Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2015 Season
Date: January 4, 2016 22:12

gimmelittledrink
Tomlin has coached 9 seasons and has never had a losing record. He's made the playoffs six times and has gone to the Superbowl twice (winning once). He's one of the top 3 coaches in the NFL.

Go Stillers!

umm he went 1 SB like the first or 2nd year after cowher retired and i counted once but about 90% of that roster was there when cowher was. the 2nd SB tomlin went to again i counted recently and the roster was still about 60% cowher players. now they are pretty much all gone and again tomlin is 37-30 over his last 67 games with the best WR in the league and what should be a HOF QB. the steelers haven't won a playoff game in 6 years and lets not mention that tim tebow has won a playoff game more recently that the steelers and tebow doesn't even play in the nfl anymore. tebow and the broncos beat the stacked steelers and the great tomlin in the playoffs a few years ago. thats sad

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: January 4, 2016 22:16

You could say that about almost any coach. What's the point? They won!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-04 22:18 by gimmelittledrink.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 4, 2016 22:50

keithriffhardforlife- Son, you need a new set of eyeglasses. Your team was
beaten like a bard yard dog in two quarters. Did you see the look in your
teams eyes down 30-6 at the half? PRICELESS.

There are a ton of great vision plans out there. Have a look at Group Health.

LOB! GO HAWKS!!

Home of the Seattle Seahawks and Jimi Hendrix.

Date: January 4, 2016 22:59

Midnight Toker
keithriffhardforlife- Son, you need a new set of eyeglasses. Your team was
beaten like a bard yard dog in two quarters. Did you see the look in your
teams eyes down 30-6 at the half? PRICELESS.

There are a ton of great vision plans out there. Have a look at Group Health.

LOB! GO HAWKS!!

Home of the Seattle Seahawks and Jimi Hendrix.

lol since my team is the jets my team wasn't beaten that bad and everyone on here knows i'm a jets fan. the cardinals are a team every year i'm shocked play so well

Date: January 4, 2016 23:02

gimmelittledrink
You could say that about almost any coach. What's the point? They won!

how many other coaches also stand in the way of jacoby jones returning a kick for the ravens? this guy is clearly not a top 3 coach in the nfl. without even looking or thinking arizona, the patriots, seatle and carolina have better coaches and 2 of those teams i hate so thats tough to even say. on the other hand i like the steelers but i think tomlin is overrated

Date: January 4, 2016 23:10

A lot of people think that but they are wrong. Some people still want Cowher to come back but they forget it took him 14 years to get a ring.

Date: January 4, 2016 23:21

gimmelittledrink
A lot of people think that but they are wrong. Some people still want Cowher to come back but they forget it took him 14 years to get a ring.

for the first 6-7 seasons cowher also had less talent than tomlin and then built it back up and finally won. again cowher essentially is responsible for the 2008 team that won the SB. cowher also went 3 straight years without winning a playoff game during his 15 seasons as the steelers coach. tomlin has been there only 9 seasons and already sitting at 4 straight years without winning a playoff game, if they drop it this year that means 5 straight years. lets not forget tomlin has had 6 seasons in which he hasn't won a playoff game out of 8 years coaching, can't count this year yet since the playoffs haven't startered. cowher only had 7 years where he didn't win a playoff game in his 15 years coaching the steelers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-04 23:23 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 4, 2016 23:42

I'm hearing rumors of Mike Holmgren taking over in SF.
know he has expressed a strong desire to do so..

Think he would be a good fit.
Would also up the ante on Seahawk/Forty-Niner rivalry.

Go Hawks!!

Date: January 4, 2016 23:47

gimmelittledrink
And even then the refs (admittedly) gave him that one.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 5, 2016 01:57

Yes I felt for the Jet's and to lose to Rex that really had to sting...
Well 12's its off to Minnesota can't wait!!gonna be a good one!! we are firing on all cylinders right now and have the Beast back in the fold !!!!

Go Hawks !!

