Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 26 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2015 Season
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 16, 2016 12:25

Here we go...the best weekend of the NFL season. 4 big games in 2 days. I dodged a major bullet with work. I have to do weekend coverage every 3 or 4 weeks. I drew today but I will be home in time to catch most of today's action. No work tomorrow. Next weekend, when the NFC championship has the late slot, so no unseemly work interference with Hawks games. Priorities! I predict this weekend the home teams will prevail with the exception of Carolina. Hawks 30 Panthers 17. The Beast is back. Carolina, be afraid, be very afraid. GO HAWKS!!!!!!hot smiley

Date: January 17, 2016 07:08

packers were lucky. imo that was not a TD catch. the player never had control of the ball before it got punched out

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 17, 2016 08:35

keefriffhard4life
packers were lucky. imo that was not a TD catch. the player never had control of the ball before it got punched out

What are yoyu talking about? The ball didn't come lose until well after he was flat on his back. Doesn't really matter since the Cardinals won in overtime, but that sure was a good game to watch.

[www.youtube.com]

Seems clear to me.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 17, 2016 09:15

crholmstrom
Here we go...the best weekend of the NFL season. 4 big games in 2 days. I dodged a major bullet with work. I have to do weekend coverage every 3 or 4 weeks. I drew today but I will be home in time to catch most of today's action. No work tomorrow. Next weekend, when the NFC championship has the late slot, so no unseemly work interference with Hawks games. Priorities! I predict this weekend the home teams will prevail with the exception of Carolina. Hawks 30 Panthers 17. The Beast is back. Carolina, be afraid, be very afraid. GO HAWKS!!!!!!hot smiley

I hope you're right! Helluva game in Arizona tonight. Wow!

Date: January 17, 2016 09:59

mighty stork
keefriffhard4life

What are yoyu talking about? The ball didn't come lose until well after he was flat on his back. Doesn't really matter since the Cardinals won in overtime, but that sure was a good game to watch.

[www.youtube.com]

Seems clear to me.

yes the cardinals won so it didn't matter but the ball was moving the entire time. you have to show clear control

the player for green bay never showed any kinda control imo. the ball was constantly moving until it finally hit the ground. it was in both hands in the air, then just 1 hand when he was landing, then came loose before he landed and he pinned it for a second against his side but you could see the ball moving, then he tried to get it in his hands and it was punched and the nose touched the ground.

that's just what I say. I've seen them call more of a catch an incomplete pass. to me the receiver was juggling it the entire time when he started to land and never regained it

Date: January 17, 2016 15:13

Snow in Charlotte?!?!?!?! Love it! GO HAWKS!!!!!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 17, 2016 15:45

keefriffhard4life
mighty stork
keefriffhard4life

[www.youtube.com]

Seems clear to me.

yes the cardinals won so it didn't matter but the ball was moving the entire time. you have to show clear control

the player for green bay never showed any kinda control imo. the ball was constantly moving until it finally hit the ground. it was in both hands in the air, then just 1 hand when he was landing, then came loose before he landed and he pinned it for a second against his side but you could see the ball moving, then he tried to get it in his hands and it was punched and the nose touched the ground.

that's just what I say. I've seen them call more of a catch an incomplete pass. to me the receiver was juggling it the entire time when he started to land and never regained it

Got lucky on the hail mary? The Packers lost, so luck had nothing to do with it (Green Bay never got the opportunity to score again).

Date: January 17, 2016 16:40

Packers sure are a whiny bunch. That was a fantastic game. The NE/KC game not so much. Hope we get 2 good ones today.smileys with beer

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: January 17, 2016 17:52

crholmstrom
Packers sure are a whiny bunch. That was a fantastic game. The NE/KC game not so much. Hope we get 2 good ones today.smileys with beer

Whiny? They played a good game and almost won on the road against a tough team. Nothing to whine about. Now you want whiny, check out the boo hoo when the Seaturkeys lose

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 17, 2016 18:12

keefriffhard4life

He maintained possession. Hence a TD.

Date: January 17, 2016 18:15

I didn't see any whining from Green Bay.

Cincinnati, on the other hand... the new capital for crybabies. Cinciwhawha. Cincicrybabies. Cincinothing.

That team needs to fold. They're the San Diego Chargers of the east: completely pointless.

Date: January 17, 2016 18:42

GasLightStreet

Cincinnati, on the other hand... the new capital for crybabies. Cinciwhawha. Cincicrybabies. Cincinothing.

That team needs to fold. They're the San Diego Chargers of the east: completely pointless.

Aaron Rogers was biyachin about the coin flip & Clay Matthews the format of OT. They at home eating smelly cheese now. GO HAWKS!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 17, 2016 19:10

Seahawks by three in overtime. 31-28
Heard it here first.

Go Hawks!

Date: January 17, 2016 19:30

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

Aaron Rogers was biyachin about the coin flip & Clay Matthews the format of OT. They at home eating smelly cheese now. GO HAWKS!

Uh... THAT'S what you're calling whining? You made it sound like they whined the whole game. So it's because the coin didn't flip? Which, if you think about it, it doesn't have to because it's a coin toss, right?

From what I observed they were having a good laugh about it. I'm sure there was the angle of the Packers whining due to the OT coin toss handling during that New England game a couple weeks back.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: January 17, 2016 20:15

BYE BYE SEAHAWKS!

