Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Kansas City was the best Zip Code show
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 21, 2015 05:14

I went to three shows. Buffalo all the way.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 21, 2015 06:15

rcfoxy
My mate Ben went to every show (excluding the 2 club gigs) on the Zipcode Tour and he said KC was the best.

Ben would certainly be in a position to know...
The opener in San Diego where I had the pleasure of meeting you and Ben was a great show, mostly because of not knowing what to expect,the excitement and the venue/city. I thought Quebec City was the best musically of the ones I attended, but it sounds like KC gets the best of tour award.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 21, 2015 06:32

AJDuffer
I attended Mpls, Milwaukee, KC and Indianapolis and I thought the KC show was the best by far. They sounded crisp and pulled it all together for a fantastic show. The energy of both Keef and Mick on Street Fighting Man was one of my highlights of the tour. Top it all off with Rod Stewart in the crowd and a beautiful evening and it truly was a special show.

Where was Rod Stewart sitting.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: August 22, 2015 05:47

Rod Stewart was in 102, first row ( Ronnies side).

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 22, 2015 17:06

dcba
Arlington was far above all the other gigs...

Arlington erformance was outstanding and a great setlist...I like the Wisconsin setlist too but not as much the performance

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: August 22, 2015 22:08

[www.youtube.com]

think woody would have gotten him better seats.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: August 23, 2015 00:22

sundevil
[www.youtube.com]

think woody would have gotten him better seats.

Can you imagine if Rod the bod had gotten up on stage and done a song with them?

They had that scarecrow guy as a guest, why not Rod too? I cant decide which Stones song would be perfect for both Mick's and Rod's voices, but I trust them to pick a good one.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: August 23, 2015 01:46

Buffalo ranks very high minus Ronnies botched solo on start me up. Pittsburgh was not as good as ranked. Set list was good but band performance was better in buffalo, at least that is my opinion having been at both.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: August 23, 2015 08:11

I went to two shows this time around. Both rocked. As far as I can tell, the guys don't take a show off. They bring it every night. But certain performances of certain songs elevate certain shows above the others. I have to say that the KC show was a cut above based on a handful of songs:

* It was exceptionally cool to hear them sing "Kansas City" in Kansas City.
* They band seemed to have even more fun than usual in Honky Tonk Women and that translated to a little extra in the performance.
* A very strong Mindnight Rambler.
* And I have to agree with all the the others who noted that Keith was absolutely possessed as he ripped into the beginning of SFM on this night and the whole band jumped in and played the tune with over the top intensity. Everybody near the stage looked at each other and we all kind of knew that we had just seen something extraordinary.

The only slip up that night was Keith botching the intro to Brown Sugar, but even that seemed to come from over exuberance.

Oh yeah... And in case we need tie breakers, add in great sound, great weather, and a great facility,

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 23, 2015 15:39

Sorry but I think the Detroit show was better. Seeing Keith and Ronnie at the mic singing back up for Just My Imagination was sublime, and Mick singing "she doesn't even @#$%& know me!" was like being in a time machine of classic. They were on fire and probably the best version of Midnight Rambler I have heard in a long time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-23 15:40 by whitem8.

Date: August 23, 2015 15:45

Great comments vibrolux. From our good, but not great seats, we knew Street Fighting Man was very special with the crisp, driving ssound. Then when I watched a great video of the powerful opening, I was truly blown away at the passion and synergy created by both Keef and Mick to bring this song to us in an even more powerful way than usual. It is nice to read the many comments about tthe excitement fans had with this song. To me, the energy of this tour shows best on the beginning of SFM in KC and the ending of Start me Up in Milwaukee.

Date: August 23, 2015 17:47

Was this the best tour ever? YES!!

Date: August 24, 2015 02:15

It is hard to believe is that everyone here doesn't agree on one thing.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: August 24, 2015 08:43

of the 9 shows i saw this leg of the tour, imho KC was in the top 3 (milwaukee and nashville were the other 2). followed by arlington

Date: August 24, 2015 18:36

Depends where you sit also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-24 18:37 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: August 25, 2015 01:11

not trying to harsh your mellow, but 9 shows and milwaukee ranks? what 9? milwaukee had some perfect moments for me but was also the show with the worst car wrecks. mick, however, was on fire all night.

