Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Should Keith accept a knighthood if asked?
Date: September 3, 2015 16:12

One of his famous quotes when being asked what he thought of Mick being knighted was "I wouldn't let that family near me with a sharp stick, let alone a sword".
I don't suppose his thoughts on the subject have changed. When it comes to musical knights of the realm, it seems the drummers get left out of this 'honour'........arise Sir Charlie, Sir Ringo!

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: September 3, 2015 16:24

Sir Keef.....has a nice ring to it

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: September 3, 2015 16:29

Should Keith accept a knighthood if asked? - No.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 3, 2015 16:42

I'd have to guess that Keith is more than content with his title of "Riffmaster". After being a member of Brian & Ian's most exclusive club, The Rollin' Stones, for over 50 years, I'd say that becoming a Knight would feel like a step back. I know that given a choice of being a Stone or being a Sir, I'd rather be a Stone.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 3, 2015 17:43

This is quite funny from Mick and Keith. winking smiley

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 3, 2015 17:48

Since Keith and his family live in America now for decades, I think it's safe to say he has abandoned the old realm. smoking smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 3, 2015 18:16

Considering the fact that Sir Michael is not a commoner anymore, - shouldn't they rename the group to "Sir Michael and his Rolling Stones" to honour this?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 3, 2015 19:33

crawdaddy
This is quite funny from Mick and Keith. winking smiley

[youtu.be]

that's great :-)

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 3, 2015 19:36

Lady Jayne
Bliss
duke richardson
Why did Mick get knighted anyway? and if he got one, why didn't Keith? i understand someone like Bob Geldof being knighted.

But Keith has said "they wanted to run us out, now they give knighthoods " or words to that effect...don't think he'd want it.

Mick has had these aspirations since he was young. I recall an old interview where he mentioned this. And by affiliating with Tony Blair, it came to pass. But giving one to Keith was never on the cards.

I don't agree. Had Keith wanted one, I have no doubt he would have been nominated by Blair at the same time as Mick. He didn't, so he wasn't. You don't get the offer if on soundings you are likely to refuse.

That's why it was never on the cards. Had John Lennon lived, it would have been the same.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 3, 2015 19:45

Stoneage
Considering the fact that Sir Michael is not a commoner anymore, - shouldn't they rename the group to "Sir Michael and his Rolling Stones" to honour this?

(From Bill Wyman's "The Stones: A History in Cartoons")

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 3, 2015 19:48

Nice one, Green Lady!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 3, 2015 21:10

ive never thought of the author of "Happy" as not a happy person..

maybe a bit moody ..

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 4, 2015 00:08

Beast
Maybe the question in the thread title was meant to say "would" rather than "should"? In any case, some of us already hold Keith in far higher esteem than could ever be bestowed on him by any grade of British honour!

The vslue of any award depends on the credibility and credentials of the people who hand them out, which, imho makes knighthoods and peerages an absolute laugh. To his many millions of adoring fans, Keith is much better than a knighthood.

He's 'Our Keef' and no-one else is smileys with beer smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 4, 2015 00:37

Naturalust
Since Keith and his family live in America now for decades, I think it's safe to say he has abandoned the old realm. smoking smiley

Well, he still owns a home in England (Redlands), since 1966 in fact.
He could presumably apply for AMERICAN citizenship, but hasn't.
So he may still travel under a British passport, not sure.

Date: September 4, 2015 01:51

jlowe
Naturalust

Home is where the heart is and I don't think there is any doubt with Patti and the girls in CT/NYC where Keith's heart is. winking smiley I think you are right about citizenship however, not sure there is any benefit in him applying in the USA. He's probably got resident alien status which allows him to work, etc.

Date: September 4, 2015 01:56

If he wants to (so, no).

Date: September 4, 2015 19:56

"ALIEN STATUS".............love it!!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 4, 2015 20:53

Keith and his family are obviously very happy living in U.S.A.

He is obviously very British and a Londoner through and through ,and he combines U.S.A. /U.K. very well.

A great example of someone who can be classed as a person of the world, who has done so many things, and been to so many places we can just dream about.

He is very privileged...................and obviously very talented and got a few quid to be able to do all this.

Good on yer Keef. smileys with beer

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 4, 2015 21:04

Mick accepted the knighthood to impress his dad, and rightly so. Keith would reject a similar, garden-variety knighthood, but might give some thought to a baronetcy or hereditary peerage. Which would never happen in a million years, obviously.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 5, 2015 00:45

Naturalust
jlowe
Naturalust

Home is where the heart is and I don't think there is any doubt with Patti and the girls in CT/NYC where Keith's heart is. winking smiley I think you are right about citizenship however, not sure there is any benefit in him applying in the USA. He's probably got resident alien status which allows him to work, etc.

Yes, but Keith's heart is crosseyed... grinning smiley

Date: September 5, 2015 01:07

Beast
Naturalust
jlowe
Naturalust

Yes, but Keith's heart is crosseyed... grinning smiley

Excellent point.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 5, 2015 01:38

Stoneage

Sir Michael and His Rolling Knaves maybe?

Date: September 5, 2015 02:28

DeanGoodman
Mick accepted the knighthood to impress his dad, and rightly so. Keith would reject a similar, garden-variety knighthood, but might give some thought to a baronetcy or hereditary peerage. Which would never happen in a million years, obviously.

Hey Dean, probably not the right place for this comment but I've been reading some of the interviews and stories on your site and all I can saw is WOW! You rock my friend, thanks for all that.

Date: September 5, 2015 22:39

DeanGoodman
h

I'm not 100% sure about this but when Bill purchased his country pile, Gedding Hall in 1968 he "acquired" the title Lord of Gedding, or something like that.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 5, 2015 22:40

NO!!!!!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 6, 2015 07:15

Keith holds permanent residency in the United States, but remains solely a British citizen. His children by Patti Hansen are dual-nationals. He hasn't resided in the United Kingdom since leaving in 1971 for reasons of taxation. One benefit of continuity renewing his British passport could be for reasons of ease of travel. The British passport enables it's citizens to travel to more nations without the requirement of a visa than anywhere else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-06 07:31 by Big Al.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 6, 2015 07:15

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-06 07:20 by Big Al.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: September 6, 2015 11:16

i think he desverves it, and should receive it.
It would be acknowlement of the importance of rock and roll in this crazy world.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: September 6, 2015 17:37

SomeTorontoGirl
He'd never accept it. But when he's in town this month I'm gonna raid my lingerie drawer and make him a Knight of the Garter. No paltry honour! grinning smiley

Good, like to see this!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-06 17:39 by nightskyman.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: September 6, 2015 20:53

Green Lady

(From Bill Wyman's "The Stones: A History in Cartoons")
Funny to see Mick with a tambourine. That's one instrument that isn't associated with him at all.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home