Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 147
Re: The Rolling Stones are recording their first album in 10 years right now.
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 10, 2015 22:15

Cristiano Radtke
I found this pic earlier today, which was taken 5 days ago in a London studio nearby the Olympic. Any thoughts?

Rehearsal time. #recording #music #westlondonrecordingstudio

Nice shot but considering the drum kit doesn't appear to be Charlie's, the guitar rig (with pedals) not Keith or Ronnies and the bass rig not Darryls I'd say it's not a space set up for the Stones.

They mostly use small vintage amps in the studio. And Charlie's drum kit is pretty easily recognizable.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: December 10, 2015 22:18

Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke
I found this pic earlier today, which was taken 5 days ago in a London studio nearby the Olympic. Any thoughts?

Nice shot but considering the drum kit doesn't appear to be Charlie's, the guitar rig (with pedals) not Keith or Ronnies and the bass rig not Darryls I'd say it's not a space set up for the Stones.

They mostly use small vintage amps in the studio. And Charlie's drum kit is pretty easily recognizable.

Maybe mick is playing all the instruments on this album?

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: December 10, 2015 22:23

Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke

Good one Sherlock!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 10, 2015 23:48

duke richardson
Hairball
Turner68
Is there a rumor that MJ has officially taken over Bass playing duties in the studio? But Keith will get 1-2 songs per album where he plays bass.

I thought I heard a rumor that Mick is laying down acoustic guitar tracks with cheap Thrift store bought guitars, and once done he donates them back.

its not what you play, but what you play...

That's pretty much what Mick said recently regarding guitars in general (which I disagree with as most guitar players would)- to paraphrase: "makes no no difference what kind of guitar, and I have no sentimental attachment towards them'. I suppose that's because he's basically not a guitar player in the same sense as Keith, Ronnie, or MT (he basically bashes away at a few chords here and there), it probably doesn't make a difference to him. He then went on to say he's more interested in worshiping, collecting, and cataloging his wardrobe. eye rolling smiley

-------------------------------------------------------

ahh - Found in the 'Exhibionism' thread:

‘I don’t care about guitars at all, there’s no sentiment for me in guitars. I mean it’s all b******* – each one is the same as the next one.

'All that “you have to have this one” – it’s all c**p. I’m not an audiophile – it doesn’t make any difference what guitar you play. It’s what you play that counts.

‘I mean, we have them there and a lot of people love them. Keith loves them. But if anyone is asking, I’m being honest, guitars were never my thing.

'The thing I had an attachment to was the clothes – they were my markers, they to me were the reflection of us going through all those different times... I kept the clothes.’

At least he's being honest in saying 'guitars were never my thing' when referring to guitar quality/preference/ sound, etc, but he should also be referring to his skills at playing them as well imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-10 23:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 11, 2015 00:03

Cristiano Radtke

me no see-um.

Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: December 11, 2015 00:12

Oh, let the title of this thread be true.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 11, 2015 00:38

tumbled
Cristiano Radtke

me no see-um.

The person or ghost is visible in the lower part of the first panel to the right
in front of the red cover. When you blow it up it doesn't look much like Keith.
Maybe it's Brian's ghost...haha

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 11, 2015 00:43

Dark Horse 77
Oh, let the title of this thread be true.

thumbs up ..., maybe a little change... The Rolling Stones Are Recording Their First Album In 10 Years...Is It Raining In LONDON At The Moment?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-11 00:45 by RipThisBone.

Date: December 11, 2015 01:03

swimtothemoon
tumbled
Cristiano Radtke

me no see-um.

The person or ghost is visible in the lower part of the first panel to the right
in front of the red cover. When you blow it up it doesn't look much like Keith.
Maybe it's Brian's ghost...haha

He's bald..

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: December 11, 2015 02:06

You can see an image in the glass.

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: December 11, 2015 02:47

It's fantastic to hear that they are back in the studio.. It's been a long 10 years since ABB (the album had it's moments but too few IMO) I do hope as I'm sure we all do that they can find some of that creative spark that used to burn so brightly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-11 02:47 by MrTurner.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: December 11, 2015 02:50

MrTurner
It's fantastic to hear that they are back in the studio.. It's been a long 10 years since ABB (the album had it's moments but too few IMO) I do hope as I'm sure we all do that they can find some of that creative spark that used to burn so brightly.

although i had assumed it was about a woman, perhaps this is what "has anybody seen my baby" was really referring to...

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: December 11, 2015 02:59

Turner68
MrTurner

although i had assumed it was about a woman, perhaps this is what "has anybody seen my baby" was really referring to...

