Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: An overdose of Keith
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 16, 2015 11:24

Turner68
I don't agree I think it's ok that some are sick of it and like I said I think it is good there is a thread for them
I much prefer this to what has been happening - the same people posting every single day for the last two weeks "I don't like Keith's singing voice and his album will never sell well" - every day and on the same thread!
. The people who feel that way deserve to have a thread for themselves

"for themselves"? Like the one for those Taylorites... (usually hacked by same suspects...) grinning smiley

Those bloody Judases.. isolate them from the real fans! No place for those in the Church of True Believers!

Keith Richards is The Rolling Stones!

- Doxa

Date: September 16, 2015 11:26

Doxa
Turner68
I don't agree I think it's ok that some are sick of it and like I said I think it is good there is a thread for them
I much prefer this to what has been happening - the same people posting every single day for the last two weeks "I don't like Keith's singing voice and his album will never sell well" - every day and on the same thread!

"for themselves"? Like the one for those Taylorites... (usually hacked by same suspects...) grinning smiley

Those bloody Judases.. isolate them from the real fans! No place for those in the Church of True Believers!

- Doxa

These days he is indeed grinning smiley

Date: September 16, 2015 11:29

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
Turner68

- Doxa

So this is a heyday for people like you, Dandie... thumbs up

- Doxa

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: September 16, 2015 11:40

ROPENI
The Rolling Stones are a lot more than just Keith Richards....Pleeaaseeee...smiling smiley

Are you kidding?
For once there is quite a lot of stones or stones members activity those last 3 years you are stil whinning.
You still have the (too many) OT threads if you get bored of KR...

Date: September 16, 2015 11:41

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
Turner68

- Doxa

- Doxa

It should be for all Stones fans?

Date: September 16, 2015 11:54

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
Turner68

- Doxa

- Doxa

Probably, but "should" is a dangerous normative term...

I miss proudmary, by the way.

- Doxa

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: September 16, 2015 12:26

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
Turner68

- Doxa

- Doxa

- Doxa

+1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-16 12:27 by GetYerAngie.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 16, 2015 12:28

How come no one has quizzed Keef about One More Shot ??????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 16, 2015 12:45

If they were not sticky, three of the five Keith topics would be off the front page by now. There was a similar rash of Superheavy threads, but in those days they weren't all stickied and didn't look so prominent.

Anyway, what is wrong with a lot of threads on the main Stones-related activity going on at the moment? Right now Keith is here there and everywhere - I can't keep up with all the interviews and TV appearances. Once the hurricane has blown through it will all go dead quiet again until someone else does something newsworthy or goes into promotion mode (reminds me of the Beatles and the Stones co-ordinating their singles releases).

Date: September 16, 2015 13:29

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
Turner68

- Doxa

- Doxa

- Doxa

She probably hates the album grinning smiley

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 16, 2015 13:47

I hope people on here don't get me wrong , but is Keith not the main man in the Stones anyway
So why should we not have loads of threads on keith
The evidence is for all to see every day on iorr
Its a fact that people adore Keith in a special way, we love the guy with a passion
I dont even know why i love him, its not like i have ever met him lol
But we feel through his music and the way he has lived his life that we know him or identify with him
Please don't take this to heart Mick fans, but Mick can be an icy cold private man and its much harder to warm to him
He can be very reserved in interviews and although he can be funny, i find him boring
Fitness freaks and business people are generally self obsessed people and Mick imho falls into the category
So yeah Keith has more loyal loving fans, but that's just because i see it that way
You girls who love Mick probably disagree with me, but there you go, you buy into the Rock god stuff
I just happen to think keith is a more kind caring soul than Mick
All the women in Keith's life seem to speak well of him and that says a lot
Ok now for the backlash from my post sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-16 14:00 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 16, 2015 17:11

Keith speaks his mind out or at least gives the impression of doing so. Mick doesnt even give the impression of doing so.

Mick is a dandy. Or at least he wants the people to see him as a dandy. Mick is in love with himself, Keith is in love with life.

A Mick-Interview for me is often hard to bear, a Keith-interview is always funny. So I think it´s easier to like/love Keith than Mick.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 16, 2015 18:47

keefriffhards
I hope people on here don't get me wrong , but is Keith not the main man in the Stones anyway
So why should we not have loads of threads on keith
The evidence is for all to see every day on iorr
Its a fact that people adore Keith in a special way, we love the guy with a passion
I dont even know why i love him, its not like i have ever met him lol
But we feel through his music and the way he has lived his life that we know him or identify with him
Please don't take this to heart Mick fans, but Mick can be an icy cold private man and its much harder to warm to him
He can be very reserved in interviews and although he can be funny, i find him boring
Fitness freaks and business people are generally self obsessed people and Mick imho falls into the category
So yeah Keith has more loyal loving fans, but that's just because i see it that way
You girls who love Mick probably disagree with me, but there you go, you buy into the Rock god stuff
I just happen to think keith is a more kind caring soul than Mick
All the women in Keith's life seem to speak well of him and that says a lot
Ok now for the backlash from my post sad smiley

I think your post is heartfelt and also think you have put your finger on several important issues, namely:

1) "The evidence is for all to see every day on iorr": yes, it is. There's no need to be defensive anymore. Love of Keith IS the dominant position on the board.

