Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2015 Season
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 5, 2015 16:49

Chris Fountain
Ross, owner of the Dolphins could be firing Philbin today. Sadly enough, he is the type of person that deserves to succeed. However, when the QB can't complete a simple screen pass to a "back" this raises many questions. This happened numerous times yesterday. Also, how can a pro player be called for "False Start" when they are paid hundreds of thousand dollars a year?

This is a tough situation for everyone involved.

I agree

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 6, 2015 05:32

Seattle is in good shape tonight. The OL is providing multiple opportunites (sounds lke Obama LOL) and defense looks good

Date: October 6, 2015 06:11

Damn- this game has entirely changed.

Date: October 6, 2015 06:17

That forced fumble could be the best play for the Hawks's season.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: October 6, 2015 07:05

Chris Fountain

Now they are saying that since the Seahawks player knocked it out of the end zone. Rules state it should go back to Detroit at the spot of the fumble.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 6, 2015 12:36

RockinJive
Chris Fountain

Now they are saying that since the Seahawks player knocked it out of the end zone. Rules state it should go back to Detroit at the spot of the fumble.

Goes to show that NFL needs to rethink the rules about reviews. They couldn't because it was a judgement call like pass interference. Whew!smoking smiley

Date: October 6, 2015 14:30

This may seem like a strange question. Didn't the Seahawks stadium use to have natural turf?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 6, 2015 15:08

crholmstrom
RockinJive
Chris Fountain

Goes to show that NFL needs to rethink the rules about reviews. They couldn't because it was a judgement call like pass interference. Whew!smoking smiley

KJ Wright batted the ball out of bounds. That's illegal. That's not the NFL needing to rethink the rules, it's the refs needing to be sure about what they're doing. Not overt? He batted the ball. It's not a matter of "being slightly pregnant". Detroit should've gotten the ball back.

Date: October 6, 2015 15:25

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
RockinJive
Chris Fountain

KJ Wright batted the ball out of bounds. That's illegal. That's not the NFL needing to rethink the rules, it's the refs needing to be sure about what they're doing. Not overt? He batted the ball. It's not a matter of "being slightly pregnant". Detroit should've gotten the ball back.

Are you saying it is illegal to have a legitimate forced fumble?

Date: October 6, 2015 15:32

Chris Fountain
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
RockinJive
Chris Fountain

No. And I think I misunderstood what crholmstrom said. The fumble was a fumble. No one is questioning that. That batting the ball out of the end zone is the problem.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 6, 2015 15:35

Chris Fountain
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
RockinJive
Chris Fountain

From what I understand, the illegal part was not the forcing of the fumble but the second Seahawks player knocking it out of the back of the end zone on purpose. Apparently, the correct result of that play should have been Lions ball on about the 1/2 yard line, 1st down, goal to go. A shame that the an incorrect call had such an effect on the outcome of the game but, it is what it is.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: October 6, 2015 15:37

Yes. Somehow the fumble has been misunderstood to be illegal when that's clearly not the case.

Date: October 6, 2015 15:42

GasLightStreet
Chris Fountain
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
RockinJive
Chris Fountain

No. And I think I misunderstood what crholmstrom said. The fumble was a fumble. No one is questioning that. That batting the ball out of the end zone is the problem.

Yeah - it is a struggle when all ref calls become questionable. BTW these refs are paid high dollars as well in the NFL marketing scheme.

Date: October 6, 2015 15:49

STRUGGLE!
[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 6, 2015 16:46

ell refs certainly screwed that up and screwed detroit out of a win

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 6, 2015 20:25

the Pats practice ball-batting...

[ftw.usatoday.com]

Date: October 6, 2015 21:45

keefriffhard4life
ell refs certainly screwed that up and screwed detroit out of a win

No doubt about it

Date: October 6, 2015 21:48

This issue is really irrelevant to the game results.

Date: October 6, 2015 22:26

Chris Fountain

the ball would of been on the 6 inch line how can you say that

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 6, 2015 22:29

More Hot Rocks
Chris Fountain

And it would of been 1st down

Date: October 6, 2015 22:32

More Hot Rocks
Chris Fountain

Are you saying there has never been an unfavorable call against the Seahhawks? Even in the same game itself?

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: October 6, 2015 22:33

Seattle wont have a winning record this year. Poor team on the way down. They are still crying over the superbowl loss.

Date: October 6, 2015 22:38

RockinJive
Seattle wont have a winning record this year. Poor team on the way down. They are still crying over the superbowl loss.

I would lay the cards on a great coach and quarterback and fanbase.

Date: October 6, 2015 22:48

Chris Fountain
RockinJive

pete carroll the great coach? maybe you should look up this guys history of cheating and not only that getting out coached, his time with the jets falling for the marino fake spike, the bad superbowl play, losing to the rams the first game of this year

Date: October 6, 2015 23:39

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
RockinJive

pete carroll the great coach? maybe you should look up this guys history of cheating and not only that getting out coached, his time with the jets falling for the marino fake spike, the bad superbowl play, losing to the rams the first game of this year

I would be embhassed as a Jets fan with that nutcase at Wembley Stadium shouting a stupid Jets chant. It is also a copy cat of the Baltimore Colts chant of C-O-L-T-S.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-06 23:41 by Chris Fountain.

Date: October 7, 2015 00:08

It is really difficult to deal with the Jets and Patriots on a weekly basis. Now even the Bills are cuddly with the Press. What a sad situation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-07 00:20 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 7, 2015 02:08

Just to clarify: I admit that the batted ball was a bad call but under the current rules it wasn't reviewable. That's a bad rule. I will take the win though. Just saying....winking smiley

Date: October 7, 2015 02:13

crholmstrom
Just to clarify: I admit that the batted ball was a bad call but under the current rules it wasn't reviewable. That's a bad rule. I will take the win though. Just saying....winking smiley

thats what I don't get. It was part of a fumble and all turnovers are reviewed so the entire thing should be reviewable

Date: October 7, 2015 04:23

Chris Fountain
More Hot Rocks
Chris Fountain

Are you saying there has never been an unfavorable call against the Seahhawks? Even in the same game itself?

How did you get that out of my comment? Im saying Detroit had 4 more chances to punch it in the endzone from the 6 in mark. I dont think think they would of ran a slant pattern like when you guys blew the supper bowl.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 7, 2015 04:24

More Hot Rocks
Chris Fountain
More Hot Rocks
Chris Fountain

How did you get that out of my comment? Im saying Detroit had 4 more chances to punch it in the endzone from the 6 in mark. I dont think think they would of ran a slant pattern like when you guys blew the supper bowl.

lol

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home