Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: An overdose of Keith
Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: September 15, 2015 20:36

keefriffhards
Much much much more Keef come on Keef thumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer
He deserves everything he gets and more, the guy is a one off, the last of a dying breed, you will never ever see the likes of Mr Richards again >grinning smiley<
thumbs upsmileys with beerdrinking smileythumbs up LONG LIVE KEEF!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-15 20:37 by everwest1.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 15, 2015 21:44

How can people complain about too much Keith?!!!
It's not as if The Beatles and/or Paul McCartney has inflitrated every thread on the board.
Keith happens to be very active at the moment (awards, magazine interviews, late night shows, etc.), and has a brand spankin' new album due out in days.
I find it enjoyable to see all the Keith exposure, and will admit I'm slightly surprised by it all.
Who would have ever thought Keith would be so dominating (here, there, and everywhere) at this point in his career.
I say anyone who considers themselves a Stones fan should raise a glass to Keith and celebrate!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 15, 2015 21:55

Ok I'm going to answer you questions presuming I have a sense of the answers or at least Keith's. lol Keith has spoken on or hinted about these issues before and we kind of know what to expect at this point.

disclaimer: Of course I am just having fun with this, these ARE NOT Keith's answers just my guesses

LongBeachArena72
--What are your recollections of being onstage at Altamont? Did you feel scared, angry, did you realize you were losing control of the crowd?

Yeah I was angry, too angry to be scared. There were cats beating on people with pool cues, man. This was supposed to be a rock show not a Hell's Angels battle ground. I think I might have felt a bit of fear getting out of there though, it was madness and the helicopter was really overloaded.

--Talk about songwriting. Why is it so hard to write a hit, in your opinion? Have you written great songs in the 90's and 00's, in your opinion, that just for some reason did not connect with audiences? How does the craft of songwriting change as you mature? Is it difficult writing with a partner?

I've never really tried to write a hit, well perhaps in the early days with Mick but no I'm just happy the ideas are still coming. I don't filter them through any kind of hit thinking, just try to get them down when they appear. Sometimes when listening back you think, hey that's pretty good, but I leave the hit making and such decisions to others, I couldn't be bothered. As I get older it's just harder to take the time to sit and work with the ideas and I have to force myself to do it more...where is the engineer man, I need to get this down. Harrgh! (avoids the 90's 00's question)

--What kinds of strain did your addiction put on the existence of the band?

Well I almost blew it man, an experiment gone on too long. When I realized I was blowing it for my family and the Stones it was a wake up call, never looked back, been there done that.

--How do solo projects fit into the overall scheme of the band--are you happy/supportive when other members' records come out? Is it good for the band?

Well the Stones go through periods of inactivity, what else are we going to do, you can only muck about in the garden for so long before you feel you've got to work, man. I think the other guys doing solo work is good for the Stones as long as they come back, what harm is there?

--Was WWIII overblown? Did you see it as just good mates fighting over trivial things or was there an existential threat to the band? Do any of those same feelings arise today? If so, under what conditions?

Well I talked about that in my book some, I obviously felt some betrayal from Mick in the mid 80's but we've sorted all that out. Mick is my brother, man, we're like any married couple, lots of love and a few spats every now and then. It ain't gonna effect the band like it did at one time, The Stones are a tight ship these days, I just let Mick do his thing, man.

One more:

--How are songs selected for Stones records? Can you describe the process whereby you and Mick bring in your songs and then work on them together?

Mick usually has a few tunes worked out and ready to go these days and we all just start in on them and see what happens. I'll sometimes have a song ready to go but often just have an idea or a riff I've been saving up and we just start jamming on it. We work 'em out more quickly that we did in the old days, we're all just more experienced and it pays off, if a song ain't working we put it aside and start in on another, usually after a little break we can find what works easier when we come back to it.

We usually record a few more songs than we need for the record and Mick, myself and whoever is working with us just decide which are the best songs and it's usually a pretty easy decision. Mick and I will take the songs and each come up with a running order and we work out what's the best. Honestly Mick puts more work into the process than anyone else so we usually tend to decide things more along his way of thinking. Unless there is an obvious problem, I don't really belabor the point. Mick's very good at such things.

[/quote]

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 15, 2015 22:04

Yeah that's about it, but if he keeps getting the same questions we are going to keep getting the same answers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-15 22:06 by keefriffhards.

Date: September 15, 2015 22:20

That's pretty good Naturalist, but I would have liked to see the term "pal" used at least once. smiling smiley

Date: September 15, 2015 22:43

ROPENI
I like Keith as much as the next guy,but cm on the board is turning into a Keith shrine,five "sticky" on the same person,why not just one with all Keith on it?..The Rolling Stones are a lot more than just Keith Richards....Pleeaaseeee...smiling smiley

You like Keith as much as the next guy lol

Well this anti Keith thread back fired ROPENI

Do you want sticky threads about the non existent Mick Jagger album

A sort of virtual holographic Mick solo album Sticky thread

Shall i start the conversation
Err it will be like the other solo albums Mick made
Not as good as a Stones album and not nearly as good as a Keith album winking smiley

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: September 15, 2015 22:57

What about Bill Wyman?

