Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 17, 2016 08:40

Woz
A blues covers disc and another of new tunes is a great concept and pretty much sums up their career.

thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 17, 2016 12:18

Rocky Dijon
Interesting that you heard it was 3 new songs in December, mpj200. If I recall what you've said in the past correctly, that's 3 new songs written in the studio - not Mick's demos. Don Was mentioned again the great material left behind since he's been their producer. One wonders if some of that might be considered for this disc. I'm thinking of "Honest Man" and "You Got It Made" as well as tracks we've only heard about like "Ever Changing World" and "High or Low." Might be nice to see them polish those off and release them.

Interesting idea, I'd been wondering how they'd go about coming up with the two obligatory Keith tracks on the album as it's unlikely he has a lot in store after releasing CH last year that was a collection of songs from the past 10 years (actually 15 since Trouble is from 2002). That would fix it ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-17 12:20 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: May 17, 2016 14:58

They should give birth to Honest Man indeed, but You Got It Made is worthless, no use to revive this subpar track.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 17, 2016 15:48

gotdablouse
Rocky Dijon
Interesting that you heard it was 3 new songs in December, mpj200. If I recall what you've said in the past correctly, that's 3 new songs written in the studio - not Mick's demos. Don Was mentioned again the great material left behind since he's been their producer. One wonders if some of that might be considered for this disc. I'm thinking of "Honest Man" and "You Got It Made" as well as tracks we've only heard about like "Ever Changing World" and "High or Low." Might be nice to see them polish those off and release them.

Interesting idea, I'd been wondering how they'd go about coming up with the two obligatory Keith tracks on the album as it's unlikely he has a lot in store after releasing CH last year that was a collection of songs from the past 10 years (actually 15 since Trouble is from 2002). That would fix it ;-)

Surely you jest

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 17, 2016 19:48

I thought Keith had said many times in the past the Stones would never release an album of blues covers, because:
-cannot better the originals
-no publishing royalties for himself and Sir Mick

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 17, 2016 22:41

jlowe
I thought Keith had said many times in the past the Stones would never release an album of blues covers, because:
-cannot better the originals
-no publishing royalties for himself and Sir Mick

I only remember Keith saying he wouldn't do a complete blues album because he likes so many other styles of music. But to put out two albums at the same time is a win win. We are in for such a treat!!! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 17, 2016 22:50

HMS
They should give birth to Honest Man indeed, but You Got It Made is worthless, no use to revive this subpar track.

I agree with you.
You Got It Made is nice to have on a bootleg, but not a finished song at all.
Honest Man is rocking out pretty strong, but needs some finishing touches.
Some part of Honest Man reminds me of Sweet Thing (from Jagger 1993) music wise (rock versus dance/keyboards, but the chords and changes are the same), maybe that's why it was abandoned for Voodoo Lounge (1994).

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: May 17, 2016 23:01

Frankly, I do not believe in this two-album-thing. They are maybe thinking of doing it, but in the end they wont. Imo it will be a single album containing one or maybe even two of the blues tracks. But the rest of the blues tunes will vanish in the vaults just like MJ´s famous Blues-album in the 90s.

I bet it´s going to be the usual mix of styles like in the past decades in order to satisfy any need of any casual listener. Combining it with a pure blues album would only prevent it from going number one.

Plus it would be like a battle "Stones vs. Stones". Their own songs vs. cover-versions, no, Mick wouldnt want to do that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-17 23:09 by HMS.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 17, 2016 23:52

Hope you are wrong HMS.

Edit: Stones versus Stones... That's no competition. That's A Winner All Around!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-17 23:56 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 18, 2016 01:13

RipThisBone
Hope you are wrong HMS.

Edit: Stones versus Stones... That's no competition. That's A Winner All Around!!!

Win win baby.....drinking smiley

Re: Keith Richards: New Rolling Stones Record Coming Next Year
Posted by: rollman ()
Date: May 18, 2016 03:39

matxil
[www.theguardian.com]

Not a very interesting article in the Guardian, but one thing caught my attention:

"Earlier this year, Mick Jagger hinted that the Stones had new material for a potential album. “It would be very nice and I’ve got a lot of new songs and songs I’ve written over the last couple of years,” he said. “I’ve done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. So, let’s hope so.”"

