Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Paris
Posted by: I'm Stoned ()
Date: August 6, 2005 19:17

Hello,

I know this has been a thread before, but whatever....:

I'm planning to go to paris next week and I was wondering if any of you could tell me which places are worth visiting for Stones collectables: albums, posters, art, etc... Thank you!

Dennis: "I'm Stoned"

Re: Paris
Date: August 6, 2005 20:40

Nobody?

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: August 6, 2005 20:44

Hello Stoned,

I would recommend Monster Melodies. The record stores in Paris are not that great and are very overpriced. Montpelier and Marseille to the south have better record stores. Wait until you go to London and hit any of the three Music Exhanges.... especially the one in Knotting Hill Gate.

Cheers from Phoenix,

Craig

Posted by: stonecowboy ()
Date: August 6, 2005 20:49

Where is the one in Notting Hill???

Date: August 6, 2005 21:37

Thank you Charles,

has anybody else have any ideas regarding to paris.......

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 6, 2005 22:35

Visit the SOME GIRLS bar.

Anyone else must help with the address, please.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: August 7, 2005 03:38

Hello Stoned Cowboy,

The Music Exchange in Knotting Hill may not technically be in Knotting Hill but it is close enough to be considered Knotting Hill. I remember that this locations had 2 record stores. One dealt with Jazz and R&B and the other was strictly rock. The third floor of the rock annex store had the most interesting pieces and they grade very conservatively which is a good thing. I remember that I bought "Rolling Stones No. 2" there listed as a VG condition for 68 Quid. When I listen to it, it is more like a strong VG+ near excellent vinyl. Of course nobody wants to pay this much for a record, but isn't it great to know that you can come to one place where you won't be disappointed.

Cheers,

Craig in Phoenix

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 7, 2005 23:08

Donnow any hot Stones-spot (others surely will do!);
but try this place * : Brasserie Lipp, in St. Germain.
Est. since 1880.

Here´s some people that use/used to eat there:
"Marcel Proust used to send for jugs of the Alsatian beer from across town, Hemingway wrote his pre-war dispatches from here, and in the Fifties Chagall, Camus, Jean Genet, Balthus, Michèle Morgan, Françoise Sagan, Charles Trenet and Simone Signoret with Yves Montand were all regular habitués of this famous establishment. Late President François Mitterand was one of Lipp's inner circle as well as Harrison Ford, Gérard Depardieu, Gregory Peck and President Jacques Chirac when he was Mayor of Paris. A few recent visitors include Sharon Stone, Richard Gere, Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzeneger", plus Baboon Bro.
Text from their web site [www.ila-chateau.com].

* (quoted): The Brasserie Lipp is not a restaurant: it insists - correctly - on being called a brasserie, a place to drink beer, or wine, or coffee, and to eat the reknowned Alsatian cuisine, almost austere in its simplicity but copious in its portions. It is a place to converse, to read and even to write. The menu has evolved slowly and meticulously with the years, with specialities like Hareng Bismark (pickled Baltic herring) introduced in 1928. Other notables include the Choucroute Lipp (sauerkraut with sausages, pork and ham), Pied de Porc Farci Grillé (grilled pigs trotters), and for desert an exquisite Millefeuille. All these can be downed with beer or the house Riesling, served from elegant carafes. Alternatively, a selection of fine wines, champagnes and spirits are available, although Cola drinks have been banished and pipe smoking or using mobile telephones are strictly forbidden !

Adr: 151, Bld. Saint-Germain
75006 Paris

I recommend lamb & the 20 y o Calvados.

Posted by: stonecowboy ()
Date: August 7, 2005 23:12

Cheetrs Craig. I will check it out.

"stonecowboy"

Posted by: openthedoor ()
Date: August 7, 2005 23:32

visit le marche porte du clignacourt.
le marche is every weekend.
There are a lot of old rare vinyl things.
I was there some weeks ago and I saw for example
the original Brown sugar 45'single, AC/DC's touch too much 45'single,...
a lot of other stones lp's.
There are also cd's but not so rare things.
have fun!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 24, 2012 10:21

Baboon Bro
Brasserie Lipp, in St. Germain.
Est. since 1880.

Marcel Proust used to send for jugs of the Alsatian beer from across town.

In Marcel Proust's IN SEARCH OF LOST TIME the narrator's grandmother has a stroke in the Bois de Boulogne. So bad things happen in the Bois de Boulogne!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 24, 2012 11:02

I heard Mick has an apartment on Rue de Babylone.

You could visit Pathé studios.

But really, there's a lot more to Paris than the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 24, 2012 11:28

Bliss
there's a lot more to Paris than the Rolling Stones.

You can say that again, but it will probably fall on deaf ears since this thread is 6-1/2 years old !

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 24, 2012 12:12

if you're looking for LPs walk around Quartier Latin especially boulevard Saint Michel and rue des écoles
you'll find a lot a places for every prices such as Boulinier, Gibert, Crocodisc, Crocojazz ...
Parallèles is a nice place too near Chatelet
it's close to Monster Melody but cheaper

enjoy ! it's springtime now and it's a good to walk around

look at this list it might help
[www.encyclopedisque.fr]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1923
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home