Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ALBUM TALK Inspires TRACK TALK?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 2, 2015 17:54

With recent ALBUM TALK's going on about BLACK AND BLUE and SOME GIRLS there are/were BAB and SG TRACK TALK's happening.

Coincidence or does it seem to normally happen that way?

I tend to listen to those songs and LPs when they're being discussed more so than 'normal listening'.

Anyone else do that?

Re: ALBUM TALK Inspires TRACK TALK?
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 2, 2015 18:00

Turner68 and HMS seem to be taking turns in bringing up old track talks. grinning smiley

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: September 2, 2015 23:01

René surely has got an answer for this.

ALBUM TALK is a fairly new genre of thread, I must add, whereas TRACK TALK has been going on for years - alphabetically (!)

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 2, 2015 23:07

billwebster
René surely has got an answer for this.

ALBUM TALK is a fairly new genre of thread, I must add, whereas TRACK TALK has been going on for years - alphabetically (!)

Thanks to our tidy Green Lady!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 2, 2015 23:24

It's inevitable that when people talk about an Album they are going to talk about the tracks on that album. It is a bit unfortunate that people's deep discussions of individual tracks aren't posted on the Track Talks threads but the cross pollination is unavoidable. Certainly Track Talk was the inspiration for Album Talk and there is value in discussing the Albums as a whole. Perhaps when the discussion moves to individual songs the correct form would be to continue them on the Track Talk threads? confused smiley. Whatever, it's all good.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 3, 2015 06:00

The alphabetical order is René's - I just list 'em so that you can still find Gomper when you need to make some more disparaging remarks about it!

I can't be the only one who listens again (or sometimes for the first time) to whatever is being discussed this week. What I do find is that the new Album talks come around too quickly for me - by the time the argument on Aftermath is nicely under way we're already on to TSMR. O course there is going to be crossover - why not, as long as it can all be found when wanted?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 3, 2015 09:48

I agree that more space between two Album Talks would give us some room to go more deeply
into the albums. A week is a bit short.

I like the spin off from the albums talk to the track talks. New insights come from discussing
songs in the context of the album/time span. It's good (for the sake of having a great
archief of track talks) to take these insights on song level to the right thread.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 3, 2015 11:01

Beggar's Banquet is such a good album that one does not even need to talk about the tracks...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 3, 2015 14:04

Green Lady
I just list 'em so that you can still find Gomper when you need to make some more disparaging remarks about it!

angry smiley

Date: September 3, 2015 17:24

Just listened to the blistering 8:50 version of Gomper! thumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 3, 2015 17:37

DandelionPowderman

I think I'll do a Gomper marathon here and play all those versions on Satanic' box set. grinning smiley

Date: September 3, 2015 17:40

Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman

I think I'll do a Gomper marathon here and play all those versions on Satanic' box set. grinning smiley

That's what I'm doing right now smileys with beer

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 3, 2015 17:42

Talking about more than one album at the same time is not the problem. The major problem is to find the threads. Maybe some sort of "sticky"-solution should be applied.

Date: September 3, 2015 17:43

HMS
Talking about more than one album at the same time is not the problem. The major problem is to find the threads. Maybe some sort of "sticky"-solution should be applied.

HERE you go, mate.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1991
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home