Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 147
Re: Keith Richards: New Rolling Stones Record Coming Next Year
Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 20, 2015 07:53

DandelionPowderman
Cheer up, LongBeachArena72, there will be something for everyone in the future..

Really? Is Bowie getting the Spiders from Mars back together?

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 20, 2015 07:55

HMS
LongBeachArena72
Just need to find a way to keep that Jagger guy out of the studio.

Send him a russian ballerina.

Brilliant, HMS! The way is now cleared for THE ROLLING STONES (Richards, Watts, Wood) PRESENT: CROSSEYED HEART II.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: September 20, 2015 09:07

audun-eg
Jack White is a joke. Rick Rubin would have been awesome, but I don't see that happening.

What about Danger Mouse? I really like what he did with Norah Jones, Jack White (Rome album), Black keys and even Broken Bells.

Stones to Record New Album Before Christmas?
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 20, 2015 00:51

Keith Richards: Rolling Stones May Start to Record New Album Before Christmas
by Alyssa Ladzinski Sep 17, 2015

Keith Richards has revealed that the Rolling Stones recently assembled for a meeting in London where they secured "definite plans" to record and release a new studio album.

Richards first debuted the big news in an interview with iHeartRadio and further commented on the announcement to Rolling Stone. "[A new album] looks closer," he said. "Don't know where, don't know when yet ...We had a little chat. We were just saying, 'We gotta get in the studio right? Right?' 'That's agreed. Okay, boys, that's agreed.' Where, when - [we] scratch our heads."

It's still unknown, however, when exactly the group will create time in their schedules to meet in the studio and craft their latest project. "I would say off the top of my head after the South American tour in February," Richards said. "But you never know. We might try to get into the studio before Christmas. I think that's sort of doubtful, with Christmas being Christmas, all that buildup. But at the same time, it's definitely in the works."

The Rolling Stones haven't put fourth new music since 2005's A Bigger Bang--in their older age, such a time gap isn't so shocking, but if any group has the resilience and the willpower to keep recording, it's the rock 'n' roll quartet.

Earlier in the year, Mick Jagger seemed uncertain when discussing the possibility of spending time back in the studio "It would be very nice and I've got a lot of new songs and songs I've written over the last couple of years," he said. "I've done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. So, let's hope so."

Article Link

Re: Stones to Record New Album Before Christmas?
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 20, 2015 00:55

He didn't say Christmas of this year

Re: Stones to Record New Album Before Christmas?
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 20, 2015 01:06

Santa make him hurry, tell him he can take the freeway down.

Stones to record new album
Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: September 24, 2015 11:52

I told you so.

Re: Stones to record new album
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 24, 2015 11:56

your message from 2004 just arrived on the forum here... how weird is that?

;-)

Re: Stones to record new album
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 24, 2015 12:03

SackofBrokenEggs
I told you so.

...when?! I don't remember!

Any rumors about possible studio sessions?
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 27, 2015 22:22

last month Keith said that he talk with the "boys" in London and that there was "definite plans" to record a new album, he said that he might try to get into the studio before Christmas...What is your point of view about some possible studio sessions happening before the end of the year?!

Re: Any rumors about possible studio sessions?
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 00:32

i have always taken these things with a pinch of salt, the stones dont really show much studio interest and havent for a long time, which is a pity really as they could potentially still come up with some good stuff. hopefully it will happen but i wont get my hopes up.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 28, 2015 00:49

EddieByword posted this very interesting info on this thread:

"I just had a letter from a friend of mine who went to the Cheltenham book festival and heard Ron talking....

Ron said......that "the Stones would be back in the studio before the end of the year to start work on a new album but at the moment there no plans to play the UK next year"........."

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 28, 2015 00:49

As I said in the Cheltenham Festival thread today.........

I just had a letter from a friend of mine who went to the Cheltenham book festival and heard Ron talking....

Ron said......that "the Stones would be back in the studio before the end of the year to start work on a new album but at the moment there no plans to play the UK next year"........

lol, Christiano.........snap

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-28 00:50 by EddieByword.

Date: October 28, 2015 12:08

8 Mick's solo demos and 2 Keith's ballads.
sad smiley

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 12:20

hahahahahahahhaha yeaaaaahhhhh KRiffhard ! I have little hope for a new album of high-level The Rolling Stones ...Keith should finish his career with winos would be much better!!! go winos go

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 13:25

EddieByword
As I said in the Cheltenham Festival thread today.........

I just had a letter from a friend of mine who went to the Cheltenham book festival and heard Ron talking....

