton. Others are sure we will see heavyweight guitar guests (not Mr. Taylor) on the blues disc. We'll see. I don't doubt Soldatti or anyone else, but the point is no one here has heard the tracks or knows where things stand definitively. We're hearing things from people close to the source or on the marketing side. How close and how trustworthy we can't be certain. I doubt anyone is winding people up for the fun of it. We're fans, we're curious. I look at the rumors of two discs and think they're finally doing the blues album, just like Mick planned on releasing twice (1993 and 2008) after cutting one with The Red Devils in 1992. It's plausible he'd do this with the Stones now. I look to what I've heard personally and think they're describing the same sort of album they've made for years and that seems practical as far as guesswork. Who knows? We'll know more later this summer in all likelihood. Just a short time ago people were saying Chris Kimsey was producing. I take everything with a grain of salt. Nothing is set in Stone until it's mixed and mastered.

There are people on here that do speak directly to the band. I will leave it at that. Dates are being booked. NY and LV look solid and the album is on pace.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 2, 2016 07:34

mpj200
Rocky Dijon
Stoneage

All of it is rumor, not fact. Whether your source is close to someone in the studio or the record label, you never know if they were fed misinformation or if it was guesswork you're spreading by posting online. I was told to expect a single disc release with a couple of blues numbers only (probably originals at that) while others are positive we're getting two discs with one featuring 11 blues covers. I heard the guest guitarists rumors were fabricated from what they did live a couple years ago and is just speculation based on an off-the-cuff jam with Clapton. Others are sure we will see heavyweight guitar guests (not Mr. Taylor) on the blues disc. We'll see. I don't doubt Soldatti or anyone else, but the point is no one here has heard the tracks or knows where things stand definitively. We're hearing things from people close to the source or on the marketing side. How close and how trustworthy we can't be certain. I doubt anyone is winding people up for the fun of it. We're fans, we're curious. I look at the rumors of two discs and think they're finally doing the blues album, just like Mick planned on releasing twice (1993 and 2008) after cutting one with The Red Devils in 1992. It's plausible he'd do this with the Stones now. I look to what I've heard personally and think they're describing the same sort of album they've made for years and that seems practical as far as guesswork. Who knows? We'll know more later this summer in all likelihood. Just a short time ago people were saying Chris Kimsey was producing. I take everything with a grain of salt. Nothing is set in Stone until it's mixed and mastered.

There are people on here that do speak directly to the band. I will leave it at that. Dates are being booked. NY and LV look solid and the album is on pace.

Wow ... I didn't realize anyone here had the very rare and fortunate priv of 'actually' speaking with one of them here and again. That is simply delightful.

When you say the album is on pace .. that doesn't tell much... Is this meaning... they are working on it right now and have been much more than we think .. or this meaning the album is right on schedule .. or both?

Also .. does <ANYONE> have an <ANY> idea about their brand new stuff .. Any hints (not speaking about the blues CD that may or may not come .. I am meaning their brand new stuff).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-02 07:35 by IanBillen.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 2, 2016 08:37

IanBillen
mpj200
Rocky Dijon
Stoneage

Wow ... I didn't realize anyone here had the very rare and fortunate priv of 'actually' speaking with one of them here and again. That is simply delightful.

When you say the album is on pace .. that doesn't tell much... Is this meaning... they are working on it right now and have been much more than we think .. or this meaning the album is right on schedule .. or both?

Also .. does <ANYONE> have an <ANY> idea about their brand new stuff .. Any hints (not speaking about the blues CD that may or may not come .. I am meaning their brand new stuff).

Hi Ian! This is what we know about new stuff:

"I've heard snippets of the album, yes, it's amazing. It's different - I can't say different how, cause I wouldn't want to ruin it - but it's good." Tyron Wood

"It was just before Christmas that we started doing a new album. Then we went and did shows in South America, so we're still very much on. I can't say much but there are a lot of different things on this album" MJ

"That’s in the can – although it might be a surprise to people, and I can’t say any more than that right now" KR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-02 08:38 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: June 2, 2016 08:44

FROM DAVID BOWIE and QUEEN to MICHAEL JACKSON and EDDIE VAN HALEN, rock ‘n’ roll has witnessed some incredible duets.