2) "is Keith not the main man in the Stones anyway": again, yes. The run up to CROSSEYED HEART has convinced me that, at least musically speaking, the predominant position on the board is that Keith is most responsible for the songs and the sound of The Stones.

3) "Mick can be an icy cold private man and its much harder to warm to him": again, yes, this is the prevailing view. In spite of the fact that, at least in my opinion, both these guys have VERY manufactured images, I am in the minority and most if the board feel that a Keith is warmer, more authentic, etc.

Your views represent so many of the posters here that I am officially crying "uncle." Keith's solo music is not to my tastes but it is clear that it is beloved here. In fact, there are even people here who prefer CROSSEYED HEART to a new, potentially crappy (because it is too Mick-influenced) Stones album. I will never understand this ... but I wish you much enjoyment, young riffhards!

Rock on,

Mike

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 16, 2015 19:39

stonesrule
I am a Stones fan and a Keith fan but I'm with Ropeni.
Unfortunately here,some people have lost their sense of humor and take anything that they perceive to be against their hero as a personal insult,and then they go to war,l started this thread as just my observation of too much Keith in the "sticky" section,no disrespect to Keith or anyone else,just my personal opinion of which l am entitled to,and if some of you don't like it,well then just don't read it and move on,Nothing to get upset or bend out of shape about...drinking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: September 16, 2015 19:51

... lol... the ole "lost their sense of humor" card...

It has been 23 years since a Keith album and 10 years since a Stones album....
MUSIC!!! NEW MUSIC!!!that is what it is all about.

20 stickied posts would not be too many if they were current and on topic.

If a person is actually a fan then every one of those stickies is interesting and appropriate.

Date: September 16, 2015 19:56

Well longbeach thanks for that, not sure i deserve it, but you definitely way things up without getting too defensive and emotional in your conclusions

I really do understand why some people find it hard to get too excited about Keith's solo material, its certainly not for everyone's ears
I have always loved Bob Dylan but i fully understand that nasal tone is not for everyone
The thing with Keith that fascinates me is that he gets called the coolest man on the planet, but there are times when i have felt embarrassed by his interviews when he has been drunk or stoned
Does anyone remember Hail Hail Rock and Roll when he was being interviewed at the end of the gig in the toilet
Well i was in the cinema with about 300 people when he started talking and the whole cinema erupted in laughter because they were not used to Keith , they could not understand a word he was saying lol
The whole business with Keith taking a line of coke with his dad was embarrassing, although he changed the story later on
So yes i can understand that Keith is not to everyone's taste, as much as i cant get enough of his singing and guitar work, i fully understand people when they say he cant sing and is a limited guitarist
But they miss the whole deal with Keith, he is about feel, touch , and emotion, its all from the heart and he plays it differently each time because he cant and won't replicate music
I agree with you longbeach the Stones with Keith and Mick in harmony is more appealing and enjoyable to most people
I just wish they would collaborate fully together and drop their petty differences when they enter the studio next time
Who knows, they just may have one last master piece up their sleeve..

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 16, 2015 20:00

i agree riffhards, there is nothing cool about being so wasted out of your mind. someone was telling a story about keith taking a tour of the gibson guitar factory back in the 70s and recounting how he literally needed someone to hold him up, and that he fell down 3-4 times that afternoon... there's no glamor in that. the johnny depps of the world who imply that is cool are not for me.

but what i like about keith himself is that he doesn't hide that side of him. (although the odd quote about never having a problem with drugs, just police, is disturbing).

the stones in harmony is the best possible outcome, but can they bury the hatchet for real? i don't think they've been in harmony since the 81 tour, and even then they were clearly fracturing (the whole incident with keith hijacking the crane that mick was on... LOL)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-16 20:02 by Turner68.

Date: September 16, 2015 20:16

Turner68
i agree riffhards, there is nothing cool about being so wasted out of your mind. someone was telling a story about keith taking a tour of the gibson guitar factory back in the 70s and recounting how he literally needed someone to hold him up, and that he fell down 3-4 times that afternoon... there's no glamor in that. the johnny depps of the world who imply that is cool are not for me.

but what i like about keith himself is that he doesn't hide that side of him. (although the odd quote about never having a problem with drugs, just police, is disturbing).

the stones in harmony is the best possible outcome, but can they bury the hatchet for real? i don't think they've been in harmony since the 81 tour, and even then they were clearly fracturing (the whole incident with keith hijacking the crane that mick was on... LOL)