Good one - yes that could indeed be true!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 11, 2015 05:30

Hairball
duke richardson
Hairball
Turner68
Is there a rumor that MJ has officially taken over Bass playing duties in the studio? But Keith will get 1-2 songs per album where he plays bass.

I thought I heard a rumor that Mick is laying down acoustic guitar tracks with cheap Thrift store bought guitars, and once done he donates them back.

its not what you play, but what you play...

That's pretty much what Mick said recently regarding guitars in general (which I disagree with as most guitar players would)- to paraphrase: "makes no no difference what kind of guitar, and I have no sentimental attachment towards them'. I suppose that's because he's basically not a guitar player in the same sense as Keith, Ronnie, or MT (he basically bashes away at a few chords here and there), it probably doesn't make a difference to him. He then went on to say he's more interested in worshiping, collecting, and cataloging his wardrobe. eye rolling smiley

-------------------------------------------------------

ahh - Found in the 'Exhibionism' thread:

‘I don’t care about guitars at all, there’s no sentiment for me in guitars. I mean it’s all b******* – each one is the same as the next one.

'All that “you have to have this one” – it’s all c**p. I’m not an audiophile – it doesn’t make any difference what guitar you play. It’s what you play that counts.

‘I mean, we have them there and a lot of people love them. Keith loves them. But if anyone is asking, I’m being honest, guitars were never my thing.

'The thing I had an attachment to was the clothes – they were my markers, they to me were the reflection of us going through all those different times... I kept the clothes.’

At least he's being honest in saying 'guitars were never my thing' when referring to guitar quality/preference/ sound, etc, but he should also be referring to his skills at playing them as well imo.

Jagger is more of a... how on EARTH could one not even respect guitars? No wonder Keith bashes his playing - Mick is a prick about guitars!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 11, 2015 05:33

So no proof outside of some UK website or whatever that says next to nothing about the Stones recording a new LP.

Wonderful.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 11, 2015 07:52

Maybe Bye Bye Johnny will post a photo?

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: December 11, 2015 08:02

Bill has not been invited to the sessions. But I have it on good authority that the new album's first single will be a cover of Wyman's 'Je suis un Rockstar featuring Mick Taylor on trumpet.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: December 11, 2015 08:06

Proof? Just Mick Jagger saying they were.

Date: December 11, 2015 08:20

Is there any truth to the rumor that k.d. lang's mother will collaborate with the Stones via telephone? And I think Brian Jones is long overdue a writing credit even if they have to lie about it. But there's gotta be something of his in the vault. Plus he's the perfect fall guy if the album turns out to be a dud like ABB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-11 08:20 by Swayed1967.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: December 11, 2015 08:23

Proof #2? It's in The Sun - must be true.

Love this bit: Their studio sessions come days after I revealed guitarist Ronnie is set to become a dad to twins at 68 with wife Sally Humphreys who is 31 years his junior. Friends say it was this news that inspired the band to record together.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Date: December 11, 2015 08:54

Friends say Ronnie is hopeful that a song he recently wrote to celebrate his pending fatherhood - ‘I Still Have Wood’ – will receive Mick’s stamp of approval for inclusion on the new album.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: December 11, 2015 09:31

DeanGoodman
Proof #2? It's in The Sun - must be true.

Love this bit: Their studio sessions come days after I revealed guitarist Ronnie is set to become a dad to twins at 68 with wife Sally Humphreys who is 31 years his junior. Friends say it was this news that inspired the band to record together.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Ahhh...now it is starting to make sense. They are recording a children's album inspired in part by Ronnie's newly-minted twins as well as Keith's recent kiddie book and Mick's nubile ballerina gal-pal. At least we know they won't be doing a Christmas album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-11 10:24 by TornAndFried.

Re: Keith Richards: New Rolling Stones Record Coming Next Year
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 11, 2015 12:14

I hope that Don Was is not in London these days...smiling bouncing smiley

Date: December 11, 2015 13:05

GasLightStreet
So no proof outside of some UK website or whatever that says next to nothing about the Stones recording a new LP.

Wonderful.

They are the masters of that: Creating hype and excitement without leaving proof of doing anything...

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: December 11, 2015 15:39

this is a hoax - MT plays the trombone not the trumpet.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 11, 2015 15:51

KRiffhard
I hope that Don Was is not in London these days...smiling bouncing smiley

Or maybe Don Is was not. smoking smiley

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: December 11, 2015 16:36

[www.dnaindia.com]
"American rock band the Rolling Stones are recording ..... " what is the world coming to ?

Sent from my iPad

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: December 11, 2015 19:30

They are at Rampart Studios Battersea

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 11, 2015 19:52

BILLPERKS
Excellent.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 11, 2015 19:52

BILLPERKS

Hi BP, i was sure at Olympic Studios...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home