Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Absence from (later years) 1st singles in concerts
Posted by: Tops ()
Date: September 12, 2015 23:37

A bit interesting. I can't say they plaiyng a lot from their 86-06-catalogue but the absence from 1st singles is pretty interesting.

Dirty Work-Harlem Shuffle (only in 89/90)
Steel Wheels-Mixed Emotions (only in 89/90)
Voodoo Lounge-Love Is Strong (only in 94/95 and they actually stopped playing it during the euroleg in 95)
Bridges To Babylon-Anybody Seen My Baby (only in 97/98. They didnt even played it on the NO Security-leg of the tour in 99)
A Bigger Bang-Rough Justice/Streets Of Love (RJ was gone by 06 and none of the songs made it to the Beacon Theatre movie)

Why? Maybe they (Mick) were a bit dissapointed by their chartpositions. Thinking of the singles as failures and dissapointments. Misjudgements...

Or did they simply not work onstage?

Personally I thought Mixed Emotions worked pretty Well live (and I'm not even a big fan of the song or that tour)

While Love Is Strong and Anybody Seen My Baby didnt really worked onstage IMO. (But I actually really like the studioversion of ASMcool smiley

Re: The Absence from (later years) 1st singles in concerts
Posted by: Olly ()
Date: September 12, 2015 23:47

Interesting point, although 'Love Is Strong' certainly featured at least once during the A Bigger Bang Tour, and I think during Bridges to Babylon as well.

'Streets Of Love' also featured in Rome on the 14 On Fire Tour.

But I take your point. All part of the wider setlist discussion, I suppose.

I think 'Rough Justice' would have worked well as a second or third number on the Zip Code Tour.

Olly.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 12, 2015 23:49

They stopped playing Love Is Strong while in Australia even, before the Euro tour. One show got Love Is Strong on that leg.

Who knows. They probably got tired of them. ASMB? didn't seem to work very well but they did play it for most of the BTB tours (NO SECURITY had up to 4 BTB songs on it).

None of them were big singles ie successful chart wise. The albums, while selling well, aren't worth a damn regarding their existence in the discography (otherwise they'd play tracks from them). Weird considering they bothered to record them.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 13, 2015 14:00

Tops
A bit interesting. I can't say they plaiyng a lot from their 86-06-catalogue but the absence from 1st singles is pretty interesting.

Dirty Work-Harlem Shuffle (only in 89/90)
Steel Wheels-Mixed Emotions (only in 89/90)
Voodoo Lounge-Love Is Strong (only in 94/95 and they actually stopped playing it during the euroleg in 95)
Bridges To Babylon-Anybody Seen My Baby (only in 97/98. They didnt even played it on the NO Security-leg of the tour in 99)
A Bigger Bang-Rough Justice/Streets Of Love (RJ was gone by 06 and none of the songs made it to the Beacon Theatre movie)

Why? Maybe they (Mick) were a bit dissapointed by their chartpositions. Thinking of the singles as failures and dissapointments. Misjudgements...

Or did they simply not work onstage?

Personally I thought Mixed Emotions worked pretty Well live (and I'm not even a big fan of the song or that tour)

While Love Is Strong and Anybody Seen My Baby didnt really worked onstage IMO. (But I actually really like the studioversion of ASMcool smiley

Harlem Shuffle, Love Is Strong, Anybody Seen My Baby don't work on stage.
Mixed Emotions is complicated, so basically only Rough Justice and Streets of love are concert songs.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: September 13, 2015 14:15

they played Rough Justice in 07 helsikni.It worked very well.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 13, 2015 14:26

Rough Justice & Harlem Shuffle work well live. The other songs mentioned in post 1 don´t. Street Of Love is maybe working, but it´s an awful song, hope it gets shelved for all times.

To my greatest regret I have to say that One Hit To The Body seems to work very bad on stage. I guess they never ever done it again after 1989/90. Maybe they should give it another try in 2016, see what happens. The studio-version is so damn great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-13 14:35 by HMS.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 13, 2015 14:41

Olly

I think 'Rough Justice' would have worked well as a second or third number on the Zip Code Tour.

True.

Date: September 13, 2015 14:48

Could 'One More Shot' count, or was that the second single?

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: September 13, 2015 15:19

Love Is Strong was stopped before the Euro leg of the Voodoo Lounge tour? Well they did it at Wembley in 95 on the Saturday night when i seen them.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 13, 2015 21:03

You're partial right! I also saw it at least once and have also a couple of boots were they are playing it after 1994, including the boot from the Wembley '95 concert, but they didn't do it a lot of times and it was not a regular song anymore.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 13, 2015 21:12

Love is Strong was performed in 1998 in Hannover (as a request from the internet).
Poor show by the way

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 21:15

They played rough justice at the super bowl. One wonders why.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 21:55

glad they dropped mixed emotions.

remember how dissapointed iw as when i first heard this was to be thier new single.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: September 13, 2015 22:54

Love is Strong also played in 2006 and 2007 at various shows

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: September 13, 2015 22:54

Rough Justice also played through 2007

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home