Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Live At Altamont
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 22, 2015 16:31

This seems more accurate to me.

Re: "From The Vaults: Live At Altamont"
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 22, 2015 17:01

Musically this would be a fantastic release.
The Stones on maybe their best tour, well oiled last gig,- and lots of adrenaline and fear makin them play more intense and even better.
Altamont in best sound would be a milestone release.

But,- I'm not shure how good the sound really is. And The Stones won't do it.
They don't need the hassle now . .

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 22, 2015 23:11

I reckon they would like to be controversial again.

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: August 23, 2015 16:08

Turner68
The key thing you have to remember is that they started playing Under My Thumb, stopped to try to chill out the crowd, and then started again.

The killing happened approximately after the first time it was stopped, although in the movie they make it look like it was after they were completely finished with the song. The movie makes it look like UMT was played just once and doesn't have events in exactly the right sequence.

This article is pretty good, originally published in late 1970:

[www.esquire.com]

Thanks for the link. I'd forgotten about the Esquire article. Gleason had it in for the Stones on several levels. Jazz snob who could care less about rock & roll. Yet the article was written when the event was still fresh images in the memories of those interviewed actually attending.Maybe everyone involved in the process should have heeded the astrologist's warning.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: August 23, 2015 17:33

Naturalust
lapaz62
Don't overplay what happened there, many people have been killed or died at concerts, the only difference was that this was caught on film. I wonder if anybody has the figures from Woodstock, it wasn't all peace and love there either.

The general consensus all these years later is that there were 3 deaths at Woodstock, 1 overdose, 1 person run over by a car while sleeping, and 1 person run over by a tractor. In terms of births the legend has it that there were also three but no one has ever come forth and been positively identified as a Woodstock baby and many have who have tried have proven to be false. Michael Lange say he heard 2 were born and apparently there was a confirmed birth in a car on the way to the festival. The search for these Woodstock babies goes on and you would think if there were actual births there they would have come forwards to capitalize on that fact, so I'm guessing it's mostly a myth.

The thing that seems to be true was there didn't seem to be any particular violence anywhere during the three day festival...except the on stage incident where Pete Townsend clobbered Abbie Hoffman with his guitar after Hoffman grabbed mic and started some free John Sinclair rant. Leave it to Pete to be the only violent one out of 500,000. Probably not all peace and love but certainly no Altamont. smoking smiley

Someone should have clobbered Hoffman everytime he opened his mouth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-23 17:45 by stanlove.

Re: "From The Vaults: Live At Altamont?"
Posted by: wopperla ()
Date: August 24, 2015 17:00

Added Question mark...

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2118
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home