Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 28
Re: OT: Guns n' Roses - Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 7, 2016 13:05

mnewman505
Meh, you guys are splitting hairs. I paid my $25 to see Slash and Axl, that's what most of us are paying to see when it comes right down to it. Yes, Izzy's contributions to the band are absolutely massive but he CHOSE to turn down millions and not participate in this tour. His choice...he's not being excluded by anyone. Duff is a stud as always and the man has the body of an olympic swimmer with all that martial arts crap he does. I'm not sure what happened with the drummer situation and i'll admit Ferrer was the weak link of the sidemen. He kicked, but not hard enough. Fortus is a wonderfully fluid player and he belongs there, he knows the material inside and out. I can at least hear Dizzy in the mix but I have no idea what Melissa Reese is doing up there. Her musical credentials are impeccable for someone so young but i'm not sure I can identify what she is doing.

Is this tour worth the top $250, $150 prices? No. With Izzy and Adler/Sorum it would be. But if you have a chance to buy a ticket for under $100 in a decent spot in the stadium i'd go for it. Although very limited, their studio output is some of the best hard rock ever put to tape. Very happy I made the effort.

This.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 7, 2016 14:15

Can't wait for the 12th of July. It's going to be fun. Wooldridge love to see izzy as a surprise guest.

Date: July 7, 2016 15:56

DandelionPowderman
The Zip Code Tour:

thats capacity before the stage setup and closed off sections. for instance arrowhead stadiums attendance was 49,502 but capacity is 75,000.
look at the actual attendance numbers

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-07 15:56 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: July 7, 2016 16:09

keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman
The Zip Code Tour:

thats capacity before the stage setup and closed off sections. for instance arrowhead stadiums attendance was 49,502 but capacity is 75,000.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Well, I didn't see shows on this US tour, but the reports said packed stadiums, and the AT&T Stadium, for instance, looks packed to me: [www.iorr.org]

PS: He he, 59.000 was the highest attendance, I see now. Well, you're right about that being lower than 60.000 smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-07 16:12 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: July 7, 2016 16:16

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman
The Zip Code Tour:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Well, I didn't see shows on this US tour, but the reports said packed stadiums, and the AT&T Stadium, for instance, looks packed to me: [www.iorr.org]

PS: He he, 59.000 was the highest attendance, I see now. Well, you're right about that being lower than 60.000 smiling smiley

well all available tickets were sold so thats packed but you see its not like GNRs numbers are way off of what a huge band like the rolling stones are making sure sells out.

Date: July 7, 2016 16:18

keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman
The Zip Code Tour:

[en.wikipedia.org]

well all available tickets were sold so thats packed but you see its not like GNRs numbers are way off of what a huge band like the rolling stones are making sure sells out.

I understand that. There are no half-empty stadiums, judging from the clips I've seen so far. Steven did well, btw thumbs up

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 7, 2016 16:21

Adler makes it sound ten times better. Get him back full time, cut the set down to just AFD and Lies, tell Izzy to get his arse back pronto and ditch all the other arseholes that aren't needed

Job done.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 7, 2016 16:32

I'm so happy this morning reading and seeing the videos of Steven back behind the kit. He deserves it and so do the fans.

Axl vaulted up the steps to fist bump him after the first song, Duff stood up there banging away with him and even Slash was caught on camera SMILING!

4 out of 5...
Where's Izzy?!

This is the best tour out there this summer for all kinds of reasons.

Date: July 7, 2016 16:35

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 7, 2016 16:38

It was a great show last night... Big surprise to see Adler join them onstage, and he was all smiles the whole time. Come out for the final bow, too.

Surprising to see the size of the crowd. I assume they moved down folks from the upper deck, or did they not even sell those? I had a bud buy our seats so I never really checked TM to see where availability was... All business as far as a timely start time, and Axl seemed to enjoy himself up there... Slash is a beast and deserves all the praise he gets. Fortus (or against us) jammed too. Duff rocked it as well.

Only saw them once before, in '92 at the Hoosier Dome with Metallica and Faith No More about a week before the infamous meltdown at Stade Olympique in Montreal. That was a great show but started way late and Axl was wound up back then...

