Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
An overdose of Keith
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 15, 2015 18:01

I like Keith as much as the next guy,but cm on the board is turning into a Keith shrine,five "sticky" on the same person,why not just one with all Keith on it?..The Rolling Stones are a lot more than just Keith Richards....Pleeaaseeee...smiling smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: An overdose of Keith
Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 15, 2015 18:02

No way! Never too much Keith! FREE KEITH from the shackles of that poseur Jagger!

Date: September 15, 2015 18:04

LongBeachArena72
No way! Never too much Keith! FREE KEITH from the shackles of that poseur Jagger!
winking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 15, 2015 18:04

Ropeni, the forum is Keith heavy right now, but it's for obvious reasons. If all the sticky's were combined it would be one loooooooong thread and then people would complain about that. I think I see Bjornulf slapping his head right now.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 15, 2015 18:05

There's so many stickys on Keith because he's doing something he hasn't done in 20 years and is very visible right now because of it. Combined with the fact that there's less than nothing happening with the Stones and Jagger at the moment, so it seems fine that the board is a little Keith centric right now.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 15, 2015 18:12

Blame Jane Rose. It's not just this board. I'm ok with it because I think it will be a singular event in history, Keith ain't gonna be doing it at this level ever again. Massive celebration over a bohemian grizzled old man musician is kind of comforting.

Date: September 15, 2015 18:19

Hey Nat are u insinuating that Jane Rose = bye bye johnny? winking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: September 15, 2015 18:22

Give it a few more weeks and the Keith promotional tour will be over and we'll go back to nothingness.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 15, 2015 18:26

Overdose of Keith, let's think reasonably why?
1. besides 2 tracks on GRRR, we have not had any new music from Keith in years or even Mick in years( Superheavy is already 4 yrs old). EXILE, SOME GIRLS, and STICKY reissues dont really count even if they added some new vocals, a quick guitar overdub.

2. Its his first solo album in 23 years. Us fans that have followed him for years are definitely excited.

3. can Keith still cut the mustard? I havent heard the entire album yet but early reviews on this board etc appears that he can so some of old farts are stoked.

4. When the album comes out, we all post our reviews, and then 2 months later if we have differing opinions what holds up after repeated listenings and what doesnt those will be posted too.

5. after we have digested it, the board will settle down.

6. And if Mick was releasing something, we would be stoked too. For all our bitchiness we love both GLIMMERS.

Date: September 15, 2015 18:33

ROPENI
Hey Nat are u insinuating that Jane Rose = bye bye johnny? winking smiley

You may be on to something there! If not she should consider hiring him/her, if she hasn't already.

Date: September 15, 2015 18:37

Bashlets
Overdose of Keith, let's think reasonably why?
1. besides 2 tracks on GRRR, we have not had any new music from Keith in years or even Mick in years( Superheavy is already 4 yrs old). EXILE, SOME GIRLS, and STICKY reissues dont really count even if they added some new vocals, a quick guitar overdub.

2. Its his first solo album in 23 years. Us fans that have followed him for years are definitely excited.

3. can Keith still cut the mustard? I havent heard the entire album yet but early reviews on this board etc appears that he can so some of old farts are stoked.

4. When the album comes out, we all post our reviews, and then 2 months later if we have differing opinions what holds up after repeated listenings and what doesnt those will be posted too.

5. after we have digested it, the board will settle down.

6. And if Mick was releasing something, we would be stoked too. For all our bitchiness we love both GLIMMERS.

The thing I'm most curious about is your statement above in #6. I don't know if that's true. Was it true for SUPERHEAVY? Or does it have to be a particular KIND of record for the board to bless it? I am now convinced that while the world at large may be more in love with Mick, the denizens of fan boards are far more in love with Keith. He seems more authentic and also ultimately more responsible for the glory of The Stones than does Mick.

Date: September 15, 2015 18:42

Naturalust
Blame Jane Rose. It's not just this board. I'm ok with it because I think it will be a singular event in history, Keith ain't gonna be doing it at this level ever again. Massive celebration over a bohemian grizzled old man musician is kind of comforting.

I think it's been a MASTERFUL campaign. Bit old school, maybe, but VERY disciplined and well-executed by all, Keith included, with everyone staying on message and the same essential talking points being hit in nearly every venue.

In Billboard today, for example, we get nonsense like:

For someone who has lived his life so much in the public eye, Richards remains surprisingly unguarded, Neville says. "It's kind of made him bulletproof because if you don't harbor secrets, then nobody can ever say anything about you," he says. "It's kind of liberating."

[www.billboard.com]

One of Keith's most impressive performances is the way he creates laid-back, grizzled "authenticity," while he spins out the same yarns he's spun for the past few decades. If you believe that there are no "secrets" left unexplored in UNDER THE INFLUENCE, then I've got some swampland I'd like to submit for your consideration.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 15, 2015 18:43

Don't give our johnny boy a hard time. Rockman's thread is where the archives reside, but Johnny is our breaking news editor and he does a fine job of it. I hope he never goes bye bye...grinning smiley

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 15, 2015 18:48

I think that there is all this "excitement" because it is too many time that the Stones don't put a new studio album out!cool smileywinking smileythumbs upthumbs up

Date: September 15, 2015 19:20

LongBeachArena72
One of Keith's most impressive performances is the way he creates laid-back, grizzled "authenticity," while he spins out the same yarns he's spun for the past few decades. If you believe that there are no "secrets" left unexplored in UNDER THE INFLUENCE, then I've got some swampland I'd like to submit for your consideration.

