Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 147
Re: True? Keith confirms new Stones record
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 17, 2015 22:36

In another interview he mentioned that his band-mates do not want to work after a tour... so the situation seems to be a bit complicated and confusing...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 17, 2015 22:44

In the interview with Jim Kerr on iHeart Radio, he said he just got back from a meeting with the boys in London last week and there will definitely be a new Stones record. Obviously they all talked about it and agreed it was their intention to make it happen. Don't think you can get any clearer message about it from Keith. I imagine we will hear something similar from Mick once all this Keith mania dies down a bit.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 17, 2015 22:58

I want a new album...and a new producer.
Please, stop with Don Was. It's time to replace him.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 17, 2015 23:00

The main tingh is that a week ago they've had a meeting and that it is their intention make a new studio album!It is obvious that this album must be ready for next year(September?!)together a new worldwide "concept" Tour...So, the most natural option will be that they'll go into the studio at the end of October/early November(with the ABB sessions has been the same...)till early December and then they'll come back there in May after South American Tour and a break of a month to relax themselves...It is obvious that next year it will be a great chance come back with a Great "Concept":Exhibition + new album after eleven years + Worldwide Tour...Come back in US or in Europe with the same set-list and without new stuff would be a disappointment...

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 17, 2015 23:05

So, on this news, is one to be filled with hope or dread? Hope is them possibly recording. Dread is them making an album that sounds like the same old same old, played a few times to see if ya really dig anything on it, then shelved as you go back and listen to Hot Rocks for the umpteenth time. They don't need to do rap or hip hop or whatever is out there these days, but something beyond what seems to be the norm would be most welcome. Think back on and listen to how eclectic some of their earlier albums are. Amazing stuff then and still great listening.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 18, 2015 00:13

KRiffhard
I want a new album...and a new producer.
Please, stop with Don Was. It's time to replace him.

agreed thumbs up

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 00:24

+ 1 thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 18, 2015 01:15

Call in Jack White as producer. No current Stones, or hired stage gun, on bass. Pull in some new keyboard players. No throwaway Chuck Berrycrapola, ala Sad, Sad, Sad, etc. Keep it to 12 cuts and make them as tight as possible. Air it out, don't let studio techniques overwhelm the organic sound of the music. Ask Mick Taylor to play on a cut. Ask Bill to play on a cut. And do it nicely. Maybe this isn't the last tour, but it could be the last album. Seriously.

Re: Keith Richards: New Rolling Stones Record Coming Next Year
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 17:35

In today's USA today there is a big Keith article
He says he is "applying pressure gently" for their to be a new stones album
Makes it sound like it's not decided at all

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 18, 2015 18:00

24FPS
Call in Jack White as producer. No current Stones, or hired stage gun, on bass. Pull in some new keyboard players. No throwaway Chuck Berrycrapola, ala Sad, Sad, Sad, etc. Keep it to 12 cuts and make them as tight as possible. Air it out, don't let studio techniques overwhelm the organic sound of the music. Ask Mick Taylor to play on a cut. Ask Bill to play on a cut. And do it nicely. Maybe this isn't the last tour, but it could be the last album. Seriously.

Jack White has produced crap his whole life. This guy has no clue. And you wouldn't know who played bass of keyboards on a record unless you read the credits.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 18, 2015 18:01

More Hot Rocks
24FPS

Jack White has produced crap his whole life. This guy has no clue. And you wouldn't know who played bass of keyboards on a record unless you read the credits.

Well said MHR

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: September 18, 2015 18:02

Cooltoplady
More Hot Rocks
24FPS

Well said MHR

Yes Jack White productions are a mess. Almost a joke.

Date: September 18, 2015 18:18

ash
I hope there's a new album.
I hope there's no Don Was. I hear Glyn Johns is available.
I hope as well as writing seperately, Mick and Keith actually sit together in the same room and write a few tunes together.
I hope they stop using open G. It's a total bloody cliche and i'm sick of it.
If they do use it they should use it on a track called Stuck In A Rut.
I hope they record together in the same room without click tracks/drum samples etc..
I'd really like them to have a fresh go at Blood Red Wine and Travelling Man.
No reason they can't revisit quality old tunes that haven't been used. Better than recording something completely sub-standard.
Let me broach the subject by suggesting MT's token appearance on the album could be lead guitar on Travelling Man.

WHoever does end up producing, i hope they are able to take the band on when something's crap. Nigel Godrich did a good job on McCartney apparently telling him "that song's crap we're not doing it". About bloody time.

Being realistic, i suppose there's a chance there might at least be a new album some time but i don't hold out much hope for the rest.

Don Was go home!

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 19:16

Turner68

It may be possible that the article was written before the iHeart radio interview was conducted. After making international headlines with the announcement of a new album, I would doubt that the Stones rescind the statement.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 19:43

Bobbyb98
Turner68

It may be possible that the article was written before the iHeart radio interview was conducted. After making international headlines with the announcement of a new album, I would doubt that the Stones rescind the statement.

If i am not mistaken, it has happened before... I think Keith at least announced several tours that didn't happen. If you're right about the timing then the USA today reporter didn't do a good job.

Date: September 18, 2015 19:57

RockinJive
Cooltoplady
More Hot Rocks
24FPS

Well said MHR

Jack White is one of the few geniuses in rock, producing new sounds with the blues root still intact. He's one of the very few rock artists where I still buy the whole new CD and listen to it as a whole.

