Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 24 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2015 Season
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 10, 2016 04:10

Houston... what the hell!!!!!!!!! What a joke!

Date: January 10, 2016 06:13

GasLightStreet
Houston... what the hell!!!!!!!!! What a joke!

I was more upset at alex smith who made several silly mistakes he usually doesn't make

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 10, 2016 06:15

Bad football all the way around today.

Date: January 10, 2016 07:23

so great coach mike tomlin needs 30 yards in last minute penalties to beat the bengals 2nd string QB and a steelers assistant coach pulled a bengals players hair on the sidelines

Posted by: winter ()
Date: January 10, 2016 07:47

Whew. The most torrential rain-soaked game I've seen in recent memory, and the first time I recall there being a 20 yard "safe" zone between the two teams during warmups. A roller coaster of hits, plays, attitude, penalties and momentum shifts in the 4th quarter.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 10, 2016 07:54

Steelers / Bengels game was a lot more interesting to watch. Cincinnati fans didn't show much class as Big Ben was carted off, throwing objects on his way to the locker room to be checked out. "You don't live in Cleveland....."

Date: January 10, 2016 08:40

mighty stork
Steelers / Bengels game was a lot more interesting to watch. Cincinnati fans didn't show much class as Big Ben was carted off, throwing objects on his way to the locker room to be checked out. "You don't live in Cleveland....."

They all live in Ohio though....kidding! I don't get the midwest. Ocean child. I don't think Pittsburgh is getting by the next round though. Now on to the main attraction of the weekend. GO HAWKS!

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 10, 2016 08:49

Hope Washington beats Green Bay,just to make NFC playoffs more interesting.

Also for same reason want to see Minnesota somehow beating Seattle. And why not, Kansas City beating New England.

Date: January 10, 2016 11:19

nightskyman
Hope Washington beats Green Bay,just to make NFC playoffs more interesting.

Also for same reason want to see Minnesota somehow beating Seattle. And why not, Kansas City beating New England.

Don't think Minnesota (Bridgewater in particular) is quite ready for the next step. Nice season & progress but think next year more probable. GO HAWKS!

Date: January 10, 2016 13:19

winter
Whew. The most torrential rain-soaked game I've seen in recent memory, and the first time I recall there being a 20 yard "safe" zone between the two teams during warmups. A roller coaster of hits, plays, attitude, penalties and momentum shifts in the 4th quarter.

All the more amazing: acccording to Tracy Whoever, sideline announcer, Big Ben was carted into the xray room without his head!eye popping smiley

Date: January 10, 2016 16:12

The playoff rituals begin. These have been developed over the last 4 years & there are Stones aspects. Have worked pretty damn well so far for the most part. I can't really explain how they came to be, they just sort of happened.
1. ingest blueberries in some form
2. breakfast @ Easy Street Records Cafe consisting of "James Browns" (hash browns, veggies, bacon) & cappucino
3. clothing: Earl Thomas jersey on gameday (Russ Wilson on blue Friday), socks in Hawk colors, Legion of Boom tshirt, lucky hat (can't get style anymore), skull & cross bones boxers.
4. play "Jumpin Jack Flash" REAL LOUD
5. burn sandalwood incense @ Hawk/Keith altar. It has a framed pic of Keith overlooking it.

These are the basics. They change slightly if actually attending game depending on the time. Prediction for today: Hawks 17 Vikings 13. Baby, its cold outside! GO HAWKS! PS: if/when we go to the Super Bowl in 49ers stadium it will be like a home game. We are undefeated in that venue & you can bet there will be a huge contingent of Hawk fans there as its the closest NFL venue outside of Seattle. Just saying...hot smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 10, 2016 17:14

Just heard on espn that beast didn't make trip to Minnesota and would not play today???? Thought he was ready?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 10, 2016 18:09

What an ugly Steeler/Bengal game.
Should be know as the Classless Bowl.

Hawks job got tougher today with no Beast Mode, but they should still win handily.

Go Hawks!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-10 18:38 by MisterDDDD.

Date: January 10, 2016 18:41

mr_dja
Just heard on espn that beast didn't make trip to Minnesota and would not play today???? Thought he was ready?

Beast tweaked something during practice Friday & did not make the trip. If/when we win, I hope he is ready for Carolina next week. He's never had major surgery like that before & I'm sure he is more than a little nervous about getting hit as much as he does. Given the weather issues, I would rather have him sure of himself than hesitant. In Russ (& the best scoring D in the league again) we trust today!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: winter ()
Date: January 10, 2016 22:29

Crazy; all 3 playoff games this weekend have gone to the 4th quarter as shutouts. With Seattle finally on the board in Minnesota, it's still a possibility that all 4 playoff games could be won by the visiting teams. I wonder if that's ever happened.

