Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 147
Re: Keep: New Stones album is "in the can"
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 1, 2016 15:42

Looks legit to me... Right in the middle of an interview and all. I'm not sure how special and album will be that was whipped together in such a short period of time, if it is indeed "in the can," but whatever. We'll see what happens, if there is more recording to be done, when it comes out, etc. Something to look forward to, anyway.

Date: April 1, 2016 15:45

You don't have an April fool's joke as a minor part of a story with another angle, do you?

Unless Keith fooled the reporter, that is. But the interview was probably not done today grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-01 15:56 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 1, 2016 15:46

Nice interview anyway. And some good news : "we're planning some gigs later on this year".

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 1, 2016 15:52

I wouldn't take any of Keith's press quotes too seriously, to a lesser extent same with Ronnie.
Mick is too evasive.
Charlie doesn't say anything.
Bill was their best (and generally) most reliable PR man.

I guess the days have long gone when they could go into the studios for a 2 to 3 month spell of recording, with mixing to follow on. Oh for the days of Beggars Banquet!

Even Keith's studio effort appeared to have been recorded over a few years.
They should follow Dylan's example. One take ok? That'll do.

Date: April 1, 2016 15:57

<I wouldn't take any of Keith's press quotes too seriously, to a lesser extent same with Ronnie>

I used to think that as well, but since 2012 just about everything Keith and Ronnie have said have indeed held up (the jamming, the rehearsals in 2012, the tours etc.).

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 1, 2016 16:15

DandelionPowderman
<I wouldn't take any of Keith's press quotes too seriously, to a lesser extent same with Ronnie>

I used to think that as well, but since 2012 just about everything Keith and Ronnie have said have indeed held up (the jamming, the rehearsals in 2012, the tours etc.).

Keith said the same about his solo album in 2013:
“There’s some great stuff in the can, we’re just polishing things up and waiting for the right time to put it out. Maybe after this year with The Stones.”
[www.gibson.com]

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 1, 2016 17:58

Q: Will there be future tours?

A: Yeah, yeah, yeah!

No kidding! I'm SOOOOO proud!

Posted by: StonesNYc ()
Date: April 1, 2016 18:02

Keith's solo album was terrible, I hope he saved something for a new Stones album. Been 35 years since they put out an album anyone could say was decent.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: April 1, 2016 19:49

StonesNYc, I beg to differ with you, I Think Keith's latest Album was GREAT! A lot of variety on there....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 1, 2016 19:56

BamaStone
StonesNYc, I beg to differ with you, I Think Keith's latest Album was GREAT! A lot of variety on there....

Yes it IS great.
The best Stones related (band or solo) album in 35+years imo.
The main concern is Mick's already recorded demo's which he brought to the table. Hopefully they are up to snuff or the new record might already be doomed.

Trying to stay positive against the odds!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 1, 2016 20:23

To translate what Keith is quoted as having said:

We laid down a bunch of tracks of us playing along with Mick's demos and jamming riffs just for fun and even though we were prepared to do more recording after the tour, Mick and Don Was told us that they have enough samples to be able to put the album together using E-mail & ProTools. Right now we're using the working title of "An Even Bigger Bang Than The Biggest Bang You Can Think Of" but I'm sure they'll surprise me with something even better than that when it finally goes to market.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: April 1, 2016 20:36

If Don Was is involved press the snooze button..
Lets hope for Straight Glimmer Twins production...no outside help..except maybe Jack Whte..that rumour was cool.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 1, 2016 20:49

The Charlie remarks are awesome

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 1, 2016 21:07

That would be a most cruel April Fool's joke.

Date: April 1, 2016 21:08

Hairball
BamaStone

Yes it IS great.
The main concern is Mick's already recorded demo's which he brought to the table. Hopefully they are up to snuff or the new record might already be doomed.

hyperbole much?