Agreed.
I actually don't think they have been in perfect harmony since Mick started dating Bianca
It was said that Keith threw a heavy glass ashtray through the reception window on their wedding day as a protest
I think they are jealous of each other, who knows, Mick might of been jealous of Keith's friendship with Gram Parsons
It all adds up over the years to resentment, these people may be geniuses but they have their flaws just the same as the rest us

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 16, 2015 20:25

Turner68
(the whole incident with keith hijacking the crane that mick was on... LOL)

That never happened, though - not even remotely close.
Nick Kent apparently just wrote whatever other journalists told him about shows he missed but was supposed to write about.
Apparently those other journalists had a lot of fun making up outlandish crap just to see if he'd really report it.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 16, 2015 20:40

An overdose of Keith? Well, at least I never turned blue in anyone's bathroom. That would be the height of bad taste...

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 16, 2015 20:45

with sssoul
Turner68

Nick Kent apparently just wrote whatever other journalists told him about shows he missed but was supposed to write about.
Apparently those other journalists had a lot of fun making up outlandish crap just to see if he'd really report it.

thank you for the clarification. i still have not purged myself of all the nick kent misinformation... was he responsible for the one about it being written in the contract that keith had to do one song per show and mick had to leave the stage?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-16 20:45 by Turner68.

Date: September 16, 2015 20:50

with sssoul
Turner68

Always used to wonder about the Cherry picker crane incident
I could never imagine it, it was so absurd, i mean 20 mins is a long time
Keith cant solo for 5 mins let alone 20 lol

Date: September 16, 2015 20:55

Turner68
with sssoul
Turner68

thank you for the clarification. i still have not purged myself of all the nick kent misinformation... was he responsible for the one about it being written in the contract that keith had to do one song per show and mick had to leave the stage?

Keith went into the cherry picker and stayed quite a bit on the Hampton show.

Date: September 16, 2015 20:59

ROPENI
stonesrule
I am a Stones fan and a Keith fan but I'm with Ropeni.
Unfortunately here,some people have lost their sense of humor and take anything that they perceive to be against their hero as a personal insult,and then they go to war,l started this thread as just my observation of too much Keith in the "sticky" section,no disrespect to Keith or anyone else,just my personal opinion of which l am entitled to,and if some of you don't like it,well then just don't read it and move on,Nothing to get upset or bend out of shape about...drinking smiley

Thanks ROPENI you unexpectedly started a good thread
Its just nice to talk in a real way without, IT MUST ONLY BE SAYING NICE THINGS ABOUT THE STONES kind of thing
Just because we find faults in their characters make them no less legendary geniuses

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 16, 2015 21:10

with sssoul
Turner68

That is hilarious. Great image of the journalist who told that to Nick Kent reading it in print and rotfl.

I think it is quite humorous that this whole Keith media and thread overload issue has got people digging deep for their Mick vs. Keith sentiments and even questioning peoples fandom if they have a divergent opinion on the subject. tongue sticking out smiley

It's just Keith's well deserved moment in the spotlight, probably a bit more aimed at the casual fans who haven't always held him in the spotlight like some of us here do. And from my perspective this thread has brought out more Keith defenders that anything else. We need to have a bit more tolerance for everyone else, who cares if they don't worship on the alter of Keith?

As someone above said, we will all be wishing for days like these when the man is gone. I'm comforted to be reading about Keith so much in 2015.

Date: September 16, 2015 21:24

DandelionPowderman

Which Hampton show do you mean, Dande dear? It certainly wasn't a 20-minute solo
while Jagger raged helplessly below,
which is what the repeatedly-regurgitated myth claimed happened in Sweden.

Turner68, I don't know that Kent is the one who started the story about the contracts including
Mick having to leave the stage during Keith's LV turn.

Date: September 16, 2015 21:26

with sssoul
DandelionPowderman

Which Hampton show do you mean, Dande dear? It certainly wasn't a 20-minute solo

Turner68, I don't know that Kent is the one who started the story about the contracts including

The officially released one. It was more like two minutes smiling smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 16, 2015 21:35

I maxed out on the current Keef craze about the time he started saying nonsense like Donald Trump was "refreshing" ...

Hope it was just to sell records..

Extremely disappointing when disgusting or appalling are more accurate.
Love Keith, but no one could ever accuse him of being the smart glimmer...

Date: September 16, 2015 21:41

DandelionPowderman
with sssoul
DandelionPowderman

Oh well 2 minutes is nearly 20 mins, it has a 2 in it after all lol

I take everything these Rock biography writers write with a pinch of salt
They are very rarely at the scene of the crime, so its all, ''a close friend of a friend said this and that''
Their books are just a pile of stereotypical bollocks as far as i'm concerned

Date: September 16, 2015 21:45

DandelionPowderman

Dande dear if you can point out which two minutes you mean I'll be grateful -
I've watched that show 47 times at least and never saw Keith up in the cherrypicker.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home