Date: January 17, 2016 20:16

MisterDDDD
Seahawks by three in overtime. 31-28
Heard it here first.

Go Hawks!

Care to change that? 14-0 Carolina in, what, 8 minutes?

More like Stuckmode for Seattle...

Date: January 17, 2016 20:44

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

He maintained possession. Hence a TD.
after review, call stood. Meaning they couldn't confirm he did or didn't

Date: January 17, 2016 20:46

Lmao. I knew Seattle were pretenders playing easy defenses at the end of the season.

Date: January 17, 2016 21:25

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
I'm no fan of Carolina but I'm pulling for them to beat Seattle, which they will most likely soundly do.

Not sure who to pick regarding Pittsburgh/Denver. It'd be nice to see Denver win so Peyton can win another Super Bowl and hopefully retire.

without brown playing for the steelers and with big ben hurt and possibly no RB for pittsburgh either i think denvers defense will be too much.

get this, the redskins played a playoff game and never beat a team all year that finish better than 8-8

You got that right - Washington sucks. Carolina had an easy schedule, only being challenged by the Saints, the one by the Falcants and, of all teams, Seattle.

so you think the panthers will beat seattle though even without being tested much all season?

So... as you've seen, it's 31-0 Carolina... I see some idiots running around the field in Charlotte wearing Seattle uniforms. Did the football team bother to show up?

Game was over before it started.

What a joke.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 17, 2016 23:18

Doo Doo Doo..

Congrats Carolina Fans!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 17, 2016 23:39

Congrats to Carolina. Can't believe they had to burn 2 timeouts in the second half because of poor clock management though.

Date: January 17, 2016 23:42

Too bad the Hawks didn't show up in the first half. They were destroyed with too big a hole to dig out of. Small consolation is they played well in the 2nd half. They'll be back next year albeit with some major changes. Perhaps a real O line? Sadly, I think that was it for the Beast as Seahawk. No way they are going to take 11-12 million dollar cap hit for him next year. I don't know if they are going to resign Russell Okung. He is mighty fragile for an O lineman. He's a journeyman at best. Congrats to Carolina. Should be a hell of a game against Arizona. I don't have a feel for the AFC. I don't see the Steelers winning today. We'll get Peyton vs Brady. CBS has already had to change their underwear. I'm gonna go find the sharp objects now....kidding!

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 18, 2016 00:03

This proves (obviously) that Carolina is for real...and earned a home game for NFC championship. Arizona will be a tough opponent, but likely Carolina will prevail.

From Seattle's perspective, it proves how difficult it is to get back to the Super Bowl (or win two Super Bowls).

Wish Steelers win and meet the Pats.

Date: January 18, 2016 07:28

New England will beat Denver - that Pittsburgh/Denver game was bizarre - Denver limped to a victory
Carolina will beat Arizona - Carolina went on snooze control but Seattle sucked

Cooler (experienced) heads will prevail in SB50...

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 18, 2016 23:48

keefriffhard4life
Lmao. I knew Seattle were pretenders playing easy defenses at the end of the season.

Pretenders... Really? wow guess the 2nd half of the game was all pretend then?
Awful start enough said and they need to shore up that O line - That team will be in the SuperBowl next year remember this prediction..
Losing Jimmy Graham hurt now matter what anyone say's... he was just coming on when he got hurt you just can't replace that.

Any way yea were out but we got to cheer our team on for 2 extra weeks !!

Go Hawks
LOB
12'S

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 18, 2016 23:49

Good News: Mom & I are speaking this week.

Bad News: It's only because my Steelers couldn't seal the deal. I don't mind getting beat by a better team, but it's no fun to lose a game that you should have won.

Officially taking my spot next to mom on the Pats bandwagon. I'm thinking that GaslIghtStreet's prediction above will come true. We'll know for sure in three weeks!

Sympathies extended to our group of Seahawks fans... Your boys almost pulled it off...

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 19, 2016 00:05

Carolina played a great game but my Hawks fought valiantly,

The Hawks will return. I will be rooting for Denver.

LOB!!!! GO HAWKS!

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 19, 2016 02:47

Yea toker I'm on the Denver bandwagon now also - don't think they will get there but I cannot cheer for Brady or Newton... just can't do it.
Actually I would not mind seeing the Cards take it, I like their coaching staff and Carson Palmer a war horse

Date: January 19, 2016 04:06

I think the darkside will prevail again. Belichek & Brady. God help us!

Date: January 19, 2016 15:05

umakmehrd
keefriffhard4life

Pretenders... Really? wow guess the 2nd half of the game was all pretend then?
Awful start enough said and they need to shore up that O line - That team will be in the SuperBowl next year remember this prediction..
Losing Jimmy Graham hurt now matter what anyone say's... he was just coming on when he got hurt you just can't replace that.

Any way yea were out but we got to cheer our team on for 2 extra weeks !!

Go Hawks
LOB
12'S

i'm going to give them credit for fighting in the 2nd half but i think carolina went to sleep and didn't play as hungry in the 2nd half. seattle should have been sitting at home already and lucked out the vikings blew a usual chip shot FG. my point was seattle around week 11 started played some really weak defensive teams and people were getting hype saying seattle was back. i knew seatlle wasn't going to score 31 points in the 2nd half though even if the panthers scored zero.

also people kept talking lynch. 6 carries for 20 yards. i know fewer carries because of the score but even 15 carries i think about 65 yards was his max

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 26 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home