And just because your ears are dumb as far as bass is concerned, don't assume mine are. The second I first heard Plundered My Soul I knew it was Bill. But you're right, in that if it isn't Bill, it could be anybody, and they ain't good.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 18, 2015 20:11

Turner68
Bobbyb98
Turner68

If i am not mistaken, it has happened before... I think Keith at least announced several tours that didn't happen. If you're right about the timing then the USA today reporter didn't do a good job.

I was going to say -- someone could look up past keith quotes along the same lines -- but you beat me to it. He says it, he means it, but we will see what Mick wants to do. There is nothing to rescind, it is just Keith saying what he always does and, as he says, part of applying gentle pressure.

Date: September 18, 2015 22:06

I am not a big fan of Don Was and would also call for a new producer, but Jack White shouldn´t even be allowed to shine Don Was´ shoes. Jack White is a bubble created by the media. One of the most untalented musicians in the western hemisphere. Listening to his music is a total waste of time for me. Dont let him put his fingers on Stones-music. Get Rick Rubin or any other skillful guy who has the balls to call shit shit. Don Was is a yes-man, he calls everyhing they do great and so a lot of mediocre stuff ended up on the last Don-Was-produced records.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: September 19, 2015 00:08

I haven't seen a good producer suggestion on here yet, save possibly Glyn Johns, and the Stones would treat him as an engineer and his ego would get in the way. I don't know who could produce the Rolling Stones at this point, probably no one. The problem is they can't produce themselves, because Mick and Keith can't agree. Don Was acts more as a referee than anything else, he's not to blame.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 19, 2015 00:30

HMS
LongBeachArena72, would you welcome a new stones-album, if they had a singer? How did it come to this that this Mick-guy can push Keith around and humiliate him for so long? Stop this bully! Keith´ book should have been called "balled and chained".

I've already suggested a way forward: THE ROLLING STONES PRESENT: CROSSEYED HEART II w/ Keith, Ronnie, and Charlie. It can't miss! Just need to find a way to keep that Jagger guy out of the studio.

Date: September 19, 2015 00:32

KRiffhard
"Earlier this year, Mick Jagger hinted that the Stones had new material for a potential album. “It would be very nice and I’ve got a lot of new songs and songs I’ve written over the last couple of years,” he said. “I’ve done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. So, let’s hope so.”"

We want an 'old school' album, not another BTB or A Bigger Bang. Please Mick, use that home made demos for your next solo album.
No songs ala Goddess/Alfie/Superheavy on a Stones album. thumbs down

I agree. But it would be far simpler to just use all Keith songs.

Date: September 19, 2015 00:52

LongBeachArena72
HMS
LongBeachArena72, would you welcome a new stones-album, if they had a singer? How did it come to this that this Mick-guy can push Keith around and humiliate him for so long? Stop this bully! Keith´ book should have been called "balled and chained".

I've already suggested a way forward: THE ROLLING STONES PRESENT: CROSSEYED HEART II w/ Keith, Ronnie, and Charlie. It can't miss! Just need to find a way to keep that Jagger guy out of the studio.

Your deep affection for this band never ceases to amaze me..

Date: September 19, 2015 00:54

TeddyB1018
I haven't seen a good producer suggestion on here yet, save possibly Glyn Johns, and the Stones would treat him as an engineer and his ego would get in the way. I don't know who could produce the Rolling Stones at this point, probably no one. The problem is they can't produce themselves, because Mick and Keith can't agree. Don Was acts more as a referee than anything else, he's not to blame.

A good producer to replace Don Was? Rick Rubin, Rob Fraboni, Ethan Johns, Chris Kimsey and George Drakoulias. Is enough?! winking smiley

Date: September 19, 2015 00:57

DandelionPowderman
LongBeachArena72
HMS

Your deep affection for this band never ceases to amaze me..

Nonsense! It's just that my eyes have been opened by my iorr compadres re: the relative contributions of the various band members. I was blind and now I see: FREE KEITH to make the great music that Mick has always held him back from recording!

Date: September 19, 2015 01:26

Cheer up, LongBeachArena72, there will be something for everyone in the future..

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 19, 2015 02:25

24FPS
RockinJive
Cooltoplady
More Hot Rocks
24FPS

Well said MHR

Jack White is one of the few geniuses in rock, producing new sounds with the blues root still intact. He's one of the very few rock artists where I still buy the whole new CD and listen to it as a whole.

And just because your ears are dumb as far as bass is concerned, don't assume mine are. The second I first heard Plundered My Soul I knew it was Bill. But you're right, in that if it isn't Bill, it could be anybody, and they ain't good.

I guess you listen with your eyes instead of your ears. MHR is dead right on. jack White will always be a wannabe. maybe if got rid of his girly voice and guitar I would respect him but than again maybe not.

Date: September 19, 2015 11:42

LongBeachArena72
Just need to find a way to keep that Jagger guy out of the studio.

Send him a russian ballerina.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: September 19, 2015 13:50

Jack White is a joke. Rick Rubin would have been awesome, but I don't see that happening.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: September 19, 2015 14:13

Record in a proper studio. Avoid pro tools. Record Analogue. Take the time to record.

Date: September 20, 2015 01:09

Funny, that Mick & Keith certainly don't consider Jack White a joke. But I guess you know more than they would about rock and roll.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home