Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: Emotional rescue album
Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 6, 2019 23:17

Fun album.
Best song, the one that holds up, is All About You. ... Keith was becoming a different kind of songwriter, but that wasn't his job in the Stones and he didn't do enough of that on his own.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 7, 2019 01:05

-Bought it at Electric Circus in Oslo, opposite Steen & Strøm`s main entrance. I remember their heavy air conditioning and their ceiling hung headphones. -No, I got rid of this album pretty fast, afterwards. This is between tours talk. Instead, we need that long awaited new album to discuss.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: September 7, 2019 01:37

This record to me screams SUMMER! I first heard the title track blasting out of tape player on Bethany Beach. The whole record has a breezy feel. I pull it out every June when school is out. Not a classic but far from a disappointment.

T@3

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 7, 2019 02:00

This album is for me very solid. Not great but not bad either. I enjoy the entire album. It has really grown on me.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 7, 2019 02:13

nick1970
Has the emotional rescue album got any redeeming features, or is it merely disappointing??

It's got Down In The Hole on it. If that ain't redeeming, what is?

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: September 7, 2019 02:16

. Wrong thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-07 02:18 by deardoctor.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 7, 2019 07:43

More Hot Rocks
This and DW are the lowest points in The Stones career. Terrible album

That's just not possible. Only DIRTY WORK deserves what you said.

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: September 7, 2019 08:16

I think it swings rythym wise..
Where the boys go sounds like something boomtown rats could have written.
Down in the hole is growing on me... Dark and bluesy...

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 7, 2019 08:33

slew
This album is for me very solid. Not great but not bad either. I enjoy the entire album. It has really grown on me.

Me too, I ignore the negative folk. Perhaps they weren’t born when it was released
Enjoyed it when it came out immensely

Posted by: exil ()
Date: September 7, 2019 09:13

Iam sure some of the whingers must be listening to these albums on a transistor.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: September 7, 2019 10:07

for me it was part of a great three album set SG,EM RES and TY, all linked via songs written , recorded, dubbed, re-recorded... come to think of it book ended by two great live albums (one was a duble I know)

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 7, 2019 10:17

ukcal
for me it was part of a great three album set SG,EM RES and TY, all linked via songs written , recorded, dubbed, re-recorded... come to think of it book ended by two great live albums (one was a duble I know)

YES!
Although I enjoyed Sticky Fingers on the day Of release too

Date: September 7, 2019 17:58

DandelionPowderman
Please continue the discussion here:

[iorr.org]

Let's save Bjørnulf the hassle of merging the threads.

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: September 7, 2019 18:49

nick1970
Has the emotional rescue album got any redeeming features, or is it merely disappointing??

IN NO WAY WAS THE ALBUM DISAPPOINTING AT THE TIME OF IT'S RELEASE.

IN THE NEW YORK METROPOLITAN AREA IT WAS LOVED BY VIRTUALLY ALL OF THE TEEN AND 20 YEAR OLDS THAT I KNEW AT THE TIME.

PEOPLE WHO DO NOT LIKE THE ALBUM, DO NOT HAVE A CLUE, AND THEIR LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS VERY LIMITED.

TO THIS DAY, IT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE STONES ALBUMS.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: September 7, 2019 20:06

The yelling is to be heard all the way in the thread that this discussion belongs to?

Sorry, THE YELLING IS TO BE HEARD ALL THE WAY IN THE THREAD THAT THIS DISCUSSION BELONGS TO????

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 7, 2019 20:53

midimannz
slew

Me too, I ignore the negative folk. Perhaps they weren’t born when it was released
Enjoyed it when it came out immensely

I recall hating the title track when it came out...then SSC came out and it blew my mind, so I bought the single, my first RS purchase.

I couldn't get enough so I bought the album and grew to love Emotional Rescue the song and album.

I immediately bought Sucking in the 70s when that came out, and shortly thereafter Some Girls, Hot Rocks, More Hot Rocks, Tattoo You and the rest is history.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 8, 2019 14:43

Chacho

IN NO WAY WAS THE ALBUM DISAPPOINTING AT THE TIME OF IT'S RELEASE.

IN THE NEW YORK METROPOLITAN AREA IT WAS LOVED BY VIRTUALLY ALL OF THE TEEN AND 20 YEAR OLDS THAT I KNEW AT THE TIME.

