Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 28
Re: OT: Guns n' Roses - Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 6, 2016 17:52

dcba
lem motlow

i've never heard of any psych drugs that make you gain weight

My cousin is on that kind of medication and he's bloated ugly and apathic.

Many anti-depressants and psychotropic drugs have a side effect of bloating and weight gain. But so does smoking down, munchies, and watching tons of TV. Don't know which has impacted him the most.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 6, 2016 18:50

whitem8
dcba
lem motlow

Many anti-depressants and psychotropic drugs have a side effect of bloating and weight gain. But so does smoking down, munchies, and watching tons of TV. Don't know which has impacted him the most.

It really is hard to say. I wanna shit on the guy as much as anyone, so it could be pills. But seriously, by all accounts the guy does NOTHING but sit around in his house all day. Its not that cut and dry, but no one ever sees him, he's not incredibly "active" and there's always been an image of him that he's just watching TV all day eating bon bons. He's kinda fat, but he always sorta has been in the last 15 years. So there's nothing that definitely says he's not just living a normal life as opposed to it being pills.

His being in a better mood might simply be because Slash is back, which many have said is what he really always wanted anyway. He's an emotional guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-06 18:51 by RollingFreak.

Date: April 7, 2016 01:45

RollingFreak
whitem8
dcba
lem motlow

It really is hard to say. I wanna shit on the guy as much as anyone, so it could be pills. But seriously, by all accounts the guy does NOTHING but sit around in his house all day. Its not that cut and dry, but no one ever sees him, he's not incredibly "active" and there's always been an image of him that he's just watching TV all day eating bon bons. He's kinda fat, but he always sorta has been in the last 15 years. So there's nothing that definitely says he's not just living a normal life as opposed to it being pills.

His being in a better mood might simply be because Slash is back, which many have said is what he really always wanted anyway. He's an emotional guy.

um axl rose was still in shape in 2006 and 2007 as can been seen in a millions pics. supposedly he also did kickboxing to stay in shape. by 2009 he was starting to look different. by 2010 he looked bloated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 01:48 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: April 7, 2016 12:20

I was a huge fan of Guns N Roses (saw them at Wembley in 1993 so missed Izzy but got to see them whilst Slash and Duff were still there) - and was quite excited when I saw news about possible reunions. I think I'd definitely go if they came to the UK.

Regarding meds/bloating, a family friend's son has schizophrenia and I remember when he started on a new type of medication - and he massively gained weight. Also wondering if Axl staying home watching lots of TV and eating loads (if that's what he does) might be linked because this guy I know has depression secondary to the schizophrenia (partly due to the impact the condition and the medication has on him) so wonder whether it's similar with Axl.

Date: April 7, 2016 12:35

MarthaTuesday
I was a huge fan of Guns N Roses (saw them at Wembley in 1993 so missed Izzy but got to see them whilst Slash and Duff were still there) - and was quite excited when I saw news about possible reunions. I think I'd definitely go if they came to the UK.

Regarding meds/bloating, a family friend's son has schizophrenia and I remember when he started on a new type of medication - and he massively gained weight. Also wondering if Axl staying home watching lots of TV and eating loads (if that's what he does) might be linked because this guy I know has depression secondary to the schizophrenia (partly due to the impact the condition and the medication has on him) so wonder whether it's similar with Axl.

yeah parts of that seem the norm. I don't what axl takes or was he's diagnosed with, he himself has said the diagnoses was wrong lol. I just know that up until 2008 he still appeared slim and fit and over the next 3 years his appearance really changed while his attitude seemed to mellow out a bit

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: April 7, 2016 12:49

keefriffhard4life
MarthaTuesday

yeah parts of that seem the norm. I don't what axl takes or was he's diagnosed with, he himself has said the diagnoses was wrong lol. I just know that up until 2008 he still appeared slim and fit and over the next 3 years his appearance really changed while his attitude seemed to mellow out a bit

I vaguely remember reading an interview when he said he was bipolar? But that might not have been definite.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 7, 2016 13:20

MarthaTuesday

On top of that the guy basically lives at night, so it's not conductive to healthy living. You totally mess up your body chemistry by doing that over a long period of time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 14:37 by dcba.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: April 7, 2016 15:51

Axl's body looks like that of a typical 54 year old man to be honest. What I'm most disappointed of is his voice, though he did sound alright at times...at others he just can't carry the songs anymore. Still I would've liked for him to at least work a bit harder to gain back that late 80's/90's figure. I mean he's got the money to hire personal trainers...

To their credit Slash and Duff look great and they had major alcohol and drug issues. Axl from what was just a bipolar lunatic but was pretty much off drugs by the time the band hit it big.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 9, 2016 00:35

Axl breaks foot : [www.rollingstone.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-09 00:35 by gotdablouse.

Gunners live from Vegas on Periscope
Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 9, 2016 10:33

[www.periscope.tv]

Actually a very enjoyable comeback in my opinion (despite Axl sitting in a wheelchair-thing)!

Re: Gunners live from Vegas on Periscope
Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: April 9, 2016 10:56

They are sounding good. I am hoping for a tour in Europe after the US-leg. Hopefully Axl & Slash haven't killed each other by then.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 9, 2016 16:25

maradona
[www.periscope.tv]

Actually a very enjoyable comeback in my opinion (despite Axl sitting in a wheelchair-thing)!

The crowd/audience was cheering like crazy...very enthusiastic....So they must be doing great despite Axl's accident and being bald underneath those elaborate hats and head wraps and do-rags

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-09 16:28 by triceratops.

