Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28
Re: OT: Guns n' Roses - Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: jambay ()
Date: June 27, 2016 06:37

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-27 07:33 by jambay.

Date: June 27, 2016 06:48

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-27 07:32 by jambay.

Date: June 27, 2016 06:59

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-27 07:32 by jambay.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 27, 2016 07:12

Mr.D
The Seeker
Good till July 4th:
[we.tl]

Thanks a ton!

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: June 27, 2016 15:23

RollingFreak
Mr.D
The Seeker
Good till July 4th:
[we.tl]

Thanks a ton!

+1 thumbs up

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: July 1, 2016 18:57

The shows are getting very positive reviews, and I will admit after years of being disappointed at any concert clip of Axl solo, he seems to be singing far better than he has in recent years.

But I wonder if they didn't overreach with a stadium tour, or at least in Chicago with two nights. Looked at ticketmaster for the second Soldier Field show, almost entire sections in the middle and back of the floor are empty.

Tonight's show is better, but plenty of tickets available at face value on ticketmaster.

Date: July 1, 2016 19:51

Jimmy C
The shows are getting very positive reviews, and I will admit after years of being disappointed at any concert clip of Axl solo, he seems to be singing far better than he has in recent years.

But I wonder if they didn't overreach with a stadium tour, or at least in Chicago with two nights. Looked at ticketmaster for the second Soldier Field show, almost entire sections in the middle and back of the floor are empty.

Tonight's show is better, but plenty of tickets available at face value on ticketmaster.

They definitely overreached and its in GNR fashion that they'd screw something up. Places they played were too big. It should have been an arena tour with maybe a few stadiums mixed in. Every single show would have sold out. Stadiums were dumb and far too big.

The pros to a stadium are you'll definitely get a ticket, probably for cheaper than face if you wait, whereas arenas would be a really tough ticket even at these prices. Pros to an arena are the sound is so much better, you are so much closer, and they would have played more nights probably.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 1, 2016 20:10

Just picked up tickets for $25 on stubhub for N2 Chicago, thanks for the heads up!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 1, 2016 20:33

Yeah his singing is better than what i would have expected based on a you tube clip that i seen .The song was welcome to the jungle. Slash just kills , he rocks so good and hard the way he plays that Les Paul.

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: July 1, 2016 22:21

This article gives a visual at the bottom of just how many seats are available for the second Soldier Field show.

[]

Date: July 2, 2016 00:38

I don't think any of the second nights are selling that well. Pretty sure Boston isn't and Night 2 in Jersey I know is just decent, if that. Its a Sunday and to fill a place twice isn't easy to begin with. But yeah, all the night 2's are pretty poor sellers.

Date: July 2, 2016 09:54

TheGreek
Slash just kills , he rocks so good and hard the way he plays that Les Paul.
thumbs up He really does, he is great... one of our all time great rock and roll guitarist.

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: July 3, 2016 06:53

Just looked at the second Boston show and there is a TON of unsold seats. That place is going to echo with all those empty seats....

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: July 4, 2016 07:45

The Stones are proper greedy bastards, but they're The Stones..... so they can just about get away with it. However, Guns N Roses can not charge those prices and get anywhere near selling out shows. They have been gone to long, and not as many people really care about them now! I reckon that the greedy promoters got well and truly f****d out of their money on this tour. That makes me smile!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 4, 2016 11:51

strat72
Guns N Roses can not charge those prices and get anywhere near selling out shows. They have been gone to long, and not as many people really care about them now! I reckon that the greedy promoters got well and truly f****d out of their money on this tour.

Plus 23 years after the last US tour they bring nothing new. I listened to the Vegas shows and they sound like a 1993 show... minus the swing.

Date: July 4, 2016 16:39

i guess people on here don't understand how live nation deals work

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 4, 2016 17:39

Just woke up after getting back from the show last night. Yeah it was pretty undersold -- they closed much of the upper decks off completely. Axl's vocals rotated between really good and just acceptable throughout the night. Slash was absolutely on fire and in all honestly that is the reason I went to this show. Definitely worth the $25 I paid on stubhub for a ticket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-04 17:40 by mnewman505.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 4, 2016 17:51

jambay
TheGreek
Slash just kills , he rocks so good and hard the way he plays that Les Paul.
thumbs up He really does, he is great... one of our all time great rock and roll guitarist.

smileys with beer

Date: July 5, 2016 06:17

i keep seeing negative reviews. are these people for real? who cares if axl isn't built like a pro athlete anymore. when I saw them he was still hitting notes that most singers would struggle to hit at any point in their career

Date: July 5, 2016 06:37

keefriffhard4life
i keep seeing negative reviews. are these people for real? who cares if axl isn't built like a pro athlete anymore. when I saw them he was still hitting notes that most singers would struggle to hit at any point in their career

Those must be negative reviews from people. Every critical review I've seen has been positive. And I get why people rating it negatively might be upset, but this is legitimately the best its been in 20 years. A relatively original band, Axl no question sounding better than he has in forever, and in better shape, Slash and Duff playing at top level, its a show filled with all crowd pleasers. I'm not happy with the prices, I'm not happy the set isn't switching that much, and I'm not happy its half NuGuns with the big 3, but seriously you gotta struggle to find a negative cause its pretty much as good as anyone can hope for.

