Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13
Re: Next Vault release......Tokyo ´90
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 2, 2015 00:33

How do people have this, Amazon said the release was pushed back until Nov 20, went to my local record store and they said the same thing.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 2, 2015 01:17

Amazon US delivered mine. Roundhay is November 20.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 2, 2015 02:36

Doesn't make any sense. I preordered mine as soon as it became available. If you look on Amazon or any other site it says not released until Nov. 20. I swear amazon screws me every time. Just like the Stones official web site where I am still waiting for an order for early 2014.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: November 2, 2015 02:37

I have to chime in here, I went everywhere in the NYC area to find this and every place says its not out until Nov 20th. I just preordered in on acoustic sounds and nov 20th as well.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: November 2, 2015 02:37

The vinyl is delayed. I received the Cd/blu ray from Amazon US. The channels are reversed on the CDs. The blu ray is correct.

Hope the vinyl is right.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 2, 2015 02:45

Strange... I bought everything here in Holland aka The Netherlands in a store on Friday evening:

*vinyl version incl. dvd
*digipack 2cd & dvd
*blu ray

I watched the blu ray last afternoon and it's awesome!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-03 00:17 by GJV.

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: November 2, 2015 02:49

I picked up the blue ray with the 2 cds at Walmart lol

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 2, 2015 03:24

I won't buy the CD as I have already the FLAC release from a couple of years ago but I always thought Tokyo '90 is one of the best release of Stones bootleg series after Brussels '73.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 2, 2015 11:15

It was released here in Ireland last Friday, its very good but Roundhay '82 is the much more anticipated DVD. A virtually unseen pro shot from that year, the clips look great thus far, can't wait for Nov 20.

Anyone compared yet Tokyo DVD Vs BluRay? Was filmed for TV methinks so perhaps not much difference.

Second half of show is quite great; guitars mixed low in the beginning, not a great guitar sound. Keiths "guitar hero" histrionics are something to behold also, quite a few messy extended solos. Overall, a good Steel Wheels show, and glad to have it in this quality.

Date: November 2, 2015 11:53

Hound Dog
Doesn't make any sense. I preordered mine as soon as it became available. If you look on Amazon or any other site it says not released until Nov. 20. I swear amazon screws me every time. Just like the Stones official web site where I am still waiting for an order for early 2014.

The album/DVD is out. If I order here today, estimated delivery is November 11.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 2, 2015 12:35

If the BluRay sound is even better than DVD, I'd be definitely tempted to get that too.

The Vault (and Audio Archive) releases have really showcased tours I hadn't loved previously in so much better light. They've also made some live albums completely redundant. After hearing the excellent and revelatory 'LA Friday' last year, not sure I'd play 'Love You Live' again; 'LA Friday' was simply excellent. The 1981/1982 tour was documented by 'Still Life' - but with Roundhay and Hampton both now available (particularly Hampton, what a show!) - the archive releases leave the official document in the dust.

'Flashpoint', 1989/1990 tour; a decent album but Tokyo is just so much better.

New angles and much better sound; I'd had a copy of Tokyo 1990 on VHS for a long while but watching over the weekend was like seing it for the first time. Put it up there with my favourite of all the Wheels/Urban Jungle Pro-Shots, Atlantic City 1989!

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 2, 2015 14:39

IrelandCalling4
If the BluRay sound is even better than DVD, I'd be definitely tempted to get that too.
Then get the bluray.
The sound is awesome.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: November 2, 2015 16:57

Has anyone received the cd/dvd from amazon.co.uk and if so,are the channels on the cd's reversed?

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: November 2, 2015 18:58

Yes, they're reversed on the CDs - Keith on the left, Ronnie on the right...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 2, 2015 19:32

Posted by: chrisvw ()
Date: November 2, 2015 20:36

great show. i can remember how thrilled i was for them to do this tour after such a long dormant stretch. i also remember what an emotional moment it was when the five stones took that last bow together at the end.

but am i the only one who thinks everything was sort of "sped up"? to me it seems like what they used to do with chuck berry's music, recording it and then replaying it slightly faster than the original. honestly, i prefer their sound today.

and, i must say, that was the worst hairdo mick has ever toured with!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 3, 2015 12:17

This reversed channel thing with this show has a long history......Just checked the vinyl Soundboard bootleg on Caution records from 1990 - It's the same.