Had a great time last night, and check out Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown... Bluesy Nashville outfit kicked ass opening. Seein' them with AC/DC in Columbus in September.

Date: July 7, 2016 16:38

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: July 7, 2016 16:46

TKinOH
It was a great show last night... Big surprise to see Adler join them onstage, and he was all smiles the whole time. Come out for the final bow, too.

Surprising to see the size of the crowd. I assume they moved down folks from the upper deck, or did they not even sell those? I had a bud buy our seats so I never really checked TM to see where availability was... All business as far as a timely start time, and Axl seemed to enjoy himself up there... Slash is a beast and deserves all the praise he gets. Fortus (or against us) jammed too. Duff rocked it as well.

Only saw them once before, in '92 at the Hoosier Dome with Metallica and Faith No More about a week before the infamous meltdown at Stade Olympique in Montreal. That was a great show but started way late and Axl was wound up back then...

Had a great time last night, and check out Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown... Bluesy Nashville outfit kicked ass opening. Seein' them with AC/DC in Columbus in September.

Right on Man, thanks for your in person review. Rock and roll is a good time! smileys with beer

Date: July 7, 2016 16:58

RollingFreak
I assume they had a feeling the shows might not sell completely out in stadiums which is why they had the hefty price tag. Again, all guesses on my part, but as long as they sold a good chunk of tickets, maybe not even 50%, at the prices they had, they'd be fine. In the end, if they played arenas for this price, that's 20,000. The stadium is basically two nights in an arena, or more, so as long as they sell that, which by the looks of it they are, I'm guessing they're fine. If the shows were cheaper, I'd say they might be at risk, but at $300 a head, I'm sure they knew they could risk selling less and still breaking even/profiting.
thumbs up

It is a success and that is a good thing.

On the other hand...
I continue to find it puzzling and somewhat amusing how certain people always feel obligated to park themselves in threads like this when they are not fans of the topic, band, tour, person or RIP person etc etc... and go on and on and on arguing with people who are simply talking about the good times.

I find it odd how weirdos getoff on yelling at other people online telling them they are not really having a good time and/or the thing they enjoy actually sucks... as if they are going to suddenly convince anyone to also hate the topic, band, tour, person or RIP person. But I guess that is just the way some people are.

Date: July 7, 2016 17:01

Kurt
Kurt!!!! smileys with beer gets it!!

ROCK AND ROLL!!!

Well Well Well!!! My MmmmmMichelle!!

I love it when I song I was rocking to last night is still playing in my head the next day...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 7, 2016 17:05

Totally agree. Makes no sense.

Thanks for the in person review TKinOH! You witnessed history!

And yeah, really cool of Axl to bring that Tyler band out since they are touring with AC/DC too, so he obviously had a hand in that.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 7, 2016 20:17

Nice to see Adler back in Cincinnati for two songs, guess they'd kept him in reserve to sell these difficult second nights ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 7, 2016 20:19

gotdablouse
Nice to see Adler back in Cincinnati for two songs, guess they'd kept him in reserve to sell these difficult second nights ;-)
Maybe although it wouldn't make sense why they waited till after the second Chicago show.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 7, 2016 21:02

Maybe it's an audition for Adler , for Axl to see and hear if he still can bring it.Then you just need to get Izzy back in the fold but i think it is that much more complicated .

Date: July 7, 2016 21:29

TheGreek
Maybe it's an audition for Adler , for Axl to see and hear if he still can bring it.Then you just need to get Izzy back in the fold but i think it is that much more complicated .

Maybe, but he was supposedly rehearsing with them then had to get back surgery, so this isn't altogether surprising. I'd be way more surprised if Izzy showed up because, even though he's played with Axl more in the past, he has outright said he's not involved. Meanwhile Adler was under a total gag order cause he said nothing for months.

The whole thing is very strange. Steven it seems was definitely involved at some point and would show up. Izzy it seems is completely out as of now and has nothing to do with them, despite the fact that he's been friendly with all of them the past 20 years while Adler hadn't played with Axl in 26 years.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 8, 2016 08:01

As far as an audition for Adler, you've gotta figure they all knew he could deliver the goods, at least for those two numbers... Otherwise they wouldn't have turned over the sticks to him at all.