Date: July 5, 2016 06:54

RollingFreak
keefriffhard4life

Those must be negative reviews from people. Every critical review I've seen has been positive. And I get why people rating it negatively might be upset, but this is legitimately the best its been in 20 years. A relatively original band, Axl no question sounding better than he has in forever, and in better shape, Slash and Duff playing at top level, its a show filled with all crowd pleasers. I'm not happy with the prices, I'm not happy the set isn't switching that much, and I'm not happy its half NuGuns with the big 3, but seriously you gotta struggle to find a negative cause its pretty much as good as anyone can hope for.

I agree. axl hasn't sounded this good in about 10 years. I was impressed with the show.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 5, 2016 09:49

I'm lookin' forward to the show Wednesday at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati. It'll be my first at one of the new places in Cincinnati... McCartney has played at Great American Ballpark, but I couldn't make that one. This is only the second Rock show they've had at either place, but they've had country acts and Beyoncé down there...

The opening act Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown I'd never heard of, but checked them on YT and they sound pretty kickin'... I need it loud!

Hopin' for a Fall miracle that maybe, just maybe, The Rolling Stones could return to the Queen City for the first time since 1994. That show sold better than Indianapolis '94, and they made a triumphant return there last year, as well as Buffalo for the first time since '97.

Make it a full circle and bring the show back to Cincinnati and New Orleans, both for the first time since Voodoo Lounge!

Date: July 5, 2016 10:34

keep seeing negative reviews. are these people for real?

The negative reviews I have read seem to be 90% written before the show and filled with a lot of information/opinions about things/events that have nothing to do with the actual concert supposedly being reviewed...

...and then the show supposedly supported those opinions, in the negative opinion of the negative writer.

Although in reading those negative reviews one can clearly see the negative Nancys are doing their dead level best to hold back saying how good (at least parts of) the show really were.

I too was ready to hate on the bloated, has-been, drama queen lead singer who has been a goof ball for way too long... but the facts of the matter are he is doing really good at these reunion shows with Slash by his side and Duff laying down a bass line you can walk on. It is a great show with a bunch of great songs. I would just assume the GNR live dump the sappy songs that slow down the show (in my opinion)... but "survey sez" a lot of people want to hear a long drawn out 20 minute boring "Estranged", "civil warts" and "Numskull rain"... just like too many want to hear "Miff Bou" at Stones shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-05 10:37 by jambay.

Date: July 5, 2016 10:51

jambay

The negative reviews I have read seem to be 90% written before the show and filled with a lot of information/opinions about things/events that have nothing to do with the actual concert supposedly being reviewed...

...and then the show supposedly supported those opinions, in the negative opinion of the negative writer.

Although in reading those negative reviews one can clearly see the negative Nancys are doing their dead level best to hold back saying how good (at least parts of) the show really were.

I too was ready to hate on the bloated, has-been, drama queen lead singer who has been a goof ball for way too long... but the facts of the matter are he is doing really good at these reunion shows with Slash by his side and Duff laying down a bass line you can walk on. It is a great show with a bunch of great songs. I would just assume the GNR live dump the sappy songs that slow down the show (in my opinion)... but "survey sez" a lot of people want to hear a long drawn out 20 minute boring "Estranged", "civil warts" and "Numskull rain"... just like too many want to hear "Miff Bou" at Stones shows.

I saw a review though that said "axl is a shell of himself. out of shape his once dangerous stage persona and rock god shriek is now relegated to leaving the stage for constant outfit changes along with oxygen and pretty much his entire upper register or scream since that's what it is gone."

really? what show was this at as axl's upper register is fine. no way to hide it on "this I love". it may not be as strong but its still there. this professional review just seems to be someone who dislikes axl.

November rain wouldn't be that bad if the didn't do the long outro that wasn't even part of the original tune when it was written but yes I wanted to hear all 3 of those tunes lol.

Date: July 5, 2016 11:19

keefriffhard4life
jambay

I saw a review though that said "axl is a shell of himself. out of shape his once dangerous stage persona and rock god shriek is now relegated to leaving the stage for constant outfit changes along with oxygen and pretty much his entire upper register or scream since that's what it is gone."

really? what show was this at as axl's upper register is fine. no way to hide it on "this I love". it may not be as strong but its still there. this professional review just seems to be someone who dislikes axl.

November rain wouldn't be that bad if the didn't do the long outro that wasn't even part of the original tune when it was written but yes I wanted to hear all 3 of those tunes lol.