Must say one thing about this release....Bill was at top of his game when he left.

sc uk

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 3, 2015 13:10

bonddm
Has anyone received the cd/dvd from amazon.co.uk and if so,are the channels on the cd's reversed?
Got mine yesterday from amazon.co.uk Channels are reversed.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: November 3, 2015 16:09

ironbelly
bonddm
Not the news I wanted to hear,but many thanks for the reply.
Are you and/or others on this forum planning to try to get replacement CD's?
I wonder if Eagle are even aware of the issue as yet?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 3, 2015 16:39

RipThisBone
Bashlets
i think it was Cindy Miselle? instead of Lisa that did the solo in Gimme.

Yes it's Cindy Mizelle. Read the liner notes and watch the dvd. I think she did a great vocal, but is too low in the mix. She should have been louder.
........In 1990 Lisa was as thin as Mick is now......

PS edit: Bill did miss the reheasals in Tokyo and/or was flying to Japan later because his father died I seem to remember reading somewhere. He was not present at the pressconference for sure.

Yes wondering how Lisa eventually got the job??

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 3, 2015 16:46

Can anyone confirm the Bluray set includes the audio CDs. I ordered this combo hoping this is for real. Don't like buying the bluray separately. This would be to good to be true.

Date: November 3, 2015 17:29

bonddm
ironbelly
bonddm
Not the news I wanted to hear,but many thanks for the reply.
Are you and/or others on this forum planning to try to get replacement CD's?
I wonder if Eagle are even aware of the issue as yet?
Well, reversed channels is a kind of common issue in the industry. The channels were reversed for Bitch (bonus track) on Marquee 1971 as the latest expampe. All stereo tracks on old Hot Rocks [London 820 140-2] from Australia (Disctronics pressing) too. And I am happy I am not hard core fan of Led Zeppelin, because those Barry Diament mastered CDs are mess (reversed channels, missing cough etc.). So, you know... Even if Eagle Rock will acknowledge the mistake I do not expect replacement soon. And I rather buy a corrected version later than give up the first press with error.

Date: November 3, 2015 22:26

And just for a record.

I got a word from a friend of mine who ordered Japanese edition with t-shirt. On Japanese CDs channels are reversed too.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: November 3, 2015 22:35

Memorabilia: Matt Lee

Haha, nice work Matt!

Date: November 3, 2015 22:39

Are the channels switched for the vinyl as well?

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: November 3, 2015 23:51

OK, so it's been verified that the channels are reversed for the Tokyo 1990 CD's.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the big deal ?????????

Are we missing something audio-wise ???

I listened to some of the songs from CD # 1 and if I didn't know that the channels were reversed, I wouldn't know that there was any problem. It sounded fine to me.

SFTD

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 4, 2015 00:28

If I close my eyes and try real hard while listening to the cd's...I imagine I'm Cha-Cha sittin' at the drum kit and Keef's on my left and Ronnie's on the right...then it all makes perfect sense mansmoking smiley

Date: November 4, 2015 00:36

SFTD
OK, so it's been verified that the channels are reversed for the Tokyo 1990 CD's.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the big deal ?????????

Are we missing something audio-wise ???

I listened to some of the songs from CD # 1 and if I didn't know that the channels were reversed, I wouldn't know that there was any problem. It sounded fine to me.

SFTD

Keith in the left speaker! It's just... wrong.

Same with the Brixton bootleg. Hard to get accustomed to..

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 4, 2015 00:37

Ward is gonna fix the audio problem. The box incl. Lp's and cd's is delayed untill the beginning of december, that's what I heard.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 4, 2015 00:48

GJV
Ward is gonna fix the audio problem. The box incl. Lp's and cd's is delayed untill the beginning of december, that's what I heard.

So, are they gonna send the rest of us who already bought the cd's replacements so we can listen to it without pretending to be Charlie?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1602
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home