Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: February 24, 2016 17:55

People will never get tired of the Stones. If they come to a major city there will always be enough people to sell out a huge venue, especially now - when every time could be the last time. So nobody wants to miss the occasion. If the Stones have a new album out or not is totally unimportant.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 24, 2016 18:04

Green Lady
Here's what Mick was listening to in Uruguay (thanks, Cristiano). Would be interesting to hear something like this show up:

[www.youtube.com]

Something like that has already turned up; it was called Sympathy for The Devil.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 24, 2016 18:20

@HMS
Yes, but come back in US and Europe with new stuff is like a "Point of Honor" for the Stones you know!?Having a new "Concept" and touring with it, is a stimulating experience especially if there will be the same or similar to "Exhibitionism"...It will be "A Biggest Bang" really!!!thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 24, 2016 18:33

The tours should continue to evolve, even if at a slower pace than earlier decades. The expected new album would have an impact if they choose to promote the album on tour.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 24, 2016 18:44

Maindefender
The tours should continue to evolve, even if at a slower pace than earlier decades. The expected new album would have an impact if they choose to promote the album on tour.

Agreed - there has to be some difference otherwise it could be labled the "same old song and dance" tour.
Many diehards would go no matter what, but the casual fan might shake their head and think why bother - been there done that.

Looking forward to something new coming to Los Angeles - no matter how insignificant it is.
Best case scenario would be a new album.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 3, 2016 14:34

Lien originally posted the video below in a dedicated thread. I am re-posting it here because At 12:15-12:35, Mick confirms post Ole recording plans.

"We’ve been in the studio, just before Christmas. We were cutting some new tracks, and no doubt when this is all finished, at the end of the Spring, we’ll do some more." smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: March 3, 2016 14:39

Give that knife a little twist!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 3, 2016 14:41

Plink
Lien originally posted the video below in a dedicated thread. I am re-posting it here because At 12:15-12:35, Mick confirms post Ole recording plans.

"We’ve been in the studio, just before Christmas. We were cutting some new tracks, and no doubt when this is all finished, at the end of the Spring, we’ll do some more." smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley

smileys with beer
Can't wait! C'mon Stones...let's rock'n'roll!!

Date: March 3, 2016 14:50

HMS

Smile! smiling smiley I have it on very good authority that they're working on Dirty Work Part Deux grinning smiley

Date: March 3, 2016 14:53

HMS

Not one more! winking smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 3, 2016 15:03

What about, for instance, four or five songs from the coming album included in setlists after its release, and throughout alternating which four or five songs ? Such variation would make it wishable and important to see not only one live concert, but, ideally, even quite many.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: March 3, 2016 16:18

KRiffhard
Plink

smileys with beer
Can't wait! C'mon Stones...let's rock'n'roll!!
thumbs up

Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: March 4, 2016 03:41

The Rolling Stones have had a long and fabulous music career with great songs and concert tours. It would be fitting if the new album would have another "Satisfaction" type of song. We can only hope that Mick and Keith can reach down into their music roots and write that kind of song. Otherwise, I thank the Rolling Stones for all the great music and memories over the years. It's Only Rock and Roll but I Like It!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 4, 2016 07:47

Maindefender
With all the free time between show dates in SA could Mick and Keith still be working on the album as we speak?

Do you mean now or later? What if no one is speaking? What if when people are speaking Mick and Keith are sleeping?

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: March 4, 2016 07:49

I still think it will be the best thing since Tattoo You.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 4, 2016 08:04

HMS
People will never get tired of the Stones. If they come to a major city there will always be enough people to sell out a huge venue, especially now - when every time could be the last time. So nobody wants to miss the occasion. If the Stones have a new album out or not is totally unimportant.

You're probably right. But in the past they've had just a few poorly attended shows. I was at the show this article talks about and it sure didn't look like 32,000 people were there. I remember hearing that it was closer to 21,000.

38,000 seats available. What a joke.

[articles.baltimoresun.com]

Date: March 4, 2016 17:17

Socrates1

I don't know...but we expect something better than Doom and Gloom or Sweet Neo Con.