I would bet money that "reviewer" wrote that quip 2 months ago... or at least started working on it then and they were not going to let a great show get in the way of using it. winking smiley

It seems a lot of reviewers are really... ah... I shouldn't go there...

The wisest performers are the ones who avoid reading what "reviewers" have to say.

Those are fine songs (for the right setting)... and I understand many people want to hear them, but for some reason I just wanna see and hear hard charging killer rock and roll songs with no fluff mixed in at live shows... Like AC/DC's style, no fluff, no ballads no every rose has a thorn home sweet home under the bridge dont wanna miss a thing Amanda fall to pieces winds of change sister Christian this is love close my eyes forever slow mopey songs so more hot groupies will come back stage at concerts.

Date: July 5, 2016 12:55

jambay
keefriffhard4life
jambay

I would bet money that "reviewer" wrote that quip 2 months ago... or at least started working on it then and they were not going to let a great show get in the way of using it. winking smiley

It seems a lot of reviewers are really... ah... I shouldn't go there...

The wisest performers are the ones who avoid reading what "reviewers" have to say.

Those are fine songs (for the right setting)... and I understand many people want to hear them, but for some reason I just wanna see and hear hard charging killer rock and roll songs with no fluff mixed in at live shows... Like AC/DC's style, no fluff, no ballads no every rose has a thorn home sweet home under the bridge dont wanna miss a thing Amanda fall to pieces winds of change sister Christian this is love close my eyes forever slow mopey songs so more hot groupies will come back stage at concerts.

yeah. I wish they would rotate the songs they are playing from Chinese democracy. I'd love to hear IRS or catcher in the rye with slash.

theres a rumor going around that this reunion was part of a deal for axl to get more new music released and that without it no one was going to release any new product. have you heard that? I heard a new album of songs from the same sessions that yielded Chinese democracy is complete and mixed and was ready for release in late 2014 and that an album of alternate mixes for Chinese democracy was also ready for release. some of these mixes included the brian may "catcher in the rye" and a version of "oh my god" with different guitar work.

there are still 6-8 song titles from these sessions mentioned and its been confirmed none of them are just different names for songs released on Chinese democracy. those are "silkworms", "atlas shrugged", "Oklahoma", "general", "thyme", "soul monster" and "ides of march". "silkworms" was played live in the early 00's

Date: July 5, 2016 13:48

Yeah, there's sh*t like Down By The Ocean or stuff, in addition to the titles you mentioned. I've been firmly on the side of "those songs aren't finished and they are just working titles for riffs, etc." Obviously I can't prove that, but aside from Silkworms and Oh My God (which came out on a soundtrack) everything else that got played live from the Chinese era before the album came out ended up on the album. Now some say thats because those are the ones that leaked so he didn't put anything we "didn't know" on there. Who knows, thats where I get annoyed.

Yes, I've heard the rumor that Slash was adding finishing touches to those songs, and that before this reunion those were on track to be released. But again, who knows. With Guns, it could be anything. The Slash rumors about him working on them were sketchy at best, but maybe its true. Its hardly confirmed. In the end, we'll know when they come out if its true. But you start going down the rabbit hole of unreleased Guns N Roses stuff and you get lost in a web of lies and make believe that its hard to tell whats real or not. Sebastian Bach told us all ten years ago it was supposed to be 3 albums but only ever mentioned the ONE song that actually got put on the album. I'll believe more finished complete songs exist when I see them or they play one live.

Date: July 5, 2016 13:58

RollingFreak
Yeah, there's sh*t like Down By The Ocean or stuff, in addition to the titles you mentioned. I've been firmly on the side of "those songs aren't finished and they are just working titles for riffs, etc." Obviously I can't prove that, but aside from Silkworms and Oh My God (which came out on a soundtrack) everything else that got played live from the Chinese era before the album came out ended up on the album. Now some say thats because those are the ones that leaked so he didn't put anything we "didn't know" on there. Who knows, thats where I get annoyed.

Yes, I've heard the rumor that Slash was adding finishing touches to those songs, and that before this reunion those were on track to be released. But again, who knows. With Guns, it could be anything. The Slash rumors about him working on them were sketchy at best, but maybe its true. Its hardly confirmed. In the end, we'll know when they come out if its true. But you start going down the rabbit hole of unreleased Guns N Roses stuff and you get lost in a web of lies and make believe that its hard to tell whats real or not. Sebastian Bach told us all ten years ago it was supposed to be 3 albums but only ever mentioned the ONE song that actually got put on the album. I'll believe more finished complete songs exist when I see them or they play one live.

didn't bach mention "atlas shrugged" or "soul monster" was his favorite tune that axl played him? "Oklahoma" was played to a record executive or someone in the early 00's and the lyrics were about axl's ex stephanie Seymour or something like that

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 5, 2016 15:48

I neglected to post my "Review" of the Detroit Ford Field show...
Here you go:

IT KICKED ASS!!!

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 5, 2016 16:51

Atlanta
Orlando
New Orleans
Arlington

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home