Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 147
Re: Keith Richards: New Rolling Stones Record Coming Next Year
Posted by: novica ()
Date: December 16, 2015 09:29

Nate
My source is the best you can get.

It's obvious where I got this information from when I say my source is the best you can get.

The Rolling Stones are in the studio making a new album.

Nate

thanks Nate !!!smileys with beer

Posted by: novica ()
Date: December 16, 2015 09:43

well people,
i think it's time for one of these babies
to see them at work !!! winking smileywinking smileywinking smileywinking smileywinking smiley

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: December 16, 2015 10:47

Nate
My source is the best you can get.

It's obvious where I got this information from when I say my source is the best you can get.

The Rolling Stones are in the studio making a new album.

Nate

If I remember correctly you gave 100% accurate info about South America source from the same "street" source a few months ago, so I believe you 100%. Thanks for the heads-up and creating the pre-Christmas Stones buzz.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 16, 2015 10:58

novica
well people,
to see them at work !!! winking smileywinking smileywinking smileywinking smileywinking smiley

smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 16, 2015 12:05

My source is one of 4 people
I think you all know what that means.

Nate thumbs up

Date: December 16, 2015 12:35

Nate

Nate thumbs up

thumbs up

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 16, 2015 12:40

novica

well people,

Caution - it could end up with this tool:

winking smiley

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: December 16, 2015 12:50

Nate

Nate thumbs up

I think we know.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 16, 2015 12:59

thecitadel
Nate

Nate thumbs up

I think we know.

I think we do tooooo.....cool smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 16, 2015 13:11

latebloomer
thecitadel
Nate

Nate thumbs up

I think we know.

I think we do tooooo.....cool smiley

I know I don't know......eye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley. But that's okay....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 16, 2015 13:35

Thank you for the great information Nate. One of four! Pease say hello for me and best wishes making the album. Can't wait to hear it.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: December 16, 2015 13:58

frankotero
Thank you for the great information Nate. One of four! Pease say hello for me and best wishes making the album. Can't wait to hear it.

+1

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 16, 2015 16:47

KRiffhard
Rocky Dijon
While I understand the reason for respect and privacy, the studio in question is one of their regular haunts in London and has been for 25 years now. It shouldn't have been an unexpected choice. What we don't know is whether they're simply dubbing onto Jagger's existing demos or if this is the early stage (where they frequently work without a producer) where they just rehearse new material and see if the songs work or not and if creative juices are flowing and the Twins are being harmonious. Time will tell. If they're starting from scratch and not doing a sponge job to replace Mick's Pro Tools work with Matt Clifford, we should expect Keith ad Ronnie to claim they ran through 40 or 50 new songs and then Mick will say they were just bits of songs lasting less than a minute apiece.

It's all about the quality of Jagger's demos.

KRiffhard, how could you not get what Rocky was saying? Especially If they're starting from scratch and not doing a sponge job to replace Mick's Pro Tools work with Matt Clifford, we should expect Keith ad Ronnie to claim they ran through 40 or 50 new songs and then Mick will say they were just bits of songs lasting less than a minute apiece ?

Date: December 16, 2015 16:48

24FPS
Lorenz
Great news indeed. I'm hoping they will take Keith's new album as an inspiration.

God I hope not. That was a really aimless work, the worst of the Winos three albums. Hell, Bill's album was better.

How absurd. CROSSEYED HEART is an incredible album. If the Stones did anything remotely like it it wold be incredible.

Date: December 16, 2015 16:51

I would love to come to Argentina with a new song , but I see very difficult.

Sergiosad smiley

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: December 16, 2015 17:27

buenosairesstones
I would love to come to Argentina with a new song , but I see very difficult.

Sergiosad smiley

If they are truly recording, I expect they'll turn around something fairly quickly. This is not the normal pattern of "record in the winter, release late summer, and North American tour starting in fall."

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 16, 2015 17:42

...As soon as possible it will be June...But I think September with a North American major cities Tour!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: December 16, 2015 17:46

GasLightStreet
24FPS
Lorenz
Great news indeed. I'm hoping they will take Keith's new album as an inspiration.

God I hope not. That was a really aimless work, the worst of the Winos three albums. Hell, Bill's album was better.

How absurd. CROSSEYED HEART is an incredible album. If the Stones did anything remotely like it it wold be incredible.

No, it wouldn´t. Crosseyed Heart is a very good Keith-Richards-album, but the material would mostly not work for the Stones (Jagger).

They way Keith writes for his solo-albums often unfits Mick´s way of singing. Besides there are too many ballads on CH, Keith can do that, but not the Stones, their fans would be disappointed and would call it boooooooooooooooring. There have to be things like Doom And Gloom on the new album to satisfy and please the fans. Drums pounding, guitars screaming, Mick growling and snarling.