Now another huge collaboration is about to grace music history.

I can reveal that the ROLLING STONES have teamed up with the legendary ERIC CLAPTON on their new album.

MICK JAGGER, RONNIE WOOD and co decided to ask Eric to play with them after bumping into him while working on new material at their studio in Chiswick, West London.

The gang ended up recording two songs, under the watchful eye of US producer DON WAS, which are likely to appear on the band’s forthcoming blues album.

READ MORE:

‘It’s the best s**t we’ve ever done’: Busted to put out third studio album after landing new record contract

New photos of Amber Heard looking bloodied and bruised appear on the cover of People magazine

A source close to the band revealed: “Eric was in the next studio along so he came in to say hello.

“They ended up jamming and recorded two songs.

“Don reckons it’s the best thing he has ever done with the Stones.”

A previously unheard version of their track Brown Sugar featuring Clapton emerged last year.

The guitarist also joined the group on stage in 2012 and KEITH RICHARDS later backed Eric at his own gig.

But this is the first time the two bastions of rock have recorded new music together. Thanks to my dad I loved Eric Clapton as a kid and I can’t wait to hear how this turns out.

In December I broke the news that the Stones were making their first album in a decade. Now I am told they are planning to record ANOTHER one soon.

My source added: “They have decided to go back in the studio later this month because they are enjoying it so much.”

Later this year they will also headline the incredible Desert Trip festival alongside BOB DYLAN, PAUL McCARTNEY, NEIL YOUNG, ROGER WATERS and THE WHO. If Eric fancies joining them, I won’t complain.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2016 09:08

rogerriffin

high praise indeed

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 2, 2016 12:59

treaclefingers
rogerriffin

high praise indeed

Honestly Clapton's output with the Stones is minimal. hype time

Date: June 2, 2016 13:08

rogerriffin
FROM DAVID BOWIE and QUEEN to MICHAEL JACKSON and EDDIE VAN HALEN, rock ‘n’ roll has witnessed some incredible duets.

Now another huge collaboration is about to grace music history.

I can reveal that the ROLLING STONES have teamed up with the legendary ERIC CLAPTON on their new album.

MICK JAGGER, RONNIE WOOD and co decided to ask Eric to play with them after bumping into him while working on new material at their studio in Chiswick, West London.

The gang ended up recording two songs, under the watchful eye of US producer DON WAS, which are likely to appear on the band’s forthcoming blues album.

READ MORE:

‘It’s the best s**t we’ve ever done’: Busted to put out third studio album after landing new record contract

New photos of Amber Heard looking bloodied and bruised appear on the cover of People magazine

A source close to the band revealed: “Eric was in the next studio along so he came in to say hello.

“They ended up jamming and recorded two songs.

A previously unheard version of their track Brown Sugar featuring Clapton emerged last year.

The guitarist also joined the group on stage in 2012 and KEITH RICHARDS later backed Eric at his own gig.

But this is the first time the two bastions of rock have recorded new music together. Thanks to my dad I loved Eric Clapton as a kid and I can’t wait to hear how this turns out.

In December I broke the news that the Stones were making their first album in a decade. Now I am told they are planning to record ANOTHER one soon.

My source added: “They have decided to go back in the studio later this month because they are enjoying it so much.”

Later this year they will also headline the incredible Desert Trip festival alongside BOB DYLAN, PAUL McCARTNEY, NEIL YOUNG, ROGER WATERS and THE WHO. If Eric fancies joining them, I won’t complain.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Lots of mistakes in there. The stuff on Clapton even contradicts itself smiling smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 2, 2016 15:29

mpj200

Your first name is Lucas, isn't it?