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 1, 2016 22:27

mr_dja

We laid down a bunch of tracks of us playing along with Mick's demos and jamming riffs just for fun and even though we were prepared to do more recording after the tour, Mick and Don Was told us that they have enough samples to be able to put the album together using E-mail & ProTools. Right now we're using the working title of "An Even Bigger Bang Than The Biggest Bang You Can Think Of" but I'm sure they'll surprise me with something even better than that when it finally goes to market.

Peace,
Mr DJA

thumbs up>grinning smiley<

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 1, 2016 22:32

mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

grinning smiley

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: April 1, 2016 22:38

Keith solo album is terrible?????? ahahahahahahaahah o my god, o my god ahahaha is fantastic album sorry

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 1, 2016 22:44

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-01 22:44 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 2, 2016 00:34

F. Scott Fitzgerald felt the stuff he wrote the quickest was his best stuff. I'm not going to count the new stuff out.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 2, 2016 01:10

Their last best album was in 1989. Keith's album was pointless C-sides. Bill's album was better than Keith's.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: April 2, 2016 01:44

24FPS
Their last best album was in 1989. Keith's album was pointless C-sides. Bill's album was better than Keith's.

One song comes to mind 24 FPS ... "You Better Move On".

Join Bill's site to talk about the NEW ROLLING STONES ALBUM in the can.

Bill's album (Back To Basics) was a mislimping attempt to go back to his roots,
The music is zzzzzzz......... and the lyrics and vocal deliverance blaaaaaahhh.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................................

Better try some IAN DURY and THE BLOCKHEADS if you like sung/spoken lyrics and funky/rock/vaudeville type of songs.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 2, 2016 02:17

treaclefingers
Hairball
BamaStone

Yes it IS great.

hyperbole much?

I thought by writing imo it would be clear that this was JUST MY OPINION.
Not saying you have to agree (which obviously you don't), but personally I stand by exactly what I wrote.
Crosseyed Heart is a masterpiece!

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: April 2, 2016 02:30

Man this is exciting, I loved reading that article. Thank you for posting it. I absolutely loved Keith's album, and I have no doubt the new Stones album will be amazing too!

Date: April 2, 2016 03:17

'Crosseyed Heart' is certainly way more interesting ( to me), and digs deeper than ABB. Which was very much a Mick demo album. I can see how many folks see the final ingredient of the songs, the lead vocals, as a weakness on CH.
What I'm hoping for is something organic like Keith's album with the Jaggerizations, which will lift it to greatness.

Date: April 3, 2016 09:56

Palace Revolution 2000
'Crosseyed Heart' is certainly way more interesting ( to me), and digs deeper than ABB. Which was very much a Mick demo album. I can see how many folks see the final ingredient of the songs, the lead vocals, as a weakness on CH.
What I'm hoping for is something organic like Keith's album with the Jaggerizations, which will lift it to greatness.

I always said so. ABB is a Mick's solo album with 2 poor Keith's solo songs (Infamy and TPIE).

Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Date: April 3, 2016 10:01

I hope that new album is quite different from ABB or Doom and Gloom.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 3, 2016 11:33

I'm afraid albums (CD:s or LP:s) these days aren't what they used to be. Now, it's very much about Spotify- and radio rotation.
And bear in mind, the biggest "Rolling Stones" hit the latest decades is "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera!

Here it is. And I couldn't help noticing one of the comments which said "Who listens to this in 2016?"...: [www.youtube.com]

Date: April 5, 2016 01:26

Hairball
treaclefingers
Hairball
BamaStone

Yes it IS great.

hyperbole much?

I thought by writing imo it would be clear that this was JUST MY OPINION.
Not saying you have to agree (which obviously you don't), but personally I stand by exactly what I wrote.
Crosseyed Heart is a masterpiece!

hey man...I was just asking a question!

Posted by: HamburgerToGo ()
Date: April 5, 2016 05:20

PLEASE - Quit-Yer-Bitchin'.
It will Be whatever it Is.

...and Keith's CY was Nice.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home