Date: August 25, 2015 01:32

Mick was beyond spectacular in Milwaukee. His passion and energy on Rambler and Start me Up that night were even more intense than the "usual" Mick.

Posted by: Delta ()
Date: August 25, 2015 02:31

Detroit and San Diego.

Posted by: mistermorphine ()
Date: August 25, 2015 02:41

I was in 102 row 6 and Rod was not to be seen from our vantage point. There was a very English/Brit looking chap with the clad as a cape and cat in the hat topper which drew quite the crowd in row 1 of 102 but it was not Mr. Stewart.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 25, 2015 03:15

I think men are a better judge of a Stones show than women. Women are more infatuated with the musicians themselves and the hits, whereas men are more tuned into the music as a whole, instrument playing, and style.

That being said, judging by Periscope and awarding points for an entire stadium crowd on their feet for the entire show, and the high energy from start to finish, Buffalo wins best show.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 25, 2015 03:59

AJDuffer
Great comments vibrolux. From our good, but not great seats, we knew Street Fighting Man was very special with the crisp, driving ssound. Then when I watched a great video of the powerful opening, I was truly blown away at the passion and synergy created by both Keef and Mick to bring this song to us in an even more powerful way than usual. It is nice to read the many comments about tthe excitement fans had with this song. To me, the energy of this tour shows best on the beginning of SFM in KC and the ending of Start me Up in Milwaukee.

Here they both are. Incredible stuff.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Drew

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 25, 2015 04:01

The Sicilian
I think men are a better judge of a Stones show than women. Women are more infatuated with the musicians themselves and the hits, whereas men are more tuned into the music as a whole, instrument playing, and style.

That being said, judging by Periscope and awarding points for an entire stadium crowd on their feet for the entire show, and the high energy from start to finish, Buffalo wins best show.

Nonsense sexist comment aside, I went to four shows including Buffalo and I would rate it fourth out the four I saw. While good, San Diego, Detroit, and Quebec City were all better shows in better venues.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 25, 2015 05:17

Still no video of the entire show that's the subject of this thread??

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: August 25, 2015 07:38

There will be, in a week or two

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: August 25, 2015 16:34

Rod Stewart was NOT in the crowd. But KC was and awesome show!!

Date: August 25, 2015 17:28

I saw three shows.

Arlington was intense - they came out and punched you in the face and was that way till the end. It was almost flawless.

Nashville - great crowd, few country songs, perfect weather, perfect night. seemed more relaxed. Got an extra song.

Kansas City - great crowd, perfect night, sang Going to Kansas City for an extra song and the song choice was Street Fightin Man - which was on fire.

Three great shows. Three different shows. All three were in my to ten of the shows I have seen.

Arlington however was smokin The boys left zero doubt as to what a rock and roll show was all about and who the Greatest Live Rock and Roll Band is

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 25, 2015 18:11

From all accounts the Zip Code tour was pretty hot stuff!! hot smiley

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 26, 2015 01:32

Who's the mystery man here then:

[www.youtube.com]

Though that certainly doesn't look like one of his many wives. Was guessing a sister or something if that really was him. Does seem an odd choice of seats though for someone who should be well connected!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 26, 2015 02:55

Milwaukee was fun, but man they were sloppy and seemed out of sync. Some incredible moments, Moonlight Mile was superb, as was Can't You Hear Me Knocking. I think the sound was so bad there, they had a hard time with background echo and poor stage sound. Detroit wiped the floor with Milwaukee!

Date: August 26, 2015 05:58

kovach
Who's the mystery man here then:

[www.youtube.com]

Though that certainly doesn't look like one of his many wives. Was guessing a sister or something if that really was him. Does seem an odd choice of seats though for someone who should be well connected!

Thinking about that seat selection, I wondered where would be the best seats one might want to have if one could have any seats? Maybe those seats. In the front row one can (and reportedly he did) sit most of the show so no one is blocking one's view, and one can see the whole show (sometime when one is too close and one can see the players but not "the show") from those seat.

If not those seats then maybe front row on the floor? But on the floor front row one is going to be standing the whole time and maybe that is too close to one's friends on stage?

At any rate I really appreciate a rock star who goes to concerts like that, it is great and I bet helps give them ideas for their own show.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home