Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Keith Richards New York Times Article
Date: August 27, 2015 04:29

[www.nytimes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-27 15:01 by bv.

Re: KEITH RICHARDS New York Times Article
Posted by: Olly ()
Date: August 27, 2015 04:34

Mr. Richards.

Olly.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: August 27, 2015 05:13

Alwaqys the same interview really, Keith is very good at maintaining his privacy. Very different from Charone's book. I'd love more Keithisms, nothing personal per se just shoot the shit stuff. Since he has expressed a desire to be a librarian- how about an annotated bibliography of his favorite books or even better research by him on whatever, I can't help but think a history of whatever by him would be great. I like margnalia, I think that would be a good topic for him....

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 27, 2015 05:27

Librarian
Alwaqys the same interview really, Keith is very good at maintaining his privacy. Very different from Charone's book. I'd love more Keithisms, nothing personal per se just shoot the shit stuff. Since he has expressed a desire to be a librarian- how about an annotated bibliography of his favorite books or even better research by him on whatever, I can't help but think a history of whatever by him would be great. I like margnalia, I think that would be a good topic for him....

He has some good quotes in here... on being famous...
Pop fame, he now insists, was never his goal. “I only did it by accident. All I wanted to do was play. And then given the time that we were working in, ’63, ’64, you realized you can’t just sit around and make records. You have to become famous,” he said. “To tell the truth, I didn’t mind it once it was going. I mean, I’m 19 and all these chicks are screaming at me,” more amorous, he added, than they had been six months earlier. “But at the same time you’ve done the crossroads bit without knowing it” — that is, in blues lore, selling one’s soul to the Devil.

At times, it can be a bit annoying, but who are you to get annoyed because people like you?” he said with a chuckle. “Live with it, pal.”

if that's an old keith soundbite, i missed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-27 06:04 by Turner68.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 27, 2015 05:40

'“Nobody wants to croak, but nobody wants to get old,” '

It's these one liners he tosses off, that contain true wisdom, love it.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: August 27, 2015 05:46

I love interviews/biography etc. and I have read many Keith interviews (I am a real librarian BTW) and can say, yeah I have heard all of this, BUT to be fair I think
the interviewers are not very good.

If I had a chance to interview Keith (and others, I love inetrviews, love the idea of Interview magazine also) I'd query him on topics (not RS) not himself, too easy, too invasive- I like to catalog people so to speak. :-)

ps
I don't blame Keith, he's hysterical and wise, I guess I'd jst liek more material, he's a font and he seems like a decent person.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-27 05:47 by Librarian.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 27, 2015 06:46

Librarian, we vote you to do the next Keith interview. He likes libraries...
Me too. Oh the quiet solitude, must be heaven, says me with loud kids.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: August 27, 2015 07:21

Olly
Mr. Richards.

God bless the New York Times Manual of Style and Usage.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: August 27, 2015 07:27

Nice dig at Sir Michael in the last sentence here:

“The record’s been finished for about a year, but then the Stones go back into work. Oh, right,” Mr. Richards said. “We’ve been holding it back and finding the right space to put it out. But the Stones won’t be working again until next year. So I do have this space to do something on my own without anybody getting their feathers ruffled.”

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 27, 2015 08:06

LongBeachArena72
Nice dig at Sir Michael in the last sentence here:

“The record’s been finished for about a year, but then the Stones go back into work. Oh, right,” Mr. Richards said. “We’ve been holding it back and finding the right space to put it out. But the Stones won’t be working again until next year. So I do have this space to do something on my own without anybody getting their feathers ruffled.”

Indeed, I saw that too. This to me fits my hypothesis that at a certain point in the last 20 years Keith just kind of mentally checked out of thinking about the Rolling Stones as a band where he could do creative fun things, and it became more of a (very very profitable) family obligation more than anything else. He found movies, writing books, and thankfully making this record to keep himself occupied.

Date: August 27, 2015 11:28

<the album was recorded on analog tape>

thumbs up

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 27, 2015 14:00

I loved reading the interview and it looks set for Keith do do a few Wino gigs and South America early 2016.