Date: December 16, 2015 17:56

HMS, somehow yet again you miss the point. You refusal to understand is old.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 16, 2015 18:03

GasLightStreet
24FPS
Lorenz

hyperbola skippy

Date: December 16, 2015 18:04

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
24FPS
Lorenz

hyperbola skippy

Accurate is what it is.

Date: December 16, 2015 18:09

HMS
GasLightStreet
24FPS
Lorenz

No, it wouldn´t. Crosseyed Heart is a very good Keith-Richards-album, but the material would mostly not work for the Stones (Jagger).

They way Keith writes for his solo-albums often unfits Mick´s way of singing. Besides there are too many ballads on CH, Keith can do that, but not the Stones, their fans would be disappointed and would call it boooooooooooooooring. There have to be things like Doom And Gloom on the new album to satisfy and please the fans. Drums pounding, guitars screaming, Mick growling and snarling.

thumbs up
Less ballads, more Open G!

Date: December 16, 2015 18:13

It isn´t incredible, it´s just a solid effort, better than expected. But it never could have been a Stones-album as long as the singer of the Stones is Mick Jagger. In no way one can imagine Mick singing the songs from CH. These songs are just not suited for him. He couldn´t sing that stuff, even if he wanted to.

Date: December 16, 2015 18:19

HMS
It isn´t incredible, it´s just a solid effort, better than expected. But it never could have been a Stones-album as long as the singer of the Stones is Mick Jagger. In no way one can imagine Mick singing the songs from CH. These songs are just not suited for him. He couldn´t sing that stuff, even if he wanted to.

And, which is probably not needed to be said, once again you don't understand anything.

It's astounding how you can not simply grasp what was said.

Date: December 16, 2015 18:29

Then please explain that poor soul what´s it all about.

Date: December 16, 2015 18:38

HMS

It's not necessary. You wouldn't understand anyway. Any why should you? You've been very clear about what you think is good. So forget it. For the Stones to make something as good as what CROSSEYED HEART is is out of the question indeed - it would require too much effort.

They need to stick to making something more... easy and down the middle, the kind of thing you're talking about, which is in line with STEEL WHEELS - VOODOO LOUNGE - BRIDGES TO BABYLON - A BIGGER BANG are far as the result go.

Which isn't terrible or bad overall, it's just not as good or interesting as CROSSEYED HEART.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 16, 2015 19:05

I think the best chance for a really good Stones album is if Mick can find his inner Keith side…..and that's not an attempt to slam Mick

Date: December 16, 2015 19:27

GasLightStreet
HMS

STEEL WHEELS - VOODOO LOUNGE - BRIDGES TO BABYLON - A BIGGER BANG are far as the result go.

Which isn't terrible or bad overall, it's just not as good or interesting as CROSSEYED HEART.

With all of their huge amount of terrible fillers on it, above mentioned Stones-albums all have some glorious highlights that outshine even the best tracks on Keith´s CH. The quality of CH is overall decent - the only real filler being that awful Goodnight Irene - but it also has no real outstanding highlights like these Stones-albums have. You dont find songs like Flip The Switch, Gunface, Mixed Emotions, Break The Spell, Hold On To Your Hat, Hearts For Sale, Driving Too Fast, Look What The Cat, Rough Justice, Oh No Not You Again, Brand New Car, Moon Is Up, Mean Dispositon or Love Is Strong on CH. All you find is decent material, it´s good to listen to most of the time but nothing to get excited about, like for instance Doom And Gloom or One Hit To The Body.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-16 19:30 by HMS.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 16, 2015 19:33

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
24FPS
Lorenz

hyperbola skippy

Accurate is what it is.

I'm with Gaslight, but of course just an opinion.

If the Stones did anything remotely like CH it wold be absolutely incredible.
As a matter of fact (according to my opinion cool smiley ) if the Stones did anything like CH in the last 30+ years, they'd have much more respect as far as their studio catalogue is concerned.
Most everyone (except HMS) trashes most everything post '81, and there's good reason why - the records stink for the most part. Aside from Keith's solo albums, and the odd Stones tune here and there, there really hasn't been much to write home about. I can't even come up with enough Stones songs from this latter 30+ period to make a decent album. Sad but true, but there's always hope - albeit very little at this point. If they do miraculously come up with a modern day classic, I'll be cheering the loudest and will be the happiest Stones fan on earth!
In the meantime, I'm just thankful Keith gave us the quality most of us had been hoping for throughout these dark ages - real honest to goodness music.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 16, 2015 19:42

Nate: Did you say the source was the best you can get?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home