Date: January 10, 2016 22:31

Hawks just took lead 10-9. I'm chain smoking....eye popping smiley

Date: January 10, 2016 23:06

OMG!hot smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 10, 2016 23:08

Vikings, that will go down as one of the biggest chokes in NFL history!

Date: January 10, 2016 23:55

So far the three losing teams yesterday and today choked.

Date: January 11, 2016 14:46

seattle moves on but lest be honest they should be sitting at home now

Date: January 11, 2016 15:06

crholmstrom
mighty stork

They all live in Ohio though....kidding! I don't get the midwest. Ocean child. I don't think Pittsburgh is getting by the next round though. Now on to the main attraction of the weekend. GO HAWKS!

That's not the Midwest, really, although I get that historically it culturally is, which either says a lot or a whole lot of nothing. History can be wrong - and it is - the Midwest is Colorado, Iowa, Nebraska, etc.

Date: January 11, 2016 15:10

Green Bay finally plays like Green Bay and whomps Washington, who wasn't and isn't very good or even good, they're just mediocre - like Houston. It's hilarious that the two piss poor division winners got their asses handed to 'em.

Missed kick aside, Minnesota will be a force to contend with in these next few years.

That Pittsburgh/Cincinnati game was hilarious. How in the world can one screw up so bad with a horrible hit to the head and then an arrogant penalty that costs the team THIRTY YARDS and hands the win to the Steelers?

That's absurd.

But it is as expected: Cinci - one and done. As usual.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: January 11, 2016 15:46

The hit on Antonio Brown was enough to make the Bengals deserving of a loss. Burfict should be suspended next season.

Interesting that all the away teams won. Seattle caught a break, but so did the Steelers.

Date: January 11, 2016 15:48

gimmelittledrink
The hit on Antonio Brown was enough to make the Bengals deserving of a loss. Burfict should be suspended next season.

I agree. It was a blatant head hunting job. Totally uncalled for.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: January 11, 2016 16:30

Also, Burfict deliberately rammed his knee in Roethisberger's shoulder after he sacked him. This is what probably injured Roethlisberger rather than the sack itself.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/10/replay-shows-burficts-sack-of-roethlisberger-not-so-clean-after-all/]Burfict sack[/url]

Date: January 11, 2016 17:52

keefriffhard4life

sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. the conditions during the game rendered all normal expectations mute. we will handle carolina next sunday. GO HAWKS!

Date: January 11, 2016 19:18

gimmelittledrink
Also, Burfict deliberately rammed his knee in Roethisberger's shoulder after he sacked him. This is what probably injured Roethlisberger rather than the sack itself.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/10/replay-shows-burficts-sack-of-roethlisberger-not-so-clean-after-all/]Burfict sack[/url]

Yeah, Burfict not innocent so Jones' protests on social media pretty pathethic. The team in general were not consistent and in the end (some of the defensive players) did not act appropriately imho.

The team ownership must be very devoted to Marvin Lewis, but frustrated.

Date: January 11, 2016 19:19

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. the conditions during the game rendered all normal expectations mute. we will handle carolina next sunday. GO HAWKS!

Should be good game and fitting that Seattle play Carolina.

If Carolina wins they are simply the Super Bowl favorites as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 11, 2016 20:44

keefriffhard4life

Look back at all the great teams in any sport - one common thread - they always seem to find a way to win...

PS - Yes keefriffhard4life I will finally agree on something with you... we had a huge horseshoe up our frozen a$$es...

Go Hawks !!

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 11, 2016 20:48

crholmstrom
The playoff rituals begin. These have been developed over the last 4 years & there are Stones aspects. Have worked pretty damn well so far for the most part. I can't really explain how they came to be, they just sort of happened.
1. ingest blueberries in some form
2. breakfast @ Easy Street Records Cafe consisting of "James Browns" (hash browns, veggies, bacon) & cappucino
3. clothing: Earl Thomas jersey on gameday (Russ Wilson on blue Friday), socks in Hawk colors, Legion of Boom tshirt, lucky hat (can't get style anymore), skull & cross bones boxers.
4. play "Jumpin Jack Flash" REAL LOUD
5. burn sandalwood incense @ Hawk/Keith altar. It has a framed pic of Keith overlooking it.

These are the basics. They change slightly if actually attending game depending on the time. Prediction for today: Hawks 17 Vikings 13. Baby, its cold outside! GO HAWKS! PS: if/when we go to the Super Bowl in 49ers stadium it will be like a home game. We are undefeated in that venue & you can bet there will be a huge contingent of Hawk fans there as its the closest NFL venue outside of Seattle. Just saying...hot smiley

Make sure you keep the ritual going this weekend !!

I must say I did not like a few of the coaching decisions during that game - our D was playing so well, why would we not punt the ball on those 4th downs in Minnesota territory? Pin them deep in side the 10... just baffled me.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 24 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home