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 15, 2015 23:20

keefriffhards
ROPENI
I like Keith as much as the next guy,but cm on the board is turning into a Keith shrine,five "sticky" on the same person,why not just one with all Keith on it?..The Rolling Stones are a lot more than just Keith Richards....Pleeaaseeee...smiling smiley

Not as good as a Stones album and not nearly as good as a Keith album winking smiley

WOW man you got me there "anti Keith thread has backfired" you must be some sort of genius, and Mick's albums? and l really though l was gonna get away with it,but you man, saw right thru me,amazing insight on your part...winking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 15, 2015 23:32

"Spotlight on Keith´s arse..."

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 15, 2015 23:53

Naturalust
Ok I'm going to answer you questions presuming I have a sense of the answers or at least Keith's. lol Keith has spoken on or hinted about these issues before and we kind of know what to expect at this point.

disclaimer: Of course I am just having fun with this, these ARE NOT Keith's answers just my guesses

LongBeachArena72
--What are your recollections of being onstage at Altamont? Did you feel scared, angry, did you realize you were losing control of the crowd?

Yeah I was angry, too angry to be scared. There were cats beating on people with pool cues, man. This was supposed to be a rock show not a Hell's Angels battle ground. I think I might have felt a bit of fear getting out of there though, it was madness and the helicopter was really overloaded.

--Talk about songwriting. Why is it so hard to write a hit, in your opinion? Have you written great songs in the 90's and 00's, in your opinion, that just for some reason did not connect with audiences? How does the craft of songwriting change as you mature? Is it difficult writing with a partner?

I've never really tried to write a hit, well perhaps in the early days with Mick but no I'm just happy the ideas are still coming. I don't filter them through any kind of hit thinking, just try to get them down when they appear. Sometimes when listening back you think, hey that's pretty good, but I leave the hit making and such decisions to others, I couldn't be bothered. As I get older it's just harder to take the time to sit and work with the ideas and I have to force myself to do it more...where is the engineer man, I need to get this down. Harrgh! (avoids the 90's 00's question)

--What kinds of strain did your addiction put on the existence of the band?

Well I almost blew it man, an experiment gone on too long. When I realized I was blowing it for my family and the Stones it was a wake up call, never looked back, been there done that.

--How do solo projects fit into the overall scheme of the band--are you happy/supportive when other members' records come out? Is it good for the band?

Well the Stones go through periods of inactivity, what else are we going to do, you can only muck about in the garden for so long before you feel you've got to work, man. I think the other guys doing solo work is good for the Stones as long as they come back, what harm is there?

--Was WWIII overblown? Did you see it as just good mates fighting over trivial things or was there an existential threat to the band? Do any of those same feelings arise today? If so, under what conditions?

Well I talked about that in my book some, I obviously felt some betrayal from Mick in the mid 80's but we've sorted all that out. Mick is my brother, man, we're like any married couple, lots of love and a few spats every now and then. It ain't gonna effect the band like it did at one time, The Stones are a tight ship these days, I just let Mick do his thing, man.

One more:

--How are songs selected for Stones records? Can you describe the process whereby you and Mick bring in your songs and then work on them together?

Mick usually has a few tunes worked out and ready to go these days and we all just start in on them and see what happens. I'll sometimes have a song ready to go but often just have an idea or a riff I've been saving up and we just start jamming on it. We work 'em out more quickly that we did in the old days, we're all just more experienced and it pays off, if a song ain't working we put it aside and start in on another, usually after a little break we can find what works easier when we come back to it.

We usually record a few more songs than we need for the record and Mick, myself and whoever is working with us just decide which are the best songs and it's usually a pretty easy decision. Mick and I will take the songs and each come up with a running order and we work out what's the best. Honestly Mick puts more work into the process than anyone else so we usually tend to decide things more along his way of thinking. Unless there is an obvious problem, I don't really belabor the point. Mick's very good at such things.

[/quote]

This is actually quite brilliant, NL.

Date: September 15, 2015 23:56

keefriffhards
ROPENI

This is beneath you, young riffhards. Ropeni can speak for him/herself but I didn't think this thread was started to slag Keith. It was just an observation about the prevalence of Keith-related material on the board. I don't think it was created in a spirit of 'hey, let's turn the tide and gang up on Keith' at all.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 15, 2015 23:57

i think it's awesome someone made a topic where people like longbeach can vent their daily frustrations by dissing keith and keith fans without keith fans having to re-read the same complaints by the same people over and over.

this thread is a great idea!

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: September 16, 2015 00:01

Jagger said years ago about the time of GRRR we would be seeing so much stuff coming out we would be sick of them, well it just a part of the process, I Love It, Keep It Coming, Can't Wait for Keef's New Release!!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 16, 2015 01:42

I agree JABMAN. Keith's nasty remarks about other artists is beyond petty....it's a real glimpse into a very insecure man. And SOMEONE should have mentioned to him that bashing others only makes HIM look small...it never shines a positive light on the one who does the bashing.