Date: January 5, 2016 03:44

Like someone said the jets looked like they were playing not to lose and the bills were playing to win

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 5, 2016 13:33

Looks like Geno Smith not happy being considered backup for the Jets. Hahahaha. Maybe they can bring Joe Namath back. Seriously, they'll probably be a factor next year providing they make some decent moves in the offseason. I'd put them probably in same category as the Raiders. Getting close. They've got some time to figure it out, as they're not playing. I liked the Colt's surprise yesterday. I don't think that any coach could've done better this year given the injuries & such. Enough of the also rans, time for the playoffs. Looked at my weekend work schedule & I've dodged a couple of bullets. I will be home for the Hawk games. Whew! Beast me! GO HAWKS!smoking smiley

Date: January 5, 2016 16:57

Seattle lost to the Steelers in the Superbowl because they stunk, not because of the refs.

Date: January 5, 2016 17:16

gimmelittledrink
Seattle lost to the Steelers in the Superbowl because they stunk, not because of the refs.
Lol.

Date: January 5, 2016 18:08

gimmelittledrink
I'm just trying to figure out when refs said they gave the game to the steelers

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 5, 2016 18:29

keefriffhard4life
gimmelittledrink
I'm just trying to figure out when refs said they gave the game to the steelers

According to The Wikipedia Page at least one ref made comments after the game that indicate that he wished he had done better during the game. It doesn't appear that any of the refs have ever stated that they gave the game to the Steelers though.

I do know that, if this year's super bowl were to end the same way, this Steelers fan will be VERY happy! Go Steelers!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 5, 2016 21:07

Gimmielittledrink I think you've had too much to drink... haha
Did you even watch that Superbowl - I mean come on - that was a joke !!

Date: January 5, 2016 21:33

Referee Bill Leavy went on Leno and admitted the refs blew the game shortly after the Super Bowl. I believe the league issued an an apology/statement as well.

Also this from bleacher report..
[bleacherreport.com]

"Anyone who saw the game knew it at the time, even as the NFL, the network suits, and the people of Pittsburgh tried to claim otherwise.

The Seattle Seahawks easily defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers back in 2006. The game wasn't even that close.

But they couldn't beat the referees that day and so the Steelers, unjustly or not, were allowed to raise the Lombardi Trophy and claim their fifth Super Bowl title.

Back then there were a lot of rumors about why it happened. Everything from the league owners wanting to give one of the world's richest men his comeuppance, to the powers that be in the NFL felt they owed it to the Rooney family.

Now Bill Leavy, the head referee of the game is just plain saying he screwed up and didn't totally understand the rules of the game.

[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

I'm not sure why Leavy is coming out with this now.

Did he get clean and sober?

Is he writing a book?

Leavy said yesterday it's just something he wants to get off his chest.

As for the Steelers fans this is a disaster. They've long been defensive about what happened in 2006."

It's funny (now) but people point to last years last second devastating loss as perhaps the worse Super Bowl loss (for us fans) ever.
I say it wasn't even the worse Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl loss.

Losing to Pittsburgh (allegedlywinking smiley was. This was the Seahawks very FIRST appearance. The Rolling Stones played halftime.What's not to Love? The Refs that's who ; )

As far as last years last second loss, we had just won for the first time the previous year, so the sting wasn't nearly as bad as 2006. Like I said, not even the worse Seahawks Super Bowl loss...

Would LOVE a rematch this year with Pittsburgh in SF.. ; )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-05 21:42 by MisterDDDD.

Date: January 5, 2016 21:41

He was just looking to make news. Independent reviews showed the refs did a good job but that they missed a few calls that benefited Seattle.

Date: January 5, 2016 21:43

gimmelittledrink
He was just looking to make news. Independent reviews showed the refs did a good job but that they missed a few calls that benefited Seattle.

Again, LOL. ; )

Date: January 5, 2016 21:53

Seattle lost because they missed two field goals, had an incredibly bad turnover, allowed the Steelers to convert on 3rd and 27, allowed a 75 yard touchdown run, and stood by helplessly when a wide receiver threw a 43 yard TD pass.