And I think this is really the problem, and makes me rather pessimistic about their "new album". Whereas apparantly Keith wrote his new solo album in the studio in cooperation with Steve Jordan, apparantly with the Stones it will be - again - Mick having his songs, Keith having his songs, and the Stones just working as hired session-players.
Which is exactly the main reason why all of their post-Undercover albums (to say the least) lack the quality of their earlier work.

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, to be sure. As far as I'm concerned, The Rolling Stones catalogue in it's entirety makes life worth living and a new album will be welcomed by me with open arms and open ears and unlimited joy.

Re: Keith Richards: New Rolling Stones Record Coming Next Year
Posted by: jambay ()
Date: May 18, 2016 07:15

rollman

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, to be sure. As far as I'm concerned, The Rolling Stones catalogue in it's entirety makes life worth living and a new album will be welcomed by me with open arms and open ears and unlimited joy.
You can say that again!
The Rolling Stones catalogue in it's entirety makes life worth living and a new album will be welcomed by me with open arms and open ears and unlimited joy.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: May 18, 2016 08:43

The Rolling Stones' catalogue, in its entirety, makes life better, yeah, totally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-18 08:55 by Socrates1.

Just read that Don Was..
Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: May 18, 2016 00:26

Just read that Don Was is involved in this so called "blues" album..
That ruins it for me...boring and slick

Re: Just read that Don Was..
Date: May 18, 2016 00:51

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 18, 2016 01:31

Hey!!! ... Don baby produced the Love Shack .. now own up who hasn't sang along ta that one from time ta time

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 18, 2016 01:37

When there are Stones songs released since 1993 that I don't care for, I never think to blame Don Was. Much the same way that while I don't care for the keyboard Chuck plays live or how loud he is in the sound mix, I don't think either is his fault - particularly since I never ever have a problem with Chuck in the studio.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-18 01:40 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 18, 2016 02:00

Don Was is a "safe" choice. There's no danger left in the Stones anymore.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: May 18, 2016 02:22

He's been working for them for years. If you believe the legends that the Stones use people up, shouldn't he be carving swastikas on the console board by now?

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: May 18, 2016 05:27

"After three albums you should shoot your producer."

-- Jimmy Iovine

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 18, 2016 05:42

Funny, I didn't know that about Love Shack. Hated it at the time, but when I've heard it over the last few years, I've kind of dug it, and noticed how Stonesy it is...

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: May 18, 2016 06:07

Don Was is the worst producer they can work with. He strips all the grime out of a record. He is as bad as Jeff Lynne. They should get Chris Kimsey as a producer and Bob Clearmountain as a mixer. At least these guys know what they are doing. The Stones have turned the last 30 odd years into a colossal episode in laziness. Shitty records, Over-priced tickets and paint by the numbers "events."
I used to love them by they have made a mockery of their legacy....money, money, money.....not a decent record in 35 years...."the greatest rock n' roll band in the world....MY ASS....talk about staying too long at the party......

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 18, 2016 06:37

wonderboy
He's been working for them for years. If you believe the legends that the Stones use people up, shouldn't he be carving swastikas on the console board by now?

They're too old to ruin somebody's life now. The bodies just aren't piling up like they used to.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 18, 2016 09:01

He strips all the grime out of a record.

Gotta agree there ... my motto is.. "BRING BACK TENSION"... in the truck loads too ...

ROCKMAN

Date: May 18, 2016 09:28

I personally think that the thread mergers are a great idea. I don't like a lot of clutter.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: May 18, 2016 10:24

Socrates1
What if I thought up a name for the new album on this thread and they actually named it that? Now that would be cool.

I cant wait... I cant wait... I CANT WAIT!!!
New Stones songs are coming! and A NEW FALL STONES TOUR!! LIVE NEW STONES!!

Thanks Rolling Stones for something fun to look forward to. These days it is harder and harder to find anything get excited about or look forward to. This band has never let me down, for so long now. If only everything could be so great.

Name the album?
"WELCOME TO THE BREAKFAST SHOW"

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 18, 2016 10:33

Rockman
He strips all the grime out of a record.

Gotta agree there ... my motto is.. "BRING BACK TENSION"... in the truck loads too ...

Don 'Muffled Sound' Was thumbs down

Date: May 18, 2016 11:01

Date: May 18, 2016 11:23

Date: May 18, 2016 11:53

Everybody must get stoned.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home