Date: April 9, 2016 19:05

triceratops
maradona
[www.periscope.tv]

The crowd/audience was cheering like crazy...very enthusiastic....So they must be doing great despite Axl's accident and being bald underneath those elaborate hats and head wraps and do-rags

how is axl rose bald when just last week we have a clear look at the top of his head?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 9, 2016 19:40

Watched about 3 minutes of Coma. Gawd, that sucked.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 9, 2016 20:01

keefriffhard4life
triceratops
maradona
[www.periscope.tv]

how is axl rose bald when just last week we have a clear look at the top of his head?

Brian Ferry said Axl was bald but these photos from a few days ago show he is not. Rock on Axl!
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: April 9, 2016 21:55

Bunch of clips at Ultimate Classic Rock, sounding pretty good. The one song from Chinese Democracy that I liked and knew would go well with Slash, Better, does.

Date: April 9, 2016 22:01

The pix are The Mail are indeed frightening : Axl looks like some villain from a 1980's horror film.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 10, 2016 03:02

gotdablouse
Axl breaks foot : [www.rollingstone.com]

This is pretty bad news in light of the announced stadium tour coming up, I wonder what they do about that. How many will shell out top Dollar to see a lead (rock and roll) singer sitting around.

These types of things make me respect Mick Jagger as much as I always have.
Mick takes care to keep himself show worthy.

Date: April 10, 2016 03:04

RollingFreak

I am looking forward to your review of the Vegas shows.
I know you are having a good time, wish I was there. smileys with beer

Date: April 10, 2016 03:22

Slash looks like he is having fun, but he always does... grinning smiley

Night Train and a bunch more clips up on Youtube...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: April 10, 2016 03:30

I think Axl seems happy to be back with his former band mates,he seems inspired

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: April 10, 2016 03:42

mandu
Reading over a bunch of the online reviews, and they agree with you.

The pro-reviews are all mostly positive and say the show was well done, well played big time rock and roll even with Axl's broken foot. So cool! They say the band came on at Midnight (lol) and ended at 2:30... but it is Vegas. And they say Axl borrowed Dave Grohls throne chair from when Dave broke his foot, that was nice of Dave to loan it to him.

And the Youtube clips sound pretty good, very good time rock and roll, then again I have always thought Duff and Slash kicked ass. I never saw GnR but I have seen Slash and Duff a bunch of times... and Slash play live even more times.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 10, 2016 10:48

mandu

thumbs up

Indeed. The band rocks, Slash and Fortus work well together.
I hope they will release something new.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 10, 2016 11:01

No Adler and Izzy?! No GnR!!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 10, 2016 13:35

There's a lot that can be said. I'll write a more detailed review later. Night 1 was kind of odd. Felt forced and a little lacking. Tonight was balls to the wall, the real deal. Both shows were excellent in their own ways, but night 2 is leaving me insanely satisfied. Night one left me feeling this was indeed too much of a cash grab tour but night two felt tight and like a real "band".

Will report later, but blown away by this weekend. It was a roller coaster ride, but honestly I think it all ended really well. Hope its the start of a bright new beginning for them.

And yes, Axl sounded @#$%& incredible and I'm not just saying that. I've been very critical of him over the years, but he brought it both of these nights and knocked it out of the park. I hesistate to say its the best he's been since 93, but if its not its the best he's been in a loooooong while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-10 13:37 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: April 10, 2016 14:13

cycling shorts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-10 20:00 by geordiestone.

Date: April 10, 2016 15:01

RollingFreak

Will report later, but blown away by this weekend.

Plz tell us what did "Layla" sound like?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 10, 2016 17:55

RollingFreak
There's a lot that can be said. I'll write a more detailed review later. Night 1 was kind of odd. Felt forced and a little lacking. Tonight was balls to the wall, the real deal. Both shows were excellent in their own ways, but night 2 is leaving me insanely satisfied. Night one left me feeling this was indeed too much of a cash grab tour but night two felt tight and like a real "band".

Will report later, but blown away by this weekend. It was a roller coaster ride, but honestly I think it all ended really well. Hope its the start of a bright new beginning for them.

And yes, Axl sounded @#$%& incredible and I'm not just saying that. I've been very critical of him over the years, but he brought it both of these nights and knocked it out of the park. I hesistate to say its the best he's been since 93, but if its not its the best he's been in a loooooong while.
Awesome!

I've gotta say, I heard some of the screams and high notes he was hitting on YouTube, and I was totally blown away. I thought he was incapable of singing like that anymore. Major respect to the guy for bringing it.

He did sound pretty tired by the time Paradise City came around, but that's to be expected. Overall this band sounds really good and tight. Would love to catch them this fall.

Date: April 10, 2016 18:13

RollingFreak

I look forward to reading your full blown thoughts.
It is great to hear you had a great weekend at these shows smileys with beer

Are you going to Coachella?

Date: April 10, 2016 19:53

keefriff99
RollingFreak

Awesome!

I've gotta say, I heard some of the screams and high notes he was hitting on YouTube, and I was totally blown away. I thought he was incapable of singing like that anymore. Major respect to the guy for bringing it.

He did sound pretty tired by the time Paradise City came around, but that's to be expected. Overall this band sounds really good and tight. Would love to catch them this fall.

I've been saying for a long time he can still sing but uses falsetto to avoid his voice getting shredded

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1589
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home