Date: January 5, 2016 21:54

Not trying to make anyone upset or be snarky, gimmelittledrink,
but I do LOVE the fact that even though y'all "won" Super Bowl 40, fans like yourself are still having to try to defend it's legitimacy.

Date: January 5, 2016 21:58

And you are still promoting the myth that the Steelers only won because of the refs. Total nonsense.

Date: January 5, 2016 22:25

If you say so.
More time than I've spent thinking or communicating about it since it happened.

No one would expect the head refs admission to mean much to Stealer fans, you all won. And it was a great fun year for all filled with many Rolling Stones shows.

Can't blame me for bringing up the refs admission statements and reminding how controversial it was/is though..

Hope to see both teams in San Francisco!
Would be a fitting ten year anniversary rematch.

Date: January 5, 2016 22:46

And NOTHING that is posted/shared on a Rolling Stones message board will change the FACT that The Steelers won Super Bowl 40 and The Seahawks lost.

Note to the non-snarky MisterDDDD, The only reason Steelers fans are in the position to have to choose to defend the legitimacy of the Super Bowl 40 win is due to the ongoing insistence of the losing teams fans that their conspiracy theories somehow equate to truth/fact. At the end of the day, regardless of the how's & why's, the Steelers won Super Bowl 40 and the Seahawks lost. (Hopefully that wasn't snarky of me!)

While I've still got the chance... GO 2016 STEELERS!!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 5, 2016 23:07

First to point your first comment out there genius.

The above posted article sure had it right..

"Now Bill Leavy, the head referee of the game is just plain saying he screwed up and didn't totally understand the rules of the game. Anyone who saw the game knew it at the time, even as the NFL, the network suits, and the people of Pittsburgh tried to claim otherwise. "
"
As for the Steelers fans this is a disaster. They've long been defensive about what happened in 2006."

Snark me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-05 23:09 by MisterDDDD.

Date: January 5, 2016 23:32

I love it how ALL fans are lumped into the same category. I've been a Steelers fan since the Mid-70's (ever since Lynn Swann moved in next door to my aunt) and I've never once felt the need to be defensive about what happened in 2006. I still don't. No disaster for this Steelers fan, that's for sure! Apparently the writer of the article that you think has is right decided that sweeping generalizations would make his audience happier than accurate reporting.

Funny that, prior to this conversation, the only thing I remember about that Super Bowl was my kids laughing at the way the lead singer of the half-time entertainment danced. Until this conversation, I wouldn't have been able to tell you that there was controversy with the officiating or who the Steelers beat that day.

Maybe I'm not that much of a fan... I could have told you that the Steelers had won six super bowls but only would have been able to name four of their opponents. I do know who beat them one time they lost but not the other.

Again, While I've still got the chance... GO 2016 STEELERS!!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 6, 2016 00:33

Haha Mr DJA love that you remember your kids comments That's awesome...
Your right Gimmie... The Steeler's lifted the Lombardi that year even though they were outplayed and got a little help from their stripped friends haha But at the end of 60 it was all yours.. Don't think you have any chance this year !!

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 6, 2016 00:48

gimmelittledrink- The 2005 season is ancient history, but if you think that the refs were on top of their game, you are sadly mistaken. Rothleisberger did not get into the end zone on the QB sneak and there was no holding on WR Darell Jackson in the end zone. That is a 14 point turn around and the game.

2015-2016 --GO HAWKS and the LOB!!!!

keithriffhard- I was pulling for the Jets also. I like Todd Bowles
and the Jets are 1-2 players away from winning the division.

Date: January 6, 2016 07:13

Midnight Toker
gimmelittledrink- The 2005 season is ancient history, but if you think that the refs were on top of their game, you are sadly mistaken. Rothleisberger did not get into the end zone on the QB sneak and there was no holding on WR Darell Jackson in the end zone. That is a 14 point turn around and the game.

2015-2016 --GO HAWKS and the LOB!!!!

keithriffhard- I was pulling for the Jets also. I like Todd Bowles
and the Jets are 1-2 players away from winning the division.

I'd say more like 6-7 players away

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1516
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home