Date: September 16, 2015 01:56

Turner68
i think it's awesome someone made a topic where people like longbeach can vent their daily frustrations by dissing keith and keith fans without keith fans having to re-read the same complaints by the same people over and over.

Didn't look at it that way Turner, but you're absolutely right!
Let the Keith bashers have their little corner and bash away.

Maybe even change the thread title to - "Keith is an overrated jackass" angry smiley

cool smiley

Date: September 16, 2015 02:13

Hairball
Turner68

Didn't look at it that way Turner, but you're absolutely right!
Let the Keith bashers have their little corner and bash away.

Maybe even change the thread title to - "Keith is an overrated jackass" angry smiley

cool smiley

Ok, now that the Keithists have left the thread to all us haters, we can get down to some serious bashing ...

I got nothin'.

I do have one observation, though. It's not really a "bash," per se, but might be a tad provocative, so what the hell:

Is it fair to say that the majority of people on this board who could be identified as overt Mickists are female, while most Keithists are dudes?

Sure, there are exceptions, but in general is this true?

If this is true--and I'm not saying it is, just a supposition based on being around the board--might part of the reason be that it is easier for a woman to go fangirl on an androgynous rock star, than it is for a guy to go fanboy on an androgynous rock star?

(Although to be fair, it might not even be possible to call the wizened skeletal craggy Mick Jagger androgynous anymore.)

I'll try to come up with some better bashing in the near future but for now this is all I got.

Date: September 16, 2015 02:41

I admire, and have allegiance, to The Stones, Mick and Keith all equally, I have no idea why anyone would want bash on any of them. We are lucky to still have them around.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 16, 2015 03:05

Ugh, can't we just love the music? By the sounds of this board at times, it's the fans themselves that keep whatever rift between the two that might have been alive and well. Why psychoanalysis the fans themselves? Who cares?
And I agree, this just might the last time we get Keith open, out and available, let's enjoy it.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 16, 2015 03:10

Just watched Keith on iHeatradio live event- played some of Crosseyed heart- I would have been up dancing. Same old questions- but nice seeing Keith and hearing the boys got together in London to discuss new album...heh

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 16, 2015 04:12

LongBeachArena72
keefriffhards
ROPENI

This is beneath you, young riffhards. Ropeni can speak for him/herself but I didn't think this thread was started to slag Keith. It was just an observation about the prevalence of Keith-related material on the board. I don't think it was created in a spirit of 'hey, let's turn the tide and gang up on Keith' at all.
thumbs upsmileys with beer

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 16, 2015 04:14

I am a Stones fan and a Keith fan but I'm with Ropeni.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 16, 2015 04:28

Oh, for Pete's sake....if Keith were home watching the paint dry on his walls and Mick was the one putting out a solo album and doing countless interviews and a documentary, there would be just as many Mick threads. It really is as simple as that.

And I agree with 35love.

Date: September 16, 2015 04:35

It is not a complete surprise that a web site devoted to all things Rolling Stones would have so much Keith related content as he is releasing an album. I would suggest people who dont want to hear so much about it should not visit any Stones web sites.

It is like people going to weather website and complaining there is too much information about a hurricane as it is reaching landfall.

Date: September 16, 2015 04:40

I don't agree I think it's ok that some are sick of it and like I said I think it is good there is a thread for them
I much prefer this to what has been happening - the same people posting every single day for the last two weeks "I don't like Keith's singing voice and his album will never sell well" - every day and on the same thread!
. The people who feel that way deserve to have a thread for themselves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-16 04:43 by Turner68.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 16, 2015 05:21

... Kudos to Jagger for staying underground while all the attention is on Keith....

Date: September 16, 2015 05:31

Rip This
... Kudos to Jagger for staying underground while all the attention is on Keith....

quite right. keith stayed totally quiet about the album until the tour was over, and now everyone else is quiet. i presume that the PR will ramp up about Mick's new HBO series in due course.

Date: September 16, 2015 06:22

everwest1
It is not a complete surprise that a web site devoted to all things Rolling Stones would have so much Keith related content as he is releasing an album. I would suggest people who dont want to hear so much about it should not visit any Stones web sites.

It is like people going to weather website and complaining there is too much information about a hurricane as it is reaching landfall.

Nice analogy. thumbs up

And the storm is threat'nin'...

Date: September 16, 2015 08:31

It's been 23 years! Can't be too much smiling smiley

Date: September 16, 2015 10:39

At the end of the day, the fact that you think there is too much Keith stuff on iorr
or the fact that too many Sticky threads on keith pisses you off, shows that at some level you resent all the attention Keith is getting
I stand by what i said about this thread, its negative and anti Keith

If you don't like all the Keith threads you don't have to read them or comment on them

Like i said, start your own Mick, Bill, Taylor, Ronnie or Charlie thread
No one is stopping you

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: September 16, 2015 10:46

ROPENI

A few years from now you'll be longing for an overdose of Keith. cos he ain't there any more then.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home