I'm trying to imagine what secrets Keith has at this point which would actually be newsworthy. He's a 71 year old, dope smoking grandfather and probably lives a pretty tame life with few secrets. I'm not sure I'd want to know the ones he has at this point. smoking smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 15, 2015 19:20

Shouldn't this be a "sticky" thread? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: kid killowatt ()
Date: September 15, 2015 19:25

The forum first page should be all about Keith
From now on until the Stones announce a tour and/or a new album.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 15, 2015 19:27

Keith! Keith! Keith! Keith! Keith! Keith! Come on guys, shout your lungs out...

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: September 15, 2015 19:31

I personally am sick of him putting everybody down. Didn't his mother ever teach him "If you cant say anything nice don't say anything at all". Shut your mouth dude and practice the intro to Start me up.

That said looking forward to getting the vinyl on Friday, but it will have to wait until I finish the new David Gilmour lp.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 15, 2015 19:32

No way. Can't overdose on Keith. The man is the picture of moderation....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 15, 2015 19:39

jabhead
I personally am sick of him putting everybody down. Didn't his mother ever teach him "If you cant say anything nice don't say anything at all". Shut your mouth dude and practice the intro to Start me up.

That said looking forward to getting the vinyl on Friday, but it will have to wait until I finish the new David Gilmour lp.

Some have theorized that his messing up that intro is intentional and is an inside joke to the band. I think there may be something to that actually.

But I agree with you about his slagging other artists. Perhaps the Sgt Peppers comment was strictly for PR purposes but after his recent comments you start to get the feeling Keith is just a highly opinionated old man speaking his mind.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 15, 2015 19:47

Naturalust
LongBeachArena72

I'm trying to imagine what secrets Keith has at this point which would actually be newsworthy. He's a 71 year old, dope smoking grandfather and probably lives a pretty tame life with few secrets. I'm not sure I'd want to know the ones he has at this point. smoking smiley

Hang on, I'd like to hear more about this swampland...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 15, 2015 19:55

More Keith!!!

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: September 15, 2015 19:59

MingSubu
More Keith!!!
x100

If a single dose of Keith feels good... then a double dose will feel REALLY GOOD... so what the heck, do a octagonal dose of Keith and it will feel SPECTACULAR!!!

There is no such thing as too much Keith when he has a new album coming out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-15 20:08 by everwest1.

Date: September 15, 2015 20:18

Naturalust
LongBeachArena72

--What are your recollections of being onstage at Altamont? Did you feel scared, angry, did you realize you were losing control of the crowd?
--Talk about songwriting. Why is it so hard to write a hit, in your opinion? Have you written great songs in the 90's and 00's, in your opinion, that just for some reason did not connect with audiences? How does the craft of songwriting change as you mature? Is it difficult writing with a partner?
--What kinds of strain did your addiction put on the existence of the band?
--How do solo projects fit into the overall scheme of the band--are you happy/supportive when other members' records come out? Is it good for the band?
--Was WWIII overblown? Did you see it as just good mates fighting over trivial things or was there an existential threat to the band? Do any of those same feelings arise today? If so, under what conditions?

Shit like that.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 15, 2015 20:20

Much much much more Keef come on Keef thumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer
He deserves everything he gets and more, the guy is a one off, the last of a dying breed, you will never ever see the likes of Mr Richards again >grinning smiley<

Date: September 15, 2015 20:22

LongBeachArena72
Naturalust
LongBeachArena72

--What are your recollections of being onstage at Altamont? Did you feel scared, angry, did you realize you were losing control of the crowd?
--Talk about songwriting. Why is it so hard to write a hit, in your opinion? Have you written great songs in the 90's and 00's, in your opinion, that just for some reason did not connect with audiences? How does the craft of songwriting change as you mature? Is it difficult writing with a partner?
--What kinds of strain did your addiction put on the existence of the band?
--How do solo projects fit into the overall scheme of the band--are you happy/supportive when other members' records come out? Is it good for the band?
--Was WWIII overblown? Did you see it as just good mates fighting over trivial things or was there an existential threat to the band? Do any of those same feelings arise today? If so, under what conditions?

Shit like that.

One more:

--How are songs selected for Stones records? Can you describe the process whereby you and Mick bring in your songs and then work on them together?

But of course, most of these are Stones-related and so have no place in a marketing piece like UNDER THE INFLUENCE. So we must content ourselves with whatever we get.

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: September 15, 2015 20:26

can never be too much of Keith - love this guy, it's difficult to explain, but he helped me through a really rough period of my life

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: September 15, 2015 20:30

Well

Keith is the soul of the band. No Doubt.

And my favourite album is Exile (Tattoo You is a close second). Very much an Keithalbum.

But otherwise a lot of my favourite songs are actually recorded without Keith. O

Heaven, Winter, Sway, Moonlight Mile, 100 years Ago, Time Waits For No One...

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: September 15, 2015 20:32

Time Waits For No One was recorded with Keith on guitar as well.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1477
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home