Gets annoying though when ALL the way through the interview, the guy insists on saying Mr Richards.

The guys name is Keith or even Keef. Makes a written interview just that little bit more better. winking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 27, 2015 14:24

Always amuses me that the NY Times insists on calling everyone Mr (or Ms ) so and so, no matter how inappropriate it feels.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 27, 2015 14:25

Dig the brilliant choice of photo to illustrate the Glimmer Twins -
what eloquent expressions they both have! :E

- Honolulu January 21st or 22nd 1973 by Robert Knight

I love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 27, 2015 14:37

What an article!!!

Posted by: itsallovernow ()
Date: August 27, 2015 14:40

Keeeeeeeeef! Hope the Winos play NYC!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 27, 2015 14:56

I think it's a lovely article, but a typical puff piece. The biggest influence in Keith's life, and reason for down time and withdrawal from music and other activities after the 2007 tour, was understandably Patti's illness. It knocked him on his ass. So grateful that she's fully recovered and he's back to being Keith.

Re: Keith Richards New York Times Article
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 27, 2015 15:13

Well, hoping for some European gigs Keef !!!
Maybe the Paradiso, Amsterdam????

One Love

jeroen

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 27, 2015 15:47

crawdaddy
Gets annoying though when ALL the way through the interview, the guy insists on saying Mr Richards.

That's the style of the NYT, not the journalist.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 27, 2015 15:49

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 27, 2015 15:59

Librarian

I blame the interviewers
I could give Keith the best interview ever
Start of with don't go back to the childhood, singing in a choir or the 60's and 70's
We heard it all before a million times
We want a more personal interview and let the man flow and talk
Ask him about here and now
What he thinks and what he feels
His children his music his wife his homes his life

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 27, 2015 16:01

Beautiful pic, Tumbled. Thanks !!!
jeroen

Re: The Department of Where Credit Is Due
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 27, 2015 16:13

tumbled

This splendid photo was taken by Hedi Slimane.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 27, 2015 16:29

So clearly nothing has worked for the Stones to work on a new album this year. And next year is still just...

Obviously it's not Keith that doesn't want to make an album.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 27, 2015 16:32

All four of the lads have 50+ years of dealing with the media and will never say anything the interviewer is trying to squeeze out of them about,friends,family,personal life etc.

Interesting things have been said in Ronnies' and Keiths' books, but nothing we don't already know or is gonna get that 'Wow! that's amazing' feel about it.

Can't blame them, as we all deserve privacy and having confidences ,even if it's a book about yourself and your life.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: August 27, 2015 16:36

keefriffhards
I'd love to hear Keith make an appearance on Howard Stern's show. Love him or hate him, Howard's interviews can be quite compelling.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 27, 2015 16:53

Boognish
keefriffhards
I'd love to hear Keith make an appearance on Howard Stern's show. Love him or hate him, Howard's interviews can be quite compelling.

agreed, which is why Keith won't go on that show.

I wonder if he wants to, but Jane Rose keeps talking him out of it.

Keith and Mick both did brief spots with Marc Maron, who is one of the better talkers.

but they were guarded and not much was said..

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: August 27, 2015 17:22

Boognish
keefriffhards
Howard would work hard to break their walls down, which i'm sure is why Keith or Mick have never agreed to be on.

Posted by: SL818 ()
Date: August 27, 2015 17:23

DandelionPowderman
<the album was recorded on analog tape>

thumbs up

judging from "trouble" they only used tape to get the sound, but then transferred it into the computer with lot´s of edits and overdubs and pitch and time corrections.

so not exactly old school.

not sure tape is worth the hassle in this case.

Re: The Department of Where Credit Is Due
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 27, 2015 18:20

with sssoul
tumbled

This splendid photo was taken by Hedi Slimane.

Too bad the guys uses digi-crap which makes Keith's skin (or anyone's) look like plastic. I imagine the same pic taken with TRI-X film... thumbs up

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home