Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: O.T. Blind Faith
Posted by: Poetry ()
Date: August 16, 2015 02:43

Well, judging from the bootlegs and videos I have, the two had some great shows as well. My favourite live version of Layla (I heard doyens of them) comes from a Japanese gig from 1988 which was the same band essentially plus Elton John as a special guest. By the way, he had Keith guesting on Layla and Cocaine in 1986 once. There is a bootleg of that show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-16 03:00 by Poetry.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: August 16, 2015 02:57

The Blind Faith LP was often played by me when it was released, and I still find myself going back to it. The EC and Winwood guitars and wonderful. They cut some beautiful numbers. I think the soulfulness of Stevie Winwood probably made this album a great one. It has this dreamy feel to it. Funny, I like to listen to this one while working out. For me it doesn't matter what those guys did live together. The record kicks ass, and that's enough.

Posted by: Poetry ()
Date: August 16, 2015 03:06

Milan
Yeah, Clapton was more fun in the 70ies -- [www.youtube.com]

Well, as I have a lot Of EC shows I think I have also one from which some of this is taken. He was loaded on manz shows until 1983, but twhere this comes from is easily in the top 3 among the recorded ones / here he was overloadd so to say. Still, there are some briliant shows from this 74 tour, but much more briliant ones were in 75, late 77 and late 78.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: August 16, 2015 03:28

"... 'coz now I'm livin' on a... FxCK YOU CxNT, WHOEVER THREW THAT"

- haw haw!

The soundboard part is from the Three Rivers Stadium, Pittsburgh, 5 July 1974 -- [www.guitars101.com]

The audience recording is from the Rich Stadium, Buffalo, New York - July 6, 1974 -- [www.geetarz.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-16 03:37 by Milan.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: August 16, 2015 15:12

To continue my train of thought in my first post in this thread, just think how daring an innocent song title like "Do What You Want" must have been sounding back then. Real hippie stuff!

Date: August 16, 2015 15:21

noughties
To continue my train of thought in my first post in this thread, just think how daring an innocent song title like "Do What You Want" must have been sounding back then. Real hippie stuff!

its "do what you like"

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 16, 2015 23:09

MSG NYC 7/12/1969

Midwest Rock Festival - 7/25 - 7/27/1969

Honolulu Hawaii - 8/24/1969 - (Final Performance)

Photos archived in KJ Bleus Collection, 2001

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-16 23:10 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 16, 2015 23:15

Milan
"... 'coz now I'm livin' on a... FxCK YOU CxNT, WHOEVER THREW THAT"

- haw haw!

The soundboard part is from the Three Rivers Stadium, Pittsburgh, 5 July 1974 -- [www.guitars101.com]

The audience recording is from the Rich Stadium, Buffalo, New York - July 6, 1974 -- [www.geetarz.org]

Where can you download this show from Buffalo?

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: August 17, 2015 17:44

Blind Faith: excellent album. I recommend the bonus disk edition for some cool alternates and formerly unreleased gems.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: August 17, 2015 18:58

great album..loved the Buddy Holly cover "well all right" and the opening song 'had to cry today'

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 19, 2015 03:04

Steve Winwood docu covers Blind Faith period from about 34:00 onwards.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: soulrob ()
Date: August 19, 2015 06:58

Poetry
For those interested in Eric, I may list and send a few of my favourite post Cream boots here. Just let me know.

As for a rarity, I have seen a picture from a mid 70s gig in Japan where he plays a Tele.

Would love to get a list of your favourite post Cream Clapton shows.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 19, 2015 08:18

Naturalust
It was Stevie Winwood that made that band for me. Can't Find My Way Home will always be one of my favorites. Somewhat agree with His Majesty that Ginger Baker was the wrong drummer for the project.

Can't Find My Way Home resonated in 1969 because I think a lot of people, especially the rock musicians, were getting burned out from the drugs, and feeling a little despair. It was a soothing balm with a sobering message underneath.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 19, 2015 09:15

Hmm I got their only album but knows nothing about the Music on it...it's quite boring I guess...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 19, 2015 16:12

24FPS
Naturalust
It was Stevie Winwood that made that band for me. Can't Find My Way Home will always be one of my favorites. Somewhat agree with His Majesty that Ginger Baker was the wrong drummer for the project.

Can't Find My Way Home resonated in 1969 because I think a lot of people, especially the rock musicians, were getting burned out from the drugs, and feeling a little despair. It was a soothing balm with a sobering message underneath.

Soothing balm. Love that description! Couldn't speak for 1969 but the medicine was still working over a decade later when I discovered it. I wonder who the song was written for if anyone in particular?

Date: August 19, 2015 22:51

Poetry
Well, judging from the bootlegs and videos I have, the two had some great shows as well. My favourite live version of Layla (I heard doyens of them) comes from a Japanese gig from 1988 which was the same band essentially plus Elton John as a special guest. By the way, he had Keith guesting on Layla and Cocaine in 1986 once. There is a bootleg of that show.

I love the tour with Mark Knopfler in the late 80's. Some of the best renditions of EC's catalogue.

Date: August 19, 2015 22:52

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 23:03

Superb album, with some excellent drumming from Ginger. Who just edges ahead of Charlie as my favourite drummer.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: August 19, 2015 23:57

Underwhelmed alot of people at the time but sounds great today- Presence of the Lord, Cant Find My My Home, Sea of Joy...good laid back stoned UK hippy stuff!

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 20, 2015 03:41

roryfaninva
Underwhelmed alot of people at the time but sounds great today- Presence of the Lord, Cant Find My My Home, Sea of Joy...good laid back stoned UK hippy stuff!

That's probably why I wasn't crazy about the record: the "laid back" aspect. I was predisposed to a furious guitar from EC, ala Cream.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: August 20, 2015 16:59

SW was the motor of this band

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: August 20, 2015 17:28

SW was the motor of every band

Date: August 20, 2015 18:53

An acoustic cover of Steve Winwood's classic by (Lynne)Jackaman, originally released by Blind Faith in 1969. Recorded at the Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen in London on June 16th
[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 20, 2015 18:57

You have to listen to cant find my way home by lowell george and bonnie raitt live in 1972

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 20, 2015 21:12

His Majesty

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks for that HM! Great post, I really enjoyed it. Sad along with Stevie about all the Traffic members that are no longer with us.

Date: August 20, 2015 21:18

Naturalust
His Majesty

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks for that HM! Great post, I really enjoyed it. Sad along with Stevie about all the Traffic members that are no longer with us.
True. Only Stevie and dave Mason are alive

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2035
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home