Ron said......that "the Stones would be back in the studio before the end of the year to start work on a new album but at the moment there no plans to play the UK next year"........

lol, Christiano.........snap

Do people still write letters? I guess the sort of people that attend the Cheltenham book festival do winking smiley Anyway very nice of your friend to put quill to parchment and alert you of the impending Rolling Stones Phonogram.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-28 13:26 by Roll73.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 28, 2015 13:54

Mick and Keith probably cant stand each other but if they try to just found some new common ground then maybe they could pull it off. Change the scenery, bring in a new producer, bring in Mick Taylor. And Ronnie. Hopefully Bill. But dont just repeat the same thing again. Dont make a new Stones album, record something else. Mick doesnt have to be Peter Pan and Keith doesnt have to be the old laughing rocker. And for the love of God; Keiths strength doesnt lie in playing hard and loud on an open G tuned tele (same goes for Mick). Micks secret is making the vocals part of the music, not separate.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 28, 2015 14:32

Redhotcarpet
Mick and Keith probably cant stand each other

confused smiley

Date: October 28, 2015 14:51

Koen
Redhotcarpet
Mick and Keith probably cant stand each other

confused smiley

Imo it's a simple human endurance!! There is no friendship for a long time.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 28, 2015 14:56

Imo, there is absolutely zero hope for Taylor or Wyman participating. Taylor was just a tour-gimmick and Wyman isn´t gone more than 20 years ago to come back now at the age of almost 80. Especially after they treated him in rather humiliating ways in 2012.

What good for would Taylor be? Ronnie is now playing better than ever, there is no work for Taylor except tuning Ronnie´s guitars.

Stylistically a new album will be the same as it ever was in the last three decades. Old dogs refuse to learn new tricks. Have a look at their concert-setlists and you see how adventurous the Stones are. We will be lucky if we get an album musically somewhere between B2B & ABB with the additon of some CH-flavor.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 28, 2015 14:57

there is friendship like you wouldn't believe there, with all of them.

but of course, many squabbles. that's human.

we can't know, but after all they've been through, its friendship to the end..

smiling smiley

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: October 28, 2015 15:01

KRiffhard
8 Mick's solo demos and 2 Keith's ballads.
sad smiley

oh, don't be so pessimistic, I hope for 8 Mick's solo demos, 2 Winos' outtakes with Jagger singing to them and 2 Keith's ballads

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 28, 2015 15:08

oh my...

>>What good for would Taylor be? Ronnie is now playing better than ever, there is no work for Taylor except tuning Ronnie´s guitars. <<

you have obviously not been listening much to either Ronnie or Mick Taylor..

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 28, 2015 15:12

Listening to Sticky Fingers Live is living proof that the Stones do not need another guitar-player. Ronnie is on top of his game.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 28, 2015 15:14

"If" it should happen l don't have much hope for anything out of the ordinary,a few by the numbers rockers and a few ballads,the well has been dried for a long time,but we can hope.....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 28, 2015 15:19

There is a point where a new LP could be "relevant" in terms of THERE'S NO GOOD REASON WHY. It doesn't matter. Other than "hey, wow, look man, we can still do it". If that's all they got, it's all they got.

Whatever. It just doesn't matter. It hasn't mattered for quite some time. Would I buy it? Of course. But that's beside the point. That's just being a fan. Casual fans, the ones the set lists are done for, the HOT ROCKS-REWIND crowd, will not buy it.

It's even more irrelevant considering they'll probably name a tour for it as well as basically ignore it on the tour it's named after.

Like the last one.

One could almost laugh at the aspect that they could release yet another greatest hits compilation and... people would buy it.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 15:53

A Bigger Bang's been out for 10 odd years - Crosseyed Heart for a couple of months.

I've listened to CH at least 3 times as much in the last month as I have ABB in 10 years.

This isn't a maths question - just an observation. Either that's reason to be hopeful or to think - should they even bother?

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: October 28, 2015 16:47

Roll73
A Bigger Bang's been out for 10 odd years - Crosseyed Heart for a couple of months.

I've listened to CH at least 3 times as much in the last month as I have ABB in 10 years.

This isn't a maths question - just an observation. Either that's reason to be hopeful or to think - should they even bother?

Fine that you enjoy Crosseyed Heart - which I have listened to three or four times. It's not a bad album, but it suffers from Keith's limitations as a vocalist. For decades his vocal-tracks has been the weakest spots. A whole record featuring Keith is simply way too much. ABB was uneven but tops Crosseyed Heart in every aspect, even Keith's songs on ABB are better. I have heard ABB hundres of times.
I for one will look forward to the new album"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-28 21:27 by GetYerAngie.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 28, 2015 22:19

They are both great albums.The only difference is that Keef's album contains no album fillers.Every track on Crosseyed Heart is a gem,and vocally Keef is as strong as ever.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 28, 2015 22:25

HMS
Imo, there is absolutely zero hope for Taylor or Wyman participating. Taylor was just a tour-gimmick and Wyman isn´t gone more than 20 years ago to come back now at the age of almost 80. Especially after they treated him in rather humiliating ways in 2012.

What good for would Taylor be? Ronnie is now playing better than ever, there is no work for Taylor except tuning Ronnie´s guitars.

Stylistically a new album will be the same as it ever was in the last three decades. Old dogs refuse to learn new tricks. Have a look at their concert-setlists and you see how adventurous the Stones are. We will be lucky if we get an album musically somewhere between B2B & ABB with the additon of some CH-flavor.

Yeah I know but I honestly, yes really, honestly hope they change the formula this time. I dont know how but make it a project, travel somewhere, leave everything and just try to do something from scratch. Bury the vocals. Buy a cheap recording device. Use acoustics. Pretend youre not the Rolling Stones for a month and see what happens.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home