The trick may be that a second leg, if there's talks for one, may have a different lineup... I'm sure FF has other irons in the fire, seems most of those LA rockers have multiple avenues to play their music. It took The Stones a couple of decades to realize other creative outlets would be beneficial to the band as a whole... Interesting to see new artists arrive with more than one project in the works, maybe they've seen how it can be good for more than one outlet rather than tunnel vision and tensions that can arise from it...

If they'd bring Adler on board, maybe discussions would lean toward an Izzy return too. Big headlines for a second leg of the tour, be it Europe or elsewhere. Gotta figure 2017, unless they're workin' on one for post-September 2016, after Rock or Bust US dates with Axl conclude.

We'll see in Nashville and beyond, whether it was a one-off historic moment or a trend!

Date: July 8, 2016 08:10

I know nothing, but here's what I assume the plan is/what I've heard the rumors are:

They've got this summer. As long as its Axl/Slash/Duff, people are happy. Those guys haven't played together in awhile so people will buy that.

Axl has AC/DC dates August and September. Thats fine, Slash has work on his solo album to finish up.

There are talks of South America, Asia and Australia I believe for GNR. Taking place either later this year or early next year. Guess we'll see.

The big thing is definitely Europe, which is pretty much concretely next summer. I don't think for Europe, or any of those new places I mentioned, they have to do anything different. For one, the crowds are much bigger there. So on top of the fact that they don't really need more to convince them, like America they also haven't seen this lineup yet, so thats enough for them.

AFTER Europe is when it gets interesting. I still think they purposely kept Izzy and Steven off so that after this tour, if they decide to not do new material, they can come back in 2018 with all 5 Appetite members and sell out those shows. Big prices, similar set, but again you haven't seen EXACTLY that yet. And that plan basically takes you till 2019.

Again, we'll all have to see what happens, but this show now is very much Axl, Slash and Duff focused. I'm shocked they brought Adler out solely because now they've opened the idea that they could all come back, when I thought from a financial point it made sense to say "its definitely just these 3", then when you need more money later you can use the other 2 as a new marketing tool. That mystique is kind of lost if they can just join this tour since you might get lucky. I guess we'll all have to see, but I think its this lineup till next year, with occasional guest appearances from Adler, Izzy and Sorum.

Date: July 8, 2016 08:54

Interesting...reading the first pages of this thread.

Reading some of the selfappointedknowitalls naysaying (incorrect) comments... grinning smiley

and reading some insightful optimistic comments

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-08 09:01 by jambay.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: July 8, 2016 09:33

As much as I like them, it's arenas only in the future for these boys!

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: July 8, 2016 10:53

jambay
RollingFreak
I assume they had a feeling the shows might not sell completely out in stadiums which is why they had the hefty price tag. Again, all guesses on my part, but as long as they sold a good chunk of tickets, maybe not even 50%, at the prices they had, they'd be fine. In the end, if they played arenas for this price, that's 20,000. The stadium is basically two nights in an arena, or more, so as long as they sell that, which by the looks of it they are, I'm guessing they're fine. If the shows were cheaper, I'd say they might be at risk, but at $300 a head, I'm sure they knew they could risk selling less and still breaking even/profiting.
thumbs up

On the other hand...
I continue to find it puzzling and somewhat amusing how certain people always feel obligated to park themselves in threads like this when they are not fans of the topic, band, tour, person or RIP person etc etc... and go on and on and on arguing with people who are simply talking about the good times.

I find it odd how weirdos getoff on yelling at other people online telling them they are not really having a good time and/or the thing they enjoy actually sucks... as if they are going to suddenly convince anyone to also hate the topic, band, tour, person or RIP person. But I guess that is just the way some people are.

I don't think the 'weirdos' begrudge you your right to attend any concert you wish or the online funerals of RIP persons but I don't mind admitting that in my ideal world fans of the Rolling Stones and fans of GNR are mutually exclusive. I'm almost ashamed to hold that opinion but I do.

As I wrote before, I'm genuinely puzzled that an adult would want to see GNR perform or still be interested in their music. Same applies to KISS. I was part of the KISS army as a 10 y/o but I outgrew them. I still recognize them as talented songwriters/performers but I don't - or only very rarely - listen to their music anymore. Am I wrong to assume that most KISS army kids have long since deserted? Am I wrong to assume that the music of the Stones is more 'mature?'