PEOPLE WHO DO NOT LIKE THE ALBUM, DO NOT HAVE A CLUE, AND THEIR LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS VERY LIMITED.

Well time has shown it's a complete let-down after SG and TY. It would have made a fantatic 4-track EP though...

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: September 8, 2019 15:31

nick1970
Put simply, I was wrong, the rhythm section and dance like feel of this album make it swing.
Maybe, the point is for each of the lesser liked albums there are highlights..dance part 1 down in the hole...
I think it is good to listen to these albums but perhaps not compare them with the greats, but enjoy them in their own...
Viva bill and Charlie for laying down such a solid foundation...

Re: ALBUM TALK: Emotional Rescue
Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: June 6, 2023 17:09

The diversity of opinions about this album is amazing.

This one is my personal favorite.

Drew

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 6, 2023 17:58

drewmaster
The diversity of opinions about this album is amazing.

This one is my personal favorite.

Drew

I’m a big fan! Possibly in my top 10 Stones studio albums.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 6, 2023 18:50

Sweet summer fun

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 6, 2023 23:48

Not the best album. But along with TY and GHS, the albums i much enjoy and prefer to listen

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: June 7, 2023 00:03

Will there ever be a deluxe reissue of this under appreciated gem?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 7, 2023 00:15

Elmo Lewis
Sweet summer fun

That's correct I did hang around on the beach around the release grinning smiley

Date: June 7, 2023 00:37

JimmyTheSaint
Will there ever be a deluxe reissue of this under appreciated gem?

They had ample opportunity in 2020, with plenty to choose from that wouldn't interfere with the TATTOO YOU deluxe, but didn't.

Nothing against the GOATS HEAD SOUP deluxe, which I love, but that album wasn't as big like STICKY, EXILE (historically), SOME GIRLS and TATTOO YOU are.

I would love a deluxe reissue of EMOTIONAL RESCUE but it appears to be over, the deluxe reissuing, although I've never seen anything published to suggest that nor as well to dissuade that either. It just seems rather obvious that's the case, as this 2018 updated record deal doesn't exactly state but we know what happened (GHS and TY).

UMG will continue to distribute the band’s celebrated recorded music catalogue globally with future projects and reissues to be released through UMG’s labels and networks around the world.

[www.universalmusic.com]

Pre-tweaked record deal deluxe reissues were:
EXILE 2010
SOME GIRLS 2012
STICKY FINGERS 2015

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: June 7, 2023 17:18

It's not one of their 6 greatest, but it's still one of their good albums.

I think I did this before, but maybe my taste has changed:
1. Dance 5/10
2. Summer Romance 5/10
3. Send It to Me 6/10
4. Let Me Go 6/10
5. Indian Girl 7/10

Side two
1. Where the Boys Go 5/10
2. Down in the Hole 9/10
3. Emotional Rescue 9/10
4. She's So Cold 9/10
5. All About You 8/10

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: June 7, 2023 17:50

Aren't GHS and TY Deluxe just prove that they continue to re-release albums since the 2018 updated deal?

Anyway, Emotional Rescue has grown on me since I didn't particularly like it the first couple of times I heard it. Now I have to mention that I was born just a year before it came out, So I heard it for the first time somewhere in the early nineties. Somewhere between Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge and it sounded.. dated..

But some years after that I started to appreciate more and more songs. She's So Cold and Send it to me, I liked immediately, but it took me like 20 years to really like the title track ER and Dance.

At first ER was one of my least favorite Stones albums, amongst Undercover and Dirty Work. But nowadays I prefer it over Black and Blue and even IORR...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 7, 2023 18:12

Emotional Rescue was the lead single and the one you remember. Not exactly rock and roll though but somewhat trendy at the time. Dance is a groovy beat and She's So Cold a decent upbeat rock song.
The rest? Well... All in all a 2/5 album.

Posted by: Rambler62 ()
Date: June 7, 2023 18:20

No Milestone! To be Honest!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 7, 2023 22:02

matxil
It's not one of their 6 greatest, but it's still one of their good albums.
It's probably not even one of their 7 greatest! But it's somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Stoneage
Emotional Rescue was the lead single and the one you remember....

I remember it well, pretty shocking at the time! Miss You, also disco'y but it still had a rock vibe, raunchy vocals & lyrics ... but ER was pure disco! One of our Stones friends was so angry by that song, that he left as a Stones fan that day, and never returned!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home