Date: March 4, 2016 17:40

GasLightStreet
Maindefender
With all the free time between show dates in SA could Mick and Keith still be working on the album as we speak?

Do you mean now or later? What if no one is speaking? What if when people are speaking Mick and Keith are sleeping?

Good for you GLS winking smiley

Posted by: BreakingBlues ()
Date: March 4, 2016 19:04

KRiffhard
Socrates1

I don't know...but we expect something better than Doom and Gloom or Sweet Neo Con.

Man, why is everyone always ragging on Doom and Gloom... that's a very good song IMO, unlike the generic and boring SNC.

But either way I'm probably not going to be buying this upcoming album until/unless songs have been released to Youtube.

----------------------------------------

"I hope you didn't record any of this""No I didn't"

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 4, 2016 19:25

Funny how people read things differently. I have been reading quotes from Mick to the press for 40+ years. It seems to me that that statement -- we have cut a few tracks and plan to cut some more at some unspecified time in the future -- is his way of saying don't really expect a new album anytime soon but at the same time leaving things open so people can hope.

Date: March 4, 2016 19:53

Rokyfan
Funny how people read things differently. I have been reading quotes from Mick to the press for 40+ years. It seems to me that that statement -- we have cut a few tracks and plan to cut some more at some unspecified time in the future -- is his way of saying don't really expect a new album anytime soon but at the same time leaving things open so people can hope.

Interesting perception.

Here is what Mick said, verbatim:
"We’ve been in the studio, just before Christmas. We were cutting some new tracks, and no doubt when this is all finished, at the end of the Spring, we’ll do some more."

Note the phrases "no doubt" and "end of spring" - rather specific, no?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-04 19:55 by Plink.

Date: March 4, 2016 21:20

Recording sessions:
- ca. 3rd - 16th December 2015: London, Metropolis Studios (unconfirmed);
- next sessions at the end of the Spring.
Title: ?
Lable: ?
Release date: september/october?
Producer: Chris Kimsey or Don Was?
Tracklist: ?
(they recorded some originals and some blues standards)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-04 21:20 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 4, 2016 23:04

Plink
Rokyfan

Interesting perception.

Here is what Mick said, verbatim:
"We’ve been in the studio, just before Christmas. We were cutting some new tracks, and no doubt when this is all finished, at the end of the Spring, we’ll do some more."

Note the phrases "no doubt" and "end of spring" - rather specific, no?

yes, very specific, but nothing about a new album, just going into the studio and recording tracks.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: March 5, 2016 14:17

Guys this is a great news!
Finally Mick talked about the new album, so they have some new tracks. Moreover they recorded some originals and some blues standards. I'm very happy about that.

Why this topic is not in evidence?

Ok they are in tour now, but this is the same situation of Black and Blue Sessions while they vere on tour in USA.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 5, 2016 14:40

KRiffhard
Recording sessions:

Waiting on Ronnie to speak about it, although he probably is summoned to keep his mouth shut by Mick.
jagger

Date: March 5, 2016 14:56

corriecas
KRiffhard
Recording sessions:

Waiting on Ronnie to speak about it, although he probably is summoned to keep his mouth shut by Mick.
jagger

...no news, no insiders, no sources, no rumours. Nothing!

Date: March 8, 2016 21:41

pepganzo
Guys this is a great news!
Finally Mick talked about the new album, so they have some new tracks. Moreover they recorded some originals and some blues standards. I'm very happy about that.

Why this topic is not in evidence?

Ok they are in tour now, but this is the same situation of Black and Blue Sessions while they vere on tour in USA.

thumbs up

new stones album
Posted by: mkbbci ()
Date: March 8, 2016 21:30

regarding the new stones album,i wonder what my fellow stones fans think of this idea.they could record 8 new songs.then record another8 blues covers that they never recorded in the studio,eg,reeling and rocking,can,t turn you loose,cracking up,etc.call the album exhibitionism,and maybe start the new tour in early september when the album is released.

Re: new stones album
Date: March 8, 2016 21:34

I like the title exhibitionism.

Re: new stones album
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 8, 2016 21:38

mkbbci

regarding the new stones album,i wonder what my fellow stones fans think of this idea.

See here: [www.iorr.org] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home