I was in university when GNR was at the height of their popularity and I was a qualified fan. I mean they had some good songs, and Slash was a lot better than he had to be, but I always felt vaguely silly drunkenly singing along to Paradise City with my friends. After sobering up in my twenties, GNR joined KISS, the Bay City Rollers and the Osmonds as bands I had simply outgrown. But I've never outgrown the Stones. I ask again: Am I wrong in thinking the music of the Stones is more 'mature' than say that of KISS or GNR?

A real Stones fan doesn't listen to GNR. Keith certainly doesn't. And a quick perusal of the post histories of the main contributors to this thread reveals - not unsurprisingly - that the majority of their posts on a Rolling Stones board are NOT about the Rolling Stones.

It's not something I lose sleep over of course...but if you're gonna call me a weirdo...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 8, 2016 11:32

Swayed1967
in my twenties, GNR joined KISS, the Bay City Rollers and the Osmonds as bands I had simply outgrown. But I've never outgrown the Stones. I ask again : am I wrong in thinking the music of the Stones is more 'mature' than say that of KISS or GNR?

thumbs up if you're 40-sth and you still pump your fist into the air while the 1st notes "Right Next Door To Hell" are being played I'd say you have a problem.

Date: July 8, 2016 12:27

Swayed1967
jambay
RollingFreak
thumbs up

On the other hand...

I don't think the 'weirdos' begrudge you your right to attend any concert you wish or the online funerals of RIP persons but I don't mind admitting that in my ideal world fans of the Rolling Stones and fans of GNR are mutually exclusive. I'm almost ashamed to hold that opinion but I do.

As I wrote before, I'm genuinely puzzled that an adult would want to see GNR perform or still be interested in their music. Same applies to KISS. I was part of the KISS army as a 10 y/o but I outgrew them. I still recognize them as talented songwriters/performers but I don't - or only very rarely - listen to their music anymore. Am I wrong to assume that most KISS army kids have long since deserted? Am I wrong to assume that the music of the Stones is more 'mature?'

I was in university when GNR was at the height of their popularity and I was a qualified fan. I mean they had some good songs, and Slash was a lot better than he had to be, but I always felt vaguely silly drunkenly singing along to Paradise City with my friends. After sobering up in my twenties, GNR joined KISS, the Bay City Rollers and the Osmonds as bands I had simply outgrown. But I've never outgrown the Stones. I ask again: Am I wrong in thinking the music of the Stones is more 'mature' than say that of KISS or GNR?

A real Stones fan doesn't listen to GNR. Keith certainly doesn't. And a quick perusal of the post histories of the main contributors to this thread reveals - not unsurprisingly - that the majority of their posts on a Rolling Stones board are NOT about the Rolling Stones.

It's not something I lose sleep over of course...but if you're gonna call me a weirdo...

It's a fine line.. I'd say it depends on whether you wanna let go, and become that kid again for a while.

It's the same with AC/DC for me. It's good brainless fun smiling smiley

Date: July 8, 2016 15:52

Swayed1967

A real Stones fan doesn't listen to GNR.

I'm dumbfounded.
After all these years and all these dollars, thanks to this thread I've come to find out that I'm not a "real" Stones fan.

@#$%& me.

Date: July 8, 2016 15:57

LMAO at the high opinion some people have of themselves as they mentally gaze down upon others they feel are below them... it is quite funny... but I guess that is just the way some people are... smoking smiley it continues to be be amusing. Thanks for the laugh.

psssssst.... don't tell em they are are standing on a mirror

Date: July 8, 2016 16:09

Swayed1967

A real Stones fan doesn't listen to GNR.

Like saying, You like Classical music? HURRRMMMMPH!!! YOU CANT BE A STONES FAN!!! LMAO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-15 20:33 by jambay.

Date: July 8, 2016 16:36

jambay
And Adler's drums sounds better sloppier more guns and rosier!

And hell yeah they added in My Michelle... WELL WELL WELL!!! HELL YES!!

WELL WELL WELL
[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home