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: June 2, 2016 18:35

From a US fan site Clapton is on 2 tracks of the new album:

[www.jambase.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 2, 2016 19:55

spikenyc
From a US fan site Clapton is on 2 tracks of the new album:

[www.jambase.com]

Probably just missed Chuck Berry

[www.youtube.com]

smileys with beer

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 2, 2016 22:30

I'd rather they snaked in Bill, than Eric. They can make blues without Eric, but they can't make true Stones music without Bill.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 4, 2016 17:45

So Don Was thinks it's the best the Stones have ever done under his watch.

Not sure what to think of that considering his praise for VOODOO and BRIDGES...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 4, 2016 21:15

I know nothing about nothing about nothing,
but my take on Don Was is: he is completely benign.
He just lets them unfold.
Must have a sharp memory, or details available to him at the ready.
This is not a complaint, because,
what else could you possible do?!
They alone have the magic.

Date: June 5, 2016 05:51

Rocky Dijon
mpj200

Negative.

Date: June 5, 2016 10:03

mpj200
Rocky Dijon
mpj200

Negative.

Mpj give us some news about new stuff!

Date: June 5, 2016 11:00

I don't think his first name really is negative winking smiley

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 5, 2016 11:10

mpj200

I definitely speak directly to the band. I have for decades. They've never answered though. So, I'm not sure I see your point.

Date: June 5, 2016 15:01

Turner68
mpj200

I definitely speak directly to the band. I have for decades. They've never answered though. So, I'm not sure I see your point.

Perhaps you are dialing the wrong number?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 5, 2016 21:13

mpj200 we trust in you...Give us some news about new stuff,please!!!winking smileythumbs up

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 5, 2016 21:21

I still say he's Lucas Jagger...

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 5, 2016 21:32

I dont think so. At his age he wouldnt be interested in what a bunch of old men is doing at the moment, I guess...smiling smiley

Date: June 5, 2016 22:11

mailexile67
mpj200 we trust in you...Give us some news about new stuff,please!!!winking smileythumbs up

thumbs up
In mpj we trust!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 6, 2016 00:03

Congratulations David Neal to 90 pages, 2,700 posts and 200,000 views on your thread! It's up there with the big ones! Still we don't know anything - but that's another matter. We're closing in on it at least...

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 6, 2016 00:09

KRiffhard
mailexile67

thumbs up
In mpj we trust!

Yeah!

It's mpj or bust!

Oh sorry, wrong thread.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 6, 2016 02:03

24FPS
I'd rather they snaked in Bill, than Eric. They can make blues without Eric, but they can't make true Stones music without Bill.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 6, 2016 13:45

mpj200
Perhaps you are dialing the wrong number?

LOL

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 6, 2016 17:44

Even if his name are Lucas, Peter, Diane or something else, how about leaving out all speculation before he will get tired of yer all and stop providing information???

Let the guy speak and then we will see if it turns out correct in the end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-07 03:38 by Blueranger.

Date: June 6, 2016 20:07

Blueranger
Even of his name are Lucas, Peter, Diane or something else, how about leaving out all speculation before he will get tired of yer all and stop providing information???

Let the guy speak and then we will see if it turns out correct in the end.

thumbs up

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 6, 2016 20:10

i was sure they would put the album out and be back on the road by early summer but mpj200 said "record and tour in the fall" and a few weeks later they announced desert trip.
they are gonna be here in the fall and you know they put the album out with the tour-gotta give credit where credit is due.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 6, 2016 22:43

lem motlow
i was sure they would put the album out and be back on the road by early summer but mpj200 said "record and tour in the fall" and a few weeks later they announced desert trip.
they are gonna be here in the fall and you know they put the album out with the tour-gotta give credit where credit is due.

thumbs up

That's quite right.

Hear! Hear!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8586878889909192939495...LastNext
Current Page: 90 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2061
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home