Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: The Master and Margarita
Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: August 1, 2020 02:13

Well what can I say. The book is fantastic, it has little to do with Stalin, rather with dark comedy and black humour that many Russian writers had back in the Soviet years. It's sure about Lucifer visiting Moscow but the Devil was portrayed rather a human just as well as the Jesus. I can say that the story about Pilate and Jeshua was the reason Boulgakov wrote the whole book. Great that Mick read and understood it. I read it in Russian and Glenny's English version both and I can say that English translation is pretty accurate but lacks some humour and irony sometimes. You just can't read it without the irony and sarcasm in your mind. If you can't finish it, that's no problem, it took me two tries to finish and understand it and it's really hillarious and enlightening. Just consider it as a great comedy, that will be much easier to get it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-01 02:24 by Mariuana.

Re: The Master and Margarita
Posted by: Shott ()
Date: August 1, 2020 03:41

Read it twice--think it's a great book. thanks for the reminder maybe I will re read.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home