Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Motley Stones?
Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: August 5, 2005 17:43

Just read this on a Crue Newssite:

During his featured guest spot on the nationally-syndicated radio show Rockline, Tommy Lee says Mötley Crüe have been invited to open up for The Rolling Stones for four shows in big cities later this year. The Crue recently tipped their hat to The Stones with a cover version of their song Street Fighting Man on the platinum Red, White & Crüe anthology.

Re: Motley Stones?
Posted by: ADRIAN_L ()
Date: August 5, 2005 17:45

awful band...yuck.

Posted by: orange cow ()
Date: August 5, 2005 17:45

That would be cool with me.
Be nice it it happened in Raliegh

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 5, 2005 17:51

Well they won't be in Chicago thank god. They're out west at the time. I see their new concert DVD is already out. I attended that partiuclar show and it was, for the most part lame. They had some hellacious hits in their day, but the new show was a joke.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: August 5, 2005 18:42

Motley Crue opening for the Stones would be totally @#$%& cool if ya ask me. Tommy Lee is the undisputed MAN with capital M. They'd open the show with Girls, Girls, Girls and the audience would get so excited and just scream for more raw excellent rock'n'roll music by this experienced group who'd deserve all the attention they can get. Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: dennysmith61 ()
Date: August 5, 2005 18:53

Rank

Are you serious?

They are horrible.

Same music a hundred other bands could play and have

Stupid white trash rock teenage music

Stones music you can relate to at any age.

might as well get Spinal Tap.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 5, 2005 19:31

he beats his missus and gets called 'the man'

you are joking of course ?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 5, 2005 20:45

Motley's current reunion tour is doing huge numbers, alot better than anyone probably anticipated. They just played a sold out show in Vancouver last week and it got a great review. They've just swung through Calgary and Edmonton again, having played there just in April but there was a big demand for tickets.
I'm sure the Stones will probably look at having them open at a few stadium shows that perhaps aren't sold out yet?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 5, 2005 20:53

They have already pretty much saturated the market doing headline shows just about everywhere twice. Dont think they would sell anywhere near the additional amount of tickets as perhaps Metallica.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 5, 2005 21:58

orange cow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That would be cool with me.
> Be nice it it happened in Raliegh

Troy Anastasio (sp ?) opens in Durham.

Date: August 5, 2005 22:02

Koen Wrote:
> orange cow Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That would be cool with me.
> > Be nice it it happened in Raliegh
>
> Troy Anastasio (sp ?) opens in Durham.

Damn!!
Really?
He is opening in Charlottesville too!
I don't wanna see Phish!

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 5, 2005 22:12

I'll trade Motley Crue for the Black Eyed Peas.......what a mistake.

Date: August 5, 2005 22:17

orange cow Wrote:
> Koen Wrote:
> -----
> > orange cow Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > That would be cool with me.
> > > Be nice it it happened in Raliegh
> >
> > Troy Anastasio (sp ?) opens in Durham.
>
>
> Damn!!
> Really?
> He is opening in Charlottesville too!
> I don't wanna see Phish!
>

See also here: [iorr.org]

I have no idea who that guy is - I guess a former Phish member?

Date: August 5, 2005 22:32

well at least we may get some great recordings
since Phish heads tape shows

Date: August 5, 2005 23:17

Of course, it could have been worse if they had Clay Aitkin opening in Durham grinning smiley

Posted by: herb ()
Date: August 5, 2005 23:26

First Metallica opens in SF, the show I get to see,and now silly-ass Motley Crue might open for the lads somewhere else. Can you imagine the crowds that will show up for those shows? I agree with Denynysmith61 and adrianL. What are the Stones thinking? I'd much rather have the Black Eyed Peas any day than either Metallica or Motley Crue. But I guess Metallica is better than Crue, who I always found to be a truly insipid bunch of hairbangers.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 6, 2005 10:58

Isn't that guy from the above-mentioned hair-band the one that gave Pamela Anderson hepatitis B?
The above question is maybe off-topic.
Rather a hair-band though then black-eyed-pees.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 6, 2005 16:28

@#$%& the Crue!
The singer has had so much work done. plastic work. And he is STILL fat and ugly. He sees himself as some sexgod, which is a joke. Mars can barely stand unassisted, let alone walk. I don't know how he is going to play gigs. he is all patched together. I mena, I feel for the dude but it's strange seeing out there making like he is some prime stud in leather leggins just waiting to tear up some hoochie mama.
Now Nikki and Tommy are pretty cool as guys. They strike me as allright. Terrible musicians though. Haha, what a joke. "I am Nikki Sixx, I died 14 times last year but I play de bass..."

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: August 6, 2005 16:50

Tommy is a great drummer. Mick Mars looks like Dr. Death now but wtf...he´s very sick. He got a very strange disease. His body produces too much calcium and so his skeleton becomes kind of a block within the years. Anyway, he is a decent guitar player. Sixx is a cool @#$%&, writes most of the songs and is a good showman (like Tommy. But Tommy is way more talented) and Vince....well, he´s an @#$%&. His voice is shot. They put on a great show but IMO they don´t fit to the Stones (as Metallica). But who cares for the openeing act anyway?

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 6, 2005 16:56

tommy is a great drummer ,,r u serious

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: August 6, 2005 17:05

Yes!

Posted by: macdaddy ()
Date: August 6, 2005 17:10

why do i have the uneasy feeling that the crue will be opening in anaheim...?

and stop slagging trey - phish is done (and we would have been blessed to have them open for the stones), he will be with his new band, and they are pretty tight - lots of musicianship; that will be a great opener, one of the few that will actually be worth seeing start to finish...

not sure about metallica - 10 yrs ago, maybe, but now, i just dont know...

are you guys gonna knock pearl jam, too..? granted, the peas suck, and should not be considered rock n roll (they arent), but i would take trey over lenny kravitz, dave matthews or sheryl crow any and every day of the week. and i sure as hell would rather see trey or pearl jam than i would see metallica or the crue, esp given that the year is 2005, and not 1989.

what the stones should have done is have some balls and have guys like bb and johnny winter, and all the other living blues legends, open up for them, but they went for the kid demographic (i assume to put a$$es in the seats)...

i will say that compared to the garbage that opened up for them in europe on the licks tour, the openers this time around look pretty decent as a whole...

and get a grip - it is the opening act, what do you care anyway..? how many of you were stoked to see foreigner or journey in 1978..? those bands sucked back then, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-06 17:13 by macdaddy.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 6, 2005 18:27

Could u imagine Chuck Berry Openin up ,,,,be just like heaven

Posted by: herb ()
Date: August 7, 2005 02:12

well said, Chelsea!

Posted by: flexy633 ()
Date: August 8, 2005 00:37

Well, I guess I'm the only one that would be thrilled if Motley opened for the Stones. I've heard it said that they will be opening the Sept. 10 show in Chicago (YAY!).

You wouldn't believe the amount of Motley fans who think this is great. They're much kinder and respectful of the Stones than you'd think. Nikki Sixx is a huge fan of the Stones as well.

And yes, they are a great band. You don't see other "hair bands" still touring and making music and selling out shows like Motley is.

How any Stones fan could be excited about Metallica opening for the Stones is beyond me. Totally different sound and style and does not make one iota of sense. Are there really still Metallica fans out there???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1720
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home